Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 2:01:44 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwt"]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]The Tree of Life towered over him as he approached.[break][break]

Often he finds himself curious about the tree's nature, but it still sends out its roots in swathes to ward off prospective threats, killing any personal interests in the tree dead in their tracks. Team Rocket only wanted their people to patrol it as ordered, and to leave the investigation to their professional hires. Still, his eyes tell him enough.[break][break]

It was dense with infinity energy, the lifeblood of pokemon. Whether that was a reflection of what remained housed within that strange world they'd once endeavored to explore, or a direct representation of the tree's latent power, he couldn't be too sure. Just knowing it was rich with the energy was enough to warn him how much Walsh and his scientists must covet this little trove of theirs.[break][break]

He was meeting Rowan here, who had either taken to their duties more seriously, or was still obsessed with a strange northerly wind he'd oft spoke of in recent memory.[break][break]

Adrian wasn't going to pry, though Rowan had already told him enough about what happened in the Tree of Life for him to have an inkling what it was about.[break][break]

"Hey, you done treehugging for now?" He'd call out to them once they fell within sight, hoping to pull him over into a little sidebar for a time, if not abscond with him for most of the evening. All the while he doesn't notice the crystablooms beginning to bud around the tree, fixating himself on the man before him if not the massive, monolithic tree looming over them auspiciously.

[break][break]
[attr="class","adrianwttag"]

[attr="class","adrianwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 5:20:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Why couldn’t he feel the wind anymore? The absence of the presence was almost as though there was a part of himself missing, torn away without explanation. The Tree of Life was the last place he’d felt Suicune’s influence, and yet he couldn’t feel anything as he stood among the gnarled roots once more. “Where did you go…”

The legend appeared before him twice in times of need, the first when he’d slain ’s Machamp and the second when he was laying in the throes of death after he’d been ambushed by .

A connection to the Tree of Life and Xerneas meant they were potentially of another universe, though now having been released into his own. Rowan understood the desire to roam, the need to experience true freedom and explore, but he couldn’t chase away the selfish feelings that plagued him.

Suicune might be the only being to truly understand him, and in these times when he doubted himself and his choices in life, he’d give anything to feel that northern wind once more. To feel seen once again.

“Yeah, sorry.” Rowan pulled his hand away from the bark, turning towards Adrian with a soft smile, forced for their benefit. “Just…a lot on my mind.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 6:15:16 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]"I understand." As time passed, nothing was ever so simple as it was before. The times just got harder.[break][break]

Taking a moment to sidestep an Eggant Berry sapling sprouting out of the ground, he took those few steps closer to Rowan, placing a hand on their shoulder. It was not so comforting as it was acknowledging, and he could feel that between them. There was something like a divide; this wasn't something he could just help them work out.[break][break]

It was for Rowan alone to figure out, or not.[break][break]

"Have you been to the new hatchery yet?" There were many things that he himself hadn't shared with Rowan over the past couple weeks: His exploits at the Fleur Tea Atelier, the number of strange pokemon eggs he'd hatched since, and the surge of infinity energy saturating the land that he and Mars believed to be the cause of it all. Mostly, Rowan and him kept things simple between them as of late.[break][break]

"Maybe you could go visit it after you're done here...?" Getting them away from this place would undoubtedly prove a chore. Rowan simply couldn't help but linger here, the place where it bean, perhaps wondering if he would miss his chance by turning his attention elsewhere. Like blinking as a shooting star passed.[break][break]

"I'm sure you've done all you can here for today." Adrian cannot fault them for the borderline obsessive behavior without being the hypocrite. Distinctly he recalls scaling a mountain, and pledging fealty to a dubious entity, losing more to it than he ever meant to barter away. Those circumstances were as dire as they were different...
[break][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 6:30:47 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’m not sure I have.” Rowan allowed one last glance towards the tree before focusing his attention on Adrian, not allowing the phenomenon to be a distraction from what he’d been needing to discuss with them. “It can wait, though.” A hand slipped into their own, fingers interlacing and pulling them towards a bench that overlooked the waters that surrounded the tree.

“There is something I’ve been…” He sighed, running a hand over his face. “Here, sit.” Rowan sat alongside him, amber eyes fixated on the ground between them. “I was attacked, a week ago.” His words came out shaky, feeling awful for having kept this from Adrian for this long. ambushed me in Petalburg Woods and attempted to kill me, nearly succeeded. She used Giratina to burn me alive…”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 8:35:35 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]Fingers intertwined, they went as a pair to the bench, seating themselves while Rowan struggled to keep a look of discomfort from creeping over his face. Something was up, not that he could be sure what. "Alright, alright."[break][break]

He does as requested, with palpable concern.[break][break]

It's strange to him how Rowan can just drop a bombshell like that without seeming quite so fazed. And why hadn't he heard of this sooner, perhaps at the time? He can only imagine Rowan was not afforded the luxury of time, but... He wishes only that he could have done something, to not feel this blow to the gut as he does now, wondering what Rowan went through because he wasn't around to stop it.[break][break]

And of course it was that powder keg, Katherine. Through her own arbitrations she brandished her authority and power as if without thought of consequence, and he despised that. She, Lars and perhaps even Thomas were precisely the sort of vindictive fools he would never wish a position of power upon, out of fear of what they'd do.[break][break]

And here she was offering the proof to his misgivings...[break][break]

Though perhaps in this, her hostility was a foregone conclusion, and shouldn't be cause for much surprise. Rather than obsess over the specifics, he searches Rowan for visible signs of harm—scars along the skin or some such injuries. Remarkably he doesn't see any on the surface, which beggars belief. Even so, Rowan has a wounded look in his eyes, though whether from keeping secrets or the tribulation he's faced, Adrian couldn't know. Throwing his arms around Rowan, he'd bring them against his shoulder, a gesture made hollow by his inability to do anything about what had already passed.[break][break]

"I'll just try to be glad that you got away at all..."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 0:22:30 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“You won’t find anything.” It was obvious that Adrian was looking for scars, some obvious sign that he’d been viciously attacked. “I was saved by Suicune.” A name that Adrian had heard before, the legend he’d seen in Sootopolis City after the invasion, and the very same one who’d drawn him into the portal at the Tree of Life. “I was nearly unconscious when they appeared, carried me to a river and used their power to heal my wounds.” There was a haunted look in his eyes, as though he still could feel how close he’d come to meeting his maker.

“Katherine said she lured me into the woods and attacked me to send a message, that she’s coming after the plates, and more like me would die if she didn’t get them.” Undoubtedly he’d been chosen as the messenger due to his connection to Gavin and Adrian, who wouldn’t take his demise lightly. “I didn’t even know what they were…until after.” It was the first he’d heard of the plates, imagine his surprise when he was nearly executed for something he didn’t even know existed.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 23:00:37 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]"Why am I only now hearing about this?"[break][break]

There's an wounded look to Adrian, though his eyes quickly dart away dismissively, growing despondent. He was complicit in that lack of communication; how long had he spent his time chasing after Unown, and other esoteric knowledge, while leaving Rowan to fend for himself?
It wasn't like Rowan couldn't manage, and yet...[break][break]

Here they were.[break][break]

Mention of the plates brings his own fragmented one to mind. It was a Sinnoh legend he'd only looked into after having his own piece; something to commemorate their little adventour into Heatran's lair. To think Katherine was pursuing them so viciously... It might explain why she defected, or perhaps not. Rather than share with Rowan the fact he harbored a piece of one, he kept his silence, stroking their hand while he tried to find better words.[break][break]

"Did she think you knew someone who had one?"[break][break]

So far as Adrian recalled, Rowan hadn't even arrived on Hoenn when they began their underground exploits, much less inquire about them. So, what did Katherine know?
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 22:10:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowanwt"]
[attr="class","rowanwtw"]"I wanted to tell you, but..." It hadn't been the easiest to get ahold of Adrian recently, between his obligations to Terravolt and their search for the Unown. Rowan wasn't exactly the most accessible either, between the Sea Mauville project and his own hunt for an illusive legend. He'd let the words drift off, not wanting to finish the sentence and assign blame to either on of them. "I'll try harder next time." Rowan offered a small smile, a promise that he wouldn't let space get between them. [break][break]

"No, she didn't mention anything like that." Rowan shook his head, offering a small sigh. "I didn't even know what they were until I stumbled my way to Gavin's afterwards and he showed me the one he had." An unremarkable hunk of metal, apparently more valuable than his own life. It'd taken all of Rowan to not smash the thing to pieces for what it'd done to him, luckily having been too weak to act on the destructive impulse. "Think she just knew I'd send the biggest message, being your boyfriend and Gavin's brother."
[attr="class","rowanwttag"]
[attr="class","rowanwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowanwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt b] color: #487f8a; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #487f8a!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #487f8a; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #487f8a!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #487f8a; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #487f8a; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WORLDLY WONDERS [M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 2:21:24 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]Gavin had one. Adrian would remember that.[break][break]

"What point is there sending a message to someone who didn't need it..." Katherine must have been harboring her own suspicions, or was privy to something. Did the League keep a record of adventour teams somewhere for her to find? Had someone let it slip?[break][break]

Or was she doubly trying to make Rocket think twice before pursuing her for defecting from the organization?[break][break]

Regardless, Adrian is not usually one to stir the hornet's nest. If it came to it, he would answer force with force. Or at least, that's how he would normally feel in these situations... But something's gnawing at him from the inside, and it begs a more violent response of him.[break][break]

This feeling is compounded by a sense of guilt:[break][break]

"I'll try harder next time."
[break]

Perhaps now Adrian can appreciate Rowan's ceaseless pursuit of Suicune, left feeling at fault for not considering how vital something like this might be to Rowan's safety. He'd treated it like any other vain pursuit, belittling their position. It wasn't fair of him to do that to Rowan.[break][break]

"No one's dying on account of some old ceramic plates. But I don't think she should have them, either..." If she wanted the plates, it was because of something they could do for her. Why oblige, then?[break][break]

They would want to keep them as far from her as possible.