snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
panic room
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 18:22:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]training... no big deal, right?

wrong, definitely wrong. she's already nervous and the longer she sits there, the higher an increase in her anxiety. realistically, it's the thought of failure that has palms sweating and pulse racing but that's what really gets her. she's about to train with fernando and if she fucks up, what then? he's scolded her enough just for littleroot but if he scolds her for this? oh god. nauseous, she's definitely nauseous now.

a golurk lingers at her shoulder, both confused and sympathetic. the automaton is used to these sort of things by now considering his trainer is a walking bundle of anxiety. and so, it offers nothing more than a soft coo.

and then, she hears the approach of him and she's jumping up, trying to force a wobbly smile onto her face. "hey," she greets softly, pairing it with a mild wave. "i, um, figured i'd come to you this time." an awkward laugh leaves her lips.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 21:36:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The discrepancies between how the world perceives him and Fernando's own self-assessment is one of the most blaring weaknesses he has in united people underneath his banner. In this regards, is superior, Fernando dismissing him as a brown-noser, too obstinate in his own ways to recognize the merit and capacity his rival holds in both office and image. That's why no one is able to see between the fine lines of his narrowed eyes. Cutthroat, grumpy, can't take a joke, asshole; all descriptions that are true from a certain point of view, but one he dismisses as the idle excuses of those too weak to carry out what must be done.

Success is not easy by any means. It requires an inhuman amount of vigilance to sculpt both consistency and break bad habits. Only through a misshaped psyche, fractured by his childhood trauma, does Fernando trudge forward with his characteristic obsession. What does he see in the mirror?

An acknowledgement not to be held back by the man err's of man in his goal to make the world a better place.

Unrealized to himself, his ego clouds his own weaknesses, making the mental gymnastics to apply his pettiness as a tool to put others in line. So when he passes through the League with a defined gait, head high, shoulders evenly spaced apart with proper posture, he doesn't think himself intimidating. No, he's proper.

"Reyes."

His acknowledgement comes with a glossy smile. He hadn't expected her to approach. He considers her brave for doing so, only because he has a good feel for her personality. It reeks of someone timid, of weakness.

"And I appreciate that. I take it you're ready?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 23:48:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]if it were anyone else, she might be a little put off by the use of her last name. family ties are messy and what not. instead, she smiles a little wider, stands up a little straighter. and eventually, she'll drift a little closer. for now, however, she merely bobs her head and fidgets slightly where she is now.

"i believe so," she murmurs. is anyone really ready when it comes to training? yeah, probably but her? well, that's definitely debatable.

illeana takes the opportunity to drift into his orbit, head tilting slightly to one side. "is now a good time to start?" is it obvious she's never exactly done this before? probably. her golurk looks a little more excited than its trainer. all bright eyed and bushy tailed and hovering over her shoulder to stare at the councilman. she ignores the presence for the most part, used to the usual routine of toddler-like excitement until it's time to get down to business. almost like flicking a switch, that one.

and maybe she's second guessing herself a little by the way she glances around, as if suddenly unsure she's worthy of this. the thought is kept quiet for now, tucked away into a filing cabinet for later.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:54:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Good. I just had a course set up for my personal training."

Fernando reaches his own waistline to count off his Pokeballs. He feels out eight and considers that sufficient for their training. After all, he has to operate in regard to League standards. Pushing her too hard would look bad in the eyes of those still on campus.

"I hope your Golurk can keep up with that level of enthusiasm."

It's all smile until they actually get into the Gym. For now, nothing looks too different. The only exception is the various pitching machines scattered on the opposite end of the basketball court. Several cardboard cutouts also line the field. Fernando makes his way to the machine, calibrating it while loading in several tennis balls.

"Should we start with a warm up?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 0:21:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]his own personal course. she supposes she shouldn't be surprised. not really, anyway. he's a man of power, of influence, and to expect anything less than the best even in training would be foolish. the thought still has her nervous, fidgeting where she stands. a nod follows before she's glancing toward the automaton in question. the hint of a smile rises to her lips, pulling at the corners of her mouth. "i believe it just might," she murmurs. there's no doubt in her mind the golurk is excited but will it hold up against this? she isn't sure.

she's quick to glance around the gym, to take in their surroundings. truthfully, she's never actually used the gym before. best to not stick her nose where it doesn't belong and whatnot. the pitching machines almost look like they're set up for sports. would this be considered a sport? or is it simply just borrowed sports equipment to fulfill a purpose? either way, she's halfway between curious, nervous, and confused all at once.

"are the machines the warm up?" and is it more for her golurk or for her? probably both, if she had to take a guess. it's logical to start off slow and gradually work up to harder training but now that she's here, all of it seems hard compared to her inexperience. the automaton at her side looks ready, however. stepping up to the plate, an excited coo escaping as it shifts forward.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:23:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

Immediately, a tennis ball is launched toward the other end of the Gym, missing Illeana entirely but close enough for her to feel the sudden disruption graze past her. "We start with making it over from one side to another without being hit. You can use whatever Pokemon you have on you to ensure your safety." A bit of fidgeting with the switches allows him to set it at a specific interval. The trick is to set them to run at different length to keep trainers on their toes.

"You increase the difficulty with every pass. The next step is that any Pokemon that blocks a ball is unable to act for five seconds. Then we start aiming the balls at the cardboard cutouts as well. They're supposed to represent civilians and you'll have to protect them as well."

It's by no means fancy but considering how little setup is involved, it's perfect for orchestrating inside the League gym. Using actual Pokemon to attack her would be reserved for the confines of the Slateport Gym. That or inside one of Silph Co.'s training facilities.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 21:07:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a startled gasp escapes, drawn out by the sheer velocity of the tennis ball whizzing past her. and really, she doesn't even want to entertain the thought of how it'd feel to be hit by the thing. subconsciously, she drifts a little closer to her golurk.

even as he explains, it does little to quell her anxiety.

"are we allowed to use attacks to protect us from the tennis balls?" the automaton at her side is practically a clay shield but it can only take so much damage before that clay begins to chip. the briefest of flashes from littleroot rise, sudden clips of clay breaking apart and shattering. it makes her nauseous. she swallows, as if to keep the memories and the emotions they bring at bay.

increasing the difficulty will place a strain on not just her pokemon but herself as well. the added pressure of protecting cutouts makes sense, she supposes, but the concept that she's misjudged this comes on suddenly. it's more than she expected, even if it's considered easy by most training standards. can she keep up? or will she fail again? the thought has her hands shaking.

she has to try to steel herself, to keep her composure strong throughout the training. something tells her fernando will never accept weakness and the need to be useful makes her step forward. her chin rises, as if holding her head high will convince him that she's prepared, that she's ready.

"okay, let's do this."

she's in over her head, a trend that seems to follow their intertwined paths.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
panic room
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 7:21:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Naturally.

It goes without saying that Fernando expected no less from her, or anyone for that matter. To be able to transverse one end from another without the use of PROTECT or any other defensive moves is near impossible. Trying to do it alone is also something ill advised but he make no mention of it the first time she shotguns the course.

And a one, and a two—

Fernando watches her run the course the first time. He leaves any critiques to himself, silently judging, but all smiles considering it’s her first time. “So, what’d you think? It’s a bit cardio, reaction timing, and planning all bundled into one exercise.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
panic room
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2020 0:03:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the mild beginnings of a strategy form with his confirmation. and while she's normally trying to play it safe, this is nothing more than training. he won't fault her if she tries out something new, right? she's about to find out.

he starts off with a count and then, she's moving. her legs are slow to the start, enough for her to stumble slightly. balance is regained, sure, but the delay in timing has her gasping when the first ball comes flying toward her. "phantom force," she murmurs. the discolored golurk doesn't offer any sound, shifting into shadows without hesitation. a strategy of disappearance, of waiting, of striking when the time is right. the automaton emerges from the floor a moment later, a clay arm already swinging up and out to block the ball before it can get closer.

they continue like this. her trying her hardest to run through the course without pausing to catch her breath and the golurk emerging to bat away the attacks that come. she doesn't bother to switch up the plan, doesn't even consider it. this is her optimal strategy, her best chance to make it through unscathed. and when she's finally done, her cheeks are flushed and small beads of sweat roll down her face.

"it's good," she murmurs once she joins fernando's side. her chest rises and falls a little too quickly for her liking but it's to be expected. she's out of shape, naturally. "a bit of everything rolled into one prepares you more than just focusing on one thing at a time, right?" besides, there's no room to only focus on one thing at a time when you're thrown into the thick of things. her mind drifts back to littleroot, to the lack of time. mistakes made and lives lost and perhaps that's why she's in this gym with him, working herself into a state of preparedness. adjusting the straps on her sports bra, she glances toward him with the ghost of a smile. "your turn?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
panic room
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 5:21:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: