awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
dangerous distractions ii.
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 0:05:54 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,hoffmanplots]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
There were too many days that have passed since the incident. Too much going on for anyone to feel as though it wasn't a waste of time. Of resources. Derek had run through the names of those who were there on that day. Of those aware. And those who'd dealt with one of them already. Most wanted nothing to do with him.
[break]
[break]
Towards the bottom of that list was a likely false hope—Fernando Silph.
[break]
[break]
Derek had been waiting for days to see them. Nobody else had been this busy, and it made the chances of a silver lining seem hopeless. Somehow life in Hoenn made him believe to the opposite effect, even if Silph were likely able to deal with all this by himself. Or at least a minimal amount of help. Derek wanted very badly to be that help. Yet he needed it himself, which was what made his plight difficult.
[break]
[break]
"You're not an easy guy to get ahold of." Derek remarks as he is finally admitted into Silph's office. It could be skewed as a compliment, though not so much when one considers what happened regarding Fernando and his eye...
[break]
[break]
"...So I guess I better make this quick." Surely Fernando would agree. Hell, he might even wish he could throw Derek out of the building already. Or at least when he finds out what this was about.
[break]
[break]
"There's no way you're not aware of the break-in at the barracks a year ago, nor the events that followed." Even with so many, Derek would assume that Silph knew at least a little bit about all of them. At least the ones of significance. "And I am certain you know more than me regarding the league's encounter with Regirock?" Derek wasn't exactly sure if he was even in Hoenn at the time.
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

[attr=class,hoffmanplotscredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.hoffmanplots .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .accentborder, .hoffmanplots .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .accenttext, .hoffmanplots .bulk b, .hoffmanplots .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 320px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 235px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/a4/15/sMeDkVY9_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0),rgba(50,50,50,0));[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .lyric1, .hoffmanplots .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 20px; bottom: 22px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 22px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .lyric1 div, .hoffmanplots .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .lyric1]bottom: 46px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 235px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: ; font-size: 26px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bulk]margin-top: 335px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplotscredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplotscredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 5:28:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

ZERO TO A HUNDRED MISSION

FERNANDO WRINKLES HIS NOSE AT THE SUDDEN CONJECTURE. the constant sound of his keyboard clicks disregard the statement as if he weren’t there. despite the constant rhythm, a glance past the top of his monitor shows that derek has his attention. he holds stern eye contact, occasionally wavering back to his screen after a decent pause.

your point, hoffman?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:28:53 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
A restrained sigh escapes Derek, who wonders if there is even a 'best way' to phrase himself. For obvious reason, he doubts that the Silph would appreciate the ranger trying to navigate him or the question very carefully. Not if it wasted time. "Well..."
[break]
[break]
An offhand reaches for the back of the head out of nervous reflex. Scratching when there is no itch, just itching to ask. "I've tried to find them. Signs of them." As he spoke it became a little easier to spit out. Getting it off his chest. Checking things off his list, soon enough. "I found a depiction similar to the murals at the first site, but nothing else." Nothing new, meaning nothing of interest.
[break]
[break]
"Everyone else wants some kind of compensation. And, well, since you're you... I figured there isn't much you could want, or need for." Might as well test that hunch. "But I was hoping you might have a way, or an idea on how to find them." Maybe a device, or some kind of theorized way to measure thier activity. No way Fernando didn't have some kind of means, right? Some kind of contingency ready to be enacted, should they become a threat once more.
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki

[newclass=.hoffmanplots .accentborder, .hoffmanplots .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .accenttext, .hoffmanplots .bulk b, .hoffmanplots .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 320px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 235px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/a4/15/sMeDkVY9_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0),rgba(50,50,50,0));[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .lyric1, .hoffmanplots .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 20px; bottom: 22px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 22px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .lyric1 div, .hoffmanplots .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 15px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 235px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: ; font-size: 26px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bulk]margin-top: 335px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplots .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplotscredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hoffmanplotscredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 13:33:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

WHATEVER REACTION HE EXPECTS, he’ll have to temper behind the lack thereof well into his elevator pitch. unless, of course, that was his presumption. typity, type, type, type. it’s almost as if he drowns him out despite the focused eye contact. as if listening to a coworker drone on and on while finishing up a paper on auto pilot.

only when derek mentions the others does fernando’s fingers come to a stop.

that is very much a possibility.

his eye circles to the side, mulling over his thoughts, before it centers on him once more.

who has rejected your request so far?

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 14:10:04 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
The mention of others catching Fernando's attention places an obvious wedge between them. He must view Derek as annoying, or otherwise incompetent. Or just a face too strange to care for. Typical. Silph Co. was known for working only with the absolute best. The hiring process was said to be brutal. Someone like him was probably lucky to even get this meeting. At least the possibility was there.
[break]
[break]
"Had a meeting with quite a few of 'em sometime back. Both head rangers were there, not that Razz held this title at the time. He didn't seem to have anything to say..." Whether he was for or against the pursuit of the regis. They were one of the least attentive voices at the table.
[break]
[break]
"Skyler Dross and Angelo Vestri denied help based on a lack of compensation." Capable, but still civilians that weighed their own wealth and well-being over anything else. Derek couldn't really blame them. But the others?
[break]
[break]
"Lars refused because it would put his rangers at further risk." Boruta and Derek disagreed, to some extent. If they were willing, shouldn't they be able to take up the task? It was their pokemon that died at the hands of this Registeel.
[break]
[break]
"Katherine was there as well, but we talked more recently." He could tell Fernando had been losing patience. Best to gloss over the drama and avoid oversharing. "She won't help because she thinks I am lying to her about why I want to go after them." A queen that refused to be reduced to a pawn. That, and there was nothing in it for her. Especially nothing that Derek could offer.
[break]
[break]
"Would've included Adrian Malcolm, but now that we know he's a rocket..."
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 22:40:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

“THAT IS QUITE THE LIST, HOFFMAN.” which is putting it lightly considering how big the names he mentioned are. not only do they hold high positions, the cast proves distinctly diverse. rangers, elite four, avatars. the whole she-bang.

and yet you remain undaunted in your pursuit.

his hand rests against his desk, above his rightmost drawer, as he contemplates the offer at hand.

however, fairburne is an illustrious member of the ELITE FOUR. for her to believe you to be less than honest is not something to take lightly. what reason did you present her?

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 2:11:36 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
"Pfff." There is no disputing her position, though Derek is not so sure Katherine warrants so much consideration. But clearly they don't see the same things out of her. All that can be done is to answer. "Why would you set out looking for something that killed your pokemon?" With Fernando being a victim of many things, the ranger feels it safe to assume that the Silph is capable of harboring a grudge. Possesses the capacity to act on said vendetta. "Instead of trying to repeat what happened to Regirock, she thinks I would be using her for my own gain. That I can somehow force Registeel to make me it's avatar, or something to that effect." It was as if she thought the league didn't benefit enough from laying low another titan, as they did with the first one. No, it had to be something much more cynical.
[break]
[break]
"It's juvenile." Derek served as a ranger and gym leader, dating back before Katherine's rise to her current station. An illustrious member of the elite four. This was all becoming quite a bad joke. Though it begged the question.
[break]
[break]
"Even if I managed, not that I have the slightest clue how this whole avatar thing works. That puts Registeel on the league's side." In the grand rat race between them and rocket, that was a definite plus. "I get it, the queen doesn't desire being reduced to a pawn." He doesn't relish his use of metaphors, but there is hope that Silph gets the point. "But if it adds another piece to our side of the board, why is she so against it? All she really cares about is some old relics. Wouldn't tell me what they were. Just that she knows who has some."
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 21:35:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

FERNANDO SERVES AS AUDIENCE TO DEREK’S TINTED PERSPECTIVE. he does little to interject but mulls each sentence as a picture is painted. indeed, each person has their agenda, their own hazy line to toe of what is ‘right’ and ‘righteous’.

but it is him who holds the stamp of approval.

quite the assumption,” he laments. “but the alternative, to assist in someone’s revenge, is hardly something i expect other to risks their lives for.

his eye narrows.

and that aligns with what i know of vestri, dross, and anderson. nautica would expect compensation while anderson is danger adverse when it comes to his precious rangers.

a click of his tongue dashes the soft implication he picks up from derek’s proposition.

you will find the league unwilling to assist you with your ‘preventative’ measure when the regis have yet to act outside of their domain. after all, it was us who intruded on their habitats. much like you intend to do now.

his desk drawer opens and his fingers wrap around a hidden object.

but, if you’re adamant about this, i may be able to point you in the right direction.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 12:17:45 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
"I'm sure that's how the league sees things." Leaving politics to the politicians, Derek simply felt this was a matter that would be better addressed now, as opposed to when another incident occurred. "But it wasn't exactly like we knew what we were responding to back then. Or where we were going." Derek felt rather strongly about the notion that Registeel would leave them alone being a slippery slope. They didn't know where it was. Where it wasn't. "Whose to say somebody doesn't happen upon it by accident?" That would surely spell the demise of some poor soul, all for simply boasting an adventurous side. "It's revenge, sure, but not just my own. And that vigilance ensures the region's safety from Registeel. Not betting on the likelihood of it." Of course, the league, and perhaps Fernando by extension would be right to simply allow things to proceed as they had. The idle sitting of the fences. It excused them from the liabilities another incursion entailed. It was the best move they could make.
[break]
[break]
Thankfully Silph's station as a member of the council wasn't the only capacity in which he operated. " also expressed feelings similar to my own. They may still be willing to assist, though I wasn't going to bother them until I had something more concrete. The others... I don't mind the desire for payment. But with that attitude, it's a wonder they stuck around to deal with Regirock in the first place." He'd have to look into those details later, but why they expected Derek to front their compensation was beyond him.
[break]
[break]
"Anyways, in short... Yes. I am." The ranger did his best to serve the region. Do as the league bid him when matters demanded the attention of capable trainers. But some things appeared to need a more personal touch. "So I'll take whatever it is you're offering." Though one had to assume there was some kind of catch.
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 2:47:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

“THEN IT BECOMES JUST THAT, an accident.”

his fingers wrap around the object. under the cover of his drawer, it tightens at his words.

likewise, the assumption you, and whatever team you can come up with, will protect us rather than enraging the REGI is quite ambitious. that same sentiment is what lead to RAYQUAZA not being here to protect us from METENO until the last moment.

what he pulls out is an odd metal contraption. some may recognize it as an ELECTIRIZER. others, a METAL COAT.

he gestures a soft lob before committing, giving derek ample time to catch it.

just how much are you willing to lose, hoffman? how many pokemon and people are you willing to commit in sight of your goal?

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:17:25 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
Derek is done trying to argue, or even reason. They could call it whatever they like. Knowing of such a hazard and doing nothing about it was something the ranger took issue with. But clearly Fernando was aware of the nuances, and even seemed to make some kind of preparations in the form of...
[break]
[break]
"Really?" Derek gives the catch a once-over, seeing nothing more than a mundane accessory. And yet...this was Fernando Silph he was talking to. Nothing about his life or work was mundane. Well, maybe the part that saw him sitting there at his desk for great lengths of time. "If this is all I've got to go on, I don't think I will get close enough to be at risk. What's this even got to do with-"
[break]
[break]
The ranger is familiar with what the object appears to be. But now that he's touching it, a closer observation makes him question if the composition of this item is some kind of variant. "What does this do for my search?" Silph wondered what Derek would risk in his pursuit. Meaning his help would not come from being there in person. The object tossed his way confirmed as much. But how exactly was he going to use this thing to locate Registeel?
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:19:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

FERNANDO DOES NOT GLOSS OVER THE FACT THAT DEREK AVOIDS HIS QUESTION. his fascination of the object, is expected, but allowing it to pull his attention away delays his answer.

every tool has its instructions and i am the manual.

he barely spares a pause.

let me hear your answer, hoffman.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 2:37:55 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
What little scoff escapes his mouth is quickly snuffed, allowing dead quiet to persist. Fernando is serious. But judging by all of the details they'd already gone over...? "Well, that's not exactly up to me." Some were willing. Others were not. Fernando's helping hand was more than most were considering.
[break]
[break]
But it was obvious that didn't suffice for an answer. "But let's remember the last time I tried to cross that line for the league. For Hoenn. You tried to stop me." Fernando was there when Derek offered himself up as a sacrifice in that cyberworld. Spoke against it. Thankfully he wasn't stopping him now.
[break]
[break]
"Unlike Rayquaza, those Regi are NOT here to protect us. I'll take my chances." The evidence just wasn't there to suggest anything good came of their presence. "I've got hundreds of pokemon. We're all quite aware of the danger." And they would obey Derek to the bitter end.
[break]
[break]
As for the others? "I expect those who stand with me will know the risk. But this isn't a suicide mission. I'm not doing this to throw their lives away. Or those of our pokemon." The cost might be greater than Silph might like, yet that was the case with many things as of late. "I'll avoid any unecessary carnage, but this was never going to be easy."
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 6:58:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

DEREK STIFLES HIS EXPRESSION. fernando does not. he laughs freely. one small enough to contain some semblance of humility, but the fact it breaches their silence is telling enough.

i see why had her reservations.

which is where he severs his amusement. his tonal swap means its back to business.

those who went into regirocks tomb all lost a pokemon. some of them more than one. to think you will come out with any less than several dead pokemon is quite the optimism.

he clicks his tongue.

having lost one myself, i can attest to this. and to pursue this for a pokemon that has, to this point, kept to itself, is a bit puzzling.

but a deep sigh frees him of his restraints.

the reason i stopped you then is because i thought you would listen to me. and, in time, i have learned that such reservation rarely works out.

he points the the METAL COAT.

in the desert, you will find rifts that lead into ULTRA SPACE. take that there and you will eventually find what you seek. beware, the DYNAMAX phenomenon will be there as well.

which is more than anyone else would tell him.

do tell me what you find, hoffman.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 3:39:04 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
DANGEROUS DISTRACTIONS

[attr=class,bulk]
"You're right. I don't." Even Silph had his reach. A head ranger in his pocket. If everyone thought like Fernando, or at least followed his directives, maybe Hoenn would be a better place for it. But Derek wasn't so preoccupied that he could just sit on his hands and wait. "Suppose it must be all the downtime." Derek felt he had to find something to do that wasn't... Useless. A waste of time.
[break]
[break]
Fernando could probably relate to that.
[break]
[break]
"It's not that I don't hear your warnings. But I've been sitting around for too long. Just...waiting." For someone, anyone to care. It allowed too much unease to fester. Notions that the league wasn't doing enough. That they would let the rangers take the call, and they'd fall short once again.
[break]
[break]
"Naturally, you'll be the first to know what I come across." It was only right, seeing as Silph was the first to offer up any sort of help. "Thanks for humoring me." A dismissive hand waves the item in the air as Derek turns to leave. Fernando would be free to return to his work without disturbance.
[break]
[break]
At least until the rangers return.
[break]
[break]

tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
fernando's office

silph co. upper floors

template by punki