Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 1:18:04 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

A barking rung out in the Outskirts, the only thing breaking over it being Kaida's own voice, a little scratchy as she raised her voice over and over again. "Fafnir! Over there!" She roared and pointed into an alleyway, where a gaggle of Murkrow miserably huddled together, unable to move. If not for Garmr's nose, Kaida might have have not even seen it. From the skies came a Salamance, abruptly wrapping the flock in its forearms, the great dragon paid no heed to the frightened squawks. They'd understand soon. [break][break]

Shelters. Cooling centers. They were all well and good, if the Pokemon managed to reach it. She was here for the wild Pokemon that couldn't move, that feared humans too much, were too far from a water source to survive. [break][break]

And they reached it, Kaida's make-shift river. Say what you will about lack of infrastructure, but the crumbling roads made for great holders of water. A Huntail and Gorebyss swam in the contained water, completely cool as they shot off random Hydro Pumps and Blizzards, weakened for purposes of cooling. [break][break]

Stomping over to one of the shallow waters, Fafnir (rather unceremoniously) dumped the birds, turning and rumbling after Garmr. The Snubble and Salamance seemed well-suited for this job, possessing enough energy and well-placed Ice Fangs to stave off the heat...better than Kaida, at least. The heat would be unpleasant in the worst of times, but running in the suffocating sun, with no easy way of retreat, had thoroughly drained the woman. [break][break]

From the waters, Kaida saw the blurred imagine of a Gorebyss, Din, rear up and try to fire off a blast of a brief Blizzard towards Kaida, but it was too late. The change in temperature only made her head spin, and she felt a terrible dizziness before something held her up, two scaled hands. Od and Jotun, an Inteleon and Feraligatr worridly guiding her towards one of the empty artificial rivers. [break][break]

Maybe I pushed too hard.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission! Hydro Pump (1/4)

[attr="class","tag"]@open

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 9:20:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
The woman roams the area by request, there is not other reason she would be out at such a time of day and most certainly not with such heat in the air. The unusually high temperatures was nearly enough to the well clothed woman's skin to boiling. If it were not for the blizzard kept going by her Froslass she might well have, keeping the temperature around her cool. The Gardevoir flanking her other side kept an eye out for outcropping of pokemon and seeking the other cooling centers.

They had spent more time bouncing around than she cared to, going from one to the other to ease their over flow and now they find themselves in a different predicament all together. Her gardevoir spots the group first, leaving the well controlled and chilled air of the blizzard in an instant upon realizing what she see.

The pokemon comes with pink mist floating about her, the misty terrain reaching out through the area delicately, seeking to sooth both the human and the rest of the pokemon alike and motioning, asking of the attending pokemon for access to their human.

Bleeding heart that she is.

Isra trails behind lazily with her froslass on her heels, keeping her from growing warm in heat. She hides beneath the parasol, seeking to be untouched by the sun. "They say heat stroke is a very serious thing you know."

A bit cold perhaps, but she's not very good at the caring part most of the time.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 17:25:18 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The reaching out Misty Terrain mysteriously crept up, and Kaida's Pokemon present jerked up, mulling over the psychic message for a moment. The two water-types near Kaida backed away, Od with considerable resistance, but Jotun was gladly opening the way, so it was fine, right? From the waters, eyes were watching, a hearty Hydro Pump ready for any possible enemies or those needing cooling. [break][break]

Kaida recognized footsteps, human ones, so it wasn't just an illusion from a heat-striken mind. Still, she sure felt she was was seeing some kind of mirage, seeing a woman approach with a parasol, surrounded by the Misty Terrain. [break][break]

Nearby, Fafnir crashed down again, dropping a pack of Poochyena beside the Blizzard pool. Kaida pulled herself into a more manageable sitting position, face set into a frown as a headache chewed its way above her ears. "I've heard." Her voice was strained from her previous yelling, "That's why I'm here, to...to make sure the wild Pokemon that can't reach a station can survive this." Heavens it was hot! "D-do you need to cool down?" Headache or heat stroke, whatever came. If it was serious, she could always go and be treated, but some creatures didn't have that safety net, and so she offered her makeshift cooling station...even if humans weren't the intended user.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission! Mirage (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 21:42:25 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"I think you ought to be worrying a little more about yourself." there is no concern in her voice as she speaks and i anything, the woman grins ever so slightly beneath her parasol. Though she cares little for the woman in front of her, knowing no reason to do so, she can admire the tenacity it takes to be so insistent. Even if it does tend to go hand in hand with stupidity.

The psychic type is eager to move forward when the pokemon give her room to do so, the misty terrain following suite, the froslass at her masters heals giggling all the while. What a mystical sort of image the trio must be. The woman dressed from head to toe in skin tight denim, a white long sleeved blouse, gloved hands and matching healed boots. All bellow a parasol shading a face framed in cascading black. She must look like a ghost, or perhaps something else, descending in the young woman's time of need.

She speaks just as the hand of the gardevoir finds the young woman's shoulder. "You look as though you might find yourself At Death's door before you know it." there is a devilish grin behind the comment, a would be joke if she knew who she was speaking to. "Might need to knock soon if you are not careful."

The gardevoir glares at her master, the healing pulses of energy being given off the pokemon are sure to prevent that. Though she can do nothing for any sort of dehydration the woman suffers from she can at the very least ebb the effects. She can make them more tolerable.

"When was the last time you stopped and drank water?" she asks, though she cares little. It is a formality but the young lady has her attention regardless. Though a bleeding heart is useless to her the determination needed to pursue it so strongly intrigues her all the same.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 3:42:03 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Perhaps it's a good thing that no concern is intended, because Kaida doesn't believe that any concern would be directed at her, at least by a stranger. She curls her knees closer, some pain dissipating at the Gardevoir's help, "Thank you." She directs to the actually concerned one. [break][break]

A bark of laughter escaped Kaida, "Death's Door!?" Too convienent of words, for someone like her, who had entered and seemed eager to get as close as possible again, if only to make up for it. "I've had much, much worse than this, really." Perhaps she should own that phrase, anybody who died could likely say they'd seen worse than everyone. [break][break]

Water...might be a problem, she just remembered, "I, um, ran out a little while ago." Perhaps an hour? "I don't really see why you're asking, unless you're giving me some." That would be very much appreciated, if her situation wasn't obvious.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission! At Death's Door (3/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 4:42:56 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Hmm. Isra tilts her head tot he side as she listens. Isra sees something different from what she hears and she wonders why though she will not inquire. It's not her's to care about. She's more inclined to simply let her pokemon continue her work, seeking to sooth now not just the woman but the pokemon around her as well. It seems they may all need a little extra tlc today.

"I'm asking because dehydration will sneak up on you in heat like this. It is easy to think you can last longer than you actually can."

The woman reaches for the messenger bag that is almost always hanging off her shoulders. The sigh heavy as she rummages through it for the bottle of water that has settled near the bottom. Isra has made a point to keep it full throughout the day. She hands it to the other woman who will find it is not cold and refreshing like she might be expecting. No, it is actually quite warm.

"Avoid cold water, it'll do more harm than good right now. And if you'll permit it, once you're on your feet I'll buy you a drink you can keep for awhile." it's a surprisingly playful wink that follows her comment, considering the situation.

Maybe a small part of her has grown a little soft after all. Or it's just that old soft spot for the stupidly determined cropping up again.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 22:36:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Jotun's tail is thumping the ground like a little puppy's, the sheer strength cracking the ground. Of all her Pokemon, Kaida thought that he was her friendliest, he barely judged. All he saw was a friendly woman helping Kaida out. [break][break]

All things considered, Kaida didn't actually expect to receive any water, but paused only long enough to wait and watch, making sure the woman actually meant it, then took the drink. It wasn't like she was joking when she said if Isra was asking, it would be better if she had a drink ready. [break][break]

It only struck her that this was very strange of a stranger after a few sips, and her thoughts poured out on her tongue without much filter, "Why are you doing this? I don't know you...do I?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 20:52:45 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
The woman quirks a brow at the sight of the woman's pokemon, the thumping tail leaving cracks in the ground in its pleasure. There's a small scoff at the lack of control but she says nothing. Her attention focuses on the woman, especially as her gardevoir finally turns her attention away from the human and begins directing it to the pokemon in the area.

"Because I am not heartless?" she offers, a common enough misconception given her faith. Most seem to think them strictly heartless and cruel but that was not entirely true. Only mostly. Something like that.

Isra chuckles, mirthless and pointless, a well practiced mannerism. "No, we don't know each other, at least not well enough for me to know your name."

But she does not offer her own, not yet at least. It's simply conversation, she's not yet decided introductions are in order.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 19:10:35 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Not heartless. Kaida stayed silent for a while longer, as if trying to believe it, and shook her head, "I'm sorry, I feel like people been going crazy right now, didn't think somebody would help." Maybe it was the summer heat. People did say heat made one go crazy. [break][break]

And may be she was crazy, because when the woman noted that they didn't know each other, Kaida suddenly planted her feet to stand, wobbling the whole way...and extended a hand, "I'm Kaida, nice to meet you." It was only polite, correct? So they had something to call each other. Besides, the woman was helping the Pokemon too, as far as Kaida was concerned, it was better for them to know each other now.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission! Midsummer Madness (4/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:30:29 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"There is no need to apologize." it doesn't matter to Isra, she exists seperate from the ways of the world, their social ticks are just information in her brain. Tools to navigate a people that are not hers. At least that is what she tells herself, time and timme again as these moments come to pass.

Isra does not reach out to steady the woman as she stands, she must be able to stand on her own two feet again at some point doesn't she? A gloved hand reache for the one that is offered, shakes, gentle and firm.

"Isra Nghtingale, a pleasure to meet you." her eyes scan the area, the pokemon, her own, how the gardevoir still cares for those that did it. The pink mist lingers, clinging to the ground.

"Will you be able to handle yourself now?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 22:02:38 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida's own handshake is rather rough, overly strong and a little clumsy, but a handshake nonetheless. "Happy to meet you." She spoke genuinely, even if she was just happy that the woman arrived in time to help her out. [break][break]

Will you be able to handle yourself? [break][break]

Looking over at the helpful Gardevoir, Kaida nodded, unwilling to be a burden. "Yes, thank you very much, I have to get back to work but I'll...be careful with my water." Great, now she had to follow such words.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission! (4/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 4:35:40 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
It becomes very obvious very quickly that they are two very different people from very different worlds. She can feel it in the shake, she can see it in her eyes, it's plain as day.

Despite this Isra finds herself oddly.... curious. "Please do." oddly enough, she grins.

Isra turns to her pokemon, the gardevoir is already eyeing her knowing it is time to go even though there is always work to be done. Isra thinks for a moment before nodding to the pokemon and turning to go.

"You are welcome to keep her with you awhile, she enjoys such work. She'll return to me when she is ready."

It is several steps before she turns back. "Her name is Lucille, by the way, should you need it."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 23:26:24 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

To allow her Pokemon to stay with a stranger, Isra here had to be very confident, Kaida thought. She didn't raise any argument, the healing Pokemon was greatly appreciated by both herself and the Pokemon they'd be rescuing. She wasn't done madly wandering the outskirts just yet. [break][break]

As Isra left, Kaida turned and addressed the Gardivour, "L-Lucille, please stay here and help them." She pointed out the exhausted and overheated Pokemon resting in the little pools, then to her own, "Garmr, Fafnir, let's go!" The day wasn't done yet.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Heat Wave mission! (4/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Scorched Earth [SS/O]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 5:42:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 75 poke, 10 infamy, 1x tm/tr.
[break]