snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
introduced species [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 22:57:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]everything should be in order... right?

well, the lab is a chaotic mess but that's a usual occurrence, really. papers everywhere, half finished reports scattered across the top of a desk. yep, totally in order. it'll be fine, this assistant for a day won't judge her.

except, that's the wrong kind of thought path she wants to spiral down and it's too late to turn back. her anxiety increases the moment the thought rises and she's never been very good at ignoring those sorts of things.

and that is really how razz will find her, frantically cleaning in a feeble attempt to sort both her lab, her head, and her life. first impressions are important. at least, that's what her parents always said and while she would always rather tell them to shove it, the words hold enough merit to still linger in her mind. even through the cleaning frenzy, it echoes like a mantra until it's drowning out everything else.

she still, somehow, manages to jump when the door opens and shuts, whipping around with papers clutched in her hands looking too much like a gremlin and not enough like a head scientist. oops? she has enough capacity to smile, at least, and fumble her way over to the door to greet him.

"hi! you're the assistant for today, right?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
introduced species [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 8:42:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop"]
[attr="class","rdwnetoplyric"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
[break]
+
WONT TAKE ME DOWN | AND JUST FORSAKE ME NOW

[attr="class","rdwnetop1"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop2"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop3"]

[attr="class","rdwnepost"]

Razz wasn't sure how he felt about doing this job. He knows he told the league that he was a 'Lab Assistant' as previous job but he honestly didn't think that would come to bite him in the arse when he woke up to a text asking him to assist a Scientist. It felt like somehow his father was sending him a cold dish of revenge from behind bars. But that didn't matter, he tried to think to himself as far as the league was concerned he just worked for a nobody scientist in Kalos and he could play that roll here too. When he arrived at the door he had paused as the familiar atmosphere hit and again he was second guessing himself about this, though thankfully the mental nudge of Salem next to him did ease him as the cat looked up at him with a positive smile. [break][break]

"Well here goes nothing right?" he chuckled to his partner as he entered and took a look around noting the scattered papers and files. Yup the all tell signs of a scientist doing her job. Honestly he'd be shocked if were clean and tidy as his dad's old words drifted in his head about how a clean lab was a tell tale sign of someone who has too much time on their hand rather than working. Though it did amuse him slightly at the site of the young woman attempting to clean a bit. He tried to give a friendly, yet slightly nervous, smile. "Yes Razz Kingsman, nice to meet you" he bowed his head lightly not really into hand shakes and he didn't want her to drop her files. "Do you need help with those? Or are you more of the organized chaos kind of doctor?" he asked still wanting to help, all the while Salem decided to look at a few papers on the ground pretending he was reading them in intense focus.

[break][break]
    [/b] hope this is okay start! [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot"]
    [attr="class","rdwneimg"]

[attr="class","rdwnebot1"]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot2"]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot3"]

--- WITH

[/div]
    PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
    [/div]

[googlefont=Teko:300,400][googlefont=Inconsolata:400,700][googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
    [newclass=.rdwne]width:475px;background-color:#323232;color:#444444;letter-spacing:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop]background-color:#999999;height:104px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric]text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;text-align:right;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;padding-bottom:5px;color:#ffffff;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;float:right;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric b]font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div]font:bold 8px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;height:8px;padding:5px 7px;background-color:#393939;float:right;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div b]font:bold 6px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;padding-right:5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop1]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #2d2d2d;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop2]height:104px;width:5px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-right:-30px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop3]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #323232;margin-right:-25px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost]color:#999999; border-left:solid 1px #2d2d2d;border-right:solid 1px #2d2d2d;padding:45px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d45d59;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#999999;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot]background-color:#2d2d2d;padding:22px 25px 28px 25px;text-align:left;font:20px Teko;line-height:20px;height:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot b, .rdwnebot a]font:20px Teko!important;line-height:20px;color:#ffffff!important;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwneimg]height:70px;width:150px;float:right;margin:-22px -25px -28px -25px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwneimg img]height:70px;width:150px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot1]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot2]width:5px;height:70px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot3]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #2d2d2d;margin:-22px -20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
    close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
    she/her
    september 23rd
    snowpoint city, sinnoh
    bi curious
    geneticist
    head professor
    who are we
    to fight the alchemy?
    5’8” height
    5’8” height
    you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
    awards
    4,094 posts
    part of
    TAG WITH @illeana
    illeana reyes
    introduced species [c]
    POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 18:23:16 GMT
    illeana reyes Avatar
    [attr="class","illie"]
    [attr="class","illie b"]
    [attr="class","illie i"]she's varying shades of pink by the time he flashes her a friendly smile. her own is slightly wobbly but still genuine in nature. and while she'd usually offer a hand, there's too many files and he seems content with nothing more than a head dip so she returns it, even if she looks like a weird chicken doing a head dance or something.

"razz," she repeats, as if saying the name again will commit it to memory. and maybe it will, she isn't exactly certain. her mind is, after all, usually a terrible jumble of too many thoughts and projects. "it's a pleasure! i'm illeana reyes, head scientist although you probably know that already." an awkward laugh escapes because she's babbling and it's obvious she's both slightly nervous and disorganized.

and while she should probably stop laughing and put the files down, laughter continues to bubble out of her throat. "oh, definitely the organized chaos type of girl!" her and neat don't exactly go hand in hand. at least, not within the workspace. too many projects, so little space kind of thing. oh well. "if you wouldn't mind, i'd love some help." she doesn't want to just dump half of the files into his arms without confirmation so she tilts her head slightly to the side, smile widening.

"somehow, this is less messy than it was this morning," she comments, gaze sweeping across the lab for a moment before returning back to him. "i give it an hour before it's back to its original state." an hour is generous, really. should definitely be more like twenty minutes tops before she's made another mess. oh well, all in the name of science, right?

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
    [newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
    close tab

played by

King

he/him
    May 24
    Sootopolis City
    Uninterested
    Ranger
    Slateport Ranger Captain
    5'10 height
    5'10 height
    awards
    3,204 posts
    part of
    TAG WITH @razz
    Razz Kingsman
    introduced species [c]
    POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 9:16:53 GMT
    Razz Kingsman Avatar
    [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
    [break]
    +

Picking up the wobbly smile and nervous wasn't too hard a task, he's heard them from himself so often it was easy to recognize it. Lovely she was as nervous as him, now if only he could just say 'hey lets not be and make the situation less weird,' but if he could do that he wouldn't have the problem in the first place. "The League mentioned it, but still best to hear it right, parents once had an associate whose name read 'Dr. Danger' when I meant them turned out it was pronounced Dong-er, awkward meeting," he replied kicking himself mentally for oversharing. Thankfully though she accepted his offer of help as he attempted to take the papers from her hands. [break][break]

"Salem," he called to before he twirled a finger and the cat seemed to pout with a roll of his eyes not missing this old job. With the use of PSYCHIC though he did start picking up papers, and while the blue cat couldn't read he had been taught to recognize similar patterns enough to try and separate them on the table. This was clearly not his first time doing paperwork. Salem's wasn't perfect at separating it, but was a helpful start in the past. "It's fine its what I'm here for, same with the mess, I was always told that a scientist wasn't worth the paper their degree was printed on if they had enough time to keep a clean lab."

[break][break]
      [/b] ~~~ [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

[/div]
      PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
      [/div]

[googlefont=Teko:300,400][googlefont=Inconsolata:400,700][googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
      [newclass=.rdwne]width:475px;background-color:#323232;color:#444444;letter-spacing:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric]text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;text-align:right;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;padding-bottom:5px;color:#ffffff;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;float:right;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric b]font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div]font:bold 8px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;height:8px;padding:5px 7px;background-color:#393939;float:right;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div b]font:bold 6px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;padding-right:5px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop1]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #2d2d2d;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop2]height:104px;width:5px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-right:-30px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop3]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #323232;margin-right:-25px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnepost]color:#999999; border-left:solid 1px #2d2d2d;border-right:solid 1px #2d2d2d;padding:45px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#999999;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot]background-color:#2d2d2d;padding:22px 25px 28px 25px;text-align:left;font:20px Teko;line-height:20px;height:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot b, .rdwnebot a]font:20px Teko!important;line-height:20px;color:#ffffff!important;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwneimg]height:70px;width:150px;float:right;margin:-22px -25px -28px -25px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot1]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot2]width:5px;height:70px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot3]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #2d2d2d;margin:-22px -20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
      close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
      she/her
      september 23rd
      snowpoint city, sinnoh
      bi curious
      geneticist
      head professor
      who are we
      to fight the alchemy?
      5’8” height
      5’8” height
      awards
      4,094 posts
      part of
      TAG WITH @illeana
      illeana reyes
      introduced species [c]
      POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 18:45:19 GMT
      illeana reyes Avatar
      [attr="class","illie"]
      [attr="class","illie b"]
      [attr="class","illie i"]he might consider it oversharing but she appreciates the information anyway. it eases her a little, as if she doesn't need to put on some brave face or whatever to survive this. if anything, it reminds her a little of friends sharing info and she's warming up to the idea. another laugh escapes her as they pass papers between them. "that must've been mortifying," she giggles. names are difficult, honestly. there's too many different ways to pronounce them and getting it wrong, especially in front of a group of people? oh god, no thank you. "hopefully they were forgiving about the mishap?"

she'd ask more questions but her attention is quickly snagged by the fashionable cat he has with him. it doesn't exactly seem happy to help organize but frankly, she doesn't blame it much. she has the same reaction when it comes to tidying up, after all. birds of a feather, her and this meowstic. she's distracted by the way it organizes, seemingly judging the reports and pages of information as it goes and sorting them into specific piles. and despite herself and the ever present urge to not bombard her company with questions, she has to ask anyway. "how does your meowstic know which reports belong where?" her head tilts slightly to one side and an eyebrow raises and she's the picture of curiosity by now. "did you teach it that?"

illeana flushes a little further, eyes darting away from the psychic cat to find razz's. "i suppose," she murmurs, although it hadn't exactly been her intention to have him help her with cleaning. she had an idea in mind for his assistance today but right now, it's in one of the farthest corners of her mind, distracted by the cluttered mess around her. did it have something to do with her shiny project? shit, probably...

"whoever told you that is definitely correct," she offers with another laugh. her parents had been messy and that messiness had ingrained itself into her brain. if there's clean spaces in the lab, they won't be clean for long if you're worth anything. sometimes she thinks it just comes with the territory but... well, is 's lab half as disorganized as hers? she'll have to sneak a peek later to compare. "i'm starting to think it's just a science thing but i'm not quite sure." perhaps he has more insight than she does, more experience with scientists to offer more. and even if he doesn't, she's content to keep chatting as they work. her own stack of papers are mostly sorted into piles now by degrees of completion. funny, the half done pile is massive compared to the finished...

close tab

played by

King

he/him
      May 24
      Sootopolis City
      Uninterested
      Ranger
      Slateport Ranger Captain
      5'10 height
      5'10 height
      awards
      3,204 posts
      part of
      TAG WITH @razz
      Razz Kingsman
      introduced species [c]
      POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 11:20:41 GMT
      Razz Kingsman Avatar
      [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
      [break]
      +

"It really was, and if hes the forgiving type well last I checked he still didn't favor me," Razz gave a shrug with a small chuckle not really caring that the man didn't like him. They were a friend of his father after all, and as such a bit of a criminal. He figured he should definitely stop there though as said man was now behind bars last he heard along with many others. Razz knew very well he needed to pick his stories carefully as he spoke to her. [break][break]

Razz scanned the documents he had in hand to try and organize a bit himself as the blue cat used his abilities to grab more papers from the floor. Honestly he was surprised how well he seemed to be doing considering they haven't done this in awhile. Razz paused at her question as he looked to Salem who looked bored at his work, "Yeah my dad was a scientist too, often he would have me as his assistant and would often make me do clean up," he gestures to Salem, "but after I got Salem here, and taught him to recognize written word it became easier," he explained his story. Salem decided to blow a raspberry at him as if it were the worst thing to be taught in the whole world. Though when it came to paperwork it may as well be. [break][break]

"Considering most labs I've been too I'm sure it just a science thing," he comments somewhat amused, for now enjoying the company of a scientist that wasn't annoyed by his presence there. "Wait so is it just the paperwork you needed help with?" he found himself asking but didn't look up from what he was doing to try and make sure everything was correct.

[break][break]
        [/b] ~~~ [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

[/div]
        PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
        [/div]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
        she/her
        september 23rd
        snowpoint city, sinnoh
        bi curious
        geneticist
        head professor
        who are we
        to fight the alchemy?
        5’8” height
        5’8” height
        awards
        4,094 posts
        part of
        TAG WITH @illeana
        illeana reyes
        introduced species [c]
        POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 0:49:48 GMT
        illeana reyes Avatar
        [attr="class","illie"]
        [attr="class","illie b"]
        [attr="class","illie i"]ah, yeah. his explanation leaves her nodding in understanding. getting someone's name wrong always leaves a sour taste in their mouth, it seems. something about the pride of a name, maybe? she doesn't fully understand it. not really, anyway. "to be expected, i suppose, but no reason to hold a grudge toward you," she flashes a smile.

her focus is struggling to stay on organizing the papers long enough to be considered efficient. a few are sorted but there's still so many left in her hand. at this rate, she'll be making paper piles for the foreseeable week. ugh, it'll just get messy again too. the line between organized and chaotic is a thin one but boy, does she walk that shit daily. razz speaks up at just the right time to distract her, to allow her to glance away from endless amounts of papers toward him and his meowstic. "oh, really?" there's an excited edge creeping up in her voice. "that's really nice! well, more cool than nice, i suppose, but still!" she's never really experienced a pokemon that knew its way around office work. not in this sense, anyway. her eyes shift from razz to salem just as the cat blows a raspberry. her smile lingers, almost touching on fond, but laughter still manages to slip out at the exchange.

"sounds about right!" more laughter escapes her and really, she can't remember the last lab she's been to that wasn't messy in some way. they always seem to have a method to the madness, at least. enough to be considered efficient around the mess. hers, however? yeah, it's just like paperwork threw up everywhere. and as if to add insult to injury, said paperwork almost always gets lost in the woodwork for a day or two. her hands still in the process of organizing and one rises to wave off the notion he presents. her smile grows a little wider. "honestly, no, but i dragged my feet in making this place presentable for company." yeah, she's not the best at time management either. time always seems to slip away in here and there's too many projects that require her attention for her to shift gears from science to cleaning without something going wrong.

the papers are left alone for a moment so she can glance around the lab. "i had actually wanted a second pair of eyes for a project i'm working on if you'd be interested in that," she murmurs. the shiny project is still ongoing and she's been meaning to examine the dna collected from her colleague's pokemon. it's been processing long enough that the slides should be ready for review. ah, but where exactly did she put them in this mess? hopefully in the same place they have been, labeled and waiting for the microscope.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
        May 24
        Sootopolis City
        Uninterested
        Ranger
        Slateport Ranger Captain
        5'10 height
        5'10 height
        awards
        3,204 posts
        part of
        TAG WITH @razz
        Razz Kingsman
        introduced species [c]
        POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 0:10:36 GMT
        Razz Kingsman Avatar
        [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
        [break]
        +

The young man shrugged at it, part of him feeling relaxed at the familiar mind numbing work. Maybe it was because it was something familiar in a long absence of doing something new. "Its fine really, honestly I'm sure I broke something of his or another when I met him, but in my defense I was 12," he sigh a bit as he was done with the one small handful he had but looked to the desk and several documents still riddling the floor that this wasn't a job that was just going to take a simple hour. [break][break]

When complimenting the Ranger for teaching him Salem just gave her the most offended face he could (ↀДↀ)!!! Then Salem starts his meowing meow meows as if lecturing her as if he expected her to understand. Honestly it was quite long winded for the tone seeming to just go for 'this so not cool.' "He says thanks," Razz falsely translates with a chuckle to which the Meowstic responded with thwacking his trainer on the head with the folder he was lifting with PSYCHIC. After a few hits the cat pouts to which Razz just ruffles his fur, "Now now remember you're doing this for sushi," he reminds his partner of his reward before the cat crosses his arms and just plays with the paper again always happy to keep the mood light. [break][break]

At her comment he pauses as if trying to think it over, "Like the people who try to clean their house before the cleaning lady comes?" he can't help but blurt out, "Well I mean not saying that you would but like... for impressing who shouldn't be impressed....." yeah why did he have to open his mouth about something not related to the office, he was better with that. Thankfully she mentioned about what she actually wanted. "Yeah sure I'd like to take a look," he replied thankful to put the papers he had down to see what she had, as he was curious as to what League Scientist tried to work on.

[break][break]
          [/b] ~~~ [/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

--- WITH

[/div]
          PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
          [/div]