awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 4:23:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
they come in droves. fernando's accustomed to handling people but the amount of resources the league is throwing at him exceeds his wildest expectations. assistants, secretaries, protection, dozens of people are assigned under him and he can't help but believe that and are behind it. maybe they still doubt him, or perhaps it's another faction within the organization, but placing all these people under him allows them to be accountable for his actions. fernando assumes the worst and these extra sets of eyes put a damper on his agendas. they still don't trust him and they're right not to. if only had the authority to filter them out. unfortunately, this isn't silph co.

isra's request for a meeting had been ignored during business hours. fernando's much too busy to adjust his schedule for just one person. isra nightingale. the name sounds familiar but he doesn't recognize it outright. a quick google search provides him everything he needs. the file he requests from @perry is just an additional cherry on top. it's a quick read and one he finishes on the way to his lounge. the same lounge that he had invited her over to discuss their new relationship.

the inside of lilycove's 'the moon under water' is a lavish dim lounge that boasts chic interior furnished with a modern vibe. candles and low lights are the only thing the illuminate the black painted establishment. colored led lights line the underside of the bar and tables. it keeps things sultry, the perfect setting to let loose while maintaining the class look that its patrons enjoy. tonight, the bar is empty, as per usual on a wednesday night. fernando has his seat near the back, in a private booth where he expects his guest.

a soft jazz lulls him into a sense of relaxation. a half downed cocktail lays in front of him, along with several empty glasses. he's preoccupied with his phone, running his finger down the screen as he scrolls through his various readings. aside from the bouncer up front, there's little visible security - just the way he likes it. being flanked by every side is suffocating and provides little reassurance. it's his own security details, out of sight and invisible to the naked eye, that bring him a sense of comfort.

the hardships of the day take the form in his disheveled look. his tie is undone, hanging around his neck, freed with the several buttons that line his collar. if anything, it's a normal look for any other young professional strung along the trials of the typical nine to five.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 4:49:04 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra is well aware she could have been earlier than she was but even now she was like a child, being enthralled by everything, curious of every movement. She has no understanding of just how important a person she's about to visit and what it means to have gotten such a meeting with them. As far as she was concerned he was just another man she was being forced to deal with. All she could hope for was that it would at least be fun.

She finally makes it inside after sorting things out with the man at the door, it seems unnecessary but she takes it with grace and thanks him for his patience with her. It does not take her long to find herself distracted, taking in the ambiance of the place. It feels comfortable, almost like a night at home with a glass of wine and a book. It makes her smile as seeks out the man she is meeting. She only finds one and takes her chances that it is him.

"Looks like it's been a long day, I do apologize if I'm keeping you up. My circumstances require an unusual schedule." Her tone is graceful and professional, just as she'd been taught but the smile on her face is just a little too devious. It matches well with her decision to slip into the seat next to him rather than across and pick up his half finished glass, spinning it in her hands for a moment. "Mister I presume?"

She takes a sip of the cocktail, curiosity winning her over. As always the woman is oblivious to the fact she is acting with a familiarity usually reserved for old friends or certain types of acquaintances. To her it's simple, if they're going to be working together then they might as well get used to each other now. She places the glass back on the table in front of him and waits for his answer.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 5:09:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her voice is what pulls his attention away from his phone. it's not enough to get him to set it down though. it vibrates again and he ignores it as it shudders in his hand. "it's quite alright. doesn't change what i was doing tonight anyway." his tone is polite but lacks the cheeriness that should comes from co-workers. he sounds tired and apathetic. now that she'll work under him, fernando has no reason to keep his image pristine. she's bound to see the many sides of him. the only thing he needs to keep hidden is the parts of him he hides even from . there's only one person he trusts with who he really is and she too is swamped in the same work he's due for.

her closeness and casualness is surprising and throws him off. he eyes her curiously, narrowing in as she drinks from his glass. "isra nightingale," he confirms with a nonchalant tone. "don't suppose you fancy yourself a drink?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 5:23:03 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She is unsurprised by the tiredness in his voice, he looks the part at least. She herself takes on a tone to match all too often, especially if she grows too bored. It only worries her that it won't be as entertaining a night as it ought to be. You don't get to know a person in passing formalities, you get to know them when they make the comments they don't expect to make.

"Haven't decided yet." she grins "Your's is pretty good." at least that seems to get a response, even a small one. She welcomes it though and it only encourages her to take the drink back for another sip. "Perhaps you should order a couple more of those, especially since it seems you got started without me." she rose a brow as she eyed the table and its empty glasses. She certainly had some catching up to do didn't she?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 5:34:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i see," fernando still has yet to laid judgement on her. as far as first impressions go, she's worlds apart from what he expected. it makes him nervous. the last thing he needs is another loose cannon. "whisky sour and old fashion sound alright?" a wave of his hand is enough to garner a response. one of the servers come over and fernando orders the same ones he listed. he's no connoisseur and sticks to the famous. they're brand names for a reason, he guesses, not all too concerned with the delicacies of liquor. they all go down, they all burn, and they all make a night a little less of a drag.

"so how did someone like you end up serving such a position in the league. looks like you could've been just fine keeping out."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 5:47:13 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Whatever you'll drink, might as well keep sharing. Unless it bothers you of course." There might have been a hint of challenge in her voice if one chose to take it that way. She had a way of unnerving people and she liked to use it rather than not. She would retreat a little if he wished of course, she wanted to see him comfortable first. To unnerve him too much would create a rocky start to what was likely to be a long relationship.

A finger tapped the glass and her eyes strayed to the table while she contemplated how to answer his question, nothing about her was so straightforward. She could lie, she could spin a simple tale, something that would be realistic and well received more than not. She chose not to. "For fun."

Her eyes snapped back up to his face, she knew it wasn't the answer he would be expecting. "And not the way you'll feel compelled to take that. I was offered the assignment due to a recent engagement and with nothing better to do with my time currently, I accepted it." it was the truth. She could have rejected or asked to be reassigned, her current relations would have probably gotten such a request accepted. "Currently my fiance is as boring and bland as a Magikarp and I can only stare at a wall and drink s much wine before I need something to do with myself."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 10:56:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"no, no." fernando not one to let something so minor be a piss point. it does however cause his eyes to narrow. scrutinizing eyes analyze her again, taking a read of her expression, of her movements, before judging her overall appearance. at least she's presentable.

"oh, you're engaged." that's something new and a situation he's rarely encountered. very few of his acquaintances are married, at least those in his age range. coupled with the recent conflicts, marriage is the last thing on his mind. the fact that it's her reason makes it even odder. "how interesting. why marry him if his boredom is enough to drive you to me?"

the server arrives soon after, drinks in tow. fernando makes no movement toward them, predicting that his new company will be more than comfortable helping herself. the warmth of his previous drinks are starting to kick in. he can feel his skin prick and color starts to fill in on his otherwise pale, porcelain hands. hopefully, the liquid courage will be enough to help loosen her lips. so long as fernando can keep his wits about him, getting others to spill their secrets after a bit of alcohol had never been a problem.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 11:19:48 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra offered him what was left of the drink she had not yet finished, seeing as he didnt mind sharing. Not to mention she found the look on his face quite amusing, she didnt miss that narrowing of his eyes but chose not to achknowledge it. He was doing well for himself though, better than most did.

"That's unfair Mister Silph, I don't play that game." she shook her head at him as he tried to ask her yet another question. How rude of him to think he got to have all the fun here! "Especiially when it was I that requested this meeting. Not you. For every question you ask I get to ask one as well. And if I feel your holding back at all then so shall I. So step wisely Mister Silph."

Isra was not afraid to assert herself amongst the big dogs at play, they oftem thought themselves in charge and she took pleasure in proving they were not. The alcohol would soon prove to only bolden her behaviors, she was a rather outgoing drunk.

"So, Mister, why bother being a councilmen? Especially with the turmoil it's bound to bring." superficial questions, she would not linger on them long. She'd dig as soon as she found something to split apart and make a hole with.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 12:27:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
reluctantly, fernando accepts the drink, merely holding it for now. little does he know how much he'll need it soon enough. her prompting at a question plays against his intentions but he'll entertain her for now. he hadn't thought of reciprocating but he's in too tight a spot to outright refuse. not without stepping on some tows.

"why?"

fernando pauses, thinking.

"because i have to--" the phrase reminds him of his conversation with . things have changed but his answer doesn't. he wonders about the soldier and everyone else that's lost contact since slateport. it help reaffirms his answer. "i saw first hand where the league failed and the events of slateport only served as proof. we do not have the resources nor the leadership to prevent that from happening again. that's why i took over. the previous council had been lacking, if that."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 21:11:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His response prompts a curious tilting of her head as she watches him. Judging his answer and whether or not she would accept it as up to par. She let's there be a moment of quiet between them afterward, pausing for a moment too long. She wants to make it seem like she might not be satisfied with that answer even though she has decided to accept it. Set the bar high, they'll either reach up to meet it or give up and make way for those that will.

She lets the moment feel long before giving her acceptance by getting a bit more comfortable. Shrugging out of the large shawl that adorned her shoulders regardless of the weather and setting it on the table. It is now more obvious than before that she has gone for a simple elegance, sophisticated has always been more her appeal than not. A black dress with matching lace overlay reaches up to her neck, sleeveless, only a single gold necklace in sight and no other glamor, it was even long enough to hide just how high her heels were. It is deliberate as is much about her, one can easily cull a man's ego by making it apparent to him you do not see him worthy of you dolling yourself up. Even her hair is down instead of in the high ponytail she would have normally worn with this dress. Something he might see of her at a later date.

Fro now she simply grabs one of the drinks without looking and places it in front of her.

"And what do you plan to do to change that?" she wasn't looking for anything in particular. The fact he saw and accepted that fact was appealing enough to her. It was easy to stick one's head under a pillow and ignore the world, especially the unpleasant truths. She could appreciate when someone accepts that their side was the one at fault, regardless of how.

She sipped her drink, it didn't really matter if it was good so long as it went down.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 21:13:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her pause doesn't bother him. in his eyes, she's beneath him, a servant, his assistant. the opinions of another means little to a king, so long as his will is carried out. that's why he allows her ploy to take place. his patience is tested only by the flow of alcohol toward his digestive system. slowly, it works as a toxins. it impairs his judgement to the point he partakes in her drink, taking a steady gulp as the burn erodes into a cold wetness that keeps his throat from being parched.

"what happened to one question at a time," he muses, half teasing, half uncaring. he answers her anyway. "everything i can. structure, logistics, ideology. from the top down i'm going to revamp my portion of the league to something that's worth fighting for." with a sigh, he takes another drink, placing the now empty glass back on the table.

"so back to my earlier question - why marry him?"

the emphasis of the last word shows a subtle understanding of why she got married. it's not hard to piece together considering her history and what he has on her. but that doesn't necessarily change the fact that she went with that individual. pearls are rare but by no means impossible, so long as you know which clamperl to hunt.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 9:32:21 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra will continue her game regardless of its effects, it's not one for a short drive. Rather she likes to think herself as having better mental endurance than most she faces. In many cases this has proven to be true if for no other reason than something the woman has a special knack for- not giving a shit.

"I said for every question you ask I get to ask one, I never said anything about it going both ways." a flash of a devious grin, she knows she's not wrong but she also knows that's a game of splitting hairs. It's her being a smart ass when perhaps she shouldn't be, but the woman can't help herself. Not in the slightest. The fact that he answers her however is enough to garner a drop more of interest and with it another answer, but not before addressing her drink while he speaks.

There is mild contemplation, she could simply sip here and there, keep up those lady like appearances. Be coy and playful, make a game of sharing drinks, or she could just the straight forward path she does pick. He's busy speaking while she's busy tipping her head back, glass following suite and down goes nearly the drink. She in not lacking in courteousness and by the time he has finished asking his question she has placed what is left of the drink in front of, his portion to share.

It takes her a moment to let the burn of the alcohol settle before she answers him. "Family tradition, politics, money, all of the above? It wasn't entirely my choice it was much to do with my father and I suspect my mother's side of the family." She shrugs, the movement is a little too much on a woman who seems like she should be coming off as delicate, but Isra prefers not to be seen as fragile anyway. "As for the gentleman I chose? He checked all the boxes on their side and enough of the ones on mine to let it slide. I would rather have someone more fun but he will do. Besides, at this point in the game I suspect he is holding out on the weddings to get something out of my family and that there is very much a chance it will be called off within the year." a frank answer, she sees no reason to hide it. The engagement has been fairly quiet but she is aware she is in the sort of company that would hear about such things on the whispers of others regardless of how hush hush they tried to keep things.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 16:21:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"tch."

fernando frowns at her sleight of hands. what a bother. behind that pretty face is a wily woman who's too used to getting her way. he knows the type, a staple of the affluent, but his tolerance for the stereotype is little to null. prior to his ascension, he would've shut her down immediately. fernando gets what fernando wants, but she's an assignment from the league. that makes them inseparable, at least until he files for her transfer. tch, indeed.

the heated glow that unravels in his cheeks is a telltale sign that his inhibitions are slowly waning. any more and he might start acting upon them. which, in this case, would be disastrous. on that end, fernando restrains himself for indulging any more, satisfied with the comforting feeling that comes with being tipsy.

"so you don't love him?" he doesn't need her to answer. not when he's like this. the snicker that comes forth shows his disdain for their situation. "funny how that works. fortunately, i don't have to face such trials. a privilege of inheritance, i suppose."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 23:37:08 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Don't plan to either." though the rest of his comment reminds Isra that she continues to be out of place amongst the masses. She does not see it as a trial, simply how it is. It's not a problem to her to be in a marriage that i without love and exists for another purpose. Though Isra has wondered for quite some time now if she is capable of love in the manner that so many others see it or if it is beyond her now, one of many things she was not taught as a child and would not be learning now as an adult. Like with many things she should have found it upsetting, but she does not. "It doesn't bother me to be honest. There are worse arrangements that I could be in."

It is not wrong but she tries to avoid dwelling on the matter It is her turn to ask a question now wasn't it? It seemed they were going to follow a different pattern here, 2 and 2 would be fine by her as well though she imagined that would be followed less and less as they went along. "I'm curious, if one got in the way of the other which would you choose? Your position in the league as councilman or the company you share a name with?" she saw no reason to deviate from their current subject, yet. Besides he was proving to be more a talker than she expected. Perhaps it was that color in his cheeks, not that she would comment on it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 2:19:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"ah, true." fernando finds himself in agreement only because he knows the situation well. only by circumstance, the fall of silph and the culling of his parents, does he afford the opportunity of freedom. so what if he had been the hands to pull the string of fate? the fact remains - he is free. the only thing that binds him now is the position he carries. maybe that's why she implores further, to dig at his roots. unfortunately, fernando is ingrained in the thought. there will be no pruning. not without a fight.

"depends." fernando shifts upright, alert. its a question many had mentioned in secret but never aloud. "that's too general a question, miss nightingale. which one would you choose?"