shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 17:14:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy is checking over her shoulder while following the trail of blood to find him. The second harpoon is fired but it misses and falls across the ship and into the water with a splash. But she doesn't think to cut it until she sees Lance's leg with a giant piece of metal sticking through it.[break][break]

It makes her nauseous immediately but she's acting on instinct, rushing to his side with a piece of rope from the other harpoon wrapped around her arm.[break][break]

When he goes to speak, she speaks in tandem, their words mincing perfectly as they say the same thing.[break][break]

"Are you okay?--"[break][break]

The coincidence brings a hesitant smile to her face as she crouches next to him to tie off his leg, to stop the bleeding. [break][break]

"Yeah- yeah, I'm okay. We're both okay."[break][break]

When his leg is tied, she leans back to sit down, exhausted. Even still, her hand finds his to squeeze it, desperate for some form of comfort.[break][break]

"That was intense, right?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: plunder the pirates

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 17:21:49 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

we're both okay. only then does relief creep its way through. he takes a deep breath, nodding, but he's unable to reciprocate a smile. they aren't in the clear just yet and the last thing he wants to do is to let his guard down again. the last time almost killed them.[break][break]

the rope is tied over his wound to apply pressure. he retracts a hand and finds hers, staining it in the process. the warmth in her hand reminds him then and his voice lowers in register when he asks:[break][break]

"what was that back there?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 3:38:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"A royal fuck up."[break][break]

She sighs, reclining on her hands. She's since pulled away from him the moment he asks his question. His reaction hadn't been to flinch, but unease and fear of harming him was still fresh in her mind.[break][break]

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have gone for the gun."[break][break]

Had she not, they might have been able to get away virtually unharmed. The explosion had been a mistake.[break][break]

"I'm sorry."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 14:15:36 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"that's not what i meant."[break][break]

it leaves him more stern than he would have liked but the situation calls for it. what happened back there was dangerous, unnatural, and he can't decide whether to be worried or scared; not of her, but for her.[break][break]

"you were on fire. i could feel the flames coming off you, not to mention the fact that you're unharmed," he pauses then, remembering another incident. "you were also unharmed after the fires in lilycove. how?"[break][break]

lance narrows his eyes, suspicious.[break][break]

"there's something you're not telling me."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 14:30:12 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

'That's not what I meant.'[break][break]

She knows, she's just unwilling to answer directly. The truth was, she didn't even know what was happening to her, herself. The last time she had been on fire she had almost had her soul sucked out by a space Pokemon in Kyle's living room. And apparently that was 'normal' for the creature.[break][break]

"I really don't think now is the time to discuss this, Lance."[break][break]

The suspicion in his eyes is haunting and drives a knife into her gut. She averts her gaze, unwilling to put herself through that. [break][break]

"We're alive - that's all that matters."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 14:42:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"then this will be the last time we work together."[break][break]

the moment she averts her gaze is when he makes his decision. he doesn't expect her gaze to return but he still looks at her as he speaks. it's the least he could do.[break][break]

"you don't have to tell me anything, stormy, but just know that i don't mess with the unknown. it makes the job dangerous and puts not only my life at risk but also those around me. until i know what that was, i can't trust you."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 14:50:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy's attention snaps back to him and the severity of his statement. Dread is a cold drip down her back as she holds his gaze. [break][break]

She says nothing because he's right. She says nothing because she knows she's dangerous. She says nothing because she doesn't know what to say. She still doesn't know what happened to her that night, what pact she made.[break][break]

By now, they're far enough out to sea that it's safe enough to go back on the deck. She pulls herself away from him to do just that. She needs air from the stifling unease that lingers in the cabin.[break][break]

She's sitting on the deck, forehead pressed against the side of the boat as she studies her hands.[break][break]

w1WAGtWN

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:03:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

tension still lingers in the air even after she leaves. he exhales his frustrations, turning his attention back to the wound. he pulls the rope to secure it tighter, bracing through the sharp pain that pulses from the area. there's no point chasing after her because he has nothing else to say. he sits in place, leaning his head back before closing his eyes in an attempt to calm the rush of emotions he feels.[break][break]

soon, the town of pacifidlog comes into sight. they dock at the pier and ensure the supplies are delivered safe and sound. lance is taken to the hospital, however, to treat the vicious wound on his left leg. it'll recover, but he's not sure if other things will.[break][break]

udVqpTJp

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,231 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
shiver me timbers [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 6:18:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x egg tutor (bonus).
[break]