awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
domination
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2019 6:31:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"if they couldn't find evidence then they didn't look hard enough. i never hid and they never searched." there's no remorse in those words. in some sense, they're true. the push to journey abroad, being stripped of everything but his wits and will, being left for dead in the wilderness, it all plays a part in the catalyst that makes him the jaded man he is today. it's the crux of their downfall and the very foundation of the resentment that makes eliminating them painless.

"what the silph family needed? silph needs someone capable, someone to lead the legacy back into greatness. the family? it needed someone to save them. looks like you didn't work hard enough, bronwen. if all of you couldn't handle it without me then are you truly a silph?"

he pauses. her point toward devon makes him laugh. cackle even.

"devon? @devon ? there's no we, bronwen. lest you forget, i am both silph and councilmen. if you think silph doesn't have a foothold in hoenn, a foothold in it's institution then you're as bad at business as you are at protecting yourself."

"you put a lot of assumption into a matter you know little about. if you didn't know about team rocket what makes you think i did? and, if i did, how would my parents not?" he raises his hand and the garchomp prostates itself, gestured to allow him to board it - his own personal jet. "i am not proud of silph co. i merely hold its mantle and the facts of its situation. cry as you might, silph co. is alive and well, no thanks to you, or any of the poser that pretend to bear my name."

rather than board the pokemon, he pets it, unflinching as his skin grinds against the pokemon rough, razor like scales.

"do me one favor though. next time you get cornered, captured even - because you made some dumb decision well past your means - don't pretend to prance around with the name silph. they'll expect to be able to get some sort of ransom or leverage through you. llewelyn its you much better then silph. no one knows llewelyn."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
domination
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2019 17:50:30 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

It never occurred to her that his family hadn't looked for him. She had always assumed that he had just run away from home, too scared and too weak to uphold the customs he was expected to fall into.

When he says those words, says that they never searched, that he never hid.. it stops Stormy in her tracks. It makes her shut up immediately, her mind racing as she considers this. He could be lying, after all, but why would he? Who would willingly lie about their parents not caring enough about them to go to all lengths to find them?

The next thing he says leaves her without words. She's starting to see the truth of it all, hearing the honesty spilling from his words. There's still distrust in her, an unwillingness to admit that he could be right, that she had no fucking idea what she's talking about. But now, suddenly, she's starting to see reason.

"It hasn't been easy for me, Fernando. Do you think I liked being picked up after my mother abandoned me, to be taken into a family like the Silph's and groomed to be everything that I wasn't born for? I know that I'm a nobody, Fernando. I hoped to find my family with you, with our siblings. I didn't, because... " she trails off suddenly, unsure how to finish that thought.

Why hadn't she fit in? If she was being honest with herself, it's because she wasn't sure she'd wanted to. Being forced to fill in the shoes of a missing Fernando, expected to pose as a Silph, to meet their standards of perfection, it was exhausting.

It's occurred to her now, though, that perhaps Fernando hadn't wanted any of this either.

She brings the conversation back around to what he said earlier, disbelief colouring the emotion in her voice.

"Did they not look for you? They just.. gave up the minute they got tired of looking? That's.."

Fernando's reference to her birth name is like a slap in the face. There's unease in her heart, there's confusion. It's almost as if it's final, as if Fernando has truly made it clear and cut that Stormy is no longer welcome in the Silph family.

She hasn't even whispered her mothers name in years, the sound of it making her blood boil and her stomach clench.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
domination
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 2:08:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
when stormy confesses her feelings, exposing herself to allow him him to gander into the window of her character, a single thought crosses his mind. i don't care. it takes every fiber of his body to refrain from expressing the opinion vocally but he finds the power to steel himself. honestly, it's none of his concern and he barely keeps up after the first part.

when she refers to him by name, his attention is pulled back. just in time to hear her prattle on about family, about the others. how tacky.

"i don't know and frankly i don't care. i never hid. if they couldn't track down one measly kid then they're the ones at fault. the silph name is meant for the accomplished, for those that can succeed."

he pauses.

"i am the last silph and i am the only silph, bronwen. not because of blood or because someone told me i am. i am silph because i accomplish what i set out to do. i make results and therefore i am."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
domination
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 2:24:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

A small part of her can see Fernando in a new light. He's just as broken and damaged as she is, and he seems content with shutting people out.

She can't help but find some sort of agreement in that, some sort of common ground. She knows what that's like, and to some extent, she can understand. Fernando only had himself to take care of him, no one else stepped up. Apparently, no one put in much effort to find him, simply left him out in the wilderness to die.

They probably didn't even care after some time, just accepted that he was lost and never coming home. They moved on quickly, grooming several children to be the next heir.

In a way, that was super fucked up. They had no attachments to their children, no interest at all in maintaining relationships.

Stormy is at a loss for words even despite Fernando trying to talk to her. It's like a light has been turned on and she suddenly sees a little bit more than what she had before. Perhaps her attachment to her 'parents' was pathetic, and Fernando had a point.

"I don't want to keep fighting you, brother. But I also don't plan on letting you decide who I am. I am Stormy Silph, not Bronwen, not Llewelyn. I plan on accomplishing what I set out to do as well, with or without your support. I'm here for the long haul, brother."
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
domination
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 3:05:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"tch."

he's had enough. fernando finally mounts the garchomp and gives it the clear to take off.

"your stubborness is matched only by your incompetence."

a firm push off the ground is enough to grant the pokemon lift off.

"stay out of my way, bronwen."

and with that, he's off.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
domination
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 5:03:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]
fernando and stormy receive the following: 15 poke, 2 infamy.[break]
dominic and johnny receive the following: 10 poke, 1 infamy.