awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:26:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"it's not a valid concern unless you think league employees are stupid enough to now know the basics of how to use a computer. don't share your passwords and don't be lazy about the explicit protocols we have about data usage." only after he makes the statement does fernando catch the fact that he's wrong. he turns to isra, staring at her blankly, blinking twice. oh, right. having to teach her how to use a computer wasn't too difficult - she's a fast learner - but she still required being taught.

"anyway, kaeor's just an asshole. silph co. handles it fine and i even told him i'd have it set up. limiting who has access to what doesn't take more then a day." a bright notification flashes in the corner of his screen as the porygon lets out an odd, eight-bit sounding giggle. "and in porygon's case, a few minutes."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:35:59 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

A blank face stares back at him. She's not above accepting her state with computers. It was a stroke of misfortune on her part that could not have been rectified sooner, not really. She knows she is one of the ones he's talking about even if that may not be the case so much now.

"People tend to be stupid and do stupid things. That's why you count on it, at least to an extent."

Not only does the giggle draw her attention aware from conversation but it elicits quite the unsettled look out of the woman, one she rarely makes. Something about the sound is simply off- unnatural to her and while that may be the point it doesn't make her any less upset over it.

She has to pry her eyes away from his computer. "But if he's a hellbent ass hole and he's in charge might be better to pick a different battle to fight." she didn't necessarily agree but it was a possibility nonetheless- she didn't know all the details to be sure.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:45:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"don't remind me. that's why i'm still working with paper." his sigh is hidden by the repeated clanking of his keyboard. for someone who's an extensive user, fernando exhibits a extraordinarily aggressive style of typing. each key stroke is loud, exaggerated, and resonates into a longer stream of noises as he rapidly taps each key.

"i didn't catch what you ordered. what're you drinking?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 10:52:29 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Even Isra is more delicate with a machine, be it out of uncertainty until she gets more used to them or simply because she is so particular with each move she makes it can be hard to be certain. She makes note of this but doesn't comment, busying her mouth with sipping her drink again.

"Melon crawl I think, it's not bad. Kinda frilly though."

She offers him her glass, just in case he's curious too.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:05:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she offers him her glass and he's happy to partake. fernando rotates the glass in his hand, taking a sip from where he presumes to be a different place from her own, assuming she drank straight from the glass at all. "oh, that's good." another beep comes from his laptop and a small chatbox appears in a font that's a few sizes too small to discern from. "order me one of those." if isra's tries to pry or has magnifying vision, she'll be able to make out the name.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:14:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She nearly chuckles at him as she waves over the bartender to get another for him, her attention only being drawn away when she hears the beep. It sounds out of place in her mind and will continue to until she's truly used to the computer sounds.

"How much longer you plan on being here?" she looks back to him, much less enthralled with his computer screen.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:19:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
'depends."

he doesn't expand on that comment, which is undoubtedly going to drive isra into either inquiring or irking her. however, it's more than apparent that he's distracted, engross on the message he's typing. there's a special type of concentration that he's yet to display in front of her. after pressing the enter key, he closes the box, turning to her direction, momentarily remembering where he left off.

"probably until closing unless something requires my attention. that or i get bored." he pauses. "did you have something in mind?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:26:30 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Whatever has his attention it has it well, he's not multitasking in the slightest over it and that's a curious matter. She's about to say something when he turns back to her.

"Not terribly. More wondering if I should be returning to the office at all I suppose." she mused, almost as if those weren't the right words because they weren't. She wasn't sure what she was expecting because she'd still yet to decide what she thought of things.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 11:36:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"you don't have to if you don't want to." the bartender returns with the drink and places it close to isra. fernando reaches for it and takes a quick sip, catching himself. "--for today. well, generally, as long as you get your work done i don't mind if you're not in the office as long as you're with me." he resumes killing the drink, finding the taste of watermeleon and its overall sweetness allowing him to down it easily. at least until the mild brain freeze hits. he winces at the sensation, scowling.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 19:45:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The grin is small and lacking in the typical attitude, she can't help but he a little amused. "you okay there?" she laughs, softly and only barely.

"I'm a bit surprised, I expected you to want me to just work more then If I'm all caught up." not that Isra would ever mind. As she masktered her tasks and found the most effective system she'd need more to keep her entertained. Which shenwouldn't mind either. Having things to do kept her grounded instead of wondering aimlessly killing time.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 20:41:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he lets out a mild grumble at her question. he can feel the mockery - patronizing even. he'll stomach it if only to speed up the process. it's only the two of them and he cares little for embarrassment. it's not like anyone else will believe her. not anyone who knows him.

"who said you won't be working? i'm talking about working remotely." perhaps the office term isn't something she's used to. there's many aspects that isra is competent and an equal amount she knows nothing about. it's a curious thing and one that makes him ponder about her background.

"keeping me company is work."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 5:08:15 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Surprisingly Isra was neither, Isra was amused though it is easily missunderstood. She does not sit in the same box as the other cats.

"what exactly does keeping you company as work entail?" she assumes when the working remotely thing comes about he will explain it. This is much easier for her to push him on. And likely more fun.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 18:24:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando turns his head to face her, eyes narrowed, probing. he can't tell if she's genuinely curious or playing the fool. he opts to push forward, putting the ball back in her court. "what do you think, isra?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 0:49:38 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She gives the narrowing of his eyes a quizzical look, not sure how this manages to insight such a look. "I know what I think." she thinks there are three options.

"but i don't know what you expect, that's the point of asking." she's determined to get an answer.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 18:20:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her reaction is enough to get him to lighten up. whatever angle he was playing at went straight over her head, or she's feigning ignorance, but fernando doesn't push it. there's only so far he can get on his own.

"well, what do you think?"