2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
counting mareep, literally [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 11:54:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It was fair to say that Skyler couldn't orient herself to save her life.

That explained how she'd arrived half an hour late to the ranch and it also explained how, after looking at the map from different directions and turning it upside down several times, she still had no idea where she was.

She was supposed to be looking for lost Mareep that had wandered away from their group and that couldn't be found anywhere in the surrounding area. For some reason Skyler had ended up in the forest and was now doing her best to navigate the complex root system that seemed to be doing its best to trip her up.

Ugh, she missed the ocean.

"Next time I'll just say no." Skyler grumbled to herself, knowing full well that she wouldn't actually say no when people needed her help. Unless it involved treasure hunting, of course.

There was another person who was helping her look for the lost Mareep, but hilariously Skyler must have unknowingly walked past them because she'd seen no one so far.

"Meeeep!"

Wait, what was that? Was that what Mareep sounded like? Skyler had no idea, but she needed to investigate. She whistled and a Sceptile gracefully descended from the tree tops. The blonde motioned for the grass type to follow her as she made her way to the origin of the sound (with any luck).

● tags:
● notes: MAREEP ROUNDUP MISSION

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 2:15:13 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop"]
[attr="class","rdwnetoplyric"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
[break]
+
WONT TAKE ME DOWN | AND JUST FORSAKE ME NOW

[attr="class","rdwnetop1"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop2"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop3"]

[attr="class","rdwnepost"]

Like any other mission Razz was up and early to it, and always made to sure prepare. On his phone he made sure to download an offline map of the area, listened to some of the ranchers about the summer storm that had hit last night before as he waited near 15 minutes for his partner that was suppose to help him catch the Mareep but more wasted was more time of them drifting off. He decided to just look for them on his own, and it was only after some time searching that he probably should've told them to tell whoever was working with him that he went ahead... oh well.
[break][break]

Thankfully it wasn't long into his search as he heard the cries of a Mareep and he ran over to see the fluffy creature stuck in a tree. Well that was new, "Salem," he called to his cat as the psychic cat's eyes turned blue to use his psychic powers to safely bring down the electric sheep, "Shhh shhh calm down" he tried to sooth them with a small smile as Salem placed it in his arms and he brought the crying sheep down. Though despite it's cries the footsteps didn't go unnoticed, and Razz was well aware of some preditor pokemon that at times came after them, "Sabrina..." he signaled to prep. The white cat's eyes glowing red as a multicolored beam charged between her ears until a person came into view.
[break][break]

"Hold!" was his order as he looked them over, "Ms. Dross?"

[break][break]
    [/b] Mareep Roundup Mission [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot"]
    [attr="class","rdwneimg"]

[attr="class","rdwnebot1"]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot2"]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot3"]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
    PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
    [/div]

[googlefont=Teko:300,400][googlefont=Inconsolata:400,700][googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
    [newclass=.rdwne]width:475px;background-color:#323232;color:#444444;letter-spacing:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop]background-color:#999999;height:104px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric]text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;text-align:right;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;padding-bottom:5px;color:#ffffff;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;float:right;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric b]font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div]font:bold 8px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;height:8px;padding:5px 7px;background-color:#393939;float:right;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div b]font:bold 6px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;padding-right:5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop1]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #2d2d2d;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop2]height:104px;width:5px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-right:-30px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop3]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #323232;margin-right:-25px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost]color:#999999; border-left:solid 1px #2d2d2d;border-right:solid 1px #2d2d2d;padding:45px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d45d59;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#999999;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot]background-color:#2d2d2d;padding:22px 25px 28px 25px;text-align:left;font:20px Teko;line-height:20px;height:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot b, .rdwnebot a]font:20px Teko!important;line-height:20px;color:#ffffff!important;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwneimg]height:70px;width:150px;float:right;margin:-22px -25px -28px -25px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwneimg img]height:70px;width:150px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot1]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot2]width:5px;height:70px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot3]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #2d2d2d;margin:-22px -20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
    close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
    she, her
    august 17
    Lilycove, Hoenn
    bisexual
    sailor / treasure hunter
    nautica owner
    how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
    awards
    2,345 posts
    skyler dross DOLLARS
    part of
    TAG WITH @skyler
    skyler dross
    POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 17:22:13 GMT
    skyler dross Avatar

That was definitely a Mareep, Skyler decided as she approached the sound. It was just the right amount of cute and pathetic that would attract predators like Mothims to a flame.

Skyler hurried in the sound's direction, doing her best not to trip and make a fool out of herself -- not that anyone would be here to see it, but Skyler would know and that was enough -- when the sound suddenly stopped.

'Oh, no. Oh, shit.'

Selvans reappeared close to her and they shared a look. If a predator had gotten there first... Well, the mission would be over before Skyler knew it.

She sent Selvans ahead and doubled her speed, looking around frantically for any signs of a sheep Pokémon. She stumbled into a clearing (of sorts, it was still full of tricky roots) in her search and subconsciosuly stepped back in alarm when she was suddenly confronted with an angry-looking psychic Pokémon.

The Sceptile was by her side in an instant, claws out and ready to fight, but Skyler immediately put an arm between him and the other Pokémon when she recognized the human voice saying her name.

"Razz?" Skyler stepped to the side and immediately saw the young man. "Razz!" 

All alarm drained from her face as she approached the young man and playfully punched his arm. "None of that Ms. Dross. My name is Skyler," she said, a cheerful grin taking over her face. "How are you-- wait, you're my partner for this mission?"

● tags:

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
    close tab

played by

King

he/him
    May 24
    Sootopolis City
    Uninterested
    Ranger
    Slateport Ranger Captain
    5'10 height
    5'10 height
    awards
    3,204 posts
    part of
    TAG WITH @razz
    Razz Kingsman
    POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 20:11:49 GMT
    Razz Kingsman Avatar
    [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
    [break]
    +

Sabrina was quick to power down her attack as soon as Razz asked her to, the white cat pouting as she was hoping for some action. Though so far this whole search had been a bore. At least the lady got a chuckle out of her when she punched the trainer while he wasn't expecting it making him let go of the Mareep he had in his arms and made him yelp in surprise rather than hurt. Thankfully for both Razz and the Mareep Salem was still holding it up with PSYCHIC otherwise he would have dropped them. Razz seemed confused at the random punch but shrugged it off as just the way she greeted people. "Fine I suppose," he answered about how he was, obviously he has become a master of conversations since they've last met. [break][break]

Razz signaled for Salem to put the sheep pokemon down, "Yes, I was told by the farmers that a 'Ms. Dross' was going to help me, didn't think it be you again, but after waiting a bit I thought it would be best to move on so that these guys didn't have more time to separate," he pointed to the Mareep he found. "We should probably keep searching as we talk though," he insisted as they were here for a job, already he started walking as he looked to the map on his phone as he tried to think of where else they would be in the area. Both of his Meowstic already had the order of keeping their ears open for anymore cries of sheep. Though Salem was quick to jump onto him and start poking Razz's head before pointing to Skyler Razz receiving the message loud and clear. [break][break]

"Umm... so how are you?" he tried to make sure that didn't sound so forced but he was sure he failed on that.

[break][break]
      [/b] Mareep Roundup Mission [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
      PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
      [/div]

[googlefont=Teko:300,400][googlefont=Inconsolata:400,700][googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
      [newclass=.rdwne]width:475px;background-color:#323232;color:#444444;letter-spacing:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric]text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;text-align:right;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;padding-bottom:5px;color:#ffffff;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;float:right;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric b]font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div]font:bold 8px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;height:8px;padding:5px 7px;background-color:#393939;float:right;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div b]font:bold 6px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;padding-right:5px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop1]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #2d2d2d;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop2]height:104px;width:5px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-right:-30px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop3]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #323232;margin-right:-25px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnepost]color:#999999; border-left:solid 1px #2d2d2d;border-right:solid 1px #2d2d2d;padding:45px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#999999;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot]background-color:#2d2d2d;padding:22px 25px 28px 25px;text-align:left;font:20px Teko;line-height:20px;height:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot b, .rdwnebot a]font:20px Teko!important;line-height:20px;color:#ffffff!important;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwneimg]height:70px;width:150px;float:right;margin:-22px -25px -28px -25px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot1]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot2]width:5px;height:70px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot3]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #2d2d2d;margin:-22px -20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
      close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
      she, her
      august 17
      Lilycove, Hoenn
      bisexual
      sailor / treasure hunter
      nautica owner
      awards
      2,345 posts
      skyler dross DOLLARS
      part of
      TAG WITH @skyler
      skyler dross
      POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 8:27:43 GMT
      skyler dross Avatar

She should, Skyler thought for a second, sometimes think before she acted. She certainly wasn't expecting Razz to just yelp and let go of the Mareep at her mock-punch, but she guessed not many people were used to dealing with her.

Maybe she should socialize a bit more... Then again, she'd gone to a few parties lately, hadn't she? Hah, she was turning into a social butterfly!

"Ah, sorry, didn't mean to startle you, Razz." Skyler looked more sheepish now, but there was still an energetic and cheerful aura to her. "Good thing your Pokémon had the situation in hand. Good catch there, guys!" She waved at both cat Pokémon, remembering for an instant the mischievous antics of one particular Salem.

"Well, you see..." Skyler scratched the back of her head and suddenly there was an embarrassed flush on her cheeks. "I kind of get lost easily on land." She took a map from one of her back pockets and waved it around. "I mean, how am I supposed to know which direction I'm facing in here? Come to think of it, where are we now? I honestly have no idea. I kind of have just been wandering around."

Skyler nodded at Razz's words and was about to whistle to Selvans for both of them to resume the search for more Mareep when Salem jumped on his trainer's head and started poking. "Oh," Skyler replied, hiding an amused smile, "I'm good. Completely lost, but good -- and now I have some company too. Let's go then!"

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
      May 24
      Sootopolis City
      Uninterested
      Ranger
      Slateport Ranger Captain
      5'10 height
      5'10 height
      awards
      3,204 posts
      part of
      TAG WITH @razz
      Razz Kingsman
      POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 21:46:50 GMT
      Razz Kingsman Avatar
      [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
      [break]
      +

"Its fine, admittedly I'm pretty easy to startle," he commented with a small smile trying to ensure the other it was alright, the Meowstic loving the compliments Salem even answering in a reply with his meow as he used one hand to wave it off as if trying to convey that it was no big deal cause he was just that good. Just what they all needed for the blue cat to grow a bigger ego. Though he ignored his pokemon's response for now as he listened to her with one ear while his eye looked at the map as they walked, though something she said did make him pause. "Wait isn't it harder to determine direction at sea?" he couldn't help but ask, while sure since Hoenn was basically an over grown island so the mountains to the north weren't helpful there was always the giant volcano to the east. [break][break]

It was a few minutes after when the cries of Mareep could be heard again Razz quickening the pace as eventually a cave came into view. That was concerning as Razz scanned around first seeing nothing before signing to Salem to keep an eye on the current Mareep they had. Salem nodded before the ranger turned to Sabrina and Skyler to follow him, silently if possible. As he approached the front mixed in with the cries of mareep could be heard the barking of pups. Lovely, was his simple thought as he looked into the cave seeing a litter of 5 dog pokemon that he personally hasn't seen before. Brown with a while tail was all he could make out from the front, but the 4 Mareep they were trapping were unmistakable. [break][break]

"Think you can cause a distraction while I try to grab the Mareep?" he whispered to the other, while sure they could probably just do a battle Razz would prefer not to hurt the small dogs too much for just trying to grab a meal. Besides they seemed small for all he knew the parents weren't that far away so a full battle may draw them back much sooner.

[break][break]
        [/b] The dogs being Rockruff, but Razz not familiar with Alolan pokemon ICly lol [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
        PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
        [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
        she, her
        august 17
        Lilycove, Hoenn
        bisexual
        sailor / treasure hunter
        nautica owner
        awards
        2,345 posts
        skyler dross DOLLARS
        part of
        TAG WITH @skyler
        skyler dross
        POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 7:44:48 GMT
        skyler dross Avatar

"What? No! It's really easy to know where you are, you don't have all these trees blocking your way."
        Skyler sometimes forgot that not everyone was as used to the sea as she was, though now it became apparent that she really wasn't used to staying on land for long. "You just look at the sky. Or you use your gps -- lots easier without all these obstacles in the way." She did her best to reign in her annoyance, but ended up kicking a root and nearly falling on her ass as a result. Karma, she decided, was not on her side.

She shut up when she heard the scared bleat of more Mareep growing closer. She followed Razz as quietly as she could and eventually they came upon a cave. Careful not to disturb whoever or whatever was in there, Skyler took a peek at the inside of the cave and blinked when she saw puppy Pokémon encircling a bunch of scared Mareep. Well, they'd found the sheep Pokémon at least.

Skyler nodded at Razz's question, thinking of ways to draw out the puppies. The woman didn't want to battle them just because they'd been able to get a meal -- they were just trying to survive. Plus, she didn't want to do anything that would make their parents go after her.

The forest was very thick around here, which worked perfectly for the plan she was cooking up in her mind. She gave Razz a thumbs up before she moved behind some greenery. She let out Sirena, her Lapras, making sure the tall Pokémon could not be seen. She beckoned for Selvans to approach her. "Can you draw those pups to the mouth of the cave, Selvans?" The Sceptile nodded and jumped away silently into the trees.

Sirena looked confused to have been called in the middle of the forest, but Skyler just put a hand on Sirena's neck and patted. "We'll need your singing soon enough."

Evnetually, Skyler heard Selvans moving the bushes and causing a LEAF STORM in the space where the entrance to the cave was. When it subsided there were five adorable pups at the entrance, looking for the cause of the sudden noise. "Now, Sirena!" Skyler whispered urgently, and the Lapras opened her mouth. a heavenly melody filling the air around them.

Skyler's eyelids were feeling very heavy...

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
        May 24
        Sootopolis City
        Uninterested
        Ranger
        Slateport Ranger Captain
        5'10 height
        5'10 height
        awards
        3,204 posts
        part of
        TAG WITH @razz
        Razz Kingsman
        POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 11:35:42 GMT
        Razz Kingsman Avatar
        [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
        [break]
        +

If the Mareep's cry hadn't interrupted them Razz definitely would have asked why she couldn't also look at the sun while on land as it still rose and set the same, and check if she was fine from falling but no need to think of missed opportunities. For now he waited in place as Skyler used her Sceptile's Leaf Storm in order to draw them out. Good, once out he quickly ran inside with the frantic Mareep, "Shhhhhh," he tried to calm them down hands up to show that he had no intent on hurting them. "Calm down now, we're gonna get you out of here," he assured them with a smile though they were obviously still in some panic. Sabrina stomped her foot and meowed to get the attention of the flock. She meowed some more about possibly something of stop being cowards if he he was hearing her tone correctly. Honestly Razz couldn't read her as well as he could Salem yet. [break][break]

A yawn couldn't help but escape him as singing echoed through the cave. He'd call it a smart move if it weren't for the fact that it was getting him sleepy. "Sabrina," he yawned and she seemed to read him just fine as an electric spark came between her ears as if to use CHARGE BEAM but he mostly used it to touch and shock the sleep out of his system, he was sure that his hair was fuzzy and burning like one would see in cartoons. Ow! was his only thought before he stepped up and signaled for them to follow. Which wasn't hard as the group seem to want to surround the white Meowstic for the electric power she just used seem to being wanting for more. Good note for later. [break][break]

Razz stopped short of the cave entrance happy to see all the pups now sleeping, the ranger using the time to take a picture of the pokemon for his phone's dex to get proper information. "Good work," he complimented with a low voice to thank her for their help.

[break][break]
          [/b] Didn't know if you were gonna have Sky fall asleep or not so left it open haha [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
          PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
          [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
          she, her
          august 17
          Lilycove, Hoenn
          bisexual
          sailor / treasure hunter
          nautica owner
          awards
          2,345 posts
          skyler dross DOLLARS
          part of
          TAG WITH @skyler
          skyler dross
          POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 9:43:34 GMT
          skyler dross Avatar

Sirena looked down at the softly snoring woman by her side and let out an amused grunt. Her flippers weren't going to let her walk far in this forest, so she used one of them to shove a sleeping Skyler. Unfortunately, the woman flopped onto the ground but didn't wake up and the Lapras let out an exasperated sound. What the whole shove did do, was make Skyler snore louder.

Selvans descended from a nearby tree and looked at the two of them in utter confusion. It seemed like a strange place to have a nap, but the Sceptile thought that humans were strange so his trainer should be no different. He shared a look with Sirena when they heard the other trainer -- maybe their trainer shouldn't be sleeping at all?

The Sceptile jumped onto the ground and poked Skyler on the forehead, the move having no effect whatsoever. The poor grass type looked at a loss, utterly confused about what he should do.

The problem was quickly solved by an impatient Sirena, who opened her mouth and let a jet of water fall straight onto Skyler's face. The human groaned, but didn't seem overly surprised at having been woken by a jet of water straight to the face. Maybe this happened more often than she'd cared to admit.

"Wha-? Who?" Skyler blinked the water away from her eyes and looked around, the memories from what she had been doing clicking into place. "Oh. Oh! Thanks, Sirena!" The Lapras nodded and let herself into her Pokéball, her job done. A forest wasn't exactly the best place for a Lapras.

The woman gave the still-worried Selvans a thumbs up and ran her fingers through her tangled and now partially soaked hair. She left the bushes she'd been hiding behind, doing her best to stiffle a yawn that still managed to come out. She saw Razz waiting for her and smiled sleepily. "So, did it work?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
          May 24
          Sootopolis City
          Uninterested
          Ranger
          Slateport Ranger Captain
          5'10 height
          5'10 height
          awards
          3,204 posts
          part of
          TAG WITH @razz
          Razz Kingsman
          POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 9:37:27 GMT
          Razz Kingsman Avatar
          [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
          [break]
          +

Razz watched as the other seemed to had fallen asleep just like the Rockeruff he's come to learn their names thanks to this DexApp. He held back a chuckle as the Lapras seemed to come to the idea of the pokemon waking up the trainer. Though at least a stream of water seemed much more pleasant than Sabrina barbecuing his hair, but if he was being fair it wasn't like she knew gentler attacks. At her questioned he nodded as he pointed back to the sleeping rock pups, then to his white Meowstic who seemed to be getting annoyed with the electric sheep following her. "Lets be quick before the parents come back," he whispered as he headed into the forest and away from the cave finding that to be a tad more important than direction. [break][break]

Though he did check his DexApp for another thing, "Considering they're wolf pokemon do you think they'll be able to follow out scent easily?" he asked aloud hoping maybe Skyler knew a bit more about these rock pokemon than he did. Though for now he headed in the direction of Salem. The blue cat pouting on top of the Mareep he was left with when they came into veiw. Well looks like someone was not happy about being left out of the action. "Oh come on, don't give me that look it wasn't that exciting right?" he turned to Skyler who would hopefully back him up with that statement. It wasn't like he could trust Sabrina for it as just to mess with her brother she would tell him it was the best fun.

[break][break]
            [/b] ~~~ [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
            PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
            [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
            she, her
            august 17
            Lilycove, Hoenn
            bisexual
            sailor / treasure hunter
            nautica owner
            awards
            2,345 posts
            skyler dross DOLLARS
            part of
            TAG WITH @skyler
            skyler dross
            POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 8:01:00 GMT
            skyler dross Avatar

It took her some time, but as she blearily rubbed the sleep from her eyes, Skyler noticed that Razz was... well... he looked kind of fried. Her eyebrows went up in bewilderment. "What happened to your hair, Razz? It looks..." She seemed at a loss for words, and made vague gestures with her hands. "...kind of crazy."

Skyler was quick to follow Razz's advice and they made their way as quickly as they could with a bunch of Mareep behind them, navigating through the trees and, in Skyler's case, trying not to trip over any root.

When Razz whipped out a Dex, the blonde drew nearer, a curious looking flashing over her face. "I never had one of those," she told Razz, studying the handheld piece of technology. "And I'm afraid I know next to nothing about those cute pups. I'm more of a water Pokémon expert." She shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'oh well'. "But I mean, aren't canine Pokémon really good at smelling stuff? Maybe we should just assume they can follow us and make our way back quickly."

When they made it back to the clearing, they found a very bored and practically pouting Salem. That one, Skyler decided, was a troublemaker and probably her favorite also. Not that she'd tell him, but she found the Meowstick adorable. "Oh yeah, it was really boring. I even fell asleep and everything." To make her point, Skyler let out a very real yawn, hoping the Pokémon would fall for it.

Speaking of, they should probably be getting back to the farm. Skyler looked around for some time and decided that she was, again, thouroughly lost. She turned to Razz, hands on her hips. "Well, we should be getting back. I don't want to be followed by those pups' parents." She was hoping that Razz would be the first to walk to their destination and she'd follow behind because she honestly had no idea in which direction they were supposed to be moving.

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
            May 24
            Sootopolis City
            Uninterested
            Ranger
            Slateport Ranger Captain
            5'10 height
            5'10 height
            awards
            3,204 posts
            part of
            TAG WITH @razz
            Razz Kingsman
            POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 5:54:52 GMT
            Razz Kingsman Avatar
            [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
            [break]
            +

At the hair comment Razz couldn't help but comb through his hair with this hand, "Someone decided to 'sing' and had to keep myself awake some how," he intended to remark with playfulness though he feels it came off more sarcastic. The problem when social skills wasn't a strong point but no time to think about while they were walking as for the pokedex app, "Might be useful to get one through the league, never know if you'll encounter pokemon you don't know and just get caught off guard." was enough to say by the time they got back to Salem. [break][break]

He was glad to hear the other trainer back him up about the mission being boring as the little blue furball was pouting at the two with narrow eyes for a minutes before it smiled looking as it he was never angry to begin with. Well that was good, least it was easy to please him rather than the white cat. "Right way back," he closed the DexApp before going back to his offline map thinking about where they've been before looking to the sky, and finally the time. Who knew map reading would be a skill he'd be thankful his parents taught him. "This way should be the ranch," he muttered while pointing south east before walking in said direction his two cats following him Sabrina deciding to lift herself up onto his shoulders to avoid the electric sheep climbing on her while Salem continued to ride one like it was his mighty steed!

[break][break]
              [/b] ~~~ [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
              PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
              [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
              she, her
              august 17
              Lilycove, Hoenn
              bisexual
              sailor / treasure hunter
              nautica owner
              awards
              2,345 posts
              skyler dross DOLLARS
              part of
              TAG WITH @skyler
              skyler dross
              POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 16:01:20 GMT
              skyler dross Avatar

"Hmmm." Razz's comment seemed to fly right over Skyler's head as she leaned over the map in Razz's phone, and consequently leaning over Razz as well. Or, well, as much as she could given their heights.

"That's a nifty piece of technology." Her own phone was a beat up older model that had fallen into salt water more times than Skyler cared to admit. She only used it to call or text people and sometimes to check the weather before she went out to sea.

Trusting Razz's skills to help them navigate through the thick trees, Skyler let herself relax. She followed the young man as he made his way south east, matching his pace and being mindful of treacherous roots. The young woman couldn't recognize a thing about this part of the forest and she definitely didn't remember if she'd ever passed through here before. Given that all trees looked the same to her, that wasn't saying much.

"Do you know how long until we reach the ranch?" Skyler asked Razz, a chuckle leaving her mouth at Salem's impression of a knight atop his steed. "I'm a bit afraid the Mareep will get tired or thirsty." It was summer, after all, and temperatures were still smoldering -- although under the trees it was a bit cooler, thanfully. 

"I do have Sirena in case they're very thirsty, but I can't do much about the heat."

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
              May 24
              Sootopolis City
              Uninterested
              Ranger
              Slateport Ranger Captain
              5'10 height
              5'10 height
              awards
              3,204 posts
              part of
              TAG WITH @razz
              Razz Kingsman
              POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 5:48:28 GMT
              Razz Kingsman Avatar
              [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
              [break]
              +

"Had to abandon a lot of things when I got to Hoenn, but figured since I was replacing old things I may as well get good replacements," he commented about his tech as he continued to follow the direction he choose knowing they shouldn't have too much more to go. He gave a look to Sabrina who seemed to nod to confirm things. A Cat's sense of direction: something you can always trust.[break][break]

"Shouldn't be too much longer, and I'm sure there would be plenty to drink when they're..." he paused as he turned his head at her as something she said registered, "You'd drink water that comes from a water type?" another pause as he tried to think about it, "Is that safe?" he has personally never tried it and while he was all for using water types for multiple things, a garden, pool, cooling off, fire, etc. But drinking it never came to mind, not unless you found yourself for days without it. [break][break]

It wasn't long after where the roofing of the barn house of the Ranch finally came into view, an excited Salem called out to the other Mareep with them as he patted the one he was riding and waved for the others to follow him. Razz could only watch as the electric sheep followed the one he was riding, "That brat"

[break][break]
                [/b] ~~~ [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION WITH

[/div]
                PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
                [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
                she, her
                august 17
                Lilycove, Hoenn
                bisexual
                sailor / treasure hunter
                nautica owner
                awards
                2,345 posts
                skyler dross DOLLARS
                part of
                TAG WITH @skyler
                skyler dross
                POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 9:19:53 GMT
                skyler dross Avatar

"You're not from Hoenn, Razz?" Now that Skyler thought of it, the young man was really pale. There were pale people in Hoenn, but the general populace tended toward tan skin.

He was settling in nicely, Skyler thought, already doing serious missions for the rangers. He must have moved recently too, since he was all geared up. She would've put an arm around his shoulders in typical Skyler fashion, but she didn't want to startle him, so she just poked at his arm. "If you need anything just knock on my door. You know where I live." She gave him a lopsided smile before looking up at the trees. She couldn't imagine permanently moving away from Lilycove, much less Hoenn. It was her home.

"You know what, I'm not sure," she replied to Razz, thinking about water coming from water types. "I never had to do it, but I guess it's just water? Or, well, spit." Her face puckered, and she shook her head to dispell the whole image. "The Mareep would probably drink it. I think." She really wasn't sure, but she also wasn't sure she wanted to think too deply about that.

They finally reached the ranch, Salem leading them atop his Mareep, looking like some sort of pokémon knight. Skyler couldn't help the snort that left her at the ridiculous image. That Meowstick was something. "I think you have to get him a Mareep now," she told Razz, pointing in the pokémon's direction.

Mission successfully finished, Skyler turned to wave at the young man. "I should be getting back to Lilycove now." It was quickly approaching late afternoon and Skyler still had a ways to go. "It was nice seeing you, Razz! We should go for a coffee one of these days." She'd noticed that he'd become much less awkward as the mission went on - or maybe he was growing comfortable around her? Who knew? "See ya!"

● tags: