awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 9:52:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her actions match his own and that's all the tell he needs. whether he's inferring too much, or off completely, it doesn't matter. fernando thinks what he thinks and is too adamant, too proud of his own self assessment on his ability to read people, to back down from his assumption.

"i'm not your father." a quick cut to the end of her tale. "but i will put you in the thick of it then, as per your request." there's a smirk to those words and it promises something that only fernando knows. the way his jaw hinges, the crook of his smile, it implies something more devious then he lets off but the promise is there. it is an oath sworn on drinks and washed away by the burn of another sip. he can taste it again - a bad sign.

"tch." a click of his tongue registers that it still burns. bitter, acidic. "you'll see then, miss nightingale."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 10:08:01 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"Whatever you say." there was nothing to bother her with, as far as she was concerned she'd been through enough to steel her for what may come. Even with the smile on his face she would not be swayed. After all, if he managed to cross a line with her she would have no hesitation in walking away.

She sat back in the booth though this time across from him, leaning an elbow on the table and her chin her hands. "What do you even do anyway other than speeches?" she may very well sound naive in asking but she lieks to get her answers for such things from the source.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 10:27:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
it is ultimately her question that breaks their little back and forth. it have have been a serious question but fernando can't help but laugh. he's loud, rambunctious, and genuine. the problem is that it's too genuine, to the point that it conveys a mocking sarcasm to the audacity of her question. "that's the only thing i'm good for, speeches."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 10:42:54 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I dunno, maybe! That's why i'm asking!" she quite liked the laughter it got out of him though. It felt like it was the most real thing between them yet. It wasnt a part if the game, unexpected but she wiuld take it none the less.

"Besides, popular speech giver still sounds better than glorified butt buddy" there would be no illusions of grandness frim her about her job.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 11:05:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"how crude." his judgement is laid bare, obvious by the disdain that leaks from his comment. "i am neither popular nor a butt buddy. especially not yours, mind you." neither are particularly true but fernando won't give her that. that's not the picture he wants to paint. his image is peculiar and he tailors it as such, at least until she's involved enough to discern who he is and who he portrays himself as.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 21:37:02 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The look isra gives him reads plainly 'are you dense?' Sensing he had not quite gotten what she meant.

"excuse me, Speech giver." she pointed at him, and then at herself. "ASS-istant. Glorified butt buddy" she made note to totally refer to her title at butt buddy from now on till it drove him mad.

"and if i'm going to be you're ASS-istant that means i'm gonna be your butt buddy whether you like it or not." now she was just being obnoxious.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2019 20:45:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the joke goes over his head. maybe he's too dense, maybe it's the alcohol, or maybe it's his lack of humor. "i have a feeling your fiance wouldn't appreciate such a term." it's not the vulgarity but the crudeness behind it that makes no sense to him. then again, he's not one to entertain the immature. he can be petty but only to a point.

"we'll see. i don't think you know just what that entails yet, miss nightingale."

that's a threshold for the morning, for when she truly starts.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2019 7:22:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"What he's unlikely to know won't hurt him." she's quick to retort, an edge to her voice at the idea that her fiance might have any say over what she chooses to do or say. Isra is not a woman to bow to anyone's command but her own. It is ingrained into her very being to be whatever she pleases to be.

He seems so sure of himself, and she's certain he has no idea what he is dealing with. "And you haven't the foggiest clue what you've gotten your hands on. Good luck Mr. Silph, you'll need it more than me I'm sure."

Also jokes on him if he expects to see her in the morning, her file makes it clear she's a graveyard shifter only. She'll be sleeping like a rock with her phone on silent.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2019 13:57:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
oh, maybe he's hit a sore spot. fernando makes a note of her attitude toward the subject, unsure if its some animosity between them or something else. it's too soon to tell and isra is too foreign. but that'll change with time. in that regard, he can be patient. it's not like he hasn't been already.

"hardly. if you can't handle it then we can have you moved. i'm sure or will appreciate someone of your talents." his comment is genuine in tone but sarcastic in content. "regardless, it was nice meeting you miss nightingale, as eventful as it was."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
UNWIND
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2019 0:34:18 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra laughs at his over confidence. It matches her's which she is well aware of but it always makes things more fun. "Whatever you say Mr. Silph. t o lose me would be your loss only."

She has half a mind to walk away with no politeness but keeps herself form doing so. She makes sure she has her things as she stands, curtsying before she exits. "A pleasure Mr. Silph. and I'm sure it'll be far from our last meeting."

thread end.