4,376 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 4:35:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
did she have a plan to deal with the danger?

”yes, sort of—“

then mars came in with his own experience. lulu eyed over at him.

”wormholes have been nearly impossible to create after the war. it does indeed seem to be sealed in a way it wasn’t before.” she knew because she’d stayed on top of research, exploring her own methods quietly in hopes to one day explore other dimensions, despite her brother’s disapproval. but now, others were trying. now was the time she’d been waiting for. now her ideas could see the light of day.

”but it is possible. we do know that.” a hole had indeed opened up to reveal necrozma on the other side.

she wondered whose attempt mars had joined in to open the wormhole. cillian? no, it would have never been him…

”we also know that palkia and dialga are under attack, so of course, when someone rips a hole into their dimension, they are likely to fire back in defense. i would recommend we send them a message first, to tell them we’re coming, before we try to squeeze our way into their realm.”

”i have a few theories on how to open the gates, so to speak. the most likely, i think, is bronzong. there's something about the frequency of its chime that leads me to believe that old legends are true. it can open portals, and that power just needs to be unlocked.” how? they would figure it out.

”as for sending a message, i’ve been working on a patch for porygon-z since the war. supposedly, it was being developed for dimensional travel, but the project was abandoned. i picked it up, and now it's almost complete. i'll do what i can to make it less detectable, so it isn't immediately destroyed on its way in.” hopefully. ”in addition to alerting palkia and dialga, it’ll be able to assess its environment, report back, and let us know what else is out there waiting for us.”

”then, we go in.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 9:25:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's never liked the idea of Ultra Space. After seeing it struggle to hold itself together, after feeling the chill of Giratina's breath threatening his lungs, he can't imagine eagerly subjecting himself to dimensional exploration.

He has not openly discouraged his sister's research, but he's privately warned her of the risks.

Now, though? Hearing her talk of it with fervour and excitement and progress? He smiles, not an underboss to a head scientist but a brother to a sister who's made him so damn proud.

His anxieties will never stand in the way of her brilliance.

"If anyone could do it, it's you." There's nothing facetious about the words. "And. Count me in."

He's not going to make his sister face this alone.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 13:39:25 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

This is ’s area of expertise, and while Mars may sometimes have his doubts about her when it comes to other things, when it comes to physics and the space-time continuum he trusts her opinion wholeheartedly. He doubts anyone in Hoenn has been as dedicated to studying Ultra Space as her. It’s clearly her passion, and that much is made obvious when she explains her plan to them.
[break][break]
Mars glances as Gavin then, wondering exactly what is going on through his fellow underboss’ mind. He remembers well the last conversation they had about the Three Day War.
[break][break]
”I always wondered if those stories about Bronzong were true.” Psychic types are one of Mars’ own specialties, but beyond that, Bronzong are native to Sinnoh, and as such, they’re neatly tied to its religion. The sound of Bronzong’s chime always brings back memories, most of them unkind.
[break][break]
”I’m in too.” There is no question about it, no hesitation. Mars may think Ultra Space to be dangerous, but if this is what it takes to bring Dialga back, then there is no other choice. ”Let me know if you need the Unown’s assistance… or anything else. I have a couple of Bronzong of my own.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
SETTING: Post-Cyberchase 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,376 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 3:23:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her brother’s full support made her light up—for the briefest moment, before she noted who else was sitting right there in the room with them. she swallowed her grin, trapping it behind the steely facade she wore like a pristine lab coat.

”thank you both for your support. i will certainly alert you when the experiments commence.”

her gaze turned on mars, a twinkle of joy in them still not entirely diffused.

”i am curious how they might react to the unown; however, i intend to first introduce them to my poipole. my hope is that meeting something from ultra space will inspire them. as for your bronzong, of course, the more, the merrier.”

she blinked, and the twinkle was gone. her eyes passed between them again.

”once we reach ultra space, dialga and palkia’s struggle will hardly be the only thing to tend to. what are your thoughts on the cloud?”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 9:15:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
However brief that spark in his sister's gaze, Gavin sees it and relishes it. A glimpse of the girl she'd been beneath the woman she'd grown into. Perhaps she'd never find true happiness, but to provide even the slightest hint of joy was a win in his book.

already knows they're siblings, but doesn't know that he knows and Gavin doesn't want to ruin a good moment by breaking that news, so he keeps his own glee to himself. Maybe they'll talk about it later, over drinks as they so often seemed to.

"I'll lend my own to the cause, as well," he says of Bronzong. "And my Ultra Beast, if they seem taken by them."

He did enjoy the Stakataka's company, even if he didn't utilize it in battle the way he did his shadows. It hung out in his laboratory, often times, watching him work with its many eyes.

His nose wrinkles at mention of The Cloud.

"I think Martín is better equipped to handle it than I am. The Unown seem to bear some connection to it."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 3:15:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The mention of the Cloud brings bitter reminders to him, but it also awakens his curiosity. For obvious reasons, he too had been thinking quite a lot about it.
[break][break]
”The Cloud is dangerous.” That much is obvious to all of them. They had all almost died in that place. In fact, had it not been for the Unown doing whatever it is that they did to him back then, they probably wouldn’t be here today. is right about the symbols’ connection to cyberspace. ”But… I have considered looking for ways to go back. There’s a lot that could be of use to us there, especially if Maldacena’s claims about it being a “backup of all data in this world” are true.”
[break][break]
Knowledge is power, that’s something the three of them are well aware of.
[break][break]
”Have you thought of a way to access it?” He asks then, his attention fixed on her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
SETTING: Post-Cyberchase 🌟[break]
Sorry for the delay! Life hit me and I forgot it was my turn ;-;

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,376 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 9:00:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
gavin’s offer was answered with a nod, and she agreed with mars. the cloud could be a lot of use to them, indeed. it made her wonder, though, was it a trap, or was he really in it for rocket’s gain? regardless, with him, they likely had a better chance of getting there.

”agreed.”

as for how to do it, she answered with confidence, ”porygon. they were using them in the cloud. if the multiverse is truly constructed of data, then porygon should be capable of traversing all of it, with the proper programming.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 17:51:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Now where are we going to find someone good at programming?" He's teasing, his amber eyes bright as he glances at his sister. "Shouldn't be a problem for you, I'd imagine."

He won't be of much use in this, he knows, but it doesn't bother him to allow the other two to take the reins.

"I can lend Porygon as well as anything else we might need. I've been stocking our storeroom with all kinds of Pokémon." It had become a personal project of sorts; that, and it was easier to let the organization bear the responsibility of feeding the many mouths he'd obtained as a result. He had enough to deal with when it came to his shadows.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 4:02:37 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

He has never been a big fan of Porygon.
[break][break]
Technology is full of wonders, that much is true, and Mars will always be appreciative of just how much they can get it to do. But, making that tech sentient? Purposefully unshackled AIs? Not his thing, thank you very much. He prefers tech he can fully control.
[break][break]
Still, Lulu has a point: the Cloud is full of Porygon. It’s made of data too, and it’s clear that Maldacena had at least used the Virtual Pokémon to some extent within cyberspace – even if just as funny-looking guard dogs.
[break][break]
”Hmm…I like that. A program compatible with the Cloud is our best bet when it comes to establishing a connection. If you need me to help with anything, just let me know.”
[break][break]
Or rather, his Unown’s help.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
SETTING: Post-Cyberchase 🌟[break]
Sorry for the delay! Life hit me and I forgot it was my turn ;-;

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,376 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 12:10:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
gavin’s faith in her was difficult not to smile at, to feel warm with a sense of accomplishment, of having already proven herself. so often lately, there had been the nagging feeling of falling behind the constant shifting of what they understood about the world. her brother’s confidence righted any such self-doubt.

and besides, this was something she knew. something she was really good at. her roots. she had returned to them more lately.

”i’ll take all of them i can get my hands on.”

as for mars’ unvoiced distrust in porygon, he might’ve been in good company, only a couple of years ago. still, lulu did what she could to enforce a ban on rotom within the labs for similar reasons. a need for control. yet, porygon were special to her, for the particular purpose of their creation. over time, she had come to trust them within the labs.

she nodded, ”thank you.” and after a moment, she stood, eyes passing between them. ”if neither of you have any questions, that’s all from me. i’ll keep you both updated.”