awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 9:58:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
his reaction is a deadpan stare. if that's her objective then she has a disturbing way of accomplishing it. with that in mind, fernando averts his gaze and returns to his papers. "there are better things to learn then what if scenarios. spend your time on preparing for things that are more likely to happen then not."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:04:37 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"Or I could learn from both."

She's more than capable of it.

While he drops his gaze, her's doesn't. She'll sink her teeth in and won't let go any sooner than her zweilous would. She'll poke and prod and pester, if not tonight then another and another until he starts to answer her for the sheer sake of shutting her up. Her persistence is a virtue to herself in this manner, if to no one else.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:18:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"not the most efficient use of your time, mind you."

her stare is unnoticed. he's too engrossed in his work to catch it. instead, he shuffles the papers again, sorting them away from the desk as their use deteriorates. watching him eliminate them shouldn't come as any surprise. fernando's work pattern in league head quarters has always revolved with placing everything in front of him and removing them as he finishes.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:23:57 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Just because you're an old dog that doesn't like new tricks doesn't mean I am." the comment sits oddly on her, especially in contrast to him. She'll stand by it however, as she bears a flexible mind and is more than capable of taking everything in that she's seeking. So long as it will be given.

"Though of course now you'll argue about wasting your time won't? As if it wouldn't have been quicker at this point to just give me an answer instead of going around the roundabout." he likes to try word games but she'll only be entertained by them for so long.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:32:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"now you're learning," fernando comments after she predicts his next arguing point. one by one, the papers find themselves shifted on the side until there's only five in front of him. "well, that's true but then i would've have been able to teach you a more important lesson." a second look over and fernando's fairly confident on what's left to be done.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:40:41 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She can't resist rolling her eyes.

She sense there's bait here, waiting for her to ask what the lesson is but she's already decided it's something useless because it's not going to be anything telling her something she doesn't already know.

Instead she just watches him eliminate the papers. One by one until there's almost none.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:48:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he doesn't show it but even fernando's is surprised how effective that manuever had been. finally, some peace and quiet. just long enough for him to sort everything out and clarify the spot he's missing. the papers he had separated are fitted into an empty manila folder and he sets that aside for later.

"after the mission we'll still have to address talia's retirement. your thoughts?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:55:44 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His question earns him a glare. If her questions are to be denied then she would not be answering his either.

She stands again, beginning to feel restless in her forced silence. She makes a point to turn her back to him as she walks away from the table but not out of the room. She must be content her displeasure is known.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:12:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her silence is met with a well awaited "ah". by the time he pulls his eyes away from the paper in front of him he realizes that she's farther away then before. her back's turned and he smirks, laughing. "i'm sorry, isra. i didn't expect you to have a real answer." he turns back to the paper.

"but you don't have to be shy. sorry for putting you on the spot with that. it is a nuanced situation, after all."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:21:45 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

And now she feels that he's toying with her rather than talking, and not in a way she's keen to play along with. Even the laugh she's not sure what to think of.

When she turns back to him it's not to answer his question.

"What did you want me working on tonight?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:30:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
damn. she's not taking the bait. oh well. he's had his fun. time for business.

"the usual. leave the appropriate voice mails for the meetings and the one's i've cancelled. more papers from 's department as well. i'd like those sorted based off purpose and filed for me to look over."

fernando debates whether or not he should assign the next task. it's still a work in progress.

"also, i'd like you to proof read my elite four initiative project plan. you should have access to it on your shared drive." he pauses, correcting himself. "that's the one that the one with the r and the colon after it. should be called silph with the two slashes in front of it."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 20:06:51 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra lets him talk, making a mental list of what he's asking, most of which is terribly boring but she'll do it nonetheless. She doesn't break eye contact, doesn't comment. He's madr it obvious he didn't actually care for her answer and she feels far less interested in conversation.

"If that's all I'll be taking my leave of you then." she'll wait a moment to see if he has anything to add but is eager to leave now, her curiosity shifted to the project he wants her to proof read but she won't show it.

Isra has clammed up, face blank and tone flat.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IMPASSE
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 20:35:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her pause is purposeful and fernando bites back drawing out the conversation. "as you were then."

when she makes a move to leave he'll interupt. "oh, keep the elite four project between us. that's a personal project from me and i'd like us to get the credit for it. at least until it's approved."