Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
attack of the killer larvesta [M]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 6:43:35 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
It is one things when Genny finds herself waking up an hour before her shift, as her alarm didn't go off, but it's quite another when messages to the rangers about her building. Why? Because the landlord was very mean! He allowed a whole swarm of Larvesta to attack his apartment's sewage system! Genny spent the entire morning, unable to shower! Her hair was a mess, her face was riddled with sweat, and she had to do the best make-up job she could.

But with puffy cheeks, she sat in her normal Ranger attire, red jacket, black knee socks, red shoes, red scrunchy for her hair... she was hopeful her call for help would get attention.

She does! But now comes the problem. How does she tell the attending Ranger what was going on? As she places a fist on her chin in a thinking position, behind her Mr. Business apes the same position as the duo wait outside the establishment. Sure, she was cleaning up the Larvesta problem without free rent, but that was fine! At least then she could shower.

After today she was going to take a long, hot bath. So with herself checking her watch- 9:30AM -she awaits the arrival, a smile on her slightly glossed lips. Her Azurill and Eevee sit on her shoulders now, as she waits patiently.

Hopefully they were nice enough?

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".genny"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny b"]color:#FF4500; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny i"]color:#DAA520; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 11:09:48 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttitle"]

[attr="class","marshallpostbody"]

Being a Ranger was different than Marshall's expectations of the job. Instead of spending every day outdoors to wrestle with one problematic Pokémon or another, he had spent the majority of the last couple of weeks since his induction indoors, reading. The manuals were mostly about Pokémon, from basic information every child grew up knowing to more complex information about Pokémon physiology, abilities, and habitats.[break][break]

Though much of it was interesting, Marshall found himself growing stir crazy. That was why, when the call came to check out a Larvesta infestation in an apartment complex in the Outskirts, he jumped on the opportunity to volunteer.[break][break]

However, he had not expected to find a fellow Ranger waiting for him in front of the building. Marshall had seen her once or twice at headquarters before, but they had never formally introduced themselves to each other.[break][break]

"Oh, it's you," he said, the surprise plain on his face. "Genny, right? I didn't think your shift had started yet." He clearly did not know she had made the call to headquarters in the first place.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: For the Swarm

[attr="class","marshallpostpkmn"]

[attr="class","marshallpostcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".marshallpost"]--accent:#D45A40;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttitle"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 8:40:27 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
With a big ol' grin ear to ear, Genny looks at the man before her. He's nice looking enough, he's definitely got a plain face, but she likes it. But when he makes a note of her shift, well...

With a tongue out, and a fist towards her head, she makes a motion to lightly bonk her head. "You got me! This is where I live!" It's honestly not a glamorous building. It's age depicts rot, maitenance not really keeping track of it, and it seems like the kind of place dealers go often to sling drugs around.

Of course a Larvesta attack would hit here, but the woman before Marshall was nothing like that all.

"So I woke up, found my studio was covered in Larvesta, and with Mr. Business, Bubbles, and Serenity, we hopped out the window!" That was a pretty clear explanation, as she gets a little closer, bouncing on her shoes as she looks the guy up and down. Her hands clap together. "Please help. I haven't even taken a bath today!" She was begging, she could even get on her knees!

Mr. Business behind her is on his Darmantian knees, the gorilla also simulating the praying as if to beg for his help as well.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 13:20:10 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Whatever Marshall had imagined of Genny from the brief glimpses of her at headquarters, a rundown apartment complex had not been high on the list of possible residences. He frowned at the thought of her living in such a dangerous neighborhood, but a glance at her Pokémon reassured him that they were powerful protectors.[break][break]

"So you submitted the report this morning," he concluded. "And you hopped out of the window? How high up is your apartment?" Marshall craned his neck to look up at the building's several stories.[break][break]

But he supposed it did not matter.[break][break]

"Anyway, of course I'll help. We're coworkers, after all." It still felt weird to say that, to put himself in the mindset of having colleagues and coworkers when, in the past, all he had were rivals. Fellow athletes who all wanted the same thing: to win, at all costs. "Lead the way."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttitle"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 7:09:43 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Straight-faced, no cap, Genny responds in perhaps the most innocent way possible to his question, the neck craning only adding to the ridiculousness. "Fourth floor, why?" It wasn't a problem for Mr. Business. If anything, she didn't see it as anything wrong. In fact...

All she can do is smile wide towards him, when he agrees to help, as she gets giddy, and opens the door into the apartment space. "Okay! I'll take you to the nest! I think I saw it? Idunno, it looked pretty nesty..." she places a finger upon her chin, before beginning her ascent up the stairs towards the fourth floor.

This place just... does not improve from the interior. It is every bit as rundown as its exterior. There's safety violations far as the eye can see. No wonder they nest here.

"Thank you so much, by the way! So when did you join the Rangers, anyways? I don't think I've seen you around!"

It was idle chit-chat as they rounded the stairs.
Mr. Business behind her is on his Darmantian knees, the gorilla also simulating the praying as if to beg for his help as well.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 12:41:33 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Marshall followed Genny into the apartment building and up the stairs to the fourth floor. The condition of the building did not improve at all, and pity for the poor girl and her situation grew in his heart.[break][break]

"I joined back in October," he replied, happy for the distraction of small talk. "Rangering is not my only job, though, so I haven't really been around HQ except for my training. What about you? When did you join?"[break][break]

Finally, they reached the fourth floor landing. Marshall automatically looked around to see if he could identify the Larvesta nest, but with everything so dilapidated, it could be anywhere.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 1:34:26 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
There's a blink. So they joined at the same time! "October! We joined at the same time, neat!" She coos out, as they reach the fourth floor landing. This person was interesting at least.

As they did get to the fourth floor, Genny begins walking forward without much care in the world. Knowing well enough that the nest was in her own apartment. "Oh, ignore the neighbor! He's probably out this time of day anyways!" She didn't go into detail on that. Best not to think about it.

The door opens as Genny unlocks it, and... well, the sheer state of the studio apartment was just abyssmal. There were clothes on the floor, the sink had dishes stacked upon dishes, the fridge was rundown with this disturbing humming, and worst of all, there was this smell. Mold? She was living with MOLD?!

Seven Larvesta peek up and look to the two Rangers from the table that they had eaten clean through.

Genny cries out. "I just got that from Good Will! NO!" She's teary-eyed, as she eyes Marshall. With a quick jump in, Mr. Business the Darmantian comes in and slaps one of them with a HAMMER ARM.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 0:57:35 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Whatever Marshall had expected in terms of mess, Genny's apartment far exceeded it. A hand instantly flew to his nose to pinch it shut against the intense smell of mold permeating it.[break][break]

"Holy shit," he choked, running to a window to open it so a fresh breeze could circulate the air inside. "What happened here?"[break][break]

Then Genny shrieked, and he saw the Larvesta huddled around the remains of her kitchen table just as her Darmanitan swung at one of them. Adrenaline shot through Marshall as panic took hold. He released one of his Pokémon at random, not thinking. His Archeops emerged in a flash of light and colorful feathers.[break][break]

"Blitz! Get the Larvesta with WING ATTACK!" Marshall yelled.[break][break]

Mere moments later, and at least one Larvesta lay unconscious on the floor after a vicious swat from Blitz's wing.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 23:01:23 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Genny did not take offense at all. In fact, she only thought he meant the Larvesta, and not the rest of the scene. She responds. "Them!" She's tearing up. And Mr. Business doesn't take kindly to seeing his protectee crying.

As one of the Larvesta are battered and thrown to the floor, Marshall's Archeops makes quick work of another. And the Darmanitan nods, as it goes for another, choking the life, as its swarmed by another three. So does Blitz, now having four Larvesta attempting to chew on the rock bird's body.

That table cost at least fifty dollars at Good Will.

"Mr. Business, throw'em out the window!" And with it, the Darmanitan grabs one of them, and proceeds to use his opposable thumbs to throw it out the window. Genny is still sniffling hard. This day was just not fun at all!

At least she had good company.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 15:23:16 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Blitz was a flurry of feathers and claws as he smacked the Larvesta off his body. They lay in a pile around him, unconscious thanks to the heavy pelting from his wings. Marshall scooped them up before Genny's Darmanitan could throw them out the window, popping them into Poké Balls he'd brought with him from Ranger headquarters.[break][break]

"That should be all of them," he said afterward, looking around the apartment to confirm his statement. "I'll get the ones outside and bring them back to HQ so Tam and the others can… do whatever it is they do."[break][break]

Frankly, he still wasn't familiar with all the processing the Rangers had to do with the wild Pokémon they obtained.[break][break]

"Are you okay, though?" Marshall asked Genny, noticing the tears on her cheeks.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 22:53:11 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
With the bug threat dismantled, and taken care of, Marshall makes the the statement. They were handled, which was well and great, as they can find a place for the Larvesta. The situationw as fine, though the same could not be said for the table.

For fallen furniture, all that remains is potential firewood. But that table doesn't even look good enough for that. Hazel eyes droop down, as she turns towards Marshall, her short and small four foot eleven frame trying its best to hold it together.

And then the sun comes back, as she gives him a small smile.

"I'll be okay. It was a cheap table." It was also her first paycheck-gotten table. "Thank you! Um- oh. I actually don't know your name." She felt awful. So proper introductions are in order. She holds her hand out in thanks. "Genevieve Cromwell. Call me Genny!"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 4:07:45 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Relief washed over Marshall. Genny had looked so upset by the loss of her dining table, though he had to admit, it had been a flimsy table. She was better off buying a sturdier one. Though, if he had to be honest, she was better off finding a new apartment.[break][break]

"I'm Marshall Connor," he replied, shaking her hand. "It's nice to formally meet you, Genny, even though it wasn't the best circumstance."[break][break]

He looked around, as if to emphasize his point.[break][break]

"Your shift is supposed to start soon, right? Why don't I leave you to get ready, and head back to get these Larvesta taken care of?" In truth, the sooner he got out of that apartment, the better he'd feel. "I'll see you at HQ soon."[break][break]

With a wave to Genny, Marshall recalled Blitz into the Archeops' Poké Ball and headed out the door. Once he was far enough away from the odious scent, he gasped for fresh air and bolted out of the building as fast as he could.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 6:42:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: