[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

Time has passed since the battle of Sootopolis. A defeat for the League side. One that cost them multiple losses. Journals had been distributed, press conferences were held, questions were asked. "Where was the gym leader?" "Do we risk the attacks of a new tentacular threat?" "What happened to Schwartz?".[break][break]

But now... The man was but a memory to most. Lost to Hoenn, held by Rocket. And with the way he was captured? It would be normal to assume the Alolan was dead. Being sucked dry of his life force by a tentacular monstrosity. The madness brought by was bound to give the feeling that this ex-Bodyguard (Clearly, he lost his job at this point no?) was doomed.[break][break]

And yet, here he was. Seated in a laboratory. Chained, unable to move. The folks of the submarine had been prudent, sealing his arms and legs with enough layers to prevent him from break free with his Avatar powers. And with a 'daily sucking session' from the Rocket Admin, removing the energy needed to attempt an escape... He wouldn't be going far.[break][break]

But why was he being kept in a Laboratory? What did they plan to do with him? Experiments? Not a lot of tools could get through his steel skin, even if his energy was almost depleted. So what could they hope to achieve... The questions were going through the man's head, but were interrupted by the sound of a door opening. Who could this random person be?[break][break]

[break]

Note: Tagged the 3 of you because I don't know who wishes to jump in. But if the 3 of you do not want to, I can switch it to an open.

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/xg78cs9.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Sucks to be a Lab Rat [Open?]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 15:07:10 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Backing into the room, a large tupperware container in hand, was Chu-e, of course.

"Good evening, Balder." And he sounded tired, disgruntled, like he always did with these visits. Chu-e hated that he had to do this to as much as the man himself probably hated going through the process. The daily 'succ sessions'... all in the name of not starving. Balder was probably the only thing keeping him from hitting rock bottom a lot sooner and making him think of attacking his friends.

"I brought spicy beef curry with pineapple today. Oh!" He tapped a bag on top of the container, a smiling Slurpuff winking. "A malasada shop opened up earlier this week so I brought you a few. Those are from Alola, right?"

Chu-e sat the stuff on a nearby table before he sat in the chair. He was tired and rubbed his face, clear exhaustion and illness hitting him worse than before. Even someone like Balder, who didn't know him as well, would be able to see it.

"I don't know if I can feed you today. If I let you down, will you promise not to punch me or try to run off?"
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 4:41:53 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

And there comes the Jailor, as well as the individual who captured him. The "betrayer" one could say, considering how they had met before all of this. To think Balder had believed him to be a good guy simply looking for his husband... And he shared diner with him. Only to end up discovering he's part of Rocket. Of the group that possibly killed his family.[break][break]

But... something was different today. The man was weaker, unable to even do his usual duty. And he wanted to free him so he can eat? That's... weird. But might as well answer honestly. "Even if I wanted to run, I got jack shit idea of the structure of this thing. Escaping isn't really an option. And while punching the hell out of you is something that crossed my mind ever since I found out who you really are? I'm not one to kick a person that's already on the ground."[break][break]

It's not because he was talking to a rocket, that could do anything they wanted for their gains, that he needs to stoop to their level. Although this could be debatable. "So yeah. I won't escape, nor strike you. However, think you could answer some questions? Might change my attitude towards you and your group, who knows."

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/xg78cs9.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 7:43:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

as long as they’d had balder, she’d not yet made herself known. she’d assigned experiments to other scientists under her, but kept close tabs on balder. more often than anyone had known, she’d lingered, checking in on him from the shadows.

a friend, from the past. though he had undergone cruelty, it had not been by her hand directly. she knew that this time would come to an end eventually. that she would show her face.

maybe it would be today. Maybe it wouldn’t. but again, she was here, observing—even, presumably, unbeknownst to .
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 17:09:07 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
No, Chu-e did not notice . He was not psychic and he was so very tired. She would hear everything between him and .

"I appreciate that." He gave Balder a tired but sincere smile as he started to undo the mechanisms that kept him restrained. "If it makes you feel any better, I don't like this."

He sat heavily on a chair, hunching over some. He was tired. This was, after all, during the disappearance of one .

"Go ahead and shoot. I don't have the energy to try and be a coy asshole right now."
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 5:12:47 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The fact the man agreed to this so readily was actually surprising. As the restraints fell off, the Alolan got up, massaging his wrists. It had been a while since the shackles were removed. Being freed from those was almost a foreign feeling. A welcome one however. The man proceeded to sit on the table, close to Chu-E as he grabbed the Malasada and ate it in one bite, not noticing the third presence that lurked in the shadows and was watching them.[break][break]

"So, except the obvious of why and when the fuck you became a Rocket grunt, mind telling me what the hell you are? Clearly, you're not an avatar. You don't seem to have control over this affliction, this parasite of yours, so I doubt it comes from a legendary pokemon. And yet, it feeds on an Avatar's energy... It makes no sense."[break][break]

Sometimes, one would forget that Balder wasn't just all muscle, that he had a brain to back it all up. He didn't study the story and legends of every regions for no reason after all. And while the tales he had heard did reference to conflicts between the deities, none ever came close to describing a parasite that would hunt the energy produced by these overpowered creatures.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:17:58 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e did not flinch away from . He just hummed, quietly glad he had gotten quite a few of those Malasada. This guy could eat a Rapidash and ask for seconds. There is a quiet snort at Rocket Grunt but Chu-e doesn't contest it. Some things it was better to keep to himself, after all.

"Rocket is the easy answer. League guy molested me and got away with it. I ran away from home and joined them when I was a kid." He waves it off. That was sad but he didn't like to dwell. It was just a thing that happened.

For the other, he does frown a bit, thinking.

A hand is lifted up, for both of them to see, and Chu-e flexes his hands repeatedly. Black crystal nails expand from his fingertips before returning under the flesh. Over and over.

"I think it's eating me." Which answers nothing. "I hear it in my head... constantly. It's buzzing in my brain all the time. Don't know what it's saying. Feels like..." He trails off, narrows his eyes, tries to focus on the white noise. "Like it's trying to smooth out all the wrinkles in my brain so it can make new ones."

He blinks, seems to remember where he is, give Balder an awkward smile as he puts his head down.

"Take my advice and don't put weird shit in your mouth, dude."
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:49:50 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

League member... who molested and even got away with it? Balder's fist clenched in anger. He didn't like rocket for the fact they murdered, but what Chu-E was talking about was just as worse. And the fact that they got away with it... League was just as rotten as he knew it. A cleansing was definitely needed.[break][break]

Now came the intriguing part. The reasoning behind this power of his. Or rather, the parasite. His initial assessment was correct after all. The man had been possessed by something, and was prey to it. But the way he was describing it... It was like that entity was trying to take over.[break][break]

"Are you able to repeat what it says? You might not be able to understand what it says, but maybe by speaking it, you'll get a better understanding of it." And perhaps Balder would be able to determine the nature of it too through this method. The comment about not putting weird things in his mouth confused him however, but he didn't wish to dive deeper into that part.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 20:01:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
's suggestion was a good one. But, it made Chu-e give a small, humorless laugh.

"I don't think I could." Glancing back up, he pointed at the overhead light. Usually sometime you could tune out, but the florescent buzzed and buzzed if you tuned into it. "It's like that... almost. Not... words? Just there. I couldn't 'speak' it any more than you could speak 'light bulb'."

There is a long, pregnant pause. He's so tired. Chu-e could go to sleep right here...

"I'm sorry." It doesn't feel like enough. It will never be enough. And what was he apologizing for? Kidnapping him? Eating him alive? Any number of other things?

Either way, Chu-e sighs and closes his eyes for a moment.

He's so tired.
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 6:24:55 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The pregnant pause ended up giving birth to a few words of apologies (Is that seriously a real expression? LOL). But... What was he apologizing about? There was too many possibilities to cover with these words, and the fact the kidnapper was about to go into a nap wasn't helping.[break][break]

"Apologies are kind of useless at this level, wouldn't you say? What's done is done, I'm stuck here one way or another. What matters is how things go from now on and what you end up doing. And in your current state, it seems to summarize to nothing at all." Balder sighed and removed his relatively ruined jacket to drop it on Chu-E and cover him in case he falls asleep.[break][break]

"So, back to questioning a bit before you fall asleep. What can you tell me about Rocket? As it stands, I don't even know your goals. Only thing I'm aware of is that some, if not most of your group, have a tendency to murder." As he said these words, the image of his family flashed through his mind.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 6:42:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
was giving birth? Kinky.

The jacket makes Chu-e perk back up, at least a little. He opens his eyes and idly glances over at Balder before curling into the warmth. He's been so cold recently. Like his body is turning to ice from the inside out.

"They are. Makes me feel a little better, though." A long sigh through his nose.

Then Chu-e thinks on how to answer the other.

"Rocket is really divided. Everyone has their own goals. Rocket just helps achieve them." He turned slightly towards the other, shifting in his seat to better face him.

"I want to make sure Kanto doesn't happen again. I also want the League to stop pretending it doesn't have problems." He motions around him weakly; to the cell, but also to something larger. "Rocket is full of criminals. Criminals aren't born from nothing. Rocket took advantage of us before. I think it can be better now." idealistic? Maybe. But Chu-e would die for his goals.
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 5:23:07 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

You wish that was the case.[break][break]

So the group that Rocket formed was just a means to an end. Everyone differed in opinion, but were united in some manner, and used it all to accomplish what they desired. And the fact he wanted to prevent another Kanto... Balder could respect that, especially with what happened to his own family.[break][break]

But idealistic as it may be, the way he was handling it currently seemed to not function towards his end goal. In what way would capturing him, the Avatar of Solgaleo, and granting a portion of his power to another rocket lead to the prevention of another Kanto? If anything, wouldn't spreading the crimes perpetrated by league be the best way to proceed?[break][break]

"Criminals are born because law depicts them as such. While League may be flawed, laws remain a necessity in a society, and criminals will always exist because some folks just want to see the world burn. But I do respect your ideals and how you wish to prevent another Kanto situation, and I agree that the current league is an issue though. Something must be done."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:50:13 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"i don't disagree with you. There will always be bad people who do bad things because they like it." A weak smile is offered to . "Imagine it, though... a world where no one is hungry, so they don't need to steal. No petty thieves that get disillusioned and turn into murderers." He lowers his voice a bit, just for him and the other. You never knew what shadows were hiding in the walls. "No one there to take advantage of those people."

The smile stayed for a few moments before it dropped, the previous worry starting to come back. He sighed.

"Okay, I need to go. Sorry I can't stay lo-ugh!" Chu-e made to push himself to his feet. But then he crumpled to the floor. A wheezing cough escaped him, flecks of black spilling from his lips. He tried to sit back up but his arms shook with exertion. Chest heaving, he gave up. He was only barely able to curl on his side.

If Balder were smart, he could probably take advantage of the situation to try and escape. But Balder was a good person. Chu-e may have been Rocket and may have been eating him (and led to his capture), but he had been kind to his besides. Homemade meals and treats when he could find them. Chu-e liked Balder.
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 2:08:31 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The vision Chu-E had was quite idealistic. But... "That would definitely be better then what we got right now." The Alolan finished his meal, then looked at the rocket member in front of him as he was about to announce his departure. As he was about to get up the table, however... The incident happened.[break][break]

"Hey!" Balder stood up immediatly as he noticed the man collapse and proceeded to move over. Black stains on the ground, lack of strenght... This didn't look good at all. But wasn't that also an opportunity?[break][break]

The Alolan went to the door of the room with a decisive step. Was he actually doing his escape? In plain sight? The door opened. But no one exited the room. Only one man's voice resonated from the opening, possibly travelling most of the submarine. "MEDIC NEEDED, MAN DOWN!!!"[break][break]

A chance to escape? Ruined. But leaving while this guy was on the ground due to his disease? That would leave a bad tase in his mouth. Plus... Chu-e wasn't evil. He deserved to live on. Balder returned to the fallen one's side, inspecting his condition. Food in his current state might be a bad idea, and he didn't have enough knowledge about his current condition to be able to intervene.[break][break]

If only there was a scientist or medic hidden in the shadows that could jump in right now...

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 17:31:14 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A few more heartbeats to catch his breath.

He could feel it behind his eyes, in his head, thrumming. It wanted him. It was going to take him. Every time this happened, the control dug a little deeper and the crystals worked a little harder to break him down into something it could control.

But not this time. Soon, in the coming weeks. When he would die and nothing would be left to resist it's hold. Right now, Chu-e just needed to catch his breath, wait for the nausea to pass, then he could gently push himself until he was sitting up.

"I'm okay." Came, weak, from where he was sitting on the floor. It usually didn't get this bad, but... "I'm just tired." Chu-e tried to offer a forced smile. He wanted to get up but knew he couldn't. A long sigh.

But the smile crumpled, as reality bared down on him. Stress cracked him. Fighting with the disease, with the entity taking over his body, and with ... he...

A small sniff. A few tears dripped down his cheek, tinged black and turning hard on his cheeks before they could hit the ground. A crystal build up. It wasn't loud sobs, just a quiet breakdown as he tried to wrangle his emotions back into place. Fix the cracks in his mask so he could slip it back on a while longer. The talk with had helped but it didn't fix him. Nothing could fix this. Balder and even , hidden away, wouldn't be able to give him what he wanted.

So Chu-e just slumped over onto Balder, letting the other take his weight.

"My daughter is missing. That's why, I..." Another sniff. The bags under his eyes, his worse condition than normal. It wasn't his illness eating at him any more than normal- it was worry and stress.