2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 4:00:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the two quickly puzzled out how to strike down the airborne aerodactyl - while cait was forced to mull over her options for a moment longer.

"
oh!"

a metaphorical light bulb lit a top her skull, the woman reaching for her waist and selecting a capsule containing a grass-type. the bouncy creature stored within floated before her, their head craned upwards to peer at their target.

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/547.png

"hurricane."

a controlled burst of air was promptly launched at the ancient creature, the dual-type's aim precise. 

-

the next inscription wasn't as simple as the last. the clues were comparatively minimal, not directly betraying the the gods each passage sought to represent. 

"
this ones a bit vague," she remarked. "the gods typically come in trios. such as moltres, articuno and zapdos. or entei, suicune and raikou. the final two lines offer a hint - but just barely. the word 'wish' makes me think of jirachi - unfortunately their fate isn't heavily intertwined with their brethren..." 

cait filed away the passage within her mind, intent on deciphering its meaning.

- whimsicott used hurricane on aerodactyl 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 3:35:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]03: YAWN

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
THE MOVE YAWN MUST HIT & INFLICT[break]THE DROWSY STATUS ON ALL OF YOUR PKMN.[break][break]
PREVENT YOUR PKMN FROM FALLING ASLEEP[break] ON THE SECOND TURN OF YAWN.
[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE THIRD FLOOR. Here, a man and his Torkoal await you all. Oddly enough, this room seems hotter and more humid than the rest. All around on stands, pedestals, canvases and antiquities, Fire-type Pokemon are depicted. Slugma. Blaziken. Heatran. Moltres. The man welcomes everyone with a warm voice:[break][break]

"welcome to the third floor. i am farhan, the regent of the kindlers." He pats his Torkoal's shell and ushers him toward the field. "if you've come this far, you may be tired. however, scaling mt. chimney by foot is a harrowing ordeal. one must be alert at all times— for our volcano is an unpredictable, living force. endure a YAWN from my torkoal- but do not succumb to its effects."[break][break]

There is no inscription written in this room. However, paintings and carvings of a Moltres being birthed from Mt. Chimney's molten crater can be seen.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,496 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 4:17:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The masked vigilante watches the Regent blankly. So they'd have to endure a Yawn from a Torkoal. That was a simple task.

The Phantom took out his next Pokemon, a Yanma he caught during the Bug Catching contest. He'd allow the volcanic tortoise to Yawn, to put their Pokemon in a state of drowsiness.

"Uproar.", the masked man commanded.

The Yanma would begin to cause a great uproar in the area. This would be enough to prevent drowsiness from putting him to sleep.

The masked man began to study the paintings and carvings around the room. The depictions of Moltres being birthed from the mouth of the volcano made him want to search the area. He had a feeling the Kindlers had already searched the area for Stormy, but it didn't hurt to try his hand at searching for her, if only to gain closure.

tags:
notes: Yanma used Uproar. Drowsiness does not cause sleep under an Uproar

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 5:31:20 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Calling Kiri back to her ball Crimsen pocketed it, contemplating back to the last "riddle" they came across.

If you could call it that.

If it was a continuation of the first entry then it was story about how Palkia and Dialga were lonesome and isolated by their power, probably even from each other. Meanwhile Giratina is a problem-child who hates being a third wheel and Arceus is watching them and everything else through a window or something.

Most fictional mythologies painted gods as voyeurs, why would the real ones be any different?

It basically boiled down to "The powers of a god aren't for the simple folk who want to live comfortable and happy. The powers are for dicks and the devout like Cait, and the non-religious, non-dicks shouldn't wish for things that are beyond them."

-or maybe he was just projecting.

The newest room bore art and pieces of culture pertaining to fire-type pokémon. His inner (fire)type-nerd came out and he took a moment to record the 'chamber' of sorts.

Humid as it was he was no stranger to Hoenn's tropical heats by now. So he recorded unabated listening to Farhan as he himself got a good shot of the carvings of mt. chimney and moltres.

Behind his helmet the others would have missed his serious preponderance of the artful suggestion before him.

()

Kicking him swiftly in the thigh to make his leg cave Crimsen turned to see his Zeraora waiting for directions. Having called the electric type as a wild card at the sign of a Torkoal, he'd gotten distracted and started filming things rather than give orders.

Now the feline looked like it was due for a nap the sandman was calling in the tab.

On orders, an ELECTRIC TERRAIN was called up giving their group immunity from the pending threat of a yawn.

● tags: |
● notes: Coprophobia; Player 2 online!

Zeraora used ELECTRIC TERRAIN on the FIELD.
No one can fall asleep.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 2:35:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her gaze caught upon the portrait of moltres. a tiny gasp escaped as she gazed upon its magnificence, memories of stormy surging upwards in a dizzying flurry of vivid imagery.

'it wasn't so long ago that i witnessed you dive into the depths of a volcano. you were so brave.'

cait bowed her head, uttering a quiet prayer to moltres. she thanked the creature for allying themselves with stormy - for blessing the woman with its great power - even if it was only for a brief period of time. 

'stormy...'

her eyes stung briefly, but she sucked in a steadying breath and turned toward the stranger, focusing upon challenge placed before them.

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/671.png

her florges emerged shortly after a period of contemplation, plain-faced and prepared to respond to her mistress's command. 

"
misty terrain.

it was likely unnecessary - as the combination of uproar and electric terrain encouraged wakefulness. but she'd rather not risk failing the task placed in front of her purely due to inaction. 

- florges uses misty terrain

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 3:59:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]

[attr="class","raidName"]ANCIENT RESPITE

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE NEXT FLOOR. There, a blond man strolls in with his serving cart. A Slurpuff dressed in similar chef's attire hops along too, its tongue lazily tipped over its bottom lip.[break][break]

"you made it this far? not like it's a big accomplishment. feel free to pick from the cart. trade out an item for another or relinquish them entirely. be my guest." He rubs his stiff shoulder, the hand dangling from that painful joint licked by his Pokémon.[break][break]

Should you have encountered him before, he feigns ignorance. He does not answer questions. Simply, he waits for you all to finish before directing you to the next floor. However, there is no rush. You may chat amongst yourselves as you and your Pokémon take rest.[break][break]

Like before, around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"For my own beloved is now gone from me,[break]
departed to a place I cannot reach.[break]
My old companions have left me behind,[break]
their faces faded into spaces seen by no eye."

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.[

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item. If you already possess a held item, you must trade it for another.

[break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,496 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 15:13:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Another floor conquered. This time, they get reprieve, as they have the opportunity to swap their items. After a moment of careful consideration, The Phantom trades in the Mental Herb he selected earlier in favor of the Focus Sash.

"Not bad at all. But then, that's no surprise. Your reputations proceed you.", the masked man told the two. He was here to try to form an alliance with the other masked man, but Cait being in attendance was something he frankly didn't expect. But her help through this challenge was greatly appreciated.

He had to wonder if she figured out his identity, or how long it'd take her.

tags:
notes: Swapping Mental Herb for Focus Sash

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 17:47:33 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It only took a moment to profile the blonde man who awaited them in the newest room. Another snapshot of the room's inscription and he decided to swap items.

Approaching the offering of new items he could only barely manage to get his Zeraora to hand over those Heavy Duty Boots if he offered something as good in return.
Luckily he was a sucker for metal and trinkets; the ()
Ring Target was a more than fitting replacement.

()

Taking the Shed Shell he approached Cait. Considering whom she was the publicly known avatar of the offering of the shell was a sound strategic choice that any person who knew who she was could put together.

In her hands the shell was an emergency 'break in case of Celebi'.

The blonde man and his slurpuff were two he recognized but he kept it to himself for now.

Turning back to the alleycat that had followed him here and managed to keep up thus far, "Why are you following me ghostface?" he had to admit skill when it was being displayed so blatantly. "I'm trying to enjoy my date with the famous superhuman."

Trading Heavy Duty Boots for Ring Target
Offering Cait the Shed Shell
Team talks.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,496 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 16:22:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The masked man turned back to face the other masked man as he addressed him. Under the mask, he narrowed his eyes.

"I told you already. I need to talk to you. And I'm willing to suffer through this for that purpose.", he'd tell him bluntly.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 20:15:02 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Crossing its arms with a splash of attitude just as marketable and on-brand as its trainer's Zeraora took to a wall watching his partner in the red helmet cross the room to deal with the other human in concealment.

Its attention fell on the mistress for a moment, her scent feeding its calm. Its handler was half-a-buffoon but in his care the pokemon had come to know what a home was. The mistress smelled like home.

()

"That's vague. . ." Crimsen tilted his head back, as his eyes fell on their blonde host.

Zeraora has Ring Target ()

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 22:17:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the woman accepted the offering with a mild show of bemusement, her eyebrows arched and a slightly bewildered frown tugging at the corners of her lips.

"thanks?"

the item felt slightly warm to the touch as it was gently pressed into her palm for safekeeping; as though it had been briefly kissed with sunshine. the item was quickly pocketed, her hands settling upon the curves of her hips as the man addressed the other customed wonder. 

"...?"

cait's gaze flitted between the two.

"
is this some kind of rough superhero roleplay?

she raised her hands in a sort of mock surrender - waving them a little as she continued. the woman just barely succeeded at keeping her expression semi-serious.

"
not that i'm judging, of course. nothing wrong with a little story before the action starts - you know?"

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 18:36:26 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Rough Superhero Roleplay? "I don't know..." He considered Cait's words as he turned to face her again. "That's the tone I use when I judge people."

If the other secret identity in the room wasn't going away, hearing them out might have been the most sensible thing to do. Seemingly at the very least, they were keeping up with him which meant their skill had some depth to it.

He had probably had something worth saying so Crimsen would lend his ear, just after this...

He approached their blonde host, remembering the purple smoke that seemed to seep from his shoulder when they'd last seen one another.

The chef might have tried to cut short any socializing, but he'd have to work a little a harder to stop a physical approach. "You seem kind of stiff my man." He put hands on the shoulder that was so suspicious last time.

In a totally friendly attempt to give an effective relaxing massage to the slurpuff's trainer Crimsen tried to apply pressure on the shoulder, careful not to be too rough to draw blood, but maybe, instead something else would come out.

()
Zeraora has Ring Target ()

Crimsen attempts to massage the host

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 4:12:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]

[attr="class","raidName"]05: HELD ITEM

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
ATTACK THE REUNICLUS AND REMOVE ITS HELD ITEM(S).[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

WHEN SENON TOUCHES the man's shoulder, he grits his teeth. His Slurpuff growls, its cherry-like head topper bobbing about frenetically. The chef glares too, voice a hostile current underneath the a river's calm. "don't touch me." [break][break]

He's clearly in pain; yet, no mist or fog disperses from his shoulder. Eventually, he wrestles his arm away.[break][break]

YOU MOVE TO THE FIFTH FLOOR. A lady splattered in paint greets you all with a sloppy brush coated in colour. On the floor, several other paintbrushes rest, pitifully unused, for the Reuniclus that hovers above it much prefers finger painting. Such an inclination is evident from the way its gelatinous hands drip with pigment.[break][break]

The Reuniclus picks up the brushes, at first, like it is a dirty tissue. Although it only as two limbs, it uses its psychic abilities to lift the others. "kalos is a region with so much history! so much art! in particular, i like to pull inspiration from the anistar sundial." The Reuniclus sighs and tightens its hold around the paintbrush. Gorilla grip. "find a way to make my reuniclus drop all of its paintbrushes!"[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"The more we flourish, the more[break]
spotlit we are in the silence of space.[break]
And to our illumine peaks they soar, [break]
Heeded by the ascension they so chase."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 16:12:30 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

()
Fool. Zeraora watched the smaller man stand his ground and his handler in the helmet feigned an apology before returning to their lot.

"Sorry." The vigilante straightened his back as he took hands off the host. He wasn't sure of a next move if he'd actually seen any purple wisps. Having seen nothing, he left well enough alone. Still, this dude was suspicious. "I hate it when people get overly familiar too."

In the fifth room he noted the joyful scene of a reinculus painting. -and painting the Anistar Sundail no less.

In what little he came to know in his time in Kalos it was that nothing in the region was more Kanto than that inexplicable sundial.

Swapping pokémon once he understood the objective he called forth a pokémon that treated combat as much a priority as Zeraora. Albeit one that needed more rigid orders to function.
()

Sizing up the Reinculus it moved swiftly once it had its orders. "Knock Off." With a trained swiftness the Wild Duck pokémon rushed the psychic lashing at its held items with its leek blade.

Sir'fetched has Ring Target ()
Sir'fetched used knock off

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,496 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
TIERED TEA ROOM #12
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 19:58:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I'll talk when this is over.", he told the red-masked man plainly.

When he saw him try to offer a massage to the man, he couldn't help but shake his head. "Smooth.", he remarked.

When it came to the next room, the challenge was simple. Knock the paint brushes out of the grasp of the Reuniclus. The white-masked man had just the thing, Tyce the Sableye.

"Knock Off the brushes.", the masked man ordered.

The Sableye would rush the Reuniclus, before delivering a strike aimed to swipe off one of the brushes in the grasp of the Psychic-type.

tags:
notes: Sableye used Knock Off