1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 4:17:09 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Well now, that got quite a lot more of a reaction than expected. "Relax." she commented, reaching for one of his hands and placing the drink he hadn't yet touched in it. The gesture would be her only acknowledgment of the obvious shift in his posture. Though she didn't mind getting a rise out of him it was too early in the night for him to be responding that way.

"I would choose neither because I do not seek to be tied down that way." it was true enough, Isra had no intentions of being left in charge of anything but herself. She had spent too long locked up in a house with little to do but mull over her own want for freedom.

She turned a little in her seat to face him better, waiting or him to answer her question properly. In the mean time she placed an elbow on the table top and her cheek in her hand. She'd already given him the stipulations of their questions, she hoped he'd play along.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 4:57:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he holds onto the drink but never uses it. instead, it sits there as a placeholder. he's adamant about his limit even if he doesn't outwardly express it. the flush is tiptoeing too much already. any further may prove a lead up to something he'd come to regret. like isra, fernando knows its too early in the night for that.

"i agree. i choose neither. i've put in too much to let them collide, to conflict."

his back shifts again as his muscles start to relax. he feels himself sink against the back of the booth as he allows himself to relax. only his eyes remain sharp, narrowing as he tries to decipher her intentions behind her visage. "there's no point in asking what'll never happen."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 5:07:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I disagree." She watches him relax, even if just a little. She wonders for a moment if he actually knows the word because the part that matters doesn't relax- his eyes. She never looks at the in particular but notes them none the less. She's learned to read people well enough, the eyes are always telling.

"You can be more adventurous with what will never come because you think it never will. It tells you a persons options as they see them. I now know you see both and nothing as an option, we could keep on the subject and see what else you see but I think it's been enough serious talk for the moment. We've only just met after all." Her smile is surprisingly gentle, likely because she has gotten a taste of what she wanted. Curiosity exists now and he will be hard pressed to be rid of her.

"So what's your favorite color?" if it does not lull him into relaxing because the talk is not as deep then it will hopefully catch him off guard, either way she looks forward to seeing how she gets to him tonight. She reaches with her free hand for the other drink, sipping at it slowly, this time she enjoys the burn. She hasn't had enough to feel it yet but she will.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 6:22:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"uh huh." fernando wastes no time with debate. he heavily disagrees with her but pressing forward is a moot point. he's not here to barter or to exchange ideologies. he's here to do business - which was what again? the reaffirmation that they're off topic brings a bitter realization to him. the liquors done its work. it's her turn now.

he stares her down, to the very pit of her eyes, answering with a firm, "yellow." watching her gaze, matching it, allows him to become more descriptive. "a honey gold, actually." the reflection of her does not shy away from the dim sheen of the lounge light's against his pupils.

she indulges while he remains celibate. soon, the tides will turn. with alcohol, it's only a matter of time.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 6:34:13 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

What starts as a small chuckle quickly becomes a full on giggle. She sees what he did there, playing at the color of her eyes. She's already a giggler, the alcohol makes it worse. She reigns herself in before it can get too bad. It really shouldn't be so funny but he isn't the first to respond that way. Was he trying to be flirty now? She offends him- or at least finds a subject he does not like and that's the tide he turns to?

Interesting indeed.

She sips at her drink. "Your turn now." She doesn't look away, sipping again. The amusement shows in her eyes, her smile pulling at the corners. It's simply such a ridiculous turn from just moments ago. What else did he expect?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 8:24:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"what are you good at? what do you bring to the table?" he's straight to the point. games aside, fernando still has his eyes on the prize. what he needs is capable hands. his schedule is already diluting into a jumbled mess. all her shenanigans mean nothing if he's going to have her transferred out. he doesn't need a pretty face. he needs loyalty or ability. either works.

"for me," he clarifies. this is about him after all.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 2:08:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His question stifles her giggles but not in the manner he was likely to expect. The smile on her face changes tune quickly and she feigns contemplation. Finger tapping lip, thoughtful look in her eyes before she moves up from the table, walking out into the room for just a moment. It is mostly to hide the grin she has thinking of what she could offer- and how much she'll be keeping to herself.

She turns back to where he sits. "You get what you give." how many times had she said that phrase? How many more times would it pass by her lips? She did not know but she knew the words well. You get what you give. She wonders if he's willing to play the game to earn what she has to offer, unlike many she knows her worth and will not undersell herself to him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 2:52:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
it's his turn to tap. his finger beats against the table with a rhythmic drum. her little theatrics are reciprocated with a deadpan expression. his annoyance is bundled only by the slow build up of warmth that keeps him steady. rather than excite him it keeps him mellow - a stark contrast to the norm.

"that's not what you signed up for."

eyes narrow in and fernando leans forward. the glaze behind his eyes threaten something he can never voice. it reeks of retribution.

"that's not what any of you signed up for."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2019 23:34:20 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She chuffs at him. "On the contrary, I didn't sign up I answered a call. I'm here as an assistant and nothing more. Now that may be field work, office work or PR or social circle aid, whatever you need assistance in." she grinned. Even if this was turning into a play of semantics it was still plenty amusing. "At least without you negotiating more out of me- and it will be a negotiation for more than rudimentary, mandatory work Mr. Silph. I don't do anything I'm really good at for nothing."

Perhaps it was time to curb her tongue? Most would but the woman is not like most, she accepts the look in his gaze and sees a challenger rather than a threat. It is all a game to her after all, everything is. That's how she was taught and that's how she lives, seeking challenges and victories not half baked success. She wonders though, now that the idea is on the table will he play a game with her or will he chicken out like most all do? She imagines she will know by the end of the night, if not sooner.

The look on her face is blank beyond the bemused smile.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2019 19:11:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"answering the call is signing up," he correctly sharply. his shoulders tense up again and it shows in the creases of his shirt. appointed or not, he still has a say in the matter. isra proves too much a wild card, at least up front. it makes him considering pawning her off on . yet, somehow, he doubts it'll be that easy. tch, another obstacle, not much unlike her zweilous.

"and, presumably, you'll be assisting me. that's why i want to know what you can do. i don't need incompetence, that's what brought us here in the first place."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 1:48:22 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra shrugged. "It would seem we have different definitions for such things. So be it." this was a conversation moments away from a revolving door and while Isra had enough drink in her to be happy and giddy and a pit extra talkative that was about it. She had no interest in the revolving door, not drunk enough to forget the last thing she said yet. Of course she expected he'd have a retort, or maybe not. She'd likely ignore it regardless.

"Now what you're asking for is relative, subjective, contextual at best. Even some of the most idiotic and worst taught individuals in the world have moments and contexts under which they are the most competent person in the room." she paced as she looked for the words for what she wanted to say. She knew them certainly but to have them in the right order was sometimes a different story and besides, it offered a great distraction from the hand that tried to reach for her outer thigh to rub it. A thinking habit she kept the rest of the world from knowing, redirecting her gesture to look like she was adjusting a part of her dress before she could do it and clasping her hands in front of her. Let the pacing speaking to her thinking and not her hands. "I suppose I stand by what I said. You get what you give. Be a competent leader and you'll have a competent assistant. I'm not your mother, I'm not hear to wipe your ass just because the word ass is in my job title."

She silently scolded herself for being so blunt so soon. Normally she held off awhile before letting people deal with that part of herself. It was probably that touch of drink still in her veins, keeping her from picking and choosing her words so perfectly. That or she'd simply decided to throw pleasantries to the wayside by now. Either or.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 4:16:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"hardly. i've seen bad." he pauses. the memory sickens him. more then the booze, more then the thought of spewing out everything he had digested. "i've seen worse. never have i ever allowed my standards to dip to the point where terrible is acceptable." schematics mean little to a man who takes things too literal. results are wedged not on a thin line but the decisive standard that comes from negotiation. outside of work, fernando takes little effort in bickering between drinks yet something about her spurs him on. naturally, he blames the league.

"you won't have to worry about me. just be careful not to buckle under the work load. if you won't give me a specialization then i'll just have to fit you wherever there are holes."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 6:34:32 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I never said it was acceptable. Useful though? It can always have its uses." as bait. decoys. distractions. scapegoats. if nothing else of course, she wouldn't say it out loud though. Most of the world would not agree with her but that was fine. She was a firm believer that if you were not useful the right way you were weak and would have to be useful in others. Perhaps it was the small part where she took after her father. He'd always been a ruthless man.

She stopped mid step to look at him with amusement in her eyes again. "I won't." she wasn't just confident as she went back to pacing, she was certain. She accepted challenges with stride and had no qualms with doing what she must. He'd learn that with time. Even if she had little in her repertiore to work with she'd take what she had an make impossible possible. So she believed. But believing was half the battle, or so people say. "What sort of specialization does one need out of an assistant anyway?" it was partly to him and partly to herself. She didn't really care either way. He had no hopes of breaking her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 7:35:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
they agree on one thing but neither is willing to admit it. not openly. instead, fernando plays the one game he's good at and prods at her heartlessness with a knowing glance that dares her to elaborate. as the top brass, the representative of the people, he can never voice how the lower peons are nothing but pawns. but for someone else to state it. that twists the whole proposition entirely.

"what are you implying?"

he leaves it for her to interpret, setting the trap. he's waiting for an answer and the one he needs is the wrong one.

"none, to be bluntly, but what you're best at can help reassign you. you won't be the only one. organization, scheduling, handling others, battle prowess, researching, the list goes on and on. i just need to fit the piece into the puzzle - one you're making harder then it needs to be."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 8:19:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She catches the look in his eye and for a moment her eyes narrow in turn, choosing to pass on the answer for a moment. She slows her pace, back facing him as she decides what she is willing to say next. "When I was a kid my father did not bother with 10 piece puzzles, he gave me a thousand thinking it might entertain me awhile. He forgot that when you have nothing better to do it does nothing but make you exceptionally good at puzzles." an elaborate explanation for what she means. "So what would you say if I told you it does not matter where you put me?" he should understand well enough that it does not matter because if it is not a specialty yet by the time the day is over she will make it one. after all, half of why she is there is for the experience, to say she had done such things and nothing more. That is the difference between her and most of the cadets he will see in his time. They are eager to prove themselves, Isra is eager to challenge herself and experience that which she has yet to.

She turns on her heel and returns to the table though she does not sit down, looking down at the man she has been talking to. "As I told you earlier, context matters, situations matter." the grin was subtle as she continued. "And didn't I tell you I expect a competent leader out of you? You should be able to figure it out when the time comes."