Remiel Calcifet
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 8:16:59 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","everybody"]
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

FATE EPISODE U N L O C K E D

completing a thread with these characters before AUGUST 24TH, 11:59PM PST will net you a bonus of 20PD.

Powerless: what an infuriating feeling.

His thumb clicked incessantly at the pen in his grip. He was posted against the wall, just across the set of swing doors from the infirmary. It had been nearly half an hour since he'd brought in his Sinistea, Earl Grey. His most valuable companion had been tainted lethally by a curse. Remiel didn't know how or why this had occurred. And he wasn't sure what modern medicine would do to alleviate it. But he trusted the medical professionals here at the Rocket base anyway. He had no other choice.

The hallway he stood in was long and white on all sides, illuminated by the sickly white glow of the fluorescent lighting he abhorred so much. Patience was a virtue he had practiced well since his youth. But, under these conditions, it did not thrive. He wanted to be out of here. He wanted to be in there. He wanted a status report, theories, solutions, everything— anything. Then he looked up, and he saw, on the other side of the glass panel embedded in one of the doors, what he perceived to be a bob of pink hair approaching. A nurse, at last.

He pushed himself off the wall and stood to attention as he waited for her to arrive.
[attr="class","calcifet"]

— His Sinistea was sent to Rocket's Medical Bay due to the affliction of a persistent Curse.

[newclass=.everybody]padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.say]text-align:justify;font:25px arial;margin-top:2px;color:#AEB3B8;letter-spacing:-1px;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.ramiel]font:40px arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#AEB3B8;text-shadow:1px 1px #fff, 2px 2px #AEB3B8;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:-50px;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.calcifet]text-align:justify;margin-top:5px;font:10px arial;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;margin-top:-50px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .say]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .ramiel]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:1;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .calcifet]margin-top:0px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 18:33:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
curses weren't a problem to her.

between performing surgeries on both people and pokemon, she never had much fear of ghost pokemon nor the curses that could have come with them. when she was told that there was a pokemon who was suffering from a curse, she immediately knew why she, of all people, was the one to be called. she loathed to admit that she was all too familiar with it.

she had an entire arsenal of ghost pokemon, after all.

one glance at the sinistea, and she felt her heart crack for the pain that it appeared to be in. she wants to ask it 'are you okay', but she already knows the answer. instead, she pulls out a pokeball to let a sylveon out to the floor. "seratonin, p-please.." she motions to the sinistea who's in pain, to which the sylveon smiles and extends her ribbons out around the ghost type. though it didn't alleviate the pain, the soothing aura coming directly from the fairy type was able to, at the very least, help the little cup relax.

wendy leaves the sylveon to attend to the cup in the room, for the time being. the doctor moves out from the door, with a clefable at her side which waddled after her. "e-excuse me.." she started, instinctively raising a clipboard to cover the lower half of her face. her eyes glance to the ground, solely because.. looking at people in the eye was terrifying.

"i-i have a few questions that i need to ask. what.. exactly happened to your sinistea?"

her voice is soft, but.. audible, at least. she wasn't good with people, which is why her clefable was the one at her side gently soothing the nervous trainer.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 5:21:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","everybody"]
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

One of the doors gently swung open to reveal the pink-haired woman in the doctor's coat, accompanied by a Clefable that seemed ever attentive to her needs. Despite the coat, however, Remiel still wasn't sure whether he was dealing with a doctor or a nurse. The young lady seemed fairly sheepish and uncertain of herself. It showed in the way she moved, the way she spoke, her lack of eye contact, her hiding behind the clipboard:

Everything.

And if, despite all that, she was a doctor, then she was most certainly a rare breed of one. The many he'd met so far were nothing if not confidant in themselves. It helped inspire relief in their patients as well. Something he, reluctantly, felt he needed.

He crossed his arms, and continued clicking his pen as he spoke. "I don't know. I was conducting some research at home, and I heard a commotion in the kitchen down the hall. Earl Grey had fallen." He stopped there for a moment before remembering where he was. Appearances were something he always kept up, to a certain degree. But here, in the Rocket HQ, he had the liberty of being forthcoming and honest about certain things concerning his other life.

"I have reason to believe I've been targeted by certain... enemies, with vast resources at their fingertips. Do you think they could have cursed my Sinistea from afar? And why has it lingered so persistently?" He didn't think it was beyond belief to imagine such a potent curse could be possible. With enough resources, the right ritual, and enough Ghost-type pokémon to conduct it, it likely was. But how had they done so remotely? It seemed impossible.

What he failed to realize, however, was the potency of herbs, hex-bags, and physical objects linking themselves to his Sinistea with a spiritual bond. One of the three were primarily responsible for Earl Grey's state, though they all had parts to play. "How... is he?" He tentatively asked.

[attr="class","calcifet"]

— I'm thinking there might be some bad tea in the pot. :blurryeyes:

[newclass=.everybody]padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.say]text-align:justify;font:25px arial;margin-top:2px;color:#AEB3B8;letter-spacing:-1px;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.ramiel]font:40px arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#AEB3B8;text-shadow:1px 1px #fff, 2px 2px #AEB3B8;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:-50px;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.calcifet]text-align:justify;margin-top:5px;font:10px arial;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;margin-top:-50px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .say]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .ramiel]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:1;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .calcifet]margin-top:0px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 18:49:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
her mother always told her that a good doctor doesn't scare her patients when only asking questions.

unfortunately for her mother, the talent was put elsewhere, in respect to her father. dealing with people wasn't what she was used to, and being asked to deal with pokemon when usually, it was a nurse's job to attend to them, was something of a rarity for her. still, the poor man seemed slightly shaken by the curse put upon his sinistea. perhaps it was due to how often she hung around ghosts, but she felt her heart break, the tiniest bit, for the little pokemon. it was a shame, really.

and because of that, she wanted to do what she could for it.

he answers her questions, diligently, as he should. he describes the events that led up to the incident, all while she continues to jot down notes on her clipboard. the pokemon had fallen, which is odd for a ghost pokemon. usually even if they fell, they could have gone intangible to avoid impact. wendy takes a quick glance back into the room, with her sylveon continuing to try and soothe the cup of ghost.

now what piques her interest is the patient's assumption.

wendy wasn't one to jump to conclusions, especially considering the odd nature of ghost pokemon (it was too bad that this logic didn't apply to anything else). she brings the pen to gently press against her chin, just beneath her lower lip. "u-uhm.." she tries to speak up, hopefully to offer her input. "i.. personally don't think it's a curse.." her voice gradually weakens, but the support from her clefable helps her gather her nerves. she knew what she was talking about when it came to ghosts. it would be okay for her to be confident about it for once, right?

"despite popular belief, there aren't a lot of ghost pokemon that can actually put a curse on.. anything." asides from a mismagius, she knows, but if he could hear the sound of a teacup fallen to the ground, then he would most definitely hear the accursed chanting from a mismagius. "in addition to that.." she trails off, now raising her clipboard over the lower half of her face. another glance to the suffering cup of tea, and back to the trainer.

she has to try and reassure him, somehow.

"... he'll be alright. he's a bit discomforted, but.. my sylveon's helping to ease him." she attempts to raise her gaze, to give the man some semblance of eye contact. anything, to instill some kind of confidence? even if she ultimately fails.

"i think i have an idea of what could have caused this.."

ohoho i see i see :blurryeyes:

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 9:36:49 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

Remiel tilts his head slightly at the doctor's suggestion. He was sure there were at least a handful of different causes for Earl Grey's terrible affliction. But, with the information currently on hand, a curse was likely the most probable... right? A rare sense of desperation began to bloom inside of him. Her voice is too muted. She's wrapped up in thought for too long. He needs to know why she thinks so, and his patience is thinning. Click, click, click, click. He stops when he finally realizes how frantically he's been clicking his pen. There's a small, circular bruise on his thumb now.[break][break]

The doctor finally speaks up again, however, and he promptly shifts his attention away from his thumb to listen. His emotional state is... worrisome. It lingers in the back of his mind during the rest of their interaction, but he does not allow it to impede it in any way. The sooner he and Earl Grey emerge from this situation in good condition, the sooner he can get to reflecting on it all afterwards. For now his thoughts dwell on his enemies— on Obscura— and whether the enemy faction has the means to summon a curse as powerful enough to land Earl Grey in the ER.[break][break]

Suddenly, he's back to being distracted again, wrapped up in hypothetical scenarios and outlandish courses of action he could take. That is, until his blue-grey eyes gaze down to meet with her own. The black-haired royal is certain they're both conscious of what she is trying to do. But that certainly does not belittle the sincerity. "... I appreciate your efforts, Doctor Olson." He responds with a thankful nod. "I would like to apologize if I seem... high strung." [break][break]

Such a foreign word. Such a foreign feeling.[break][break]

"Please, tell me what you believe it is. Tell me if there's any way I can assist you."[break][break]

note — she's so sweet wtf ;u;[break][break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

tags

[attr=class,punkiangercredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger .accentbg"]background: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .accentborder"]border-color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a, .punkianger .bulk b, .punkianger .bulk i, .punkiangercredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #f0f0f0; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #fff; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiangercredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiangercredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 3:46:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
as long as the pokemon were okay, it would be fine. there were no signs of any blood, there were no signs of serious illness that was caused by a curse. however at the same time, there was no sign of any sort of fever when she gave a glance. otherwise, it would be acting differently. certainly, there was something wrong with it. she just doesn't think that a curse, of all things, was to blame.

"a-actually.." the petite woman starts, slowly trying to raise her voice loud enough for the young man to hear. hopefully, she coudl convey her thoughts effectively. hopefully, there would be no unnecessary rambling on her end (the world knows that if it didn't happen in the depths of her mind, then it will happen when her lips run their course). "pokemon like sinistea are.. a bit more susceptible to their environments. moreso than other ghosts." which made sense, considering that one would easily get dizzy from simply swirling the tea inside their cup.

she gives another quick glance to the sinistea, who was, thankfully, being soothed with the assistance of her sylveon. unfortunately, it wasn't soothed enough to be put to rest. "i-if you'd like--" she starts, voice raised only to squeak and crack when she notices the volume. her cheeks flush pink, all while she hides her face once again. "i-i can.. let you in to be by your pokemon while i work with them. it won't take too long.."

as she turns back to the room, she pulls out a third pokemon - this time, coming out revealed a gengar whose grin and gaze could easily send shivers up spines. "you said that they were in the kitchen, right..?" she tries to confirm while walking back through the doors.

"it's possible that something foreign was mixed into the tea, which can cause an--.. a-an adverse reaction.."

i should be saying that about oslo wendy's heart is BREAKING for the teacup ;u;

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 6:16:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,punkianger]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

[break][break]

"Poisoned, then..."[break][break]

Remiel mutters, his normally stony expression faltering slightly under the circumstances. If this was any sort of mundane component, it likely would have passed on through his Sinistea's system by now. Doctor Olson had made no assumption that Earl Grey had been poisoned, of course, but Remiel saw no other explanation. What ever adverse reaction his Sinistea was having right now, it had persisted. And he certainly could not fathom a scenario where it was self-induced, accidentally or otherwise.[break][break]

Finally regaining some of the composure he'd lost, the blue-grey eyed royal looks up to acknowledge the Gengar standing nearby. Its wide grin slightly unsettles him. But he pays it no further mind as he returns his attention to the blushing doctor. "I have a Blissey with Natural Cure. Will that help? Or is this something that requires a direct hand?" He asks, running a single hand through his hair.[break][break]

Aside from worrying about Earl Grey's recovery, the thought of the perpetrators behind this poisoning still running amok disturbs him. "I'd like to come see, but... I also need to find whoever did this. Perhaps there are clues yet to be found in my kitchen..." He suggests, looking behind Doctor Olson and through the door window to see her Sylveon tending to his faithful partner. "What kind of ingredient can do this to a pokémon?"

note — i love her ahhhhh ♥ i'm also thinking we maybe turn this into a whoddunit? segue to remy's place to investigate the kitchen, find clues, etc. tell me what ya think![break][break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a, .punkianger .bulk b, .punkianger .bulk i, .punkiangercredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #f0f0f0; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #fff; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiangercredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 7:17:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
poisoned was one way to put it.

it.. maybe wasn't the most accurate, but, it was some way to put it. she doesn't say much, because it isn't like a status ailment that could be cured through a simple refresh and have the day be called. the doctor quietly hums, mulling their options over. rather than the effect that the object would have, it was the object itself that should have been removed from the tea entirely. unfortunately, she wasn't all too knowledgeable in that.

"w-well.. it's less of an ailment. think of it as.. erm.. a stomach flu..?" like how humans put it, right? but for pokemon. something that would pass after a certain amount of time. but, nevertheless, it would never hurt to do some searching to see what could have caused it. it would also help to shed some light on the situation, so that it would lessen the chances of this happening again.

"a-a very bad stomach flu..!" she didn't want to brush off the trainer's concern, and have them think it was nothing (she's met many people like that, and it's never ended well). she tents her fingers, anxiously, against the clipboard resting against her chest and belly. "i--.. erm.. i have some" a lump is caught in her throat. she's nervous. "m-medicine..! medicine that y-your pokemon can take to ease the symptoms, and h-hopefully restore its tea. y-you just need to let a tablet dissolve into it each night." even though it might not like it, like a child taking its vitamins.

now, to answer his question, she takes a deep breath to try and properly articulate what she wants to say.

"usually, sinistea are sensitive as is with their.. tea. b-but they usually recover on their own after an hour at most. i-if it's this bad, even now, then it could b-be.. something of a very strong h-herb or.. other chemical." she hides the lower half of her face into the clipboard more. was she successful?

"i-i'm sorry, i might not be much help.."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 3:29:03 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,punkianger]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
Remiel draws upon a great deal of his patience as he hears the young, nervous doctor explain. A stomach flu? It was rather hard for him to wrap his mind around a stomach flu sending his Sinistea to the emergency room like this. Especially considering it was a ghost. Naturally, it was unbound by most, if not all, illnesses in the real world. In fact, Remiel couldn't recall a single day Earl Grey had been sick. But he supposed she was the professional here.[break][break]

Despite his doubts, the young prince was rather glad to hear that she had medicine she could prescribe to the problem. That did nothing, however, to soothe his curiosity about the specific poison that was used or whether anyone had, in fact, poisoned his Sinistea to begin with. Whatever had been introduced to the Ghost-type's system, it seemed far too persistent and strong to take lightly. He wasn't even sure they could count on the doctor's medicine to ease the problem successfully... perhaps, he thought, because she seemed so uncertain about herself.[break][break]

He began to wonder what kind of traces such a mysterious herb or chemical could leave behind. But, before the silence between them could linger any further, she spoke once more. "That's incorrect," He replied rather curtly. "You've prescribed a medicine to ease Earl Grey's symptoms, and you've diagnosed the nature of its source. Both will buy us invaluable time." He added, offering her a short bow. "Thank you."[break][break]

When he was finished, Remiel rose from his bow and looked back into her eyes with his nonchalant hues of blue-grey. "There is still, however, the matter of discovering the exact ingredient that was used to put Earl in such state... and how it managed to enter his being to begin with. For that, I would like you to come along with me to investigate, doctor." He plainly stated. Throwing his weight around as admin wasn't something he normally did, of course. There was typically no need for it. And, to be fair, he was hardly insinuating it here. But this affliction that Earl Grey was suffering through simply hit too close to home...[break][break]

tl;dr — remiel thanks her for her efforts; requests she come along with him to investigate.[break][break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 8:15:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she's grateful.

grateful that she could, at least, offer some sort of insight on what was happening. she knows that her nervous disposition wasn't the most reassuring, especially with how it could be taken as her being completely unsure of what she was saying. she knows that it's easy to doubt her words, especially when she didn't know how to properly formulate them. especially when she's not good at comforting people. but she's trying and she likes to think that she's starting to do a bit better.

... maybe a little bit.

hearing that she was of some help, the woman smiles a bit more and nods her head. "th-that's right.." she doesn't think that it's something small or subtle; if that were the case, his pokemon wouldn't have responded so violently to it. but at the same time, something falling into the tea of a sinistea is the same as if someone were to throw salt directly onto an open wound. but of course, she didn't want to say that.

with that said, she pulls herself away from the table the sinistea was laying on in favour of walking to the hallway. "erm.. i'll be back in a bit. i need to get the medicine." and swings over next door, with her office thankfully not being too far from drugs and such. she returns in no time, with a small bottle of pills in hand to hand to the trainer, along with a sticker detailing the prescription. at least she worked quickly.

though she keeps one pill in hand, with the intention to gently slip it into the tea and have it easily dissolve. after a few moments, the pokemon would have felt the soothing effects, and didn't require the sylveon to properly sit up and come to. "w-we should get going. i-i'm sorry for the wait.."

we can wrap up the thread here and move onto the next C:

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 2:13:22 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,punkianger]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
He watches as she leaves to prepare the prescription and bring it back to hand it to him. Peering past the window, he can see Earl Grey slowly begin to stir again. But he isn't prepared to take him out of this infirmary just yet, and shakes his head. "Thank you, but I'll be keeping him here for the time being. Simply to ensure nothing goes wrong— or that he's in good hands when it does. I trust your nurses will take good care of Earl Grey while we venture out to discover the cause of his malady."[break][break]

Remiel didn't care to bring a sick pokémon (particularly, one of his closest) into what could potentially be a trap and a fight for their lives, anyway. There was no mention of this to Doctor Olson, however. Simply because she didn't seem to agree that it was a poisoning at all. But, while there was hardly any medical experience to speak of from his end, the black-haired royal knew to trust his gut feeling.[break][break]

Wendy Olson, after all, hadn't been embroiled in this power struggle for as long as he had.[break][break]

He nods when she motions for them to leave. "Right. Let's go."[break][break]

F I N
[break][break]

tl;dr — thanks again! you're a splendid RP'er <3 I can start the next thread soon![break][break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pray the hex away [s]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 20:28:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: