6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 7:35:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he was supposed to get since this was supposed to be a bonding experience between them, but instead he got her other best friend. kyle is worried if this best friend is similar to but at least he seems normal-ish? he also has longer legs than her so maybe he can run faster.

team synergy is important for an event like this, or so he thinks. the race course is too straightforward at least, so they can probably make do without that. still, kyle is polite.

"this is bailey's friend," he introduces dominic to june and noah. "everyone say hi."

on the side, kyle's smeargle goes for the shiny poochyena that cooper's best friend is participating with, using beat up like six times to get it to move faster.

WVzJudMq

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 7:49:11 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he doesn't know where he got the poochyena, let alone how he ended up here. bailey as in ? he's heard that name thrown around at least three time today.

dominic smiles a too-wide, too-toothy grin - more of a leer, really - at her friends and swears he can recognise their faces, which is probably not a great sign? he takes another long sip of his drink to displace the thought. were he more sober he'd be able to place the names to the faces.

"hi bailey's friends," he says instead. "i'm..." dominic shakes his head weakly and makes a vague hand gesture to demonstrate that he's too drunk to continue the sentence.

he places his (his?) poochyena down on the floor and watches as the beating it takes makes it RATTLED and prompts it to take off through the race-course at a high speed.

dbJtR8oz + 60

total 165

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 8:13:39 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "hey!" noah has never seen this man in his life; however, he places a tenuous trust in him. that is, until he whisks his hand in the air. "dude, are you sloshed right now? you gotta run through the course too!"

as their pokemon rush forth, noah follows. his medicham PSYCH UPs on the beaten poochyena. deft strikes land from grey fists, crushing karate blocks and raised targets. noah does the same too, tagging parts with disciplined precision.

"if he gets hurt," he shouts to kyle and june, "i'm not looking!"

mGVFtXTb +60[break]
post 3 / total 316

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 8:53:02 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”Wait a minute.” June knew who this man was but given the current state he was clearly in it wasn’t a surprise that he didn’t recognize her and honestly she was just surprised that he was standing upright.

”Are you sure it’s a good idea to let him do this?” She’d whisper to Kyle after sliding over to him. Well, it wasn’t like they had much of a choice regardless of seeing as the event was starting and they had to move.

She was using a Spinda and this being the first time she’s seen one she wanted to look at it longer but alas they didn’t have the time.

But watching the Pokémon run; now that was a delight, that and it using PSYCH UP on the Poochyena were the highlights of this event so far seeing how funny-looking the Spinda moved.

Yv83szje + 60
Total 472
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 8:59:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's not too surprised with noah and june's reactions. a happy-go-lucky smile appears as he hears june's concerns, but he responds with it with a shrug that compliments his carefree nature.

"he's gonna be fine," he tries to convince june. "he's bailey's friend so he probably knows how to move while he's drunk."

kyle forgets that he should be trying to act like he's oblivious to dominic's current state.

"yeah, you're...?" kyle repeats. he's gonna get a name from him cause bailey's friend is a mouthful.

the smeargle gets psyched up as well after seeing the poochyena go fast and goes fast as well. kyle tries to catch up, but he's just too slow for his pokemon. that, and it's tiring to sprint that fast.

K|m4U5ud (+60)
attack +6
total: 548

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 9:15:55 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic dismisses their concerns with a scoff. he's totally at peak physical fitness regardless of his blood alcohol level, this is nothing.

"don't worry about me kiddo," dominic says to noah, though even he recognises that it doesn't sound particularly reassuring.

kyle's question sort of catches him off-guard and he has to actually slow his running for a moment as he thinks of the answer. he reaches an obstacle and languidly drags himself over it while his RATTLED poochy simply leaps.

"i'm..." he repeats. "i'm zack," dominic says, though he doesn't sound super confident in his response. dominic frowns, and he thinks the pieces may be starting to fit into place.

"you're lopez, right?"

F2Q1e73E + 60

post 6 / 616 rolled

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 14:02:23 GMT
June Fair Avatar
She wasn’t sure if she bought that excuse Kyle was giving her, the guy looked like he was going to fall over any second and she’d rather that not be in a pool of vomit because he was running when he shouldn’t have been.

”Whatever you say, just make sure to keep an eye on him so we don't find him keeled over later.” June replied, shrugging as well. That entire situation looked like a mess but as she looked away she would feel better about being a part of this event.

Which speaking of that there was no way she was going to be able to keep up with the Pokémon at this pace but hell if Noah was trying then so would she.

nJZs|S3q + 60
Total = 681
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 3:35:08 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "it's noah. not kiddo." noah hollers from ahead.

concrete crumbs and halved boards litter the course. harking back to one of his earlier careers, noah works in tandem with his medicham. after the pokemon strikes a karate board on the left, they secure a tight grip on noah's arm. they do not stop moving. a swing provides enough momentum for noah to strike another higher up.

"if he's keeled over later, i'm not cleaning it up, man." noah barks. "i already do enough of that when kyle gets drunk." he jests— and lies.

Z223H2UT +60[break]
post 8 / total 788

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 3:58:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he pretends not to hear everyone else's input cause he's likely to just ditch him as well if he does keel over. kyle faces him with a polite smile until everyone ends their rants.

"yeah, that's me." kyle's surprised since it was like the first time anyone has referred to him by his name without him introducing himself. "nice to meet you zack."

kyle gives him a salute before he chases after his smeargle, who's going super fast now.

EVAURGmO (+60)
attack +6
total: 907

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
misete yo 1 [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 4:07:34 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 even when the targets are just a slideshow blur of images flashing before his eyes, dominic is able to recognise the facial features and name belonging to a hoenn elite four member. if nothing else, he sometimes watches tv.

"oh," he says faintly. "hey, good job," dominic continues, not specifying where or when kyle did a good job because that would require to dig in his memory bank and he was too focused on staying upright.

dominic raises his voice to call ahead to noah and june. "you're such good friends." it's not meant to sound sarcastic but it does anyway.

the RATTLED poochyena keeps running a high speed, terrified of the other pokemon, and dominic only now is starting to come to terms with the fact that he will not catch up to it.

_38v0kpC + 60

post 10 / rolled total 1046