198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 2:56:49 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]he was scared.

not because alex necessarily had anything to fear in regards to his family. it was the fact he felt overwhelmed by the notion that this was all happening at this very moment. the idea that leaving everything behind without a single word might've conjured feelings of negativity. the possibility that his siblings might've roused an ill—intended notion rather than one of joy.

he took in a breath. one that dragged painfully through his lungs. alex had been ambling aimlessly outside of a rather well—established beach—house. clearly one that stood out compared to the rest. nothing surprising for the silph family after—all. pale digits lingered over the door—bell on multiple occasions but with each motion — they fell back to his side. eventually alex had made his way to the narrow pathway. settling against the stairs and taking in the radiant sun that blared down upon the city.

despite the lack of discomfort that settled on his features.
the emotions were a torrent of self—doubt.

[googlefont=Source Code Pro:300]
[googlefont=Hind:300,400,500]
[newclass=.alex] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 12.5px; color: #d49736; font-family: 'Hind'; letter-spacing: 0.7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; opacity: .7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;padding:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexparty]float:center; display:block;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 11:19:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"brother!"

there's nothing ill in his greeting. it's friendly, radiant, and surprisingly loving.

"i didn't hear you ring."

because he didn't — matias knows this.

regardless, he approaches with a friendly smile.

"you look great."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 12:23:52 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]his form visibly lurches in startle.

despite the nerves which rattled him — alex faces his brother with a smile.

"matias..." his voice is gentle. the reticent company in their equally quiet surroundings. "y—yeah." alex adds — not sure whether to cast a lie or confess his hesitant desire for this now present reunion. "you too." the slight anxiety drawn onto his features lessens with a more genuine quirk of the lips. "you're taller than the last time i saw you." a harmless jest, his hand makes a gesture to reference the difference.

"i hope i didn't come by at a bad time." concern wavers in the chambers of the mind.

[googlefont=M PLUS Rounded 1c:300,400]
[newclass=.alex] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 12.5px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 12px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 11:26:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"yeah i've definitely grown a little bit."

chuckling, there's little hesitance in the way matias extends his arms out to pull his brother into an embrace. he's not usually a hugger but for family, he'll make an exception.

"not a bad time at all. come, come. what have you been up to?"

the invitation brings them inside matias' beach house. it's big, modern, and it has a surprising amount of personality and life ever since started staying over more often.

"can i get you anything to drink?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 17:41:00 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]the owlish expression goes about unseen in the embrace.

his form is engulfed by the larger mass of his brother. the shroud that practically veils over his own evidence of existence. alex had always been the somewhat smallest of the family — much to his discontent.

eventual laughter trails behind the withdrawal.

"well," he pauses, "a lot to be honest." 

his eyes wander over the house. taking in the odd pieces loitering about. 

"oh. anything is fine." pale digits feel tempted to pick up a particular object but he keeps his hands to himself. there's much to take in but it keeps his mind preoccupied. unlike some of his siblings, they'd lived a majority of their life in houses that wielded no such character. the lacking of persona.

"how have things been?"

[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 12.5px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 12px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 16:38:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]water it is. matias steps into the kitchen, opens the fridge, and pulls out two bottles of water. a chuckle escapes him at the question; he responds, looking over his shoulder at his brother:

"things are better than kanto, that's for sure."

the fridge closes.

"hoenn's been nice to me so far. i like it; think i'll stay for a while."

walking back over, he extends one of the bottles over to alex.

"most of the family's here as well, so."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 0:25:01 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]he wishes he could remember.

because he cannot begin to fathom the impact it took — he remains quiet.

"thanks." he says, taking the bottle.

alex looks up with hopeful eyes.

"i hope you do," he pauses, "i like it when we're all together." even if not all of them wielded a relationship that could've been deemed pleasant.

but... that was just how siblings were — right?

he takes a sip of the water.

"have you seen any of them lately?" the hope dwindled away into the feeling of something else. out of everyone — perhaps just one writhing in disappointment gnawed away at him. it was just as fickle a doubt as the one he'd had moments before.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 11:29:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"yeah, me too."

how long has it been since they've all been together? he can't seem to remember. most likely just before he left home to join the league, which would've been close to eleven years ago.

fuck, that's a long time.

"just stormy and fernie. i hear cece's doing well in sinnoh, though."

he should really pay a visit soon.

"heard you were a gym leader at one point. not going to do that anymore?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:50:46 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]alex is transparent. especially in this moment.

the smile that greets his lips is gentle and warm.
he imagines what it would be like for them to all be together.

— and although the clarity was nonexistent. in this case it was the very fact that family had always been so important.

"well." mention of past dreams lessens this tone.

"to be honest. that was the reason i left." he sighs.

"it was going well for awhile but then the rumours started to hit." the hand lowers, "to be honest — i can handle mean comments but i started to worry about how it would've affected fern and storm." he pauses again, "i don't think i was really cut out for it to begin with." a breathy half—hearted laugh withdraws. "besides i think i wanted to well... prove myself."

the drawn out silence is broken by realization.

"w—what about you? you say hoenn's been nice but i find it hard to believe." it certainly wasn't close to kanto and nowhere near the severity of a rocket force hefty enough to overthrow the region.

no — alex imagined a travesty not caused by human—kind.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 14:27:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"rumors?"

matias almost scoffs, suddenly protective as he shakes his head.

"alex, you're one of the strongest trainers i know. if anyone's fit to be a gym leader, a teacher, it's you."

well, that's at least the alex he remembers; who knows if that same person exists? or if they even existed in the first place.

he shakes the thought away, ignoring the question for now.

"fuck what people think. what is there to prove?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 7:29:02 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]a small laugh retreats.

the brief and gentle hilarity for the remark.

"that means a lot to me. especially coming from you."

alex could recall with certainty that matias was the strongest trainer he'd met. perhaps even a part of him even looked up to his brother. he wish he could've been more like him. the careless free—spirited nature that made up one so bright.

"there's always something to prove. especially to society." he smiles — barely.

for a moment he feels silly. as though his worries are easily washed away by the opposition. it's a reassuring feeling. 

"everyone seemed to be at a pivotal point in their careers. i just didn't want to ruin it." he pauses, "besides... when i finish what it is i'm looking into — i want to aim for higher grounds." he wanted to settle with the elites.

or perhaps destiny would have different plans.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 9:20:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias wasn't around to understand the true extent to what alex is talking about, but he's heard enough to know of the changes his siblings went through, the challenges they faced.

he knows fought tooth and nail to go from gym leader to elite four. he knows , as much as he despises the man, played his cards right to achieve a seat in the council.

and he knows the struggles went through as well, though not nearly enough as he should.

"i'm sure you wouldn't have."

he shakes his head, confident of his words.

"what are you looking into now?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 10:37:49 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]alex appreciates the sentiment. 

however — the past is the past and the future is ever—present.

"well... uh."

his gaze lingers elsewhere. hesitation perhaps. 

"to be honest — i've been researching spacetime." alex doesn't know how to phrase it in such a way that might leave matias overwhelmed by the influx of information. more specifically — his excitement for discovery.

"while i was traveling... i came across a couple interesting legends. most of which don't really correspond with hoenn." he faces his brother, his expression drawn into its usual calm, "so i came here to figure out why it's all happening here and i guess... to make sure nothing bad happens too." his gaze lowered but it was still visible of an elation that wielded this new—found dream.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 19:45:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]spacetime?

matias has no idea but he nods regardless.

"i've been wondering about that, too. why are they showing up here?"

a pause.

"take the kanto legends for example: moltres, articuno. why here? why not in kanto when we needed them?"

when the region needed them?

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
goodbye, hello. [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 2:06:01 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]the wistful look carves into the opening through an ever—watching pair of eyes. kanto was a mockery of what it had once been. after the war — rocket tore asunder everything that made the region what it was. this was appended by the sacred land that derived these legendary birds. even if they went back... it wouldn't have been the same.

"i'm sure there is a reason." he said, his tone a gentle hope.

eventually however — the wish takes hold. 

"you're familiar with dialga and palkia, right?" the pause is another lengthy consideration. the thoughts that swarm his mind are festering with many ideas. thousands of theories swept away by the continuation, "while i was exploring sinnoh... i came across a few stories and also... a device." his gaze seems to linger in an absence of now but the memories that make up these words, "it's called the time—space axis and its purpose is to monitor disruptions in the space—time continuum." breaking from the trance he faces his brother — pondering if the this was too much to comprehend. 

"...does this make sense to you so far?"

[googlefont=Source Code Pro:300]
[googlefont=Hind:300,400,500]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 12.5px; color: #d49736; font-family: 'Hind'; letter-spacing: 0.7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; opacity: .7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;padding:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexparty]float:center; display:block;[/newclass]