Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,603 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 7:53:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as the play button waits, noah's face is flattened by the prophet before him. he speaks the truth— but noah has another route in this pick-your-own-adventure. quickly, he shakes his head.

"nooo, you gotta like, reset it. blank slate. alternate universe, man." noah says. he places his hand on the other's collar, its shape curled and clawed as if to grab it. but he doesn't in fear of ruining his new shirt. "we'd be like, enemies at first. and we'd try to kill each other at every turn— but we'd have to like, ally up 'cause that's the best chance we got, y'know?"

noah's back swings back to the nook of his seat. still caught in his fantasy, he takes another forkful of reheated airplane food to munch on during his impromptu pitch.

"then, we'd like, develop feelings for each other during the whole thing. enemies to lovers, man. then we marry after the games." noah chews. "pretty hot, right?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,625 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 8:35:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"doesn't that thing only end up with one winner usually?" he reminds noah. kyle cannot see himself to be an exception in any reality.

kyle leans closer to noah to save his shirt from being stretched too much, all while still holding his meal. his attention still seemed to be on his food despite holding the conversation. he swallows what's in his mouth before he continues.

"this is why i gave in to rom-com, man,"
he tells noah. "if we're having this alternate universe thing, might as well take the childhood friends turned lovers route than that edgy forbidden love thing."

he gives him a quick peck on the cheek to disarm him and let go of his shirt.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,603 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 8:49:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "yeah, but the rich kalosians or whatever would be like, whoa, wow. they're so in love. and they're pretty hot too, damn. okay, they can both win."

the kiss dismantles his theatrics. no red carpet. no red curtain. just red cheeks as noah softens with a blush and a mutter. pulling away from the collar, his hand falls to kyle's thigh and rests there.

"if we met as kids, maybe we wouldn't have got together." noah says. "i was kind of a shit stirrer back then. actually, you kind of calmed me down, i think."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,625 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 9:01:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he finishes the meal in a few bites since airline food is all about not being worth their costs. kyle leaves his on noah's tray under the reasoning that he's closer to the aisle once the flight attendants collect trash if he is ever prompted for it. he wipes his mouth with a napkin before he rests his head on noah's.

"if we met when i finally got financially stable enough to lock myself in my room and spend all my waking hours playing games, we wouldn't have gotten together."

his hand guides noah's hand to where it belongs, holding it close so it couldn't be dragged back to where it was.

"see, that just sounds silly. i know you can't resist me regardless of whatever alternate universe we're at."

kyle watches as the movie finally starts. the first few characters introduced do not really reflect as either him or noah based on personality, so he wonders what kind of excuse noah can point out to liken the two of them to the characters.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,603 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 9:11:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah reddens at kyle's incessant teasing. he rubs his face with his free hand, as if to scrub his embarrassment off with his palm.

"stop saying that. you said it during your gym challenge too." noah whines. "you're not wrong i guess... but it goes both ways, so let's be real... not like these guys, though."

he points to the screen. their cinematic counterparts start off distant, with one caught in the curse of unrequited love.

"'kay, maybe it kind of started... that way. but when you first saw me, you were probably like, 'damn, who's that cool looking guy? wow, he's so kind and handsome, i'm gonna marry the fuck out of him." noah pats kyle like a judge declaring a sentence with their gavel.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,625 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 9:26:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wants to stay in the moment of calm. the hand squeezes on the other's harder, as if not to let him go.

he sacrifices the risk of getting a stiff neck to getting a more stable place for him to rest his head on, which was noah's shoulder. eventually, he slides down his seat until he gets to a comfortable level. he remains unmoving from this position to watch the movie.

"it was more like me thinking, if he was a dog pokemon, he'd be bravo," he confesses with noah's answer. "second thing was like, 'why would this guy go to a stranger's house?'."

the smile on his face remains. the context of the movie doesn't even matter if they eventually just turn to conversation starters, he figures.

"wait. don't tell your parents that though. we don't want them thinking that i'm weird."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,603 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 9:38:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "okay, that explains why bravo was jealous of me, man." the comparison can not be evaded. even noah, in the early days of their relationship, stubbornly found reflections of himself within that mightyena.

noah's head resettles on kyle's like a toppled pillar resting on some ruin's stone. "but hey, no fair, man. you're like, a public face, okay. saved the commissioner like two times now, dude? you were a stranger, sure, but like, kind of not."

he scratches his cheek, "then again, i guess my threshold is a lot lower than a lot of other people for social stuff." contagiously, kyle's smile comes to noah's face in a grin of his own. "but you are weird. weirdo. and that's why iiiiii love youuuuu." noah hums loudly.

the movie continues to play, the cheesy cuts to cityscapes and national parks flickering before them.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,625 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 9:50:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
feat after feat, noah lays it on him once more. he wants to convince noah that if it wasn't him, someone else could have definitely done it instead, but he just cannot win against him in this type of debate. kyle appreciates these losses, however.

the position gets more comfortable and he doesn't want to move now, especially as noah lays his head on his. the warm feeling is something he doesn't want to let go for the rest of the flight.

"i love you too," kyle repeats. "now shut up and stop exposing me so we can focus on the movie."

there was no couch so he can lie down and set his feet on noah's lap, but such comforts were insignificant compared to just being with him.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,603 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flight [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 10:06:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "fine, fine." no exasperation. just a swift calm that comes with silent surrender.

occasionally, noah bubbles with laughter- but he's gentle enough in their swells to keep kyle's head secure. it's no different than the couch, really. another lazy day, noah conditions himself to believe.

and such familiarity summons fatigue. as their flight takes them over vast seas and cloudy fields, they drift into a wood of sweet slumber.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing