8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 7:22:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"lead with that next time. it makes it easier to dissect."

hopefully toying around with her has taught her better then to play more games. fernando's had his fill since the first day they met and only continues it to dissuade her. what causes him pain can be doubled back until they're both tired of it. at least he's persistent.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 7:26:01 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"And if I do will it get me honest answers?" if not she will continue to do it if only to bother him and waste his time. She is equally persistent and willing to be more than obnoxious if that's what it takes. A petty revenge but her revenge of choice none the less.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 7:36:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"where i can, i will." it's about now that he reaches for the shot. he brings it closer, at chest level, glancing between it and her.

"but somethings are outside your pay grade."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 7:39:48 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Only if you decide that's the only measure worth listening to." the comment is almost challenging as she grabs her glass and downs. There's something surprisingly solemn in the look on her face as she says it. The alcohol does nothing for it.

"And if you do that's more your loss than mine."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 7:47:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"some things are confidential." isra kills her drink and fernando keeps his in hand. he debates drinking it. it only takes the slightest tingle of warmth to change his mind. knocking back the drink is easier then the last and fernando pounds the glass back on the table.

"principle really. although i'm sure you wouldn't do anything rash regardless."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 7:53:37 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Sounds like a bullshit excuse not to talk about it." Isra doesn't believe in confidential information, much to the dismay of others. "If someone's the right person to talk to about it they are, if they aren't they aren't." while in essence that's what it means she sees it a little different. Someone can be of a higher pay grade and still not be the right person to talk to. Some things some people don't need to know no matter who they are.

"But I know how this talk goes, so you don't have to waste your time telling me I'm wrong." it's got nothing to do with him, he's just far frm the last one to tell her such things.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:03:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"and a lot of times rank and clearance determines who's the right and wrong person to talk to."

she says he doesn't have to but fernando can't stop. the thrill of the verbal hunt is something he cannot deny. her refusal only wants to pursue it even further but he holds himself steady - one point at a time.

"so are you just stubborn or do you just want to be kept in the loop?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:09:42 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His question surprises her enough to have her full attention again. "Both." she won't deny the quality, not when it has its merits just as much as its hindrances. "I told you already. You get what you give."

She taps her fingers on the counter top to keep them from going to her thigh and rubbing the spot she always does when thinking especially hard about something. Choosing her next set of words just right. "The more I know the better the choices I make will be. It's in my nature to seek more than I am readily given."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:16:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"you're asking for a lot, isra."

he wears the same condescending smile as always. "you get what you give and i'm going to need you to give a little more. this type of consultation - my consultation doesn't come cheap. there are those who would treasure such an opportunity."

he's not wrong. there's no doubt isra's came across it in the paper work. various league affiliated organization have petitioned for him to come speak over a variety of issues. just last week he had to decline giving a talk to the local university as the reigning ceo of silph co. due to it not being a league affiliated discussion he had isra decline it without second thought.

"and here you are, exposed to it on a semi-daily schedule."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:21:46 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Then I guess we're at a stalemate." she's unrocked by his commentary. He thinks highly of himself regardless of what others say or do that much has been made apparent in her interactions with him. "Because I am not confident you will give me anything of worth at all."

And there is the root of it, if they are to put these verbal banters behind them and move forward there needs to be a sense of trust built somewhere, though Isra knows not where. She's still on uncertain footing about the man. He's given her glimmers of reason to think he might be alright, but in other moments she's not so sure.

She needs something solid, and she doesn't trust him to give it to her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:25:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
naturally, there's only one way to go from here. so fernando will take the bait. he'll snap onto that last statement and hold her accountable from thereon in.

"what's something worth value then isra? what do you want?"

he leans in, lowering his voice. there's a hint of an implication behind his voice but it's hard to pinpoint at what.

"what do you want from me?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:37:38 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She looks him dead in the eye, the determined look one he's met before and one he'll meet again. "Stop trying to dodge around. Answer my questions, tell me information when I ask it."

Her jaw is set in would be anger but anger isn't quite the word for what Isra feels. "Or decide I'm nothing more than another grunt to you and start treating me like it instead this half in half out bullshit." if he's going to ask, he's going to get the answer.

Isra does not do what she feels is an in between, he either trusts her fully as his assistant or she's a glorified pencil pusher. One or the other.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:42:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"are you implying that i don't treat you like a grunt already?"

the question comes off more genuine then condescending - a rare sight but one that's grounded by her own impressions. while fernando agrees, and presumably knows the answer to his own question, hearing someone else's interpretation will prove insightful. there's almost an urge to have her clarify on the half in half out but he knows better then to press for too much.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 8:51:00 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra laughs, it's not boisterous or happy, but laced with amusement nonetheless. The problem is either her and her inexperience or he's toying with her more and she's not sure which. She can think it through the alcohol but she can't decide. Not in that moment.

"Grunt it is then." she doesn't answer him she decides for him. She has half a mind to wave for another drink before she stops herself midway. Drinking more is probably a bad idea, it's probably what's made her run her mouth so much to begin with.

She turned away, unsure of what words she was looking for.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Messenger
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 9:00:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she opts for the later and fernando narrows his eyes. how dull.

"a very spoiled grunt, mind you."

if she won't wave him over then fernando will. regardless, he hasn't had enough to hit his buzz. his habit of drinking while working has done numbers on his tolerance. it's a refreshing contrast from before.

"two adios."

the electric lemonade will be the end of his drinking for tonight. at least at the bar. the last he'll have is a stiff one and nothing gives just the right punch like an adios. the fact it doesn't straight up taste like shit, like every other shot, makes it all the more worthwhile.

"very spoiled."