180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
no atheists in foxholes [valor, c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 21:10:23 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
Since the Darkest Day, CJ’d been quite busy. There was an immediate need for medics and aid, and though the life-threatening and emergent worries had fallen off (a bit), there were always follow-up visits, and new hurts to soothe.

They’d set up a little mobile clinic on the outskirts of Lilycove, which they figured was close enough to the epicenter of the action in Sootopolis, while being far enough out of dodge to not tee off any Rockets who want to make lives harder for people (which is what CJ’s general assumption of Team Rocket was: people who thrived on making life harder for other people).

Anyway, organizational loyalties notwithstanding, it was another busy day at the clinic. They were just a tech and not a DVM, so they couldn’t do much in the way of medication, but they could still set breaks and flush wounds, drain abscesses and soothe burns. This late in the game, a lot of people and Pokemon were presenting with old injuries-- stuff that was festering, foul, and stubborn to heal.

CJ’d just finished debriding an oral wound on a Sandile and was setting their instruments in order as their patient woke up (reptilians never did anything fast). They’d set aside some time to go out amongst the masses and pester some of their patients to see how they’d been doing.

dawn of a new day: medic
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 14:22:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was easy to stay cooked up in League HQ, fiddling away on papers upon papers of useless information that meant less than dirt to the general masses. It would've been easier to use VALOR as a front to hide behind a veil of 'action' and make those on the ground commit to the bulk of the work, all while she continued her fiddlings from afar, safe and cozy behind the Mahogony desk of newly built office.
[break][break]
But, if Penelope wanted the easy route out, she would've kept to reporting. Buckled down in a pair of safari beige shorts and a cameo green tank, the councilwoman could be found racing up and down the tents, greeting and assisting incoming and outgoing patients the best way she knew how. Sometimes that meant offering brief conversations, while other times it meant holding one's arm in place as a medic stitched up their wound.
[break][break]
As she finished up giving a passing tepig a couple of oran berries for being such a strong willed pokemon, the woman took one too many steps backwards into what felt like a...
[break][break]
"Oh, sorry about that." Spinning back around to face the victim of her carelessness, the councilwoman gave a sheepish smile and head wave, "Hope I didn't hurt you too much?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @cj[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
oh, i was lost, but now i am found
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 22:26:30 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
CJ wouldn’t last long in bureaucracy. Inactivity made them itch. Paperwork made their eyes cross. Working in a nuanced field like vetmed did mean they had more respect for the subtlety of politicians-- knew that not every battle was won on-site, sword in hand-- but, in that same vein, they were, at their core, a jump first and ask questions later kind of person.

Having seen the groggy but conscious Sandile off with its trainer, CJ headed out into the relief camp proper, carting a kit full of emergency med supplies, food, and water. They made a few brief stops to check up on some prior patients to see who was curing up well (and following instructions) and who wasn’t.

They’d just sent off a Litten with a well-healed abscess when someone bumped into them from behind; they startled and spun, almost elbowing their accidental assailant with the force of their turn. “Shit! Sorry. Are you okay?”

She didn’t seem much the worse for wear-- a slight flush over her cheeks that matched the ruby of her hair-- and bright golden eyes that winced in apology.

“No, I’m fine,” CJ said, tempted to squint because they knew they recognized this lady, but how? “No harm done. Can I help you with anything?”

dawn of a new day: medic

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 23:58:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Good, good..."
[break][break]

A sigh of relief came out as she realized neither was harmed, nor peeved off by the other. Just a harmless collision barely avoided by their quick reaction.
[break][break]
Giving her pants a small pat, she dusted off whatever crumbs of dust kicked up onto her knees before placing her hands on hands, eyes busy with giving the person in front of them a quick lookover. They appeared to be another volunteer, similar to her. "Not really, I'm just running around trying to help whoever I can." Lifting her shoulders into a shrug, she continues, a smile now playing on her lips. "So, the better question is: can I help you with anything?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
oh, i was lost, but now i am found
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 17:07:07 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
CJ met the resolute gaze of the other volunteer with a bright one of their own. “Commendable of you,” CJ said, gesturing to the chaos of the camp around them. "We could always use more volunteers.”

They slung their pack over their shoulder and cocked their head.

"I’m doing rounds to check on some patients,” they said, turning to walk towards their next mark, "you’re welcome to join. It’s been quiet so far so, here’s hoping.”

They frowned, then.

"I prooobably just jinxed us, but. I’m CJ.”

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:17:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

To that, Penelope smiled, grateful their encampments were being run by such kind-hearted people. It made for much smoother operations.
[break][break]
"I would actually love to join."
[break][break]
Soft footsteps trailed beside CJ as the councilwoman took up their side, walking with them toward their next mark.
[break][break]
"Penelope."
[break][break]
She would've offered her hand, but they were midwalk, so instead, she just continued to smile.
[break][break]
"Pleasure to meet you. Even if you just jinxed us."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:39:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: