she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
64 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanessarosiello
vanessa rosiello
The Wounds We Mend | Closed | Social | Josh
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 11:06:34 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
It was midday in the PokeCenter in Oldale Town, as a small crowd happened to be near some of the extended couches around the wall would rest a small stature teenager, carrying some bruises and branches covering her attire. She was brushing them off with one hand as her other was busy being bandaged by a nearby Chansey. "Agh! Jeez, not so tight! I'm not some mummy." The girl said, blowing off leaves from her bangs. The Chansey finished up while she'd have her one leg rested up on the table, with some parts of her suit damaged a bit with some scratches and an ice pack or two. A Nursey Joy would come out after a while and help disperse the worried crowd before looking down at the teenager below her and giving an exasperated sigh. "You really should consider landing before you start trying to show off to people." The younger girl groaned in response while tilting her head back on the cushion while bearing the discomfort of a landing gone wrong. "That fence just appeared before I landed...And for your information, I do land that trick...sometimes." She pouted up at the Nurse Joy that laughed to herself, giving her an ice pack for her head while the Chansey would finish bandaging the arm. "Just please be more careful in the future. Every time you end up practicing, somebody drags you inside of here." The Nurse Joy said before returning to her duties.

The girl was Vanessa Rosiello, although she was better known by her racing name, Sonikku. The achey girl was soon joined by the top half of a Gengar, poking its through the couch as a grin was painted on its face. "GenGen!" A hand fall on top of the ghost Pokemon's head as her ice pack covered head wouldn't ever move. "Yeah, well, I thought that somebody was going to help break my fall." Sonikku moved the ice pack before looking down as the two stared at one another for a moment or so, after which, the duo would break out into laughter while the girl hugged her partner again. "Glad you're okay, though." After that, the girl would spend her time idly messing with her phone while relaxing a little after her accident. The Gengar spent its time hovering above the couch, wandering around the lobby, or fetching chips or drinks for his owner as they split the snack together.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 5:28:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Full restoration, please," Josh requested of the Nurse Joy operating the Pokémon Center, handing every Pokémon on his person to her other than Simba. The Pyroar was standing next to him in line. While it was technically permitted for trainers to have a single Pokémon present within the lobby, Simba's size did get the stink eye from the nurse and front desk receptionist. Couldn't he have picked a smaller Pokémon to have out and about? Oh, wait. All of his Pokémon were big.

"We'll get them in as soon as we can, but we're a little understaffed. It'll probably be an hour and a half before we can restore your Pokémon. We'll text you when they're ready."

With that, Josh would walk alongside Simba toward the waiting area, the Pyroar's reins in his right hand. Dressed in a blue Ranger uniform, he would sit on the opposite end of the corner couch, Simba sitting down in front of him and nuzzling the Gym Leader with his warm, red mane. "You did great out there today. The Icelands are no joke," Josh warmly said to the lion Pokémon, who let out a purr that was intended to be soft, but came out a bit louder than the trainer wanted it to be, and perhaps could have gotten the attention of . As Simba's eyes shifted toward the Gengar and its trainer, Josh spent some time playing on a portable gaming console, logging into a battle simulator to brush up before his upcoming rematch with . The console's sound had been turned up all the way by mistake, causing him to flinch and immediately adjust it to a more reasonable, but not silent, volume.

{WC: 289}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Dashie        Rapidash       Good
Komainu       Houndoom       Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Suzaku        Talonflame     Good
close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 10:21:39 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
While Sonikku had been busy lounging back with the ice pack on her head, she'd been pretty blind to whoever was coming in and who might be leaving the area. She probably could have chosen a better day to require some help to recover from an emergency landing while practicing, but sometimes luck just wasn't on her side! Unbeknownst to her, a little legend would be making his way inside as the two would be seated. "Gar?" Dusk picked his vision up just in time to catch sight of a certain somebody that was speaking to the Nurse Joy. A certain JOSH DEVLIN that would just plop down right across the lobby from her couch position after seeking his business with the Nurse Joy at the counter. That Pyroar sitting next to him as massive, Dusk's eyes locking his his as they stared at one another for a moment. The Gengar himself was fairly big as well, although not the largest thanks to his trainer's small stature. He would poke Sonikku's form for a few moments or so as she groaned a little in response. They quickly turned to pushes and shoves as she returned the favor. The two fussed with one another until she'd quickly take off her ice pack and glare at him. "What's wrong, Du-" He pointed at the man across the way and Sonikku's multi colored eyes widened with a starstruck expression on her face. "OhmifreakincrapitshimDusk!" she said low enough for only him to hear, quickly sitting up as she held the ice pack against her knee. Sure the needles of pain sticking in her was a small price to pay, but a chance like this wasn't going to come ever again!

"Could it really be you?" Sonikku raced over, standing before the seated man as she was fawning over him. She darted from side to side, taking him in from every angle. The girl appeared restless, despite that limp that her left leg appeared, and the ice bag she was pressing against it. The Gengar from earlier would hover over towards her before taking up a seat on top of the table. Sonikku seemed to have deduced the obvious answer as she let out a squeal of happiness. "Top 32, Silph Cup Gold Class, 2018 and 2019..." She said, rotating on her heal (and almost falling from the brief shot of pain) before motioning to him with wiggly fingers. "JOSH FREAKING DEVLIN! I've seen like, a bunch of your races, dude! What are you doing in a place like this? Shouldn't you be out doing...Whatever it is semi pro racing people do when not racing?" Her eyes fell on the golden furred Pyroar that was currently standing by the feet of Josh. Once again, the stars in her eyes were something fierce! Or were just swirlies? That contact guy said they were supposed to be swirlies. "And is this Aslan? The great and powerful Aslan that can roar the moon out of the sky?~ Oh, I wish I had some treats left, but somebody had to help themselves." On the table, the Gengar would snicker to himself, bringing his hands to his mouth with a gleeful, "Gengar!"

"Augh! Sorry, I'm fangirling right now. I just love meeting riders like you that make me wanna touch the sky!~"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 10:59:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The charging, heterochromatic young lady spooked Josh, causing him to drop his console on the floor! Thankfully, the things were designed to be tough as nails, able to withstand being dropped like that! "Don't scare me like that!" He reached over to pick up his gaming device; apparently the impact had jostled the cartridge within, causing his game to crash. "Not like I was far in, anyway. Was just doing battle practice." He turned silent as the racing superfan spoke faster than he could say EXTREME SPEED.

When he finally got a moment to interject, he gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder if she allowed it. "Yes, I am indeed Josh Devlin, but with the crises in Hoenn, I've had to...retire from the pro racing scene." It hurt meeting one of his megafans, only to break the bad news. "I'll still do the big events, but I just can't grind for the Silph Cup anymore. I've got a lot on my plate right now. As you can see, I'm a Pokémon Ranger now. Who might you be?"

Simba at first snarled upon being called a different name, then snapped his jaw in front of her hand, though doing so obviously far enough away to express that it was a warning sign. "Simba!" Josh firmly pat the lion's shoulder, and the tacked fire-type immediately backed down. "Sorry about that. He gets agitated when people call him Aslan, just because they looked a lot like one another. You see, since Meteno, a lot of weird nonsense has happened. After being struck by a Deoxys' METEOR BEAM, Aslan had to have major surgery on his two left legs. While he was in recovery, he...turned albino." The Gym Leader showed her a stock picture of a shiny Pyroar to compare their sheen. "I don't get why, but it happened while he was at the hospital. Now he's gotta go through about two months of rehab before I can ride him again. Let alone race him."

Josh let out a chuckle as the playful Gengar seemed to be half-ethereal, half-material, playing inside the end table. "It's not all bad news, though. Have you heard of Mauville Racing Grounds?"

{WC: 368}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 23:36:27 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
The sound of the game console clattering on the ground had caused the younger trainer to freeze in place. In her haste to introduce herself to the man, she might have just caused him to break something expensive. Of course, she could obviously replace it with a quick phone call. It fact, she could probably buy him like a thousand of those things, but it was just the point of breaking it got her on edge. Sonikku felt more easy once he had revealed the console was alright and brought it back to his lap. "Hehe, sorry about that. I guess I overdid it a little."

Still, it was amazing to finally meet him in person for the first time ever! Sonikku was taken aback by the news that he had retired due to the ongoing crisis. "Wh-What?! you're not going for this year's Silph Cup? Is it because of those Rocket creeps?" she frowned, a bit let down that he had been effectively been benched for the foreseeable future. Even after she had waited all this time to come out and start her career here! She mentally cursed her luck but would look at his attire. Yep, he was a Pokemon Ranger, by all accounts. The girl remembered hearing something or other about what they did. It was something or other about messing with wild pokemon? When asked for her name, the girl brought a hand to her chest, pumping it up pridefully as she answered"Me? I'm the Ghastly Go-Getter." she paced around the front of the table playfully before turning around near the end and walking back. "The Wraith of the Wind, The Maelstrom of Madness, The Unovan...Unova. Sonikku!~" She pumped her arms up and would strike a pose for the boy. After a moment, she spun back around to face him again with a beaming smile. "It's nice to meet you up close though, Josh! I really did want to race against you one day...but I guess I'll have to use that time to get better then. Hehe, you'll see why they-"

The Pyroar's snapping caught Sonikku off guard, with the girl jumping back a bit with both hands up. Huh, so that wasn't Aslan then? She frowned, kneeling down to the Pyroar. "Sorry. Sima, you look way prettier than Aslan anyway. The golden fur, the bright red mane! You're super pretty! I hope you're doing okay though. You have to be pretty tough to take on a Deoxys." Despite her energetic tendencies, Sonikku did seem to be quite affectionate to Pokemon around her. She cooed and babied the Pyroar but never once tried petting or approaching him closer without him taking the initiative. "I hope we can still be friends, Simba." Sonikku popped back onto her feet and looked back to Josh. "Mauville Racing Grounds? I've never heard of it, no. Is that where all the races are held nowadays?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 2:23:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh shook his head in understanding. "No harm, no foul," he replied. "The company that makes these designs them to be really tough. That your Pokémon?" The Gengar, based on its merely mischievous behavior and presence in such a well-lit location, had to at least be owned by someone.

The young lady seemed disappointed in Josh's retirement from grinding the circuit full-time. "It's kind of a long story how it all happened. You see, when the barrier went up last summer, anyone who attended the race in Hoenn had to drop out of the 2022 season, since they couldn't leave Hoenn. It put me out of a job. So I did some applying, and caught both the Rangers' and the League's attention." He went on to tell the tale of a simple shrine defense task in the name of the late Johto Beast, Raikou, put him on the path of a Ranger. He had also, simultaneously, applied for the Top Champion's Minor League Gym circuit. "Both got approved the same day, and obviously I couldn't work three jobs."

Seeing that it was just a misunderstanding, Simba approached Sonikku, her affection going a long way in his decision to try to warm up to him. She would be able to get a good look at the saddle and reins adorning him. If they weren't in the middle of a busy Pokémon Center, their mere presence may have beckoned Sonikku to mount up. It was as though Simba was built to ferry a human across the land at blistering speeds. "It is. You see, I very nearly lost my family in Johto to Rocket years ago. And I've lost something else very precious to them, also thanks to Rocket." He shook his head again, raising a finger to correct her. "It's Aslan that fought against Deoxys, not Simba. I actually caught Simba after coming back from space." Thanks again, Commissioner.

It seemed Sonikku was enthusiastic about the racing scene! "You have more titles than me... and I thought the Master of Faster was too cheesy. You'll get your chance to race against me. Mauville Racing Grounds is the new Mauville City Gym. And I'm the Leader there."

{WC: 367}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 3:44:59 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
Sonikku beamed at the interest in her Gengar, nodding as she reached to pull him up and bear hug Dusk, who phased right through the table and was now currently being used as an oversized plush toy. "Yep! This is Dusk, best Gengar in the world and fastest one too! He scared me on my first night out of my parents' house and we've been together since." Dusk looked about as proud as his owned, her expression one of mischievous pride while being put down as he'd stand beside his owner. The large Gengar dove back underneath the floor while his owner continued. "I'd also got a couple of more but the Center only allows one at a time."

The girl stood and listened to Josh's explanation on his decision to retire from racing, resting her head on her hand as she'd grow lost in her thoughts while listening to him. SO being locked in Hoenn was one thing, but also putting him out of a job. She gave a worried looked when he mentioned that part, but of course, seemed relieved to hear that he had found opportunities elsewhere. "And that explains the get up then! Swanky~" she laughed to herself and would sit down to hear the tale of his encounter at the shrine. It was a fascinating tale, one that Sonikku seemed pleased as punch to really get to listen to. Once he was done, she'd bring both hands together and smirk. "Aw, nice to hear you're doing good for yourself."

She was pleased that Simba had forgiven her, slowly approaching with her hand to see if he'd like to be pet by her. The girl's hand movement was slow and precise. If Simba didn't want to be touched and lashed out or even shot her a look, she'd pull her hand away immediately. If not, he'd get strokes across his golden fur and mane. She'd stop at the news while looking pleased as punch to hear Josh's new title. "Ranger AND Gym Leader! Man, you're like super cooler since I learned about you. I can't wait until I get to race you eventually! I'm gunna smoke ya, hehe~ But what do the Rangers do around Hoenn anyway? I thought they were just out in the wild. Like "so far into the forest you can't see the city" wild."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 6:45:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's a great name," Josh said with a nod as the girl introduced her Gengar. Were those marks from having worn a saddle? And he thought some of his friends were crazy for the Pokémon they chose to ferry them around Hoenn. Not that he didn't have his fair share of them. "Wait... Gengar as a mount?" a smile grew on his face as he appreciated just how unusual and extensive the gear appeared to be. It was almost though the saddle, by some paranormal way, seemed to float above the creature's bipedal frame. Then again, ghosts could float. "That's quite ingenious. I've never seen anyone try to ride a Gengar before. Fastest, you say...? Sonikku, I might have to put that to the test with one of my own Pokémon."

It seemed that Sonikuu recognized a high-ranking Ranger when she saw one. "It's a lot of work, but I couldn't give up either one. Being a Gym Leader is the only way I can race anymore. It's one of the ways to earn my Badge. Unfortunately my Gym is always booked out for weeks." He provided a link to the Mauville Racing Grounds' website where she could sign up. "Thanks to the Paldean Cyclizar Racing League all wanting to challenge my Gym at the same time, I'm booked out for a couple months. Did you know they'll be merging with Hoenn's Pokémon Racing Federation? There was a big article about it in last month's PSPN Digest."

Minutes into their meeting, the trash talk was already beginning. "I won't make it easy for you! By tradition, whatever Pokémon species the challenger registers for the race, I'll also be in the saddle of one if I have one at the Gym." The topic quickly shifted to the Rangers. "Not at all! We help out in urban areas on occasion, though we mostly handle wilderness operations. As an Elite Ranger, I manage search-and-rescue operations. When you've got around fifty Pokémon, all that wear saddles well, they tend to be useful for finding people lost in Hoenn's wilds. I've rescued people from plane crashes, boat crashes, gondola crashes, cave-ins, deep woods, the whole nine yards. You name it, I've probably done it."

{WC: 374}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 7:53:32 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
It was to be expected. A lot of people just thought that most of her Pokemon were going to be the standard 'mons everybody thought of when you side you were a rider. "I experiment a lot with Pokemon that normally don't see a lot of use in racing. If you want to stay ahead, You've gotta get a head start in the new trends and fads after all!~" Sonikku cheered, having enjoyed her little wisdom nugget before continuing. "I also have been training a Starmie that I've been training to race using Rapid Spin...But it's not going well. Oh, and my baby Noibat. He's not really meant for racing. Kind of skittish."

At the idea of going on a ride with Josh, her eyes widened in delight, those heterochromia irises big into to fill with pokemon food. "I'd love to! This is gunna be so cool! Riding with THE Josh Devlin!" She clapped, bouncing up and down in place before waiting for the man to collect himself. Once he was up and ready, Sonikku was already out the door and waiting for Josh to join her outsdide. Dusk would phase out of the ground in front of her while she adjusted his harness. A simple design, purple with a yellow handle and a piece that reached to the Gengar's waist for her to settle her feet into as to not disturb him. She was still so eager on Dusk that Sonikku grinned at the image of Josh on Simba.

"Looking good! Ready to go?~"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 18:13:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's eyes twitched when Sonikku confirmed Dusk was a ride Pokémon. "Now you've really got me curious. And here I went, thinking Dragapult and Drifblim were the only options for flying on a ghost-type. And Drifblim's not great because the only way they have to steer is the wind." It seemed she, like many others, were quite disappointed with Mauville Gym's queues being ridiculously long. The uniqueness of his racing challenge had attracted even off-region challengers to the Gym, to the point of being disruptive to regional challengers trying to qualify for the Champion Assessment. It was a growing pain his secretaries were all too familiar with, having to take that exact complaint call several times per week. "If you just want a race, I'd be down to race you and Dusk after hours at my Gym, but if you want an actual Quick Badge, I'm booked out really far right now."

Sonikku's last remark caused Josh to raise his eyebrows. "You know, Sonikku, we've got about an hour to kill before our Pokémon will be ready anyway. Want to step out of this place and go riding together? Obviously we'll have to respect municipal speed limits until we're out of town, but it would be a great way to kill time until we get our Pokémon back. I'm very curious to see how you and Dusk work together." Simba's head perked up as well; while he wasn't as enthusiastic as Aslan was about it, the big lion loved a good run, too.

{WC: 259}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 0:05:58 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
It was to be expected. A lot of people just thought that most of her Pokemon were going to be the standard 'mons everybody thought of when you side you were a rider. "I experiment a lot with Pokemon that normally don't see a lot of use in racing. If you want to stay ahead, You've gotta get a head start in the new trends and fads after all!~" Sonikku cheered, having enjoyed her little wisdom nugget before continuing. "I also have been training a Starmie that I've been training to race using Rapid Spin...But it's not going well. Oh, and my baby Noibat. He's not really meant for racing. Kind of skittish."

At the idea of going on a ride with Josh, her eyes widened in delight, those heterochromia irises big into to fill with pokemon food. "I'd love to! This is gunna be so cool! Riding with THE Josh Devlin!" She clapped, bouncing up and down in place before waiting for the man to collect himself. Once he was up and ready, Sonikku was already out the door and waiting for Josh to join her outsdide. Dusk would phase out of the ground in front of her while she adjusted his harness. A simple design, purple with a yellow handle and a piece that reached to the Gengar's waist for her to settle her feet into as to not disturb him. She was still so eager on Dusk that Sonikku grinned at the image of Josh on Simba.

"Looking good! Ready to go?~"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 10:31:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Dusk's harness was, to say the least, ingenious. He never would have thought riding on a Gengar would be possible until he saw what Sonikku's Pokémon was rigged with. When she revealed her intent to ride a Rapid-Spinning Starmie, Josh blinked. Several times. With how fast their backs whirl, that had to be mothing short of dizzying. "You and my friend would get along perfectly. She's also a Pokémon rider, but she's got almost all Pokémon no one else would dare to get on. She's got this Kommo-o and this Beedrill that look downright dangerous to ride on. I've even seen her try to ride her Milotic by the tail."

Admittedly, Dusk phasing in and out around Sonikku was a really easy way for her to mount up, he silently observed. The Pyroar let out a purr that tickled Josh's thighs as he firmly held the reins. It seemed like she was ready before he was, which was unsurprising, given her extremely high energy level. When the two were prepared, Josh jabbed his knees into Simba's sides and flicked the fire-type's reins. "Hyah!" With a running start, the lion king made a low, swift leap away from Oldale Town.

{WC: 203}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 11:48:22 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
Man, Shalin seemed even more wild than Josh! While the former racer in front of her was pretty fast, he was the type of guy to take it easy and follows rules and do more of that goody two shoes stuff. But Shalin? She's was a wild child at heart! "Whoa! She's riding a Beedrill? That's wild! I totally gotta meet her now! You're like wild, but she's way off from wild!" The teen rocked back and forth with Dusk as the two would be waiting for Josh to get ready. The two would stuck their tongues out at him in unison before then getting pumped and ready to get going. "Ready to eat my dust, Dust Eater?!" All it took was a small kick and Josh and Sonikku were off, soaring down away from Oldsdale Town. The girl cheered happily, as Dust would just juke and jive across things. She was already pretty large, so Sonikku only really had to just hope over the tops of fences and things that she couldn't clear while on top of him, a pretty easy feat to perform. But of course, her sore body did cause some familiar bits of pain to shoot back up. After a while, Sonikku would be pacing next to Josh with a devlish grin. "Wow, you're just as fire on the track as you are on TV! But I'm straight up FIRE!" she yelled, kicking Dusk's side as the Gengar would increase his speed, turning around to wave his elongated tongue at Josh and Simba before taking off in front of them.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 16:42:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh guffawed at Sonikku's reaction to Shalin. "You're the first person to ever call me wild. I'm nothing compared to her. She can be a bit hard to get ahold of, given she's often in places where there's no cell reception. But I'll do my best." Seeing the teen astride the Gengar was intriguing to say the least, Josh laughing as the two taunted him by sticking their tongues out in unison. "You'll be the one eating Simba's dust!" he taunted back.

Sonikku definitely had an advantage, Dusk's ability to phase through fences Simba had to jump over making the fire-type work harder to keep up. "Wow, Dusk is a fast one! But we're not giving up easily!" he retorted as the wind of the grasslands whipped by them both. "Aslan, DOUBLE TEAM!" the racer commanded. Trails of the red, royal lion appeared behind him as he attempted to pass the floating, charging phantom.

{WC: 154}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Junko

Sonikku
she/her
June 23
Unova
Bisexual
Aspiring Racer
Cadet
12 height
12 height
awards
64 posts
part of
vanessa rosiello
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 3:22:01 GMT
vanessa rosiello Avatar
The girl's eyes were practically shining! Her heart was racing, the wind was blowing her hair back! This was the greatest race she's had in the longest time! "Yes! YEAH! PUSH IT FASTER!" she laughed to herself while facing back to watch as Simba and Josh would be gaining on them as she'd lean over to Dusk while in his saddle. "Alright, Dusk! Ready for launch?" She'd unhook a Pokeball from her waist and hold it with her right hand while hanging over Dusk's reigns as the Gengar would swirl around, catching Sonikku in her tongue while quickly rolling it back into her mouth. The Gengar's face took aim forward as it would spit the girl out much farther away. Curled into a ball, Sonikku was shot into the air, flipping back and forth before she'd tossed out her Staryu as the pokeball hit the ground before its owner. Its saddle was an aquatic blue, with it appear more like a normal saddle. The Staryu rotated in a 360 degree turn on before Sonikku had a rough landing in the saddle and grinned, waving at Josh as she had shot through a considerable amount of distance from the trick. Dusk was actively catching up while the girl would clutch the handrail tight.

"Alright, Brine! Just like we promise! RAPID SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAUGH!!!!"

The Staryu's rotation would go faster and faster as it soared across the road at speeds faster than any riding Pokemon should have allowed. Sonikku screeched in a mixture of thrill and terror as her body flailed about, still holding onto the saddle with all her might. But then came a warmth to her neck as she blinked and then...she was somewhere different.

"Guh?..."

She awoke on her back in the middle of some field, having blinked just once. The moment she could feel herself again, a sensation of pain shot up and down her back. "Ah! That hurt..." She held her torso up to see the path of destruction she had taken in crashing. A part of the white fence had just come off completely as a Sonikku sized hole was in front of it. Some unlucky Milktanks had been taken out by her barreling through, as some would be mooing out and a couple looking thoroughly upset at the sudden attack.

"D-Did I win?"