1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 20:35:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

There comes a point where Isra grows tired of her questions being answered with questions. That point has been reached and she turns away from him completely, sipping on her drink and content to sit in silence for as long as she can.

After all, if he's not going to tell her then she can't do it and she's happy to spend her work night sitting at the bar and drinking instead.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 23:26:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"not much of an opinion, huh?"

her lack of response opens the gate for his condescension. it's also a cue to continue, redirecting his attention back to his laptop which bears the brunt of his furious typing.

silence is golden and as long as she's stubborn enough to indulge, fernando will be happy to reciprocate. at least for several minutes. her response, or lack thereof, will determine if he breaks it.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 3:16:15 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Currently she is of the opinion he is a bit of a dick. Dicks deserve an apropriate response.

Isra will retort to his condesating tone in time, it starts as a low hum that builds to her singing softly to herself a lullaby from her childhood. If left unattended it will grow to her full on singing with the entent of being obnoxiously loud.

Her feet kick slowly from where they dangle from the stool. A kid entertaining herself if he won't.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 8:21:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her humming is less of an annoyance then a distraction. handling busy work while listening in on the droning sound of the various higher ups in league headquarters is nothing new. he's able to tune her out at first, at least at this volume. it goes on and she only grows in intensity. that's fine. he's willing to wait. by the time it gets really bad, the bar staff will probably jump in. all he has to do is bide his time.

however, he comes across a particular sentence on the document he's typing up. it reminds him of an earlier task.

"oh, by the way, what did you think about the elite four initiative?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 9:07:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra comes to a dead stop and looks up at him the moment he says something but doesn't respond right away. She deliberates with herself a moment.

"if i answer a question you answer a question." she looks at him "Just like before"

He either agrees or he doesnt get an answer.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 23:35:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he handles the pause well. only when she replies does he react by turning to her, eyes narrowing, probing.

"..."

he mulls over his answer. "give me a more deliberate question with context." he waves at the bartender, eyes laid squarely on her.

"if i know why you're asking and what you think the answer is, then we can trim down how much you have to ask."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2019 8:31:35 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra isn't entirely convinced, it's apparent on her face. If she knew that she wouldn't belive it though, there's no way she'd drop her guard enough for him to see the almost vulnerable uncertainty in her eyes.

She accepts his terms in silence.

"It has potential, but I doubt the others will be eager to follow what you propose to a T,they'll want to make adjustments as they see fit." though if he was as smart as behavior implied he would anticipate this.

"there's potential in such an idea though, especially with the loss of our champion. If played right an elite four could be a useful card on the table."

She's quiet a moment. "I still want to know what you expect of me while 'keeping you company'. Work at the office is straight forward, this is far more relaxed and.... social. We're either dropping barriers, playing at dropping barriers or giving you an excuse to drink while working without there being more workers to see it." she knows she should just play it safe, pretend and all that. Something about the councilman however, drives her to behave like a child and she is aware of herself to know that requires a certain fondness. She needs to know if that is mutual, or if she is wasting her time.

Her look hardens as she mulls this over in her mind.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 3:51:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the thoroughness of her response brings a smile to her face. it's sly, coy, hinting at his own amusement until she's done. the fact that she addresses the conundrum shows an insight that's pleasant to the ears. however, the bartender has returned and fernando addresses him instead. he orders four vegas bomb, enough to divide between themselves with a spare shot left over. the sound of the bartender cracking open a can of red tauros is heard in the background while fernando returns his attention to her.

"what barriers?" it's obvious he's teasing but he can't help himself. not when she's set herself up so deliciously. he wants to antagonize her, leaving her with that last question, letting it linger despite her opening up to his demands.

but he doesn't.

that mocking smirk disappears when he opens his mouth to answer her. "you're not too far off with that last assumption but there's more to it. your presence alone provides me with an alibi should the need arise. my position within the league is concrete but my credibility isn't. my opinions and movements face shaky ground but professionalism between us isn't a necessity. not at an anal level, anyway."

he pauses.

"there are many benefits in having someone with you, even if the situation doesn't call for it. i'm merely giving you an option - stay in the office or come out with me wherever i may go. when the situation arises, naturally."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 4:55:18 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She sits on what he says for a moment before responding almost happily "Ah, so you're using me." she should be upset about it but finds herself unbothered by it in the long run, happy even, at the clarity it gives. After all, the moment that just passed is one of few she never quite mastered, her lack of face to face experience with it making it difficult to be certain. The exchange has been given however, the patterns will sit in her mind to remind her the next time she finds them.

Isra knows that this realization should hurt more than it does, in one breath she accepts she does not quite hate or even dislike the man next to her and in the next she's accepting he is using her to his advantage. The smile should not be on her face but it is. "Though there's a hole in that plan. I'm your assistant even if assigned through the league. Makes it suspicious if I'm the only one present. I could always just being covering your ass."

"Regardless, your tactic. Your turn."

It's liek a weight has fallen from her shoulders.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 5:11:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he can't help but blurt out laughing at her response. "you make it sound so bad." unabashed, he reaches for two of the highball glasses in front of them and slides one her way. it's his gesture for her to drink with him. he keeps his drink in hand, patient.

"if that's the case, isra, then they chose a shitty representative to spy on me. unless you're saying my charms were sharp enough to sway you on my side." he brings the glass up to his lips, reeling it away as a realization hits.

"although i suppose you do owe me for saving your ass from that abomasnow. your welcome, by the way. cheers."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 5:44:52 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Hey! I thanked you for that, it's not my fault if you didn't read the note on the cacnea." despite the indignation in her tone she's smiling as she picks up the glass, accepting the offer. She motions it towards him in a mock clink at his cheers, a second nature habit before they down their drink.

She doesn't miss a beat on their conversation. "Honestly i would be a shit choice for a spy. Way too tall for a girl, bright green hair and- what was that word that lady used?" she had to think about it a moment. "Eccentric. I stick out like a sore thumb." Isra knew it, but she had long since learned to use it to her advantage where possible.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 6:05:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
down the hatchet it goes. there's another round before them and fernando reaches for that as well. the mixed drink doesn't burn as hard as straight liquor and the taste of the energy drink is enough to make it easy to kill. another shot is slid her way and fernando leaves his it by his laptop - within reach but not in hand.

"to spy on others discretely, yes. to spy on me? hard not to keep up with what i'm doing when you handle all my work."

he sneers.

"oi! you sounded kind of surprised when you said i was using you. if not, then what?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 6:22:56 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She runs a finger around the rim of the next one, mulling over the taste lingering in her mouth. Despite how often she frequents bars and her love of wine in private settings the woman rarely orders anything from bars. She's still deciding if she likes it well enough for another.

"Fair point." but she doubted she saw anything terribly incriminating in her day to day work. The man was too meticulous, too particular about things for something he couldn't cover up to slip by him to her. Not without her looking for it.

She turned to him. "What do you mean? If I was surprised it was only because you admitted to it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 6:54:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"then what did you expect? did you already have an answer to your question?"

she opens up the gates and he can't help but prod. at least until she puts a stop to it. 

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 6:58:49 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I expected you to say something to tell me what you expected and in doing so confirm it for me" the answer was simple and at this point she didn't see any reason to dance around it, they had already gone past that. She predicts some quip about askign questions she already has an answer too, based on earlier comments.

"Just because I have potential answers doesn't mean they are the answer."