4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 23:02:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
it was two days after the events of cyberchase conundrum. she’d been especially busy—though not in the way she normally was. the bare skeleton of her rocket was built, that project now at a standstill. part of rocket’s submarine lab was still in the process of being rebuilt since ’s escape via a mysterious psychic pokémon.

much of her time had been spent in her office, journaling every piece of information she could recall from her time spent in the cloud. dialga. palkia. arceus. ultra space. she had seen what was happening to their world from a god’s eye view.

she approached her brother’s office, heels clicking with brisk, deliberate steps. now that all her thoughts were logged, she was back to being in a hurry as usual.

passing by his receptionist as usual without a word, she soon knocked at his door.

”it’s flint.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 0:29:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Poor Ellis is, at the very least, accustomed to 's business-like attitude and lack of conversation. The moment the head scientist passes by, the overworked college student sends a message to Gavin.

"Lulu's here." is already in the office; seeing as their spaces were adjacent, it had been all too easy for the other underboss to cross the hall. He doesn't bother with Flint, not when Mars already knows the truth. "Gonna let her in."

The door swings open on its own as the FAIRY LOCK fades.

Where the office of Underboss Merlino is ordinarily cold and cruel, its atmosphere is offset today by the absence of Lugia's suffocating PRESSURE and the quick smirk that Gavin offers as he gestures Lulu into the room. The Sylveon dozing in his lap glances up when the door opens, but loses interest upon seeing a familiar face.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 1:08:05 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The reasons for this meeting are known, expected, and agreed upon. His own experience in The Cloud is something he had written about in detail in the report that had been forwarded to most of Team Rocket’s top brass. The visit to cyberspace had given him as many answers as it had created new questions, and where the Creation Trio is concerned, the latter far outweighs the former.
[break][break]
"Lulu's here."

[break]
Not ‘Flint’. Not now that Mars is aware of the relationship between the head scientist and . He simply nods, leaning back on the chair he usually takes when visiting his fellow underboss’ office, and when steps into the room, it’s with a slight smile that he greets her.
[break][break]
”Do you want to start?”
[break][break]
Straight to business. Yet, Mars can’t help but wonder if she has read his report, if she has a clue about what the Unown did. “Told you so.” is probably what Lulu would say to him. Again.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
SETTING: Post-Cyberchase 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 14:08:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
immediately, she felt the pressure of lugia, like an ominous, cold breeze suddenly hitting her face when the door opened. her eyes looked over her brother’s shoulder for the window, knowing she would see it there, staring back. but then it swam away.

a crisp amber stare, uncannily similar to gavin’s, regarded mars for a long, careful moment. ”mr. del mar,” she greeted after a beat, before her attention finally fell on rocket’s senior underboss. ”mr. merlino.”

she found a familiar seat, and settled into it. offered the floor, her chin raised an inch.

”there is plenty to discuss, of course, but in particular, i’ve requested this meeting with both of you because of our mutual interest in dialga. i saw it in the cloud, along with palkia. they are surely the reason for many of the things currently happening in our world, from the spacetime distortions, to the things that happened in sootopolis during our takeover.”

she paused.

”but of course, i’m also curious about what you both saw.” her eyes passed to again, distrusting. ”i did read your report.” and i told you so.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 16:51:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He knows, Gavin wants to say, to put an end to unnecessary formality between the three of them. But there's something in 's gaze when she looks at that keeps him quiet.

Maybe not just yet.

"I saw what Martín did, and collaborated with him on the report." There had been moments where his fellow underboss was far from normal, and so Gavin had filled in the blanks. They'd been together, for the most part. "The eggs, the Unown." So many Unown.

Gavin leans his weight against his desk as he angles forward.

"I have seen Dialga before, though." He'd made a report for that, too, detailing his experience in a bizarre midnight time glitch. "Years ago, now."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 3:25:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Dialga.
[break][break]
Having grown up in Sinnoh, Mars had spent his childhood reading tales about it and Palkia, and when his life had become as if a living nightmare, thoughts of Dialga had felt like the promise of better days. Now, it’s different. Now they need Dialga for the sake of Team Rocket – for the sake of Hoenn.
[break][break]
Or, so Mars would claim, at least.
[break][break]
In his heart of hearts, his reasons for this interest of his may still be the same they were once.
[break][break]
”Huh… You did?” Mars asks at the mention of meeting Dialga, wondering if this was the same instance his sister had told him about. He looks at for confirmation, but his thoughts wonder about her speculations. He had thought something similar after a few of his experiences within the space-time distortions.
[break][break]
”I think you may be right about Dialga and Palkia. I think the Dark Triad may have done something. When we saw them in the fourth terminal they looked… different from what I expected – from the usual iconography. I think those may have been their original forms.”
[break][break]
Is the Dark Triad controlling the deities of time and space?
[break][break]
The thought concerns him.
[break][break]
”Maldacena could have made all that up, obviously, but why else would Hoenn be the way it is right now? It feels like the only way to mend the region is with their power.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 2:17:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
martin? it took her a second, before she realized that he meant mr. del mar, which is what she had always referred to him as. her gaze panned briefly between them again. not everyone on the sub did the whole last names bit, but it was professional wasn’t it? they didn’t call the boss declan.

about dialga, she almost reminded him that they’d spoken about it before, but refrained. not suspicious at all. this was her brother, right?

”well, it’s definitely out there.”

her attention turned to mars, who seemed to have arrived at the same conclusion she had about palkia and dialga. something told her they were not in this for the same things, but had they ever been?

now, she wondered if he didn’t want them simply to kill them. to strangle them like the hands of arceus had meant to, and end their world—or at least their region. and if he didn’t want to, would the unown he kept around convince him to do it anyways?

an act of god?

”they’re fighting. they know something’s wrong, but something is also after them. something gold and white, and given our collective reports, i would reason to guess that thing is arceus.” honestly, she didn’t care if that one died. it had served its purpose to them, and now it was a dangerous nuisance.

”the unown follow it. they’re linked, somehow.” other nuisances.

her amber eyes turned again.

”how are you feeling, mr. del mar?”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 2:56:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I did." already knows, and so Gavin directs his answer at . "There was some sort of temporal glitch. This was back when I still lived in Fallarbor. Went out for a smoke and ended up in Hoenn's history." He laughs, dry. "Dialga set things right."

He makes a mental note to forward that report to Mars, so that his fellow underboss can catch up on what he'd seen during that night's events. Oblivious to his sister's assumption that he's an imposter, Gavin continues, "I can confirm that the Dialga I saw bore little resemblance to what we saw in the fourth terminal. Of course, it could have been a different Pokémon that I saw, but its visage aligned with what myths I've since read."

He frowns. Something's troubling him. "If Arceus is the Original One, then why would it be after its own creations?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 3:28:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Huh. Yeah, I heard something about all that… Sounds like a trip. In more than one way, but even Mars is in no mood to be properly amused by jokes like that. It had been who had told him about her own experience with Dialga, but just like how at the time she had not shared that her brother had had a similar experience, he won't share their own discussion if she doesn’t want him to. That’s how it is with things like these.
[break][break]
He simply turns his attention to her then, and at the mention of something white and gold that is connected to the Unown, he frowns slightly.
[break][break]
”If it’s connected to the Unown, then it must be Arceus.”
[break][break]
She had probably reached the same conclusion he had. She probably also wonders if the Unown speak for The Original One.
[break][break]
They both are a little too good at speculating, after all. Too good at coming up with hypothesis after hypothesis, many of which sound credible to them. So many that eventually, inevitably, some of their theories are proven right, and that fuels the fires that push this endless cycle forward.
[break][break]
Even now, when she asks him how he’s doing, he wonders why. He wonders why she knows so much. He wonders if she may have been sent by the Dark Triad to take back what they never meant for him to have. She had been the only person to warn him about the Unown Report from the start.
[break][break]
Peachy, thanks for asking.” At that, there is a smile, but it comes closely followed by a sigh. He’s not peachy. ”Honestly, Flint, I also only know about the Unown’s connection to Arceus because of what we saw in The Cloud. I could ask them about it, but they only communicate with me through the Unown Report… I think they have been trying to communicate with me like that since we came back from the Tree of Life.”
[break][break]
”Like I told you, but you didn’t believe me back then.” He doesn’t voice this part, turning his attention to instead. He looks at both of them.
[break][break]
”It could be possible that the Dark Triad thinks they’re doing as Arceus wills. Zealots. But, yeah, that doesn’t answer Gavin’s question: what does Arceus want with Dialga and Palkia? Nothing has ever pointed to it being very interested in intervening with things…”
[break][break]
The irony that he’s talking to two avatars, who follow the will of deities of their own, does not elude him. It's something he wonders about himself too: do the Unown want him to do as they will? Is that the will of Arceus too?

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 0:42:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
dialga and palkia didn’t look the same as they had pictured? ”well, the ones i saw looked like what we’re accustomed to. could be different pokémon, or different forms.”

mars agreed with her theory. she refrained from an ’i just said that’, merely nodding over at him. indeed, she’d always been good at speculating. paranoia ran deep. it had been the reason for her suspicion from the beginning, when the mysterious devices had appeared. it was the reason she had dug to discover the code within them: dark triad.

but this? she had seen this. she had seen the unown move with the appendages of arceus, with her own eyes. this was no speculation. this was fact.

she would not have the dark triad steer her away, if that’s what he was.

about mars’ communication with the unown, she responded, ”i see. well, that certainly sounds distressing, but surely you didn’t get where you are without being good under pressure. i’m glad to hear you’re feeling well.”

and to the rest, ”i think it’s trying to stop them from fixing whatever’s happening to our region. perhaps so we’re extinguished as a threat to the rest of what it built. as we’ve been made aware, unless we stop it, we’re on the course to ending literally everything. why would arceus not stop its creations from enabling the destruction of its life’s work?”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 2:51:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Different forms," Gavin echoes, frowning. "The distortions have been turning up all sorts of interesting anomalies. Perhaps the Dialga of our world is not the same as what was seen in the terminal." Or were the deities of creation above all of the multiverse, lording over it? Was that weird creature really Arceus?

Once, he'd have thought the very idea ridiculous, but he's more willing to suspend disbelief after more than a year of being Lugia's chosen.

Simmering tension in the room between his friend and sister does not go unnoticed, but Gavin has no desire to attempt mediation.

"If there's more than one Palkia or Dialga, that could also explain why they're fighting against the inevitable. It would mean their end, too, if they're tied to our world."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 11:49:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

If a couple of years ago Mars had been told that one day he’d sit and theorise about the actions of the gods of creation, he would have laughed and said he was no follower of the Church of Arceus. His life had taken a lot of unexpected turns since then, and slowly but surely, things had led to the point where this is a natural conversation. Funny how that works, huh?
[break][break]
”I hadn’t considered that there might be more than one pair of Dialga and Palkia, but that’d make sense.” He agrees with Gavin, mostly musing out loud on the implication of this new theory. ”If they too want to ensure Hoenn survives, then that means we could collaborate with them… At this point it’s starting to sound more and more like the only way to truly fix all of this is with the intervention of at least one of them.”
[break][break]
If the League does manage to deal with the meteor, then what?
[break][break]
The Dark Triad will only keep trying to destroy them.
[break][break]
”That would leave the problem of reaching them.” His gaze wanders to Lulu then, because reaching Dialga is something that had already been discussed by the two of them. ”Do you think it’s possible?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 1:57:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
palkia and dialga, if tied to their universe, were fighting for their own lives and realms as well. that would make sense, while raising plenty of other questions.

”i agree,” she responded after mars, and her attention turned to him again at his question. it was both exciting and worrisome, because by working together, it’d mean that they’d all have access to the gods—even him, and by extension perhaps, the dark triad.

did she think it was possible?

”i do.”

but how?

”i think we have to go to ultra space.” a pause. ”and i think i may know how to do it.”

after a moment, she dared to look back at her brother. they were in the wake of necrozma’s attack, and they knew another one lingered, waiting to pry its way back into their world through the smallest tear in their dimensional barrier. what would he think?
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 3:14:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Ultra Space.

He's shared his brief experience with the dimension with his sister, enough that he's sure she understands his trepidation. Still, if it was a choice between facing Ultra Space again or the end of the world...

"It could still be unstable." It had felt wrong when they'd seen it, as if it were struggling to hold itself together. "Which means it could be incredibly dangerous. Do you have a plan for how to deal with that?"

He has faith in his sister, especially when she displays such confidence in her ability to reach the Ultra Space dimension, but he's not so sure of their safety.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
storm cloud
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 3:59:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ultra Space.
[break][break]
In the past, Mars had never cared much about it beyond his inevitable curiosity, but that had changed after receiving accounts of the events that took place at The Cloud’s fifth terminal. The same terminal had found herself at. and had painted a clear picture for him.
[break][break]
”Ultra Space being unstable is almost a given, I’d say.” Mars immediately agrees with , and at this point, he makes a decision to reveal something he hadn’t shared with them just yet. ”It’s also sealed.”
[break][break]
How does he know this?
[break][break]
”See, a few months back I joined an attempt to open an Ultra Wormhole just to see if this was something the Unown could do. Between the efforts of all the pokémon we gathered, we managed to open a small rift… and then we were immediately attacked by something incredibly powerful. That must have been Palkia or maybe even Dialga… The rift closed immediately, obviously.”
[break][break]
Mars sighs then, pausing for a moment before looking at Lulu again.
[break][break]
”As far as I know, no one could open Ultra Wormholes, but one did appear when Necrozma attacked. Is that what you mean?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]