Delilah Silph
Her Side of the Story [S]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 3:14:04 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cerestest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Delilah really had meant to visit Eva sooner.[break][break]
As she knocked on the door of the small townhome, the Pokémon League headquarters looming over her like some sort of stoic sentinel, Delilah wondered if Eva would even be happy to see her. They'd been friends - well, as much as two very busy, very prolific people could be friends - but Delilah had been away from Hoenn for several years . Eva's opinion of the Sliphs may have soured somewhat in the interim, given the current state of her engagement.[break][break]
Delilah would hardly be able to blame her, should it prove true.[break][break]
Well, that's why she was here. To hear Eva's side of the story. To listen attentively, console, perhaps even advise. Her brother wasn't exactly a neutral party in this whole affair; it was important to get all the details. On top of that, Delilah was genuinely curious about Eva's work. A Kanto visit, some sort of expedition into a rift the news was calling "The Ultra Deep Sea"...and of course, Rayquaza.[break][break]
Life has a way of getting out of hand. Some line from one of the movies she'd starred in recently.[break][break]
Delilah sighed, waited, hoped Eva was actually home.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Delilah's Outfit Inspiration[break]
Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.cerestest2]--accent:#c67be8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cerestest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 8:19:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Since the events of the ULTRA DEEP SEA, sleep had been even more elusive than when she was simply getting used to being alone. The weight of too many responsibilities kept her awake and the anxious energy of the deity constantly bombarded her with urgencies she couldn’t sense but they could. She had finally found a moment of peace when the knock at the door woke her in a startle.

Eva jolted up from the couch, her tired eyes snapping open as she scrambled for a pokeball. Since her return from Kant, she’s also lived in a state of persistent caution. She soon found her wits, and recognized the noise as a simple knock.

The sound of jostling locks rattled the door for a moment before it was tugged open to allow her to peak through. She squinted against the light until the familiar feature of materialized against the bright background, “Delilah?!” her tone held a sense of confusion as well as a genuine brightness at seeing someone she considered a friend. The door opened full to allow Eva a peak past her to see if she was alone, “What a pleasant surprise,” her tired smile was about half the width it typically would be but it still held the Professor's familiar kindness, “Please, come in,” she gestured for her to enter the simple, mostly empty townhome.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 2:44:11 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Everyone looked tired these days.[break][break]
All the same, Eva's smile was a welcome sight. Relief flooded through Delilah as she heard the genuine pleasure in Eva's tone, though it was understandably mixed with surprise. Delilah was not accustomed to feeling particularly anxious, but her return to Hoenn had been more stressful than she'd anticipated. She blamed for that.[break][break]
Delilah eagerly entered the small townhome, setting her purse down on the coffee table and taking a seat on the comfortable, if rather plain, couch where, unbeknownst to her, Eva had been napping mere minutes before her arrival. The living room was sparsely decorated, with less furniture expected. Delilah frowned slightly.[break][break]
"What's the deal with this place they've got you living in?" She asked Eva, distaste evident in her tone. "Your old place wasn't this plain."[break][break]
Her expression softened, however, as she gazed at her friend. Based on what Delilah knew from her various news outlets and social media connections, Eva was under a lot of pressure as of late. The League had already depended on her expertise; now, she was one of their coveted Avatars - something Delilah could not even begin to fathom. Where was Rayquaza anyway? Did the great dragon actually live inside of a pokeball like its non-legendary kin? Or did it roam free, a lord of the sky, when its presence wasn't needed?[break][break]
"Darling, you look awful," Delilah imparted matter-of-factly. Delilah had never been one to be coy with the truth. There was sincere affection, however, in the way she was looking at Eva.[break][break]
"I'm so sorry about the wedding."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.cerestest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 4:47:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 There’s nothing impressive about the townhome. It’s quite bare with minimal furnishings. It looks like it has hardly been lived in, for that is partially true. Eva had been spending more of her time at the lab since being back. There was a lot to catch up on and very little time to get it done.

The professor rubs her eyes as they move further into the space. Eva stops in the kitchen which opens into the living room where Delilah settles on the couch. She immediately moves towards the coffee machine on the counter, “I have coffee, water, or whiskey. Want anything?” despite not having much, she still has the manners to offer.

Eva begins the routine of brewing coffee as Delilah comments on her living arrangements. Her lips draw into a thigh line as the casual mention of her ‘old place’. Her home.

“This is temporary,” she’s quick to confirm. She knows she’s not going back to the ranch, but she’s not staying here either, “I just don’t know what I want to do yet,” she speaks truthfully. Delilah had always been kind enough to earn a vein of trust. She wouldn’t let Matias’s sins ruin what they have.

Delilah’s jarring observation does earn a smile and soft chuckle, “Well, I feel awful so . . . I match, I guess,” the coffee pot gurgles, steam rising to begin brewing the coffee. Despite the trust they’ve built, Eva can’t bring herself to look at Delilah. Is it shame? Grief? Embarrassment? Even Eva can’t parse through the feelings. Regardless of what it is, it tears open the wounds that refuse to heal. Her face pinches in pain as she’s forced to face it once again, “Yeah . . . me too.”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 18:31:19 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Delilah flashed her tired friend a wry smile.[break][break]
"Perhaps some coffee with a splash of whisky?" She suggested. "I think we could both use one of those."[break][break]
Delilah watched Eva's face fall as she mentioned the wedding. The subject was bound to come up one way or another, but Delilah felt a small pang of guilt for having forced the issue so early in her visit...she knew discussing it would probably hurt Eva all over again. All the same, Delilah was here to offer the other woman an understanding ear, as well as find out what had really happened. Matias might be her brother, but she had her own first-hand experiences with how volatile and chaotic he could be. It didn't necessarily surprise her that he had hurt someone like Eva, even if the whole affair left a disappointing taste in her mouth.[break][break]
"I've seen Matias," she offered, tone gentle. "He wasn't exactly forthcoming." She paused. "If you're willing to talk about it, I'd like to know what happened...from your perspective."[break][break]
Her amethyst eyes met Eva's, an unspoken declaration of loyalty: your feelings matter more than his.[break][break]
Was that actually true? Delilah had a complicated relationship with her brother. At least for the time being, she found herself feeling more sympathetic to Eva's position. Matias often reaped what he sowed, much to Delilah's chagrin.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 19:56:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Coffee and whiskey, she could do that. The suggestion made Eva grin, curious if it was meant to cater to her taste. It was no secret amongst her friends that she liked the dark liquor, “I’ve got that, yeah,” she wasn’t working later today so a little drink wouldn’t hurt.

The aroma of coffee permeated through the small space, hanging heavy in the air much like the weight of the topic they were breeching. Eva bites her tongue, resisting the urge to ask anything about Matias. She already knows his indifference. It would only hurt more to hear it from someone else.

“I’m sorry but, I think you’ll be rather disappointed, Delilah,” she leans back against the counter as she turns around to face her would-have-been sister-in-law, “There’s probably not much else to say. He found someone else. He left me. And here I am,” her arms vaguely motion to the room, a metaphor for the state she’s in: alone, empty, lost, mourning. It’s a gross simplification of things, sure, but Eva isn’t the kind of woman to throw others under the bus, no matter how many times they tried to shove her in front of it.

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 2:07:34 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

It was as she'd suspected: his fault. Her stupid brother and his impulsive tendencies.[break][break]
"That asshole!" Delilah huffed, genuinely angry. "Who could have possibly tempted him enough to break off a long-term relationship with someone as brilliant as you?"[break][break]
Perhaps her question would only further disparage Eva, but despite all of her acting experience, Delilah was woefully honest with those she trusted. This was information she needed, because this whole affair was doing a number on both the Silph reputation and Eva's reputation and while the former was important, the later was equally so. Eva was a friend but she was also the sort of person the region really needed right now. If they lost her to scandal, that would be a blow to public morale.[break][break]
Delilah would have to find this other woman and deal with her accordingly.[break][break]
"I won't say anything to anyone," Delilah assured. "But if you need to vent, I'm here for you."[break][break]
It wasn't a lie. Delilah had no intentions of revealing anything Eva said to the media, for example. She merely wanted to...privately handle her business, put things back in order.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 20:17:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The water reaches its boiling point as Delilah does, violently hissing and spitting over the freshly ground coffee beans carefully placed in the filter. Eva’s eye widen in surprise and she tense out of both uncertainty and embarrassment, “I would have thought-” she takes a step back, diverting her gaze towards the unsightly linoleum tiles of her kitchen floor, “Shit, I thought you knew that,” foolish, she should have been vague. The last thing she wanted was to divert attention to the other parties involved. A more vengeful woman wouldn’t have hesitated but Eva is not that kind of woman.

“Well, guess the Skitty is out of the bag,” she says it as a long sigh, feeling somewhat relieved to share the reality with someone she could confide in. Does it make her feel any better? No. She still feels discarded like a used toy.

Eva knows who it is, but she’ll keep that to herself. Quite honestly, it’s not hard to come to a conclusion if you paid attention to Matias’ recent mission and training logs and who he has been spending an obscene amount of time with.

“I don’t know . . . he hasn’t been acting like himself,” many might see it as an excuse to divert the hurt from her heart and blame it on someone - or something - else, “I feel like there’s something else going on with him,” something possessing him, destabilizing him.

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 17:00:13 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Delilah had not known. In fact, she had flown to Hoenn initially believing she was about to attend a long-anticipated wedding. Her family could be infuriatingly disconnected when they weren't in the same physical place. Filming movies in Unova and Kalos had corroded whatever lines of communication had existed between the idol and her siblings, save for Yui, who was the most reliably dedicated to the online world. Delilah herself, however, always preferred in-person interactions to the faceless, unfeeling chains of text tapped into small boxes on phones and tablets.[break][break]
Eva was the sort of woman who, even at her lowest, still maintained an impressive degree of propriety, the sort of honorable soul one read about in stories rather than encountered in real life. Delilah knew, then, that she would learn nothing more of Matias's chosen mistress from Eva. It was not an issue; asking had merely been the most direct route.[break][break]
Did her brother deserve the kindness Eva was affording him? Did Delilah wish to humor it? She weighed this carefully, awaiting the delivery of her coffee.[break][break]
I feel like there’s something else going on with him...[break][break]
And then 's voice, crisp and critical. Matias and I are dying.[break][break]
"Have you felt well lately, Eva?" Delilah asked suddenly. "Like yourself? Physically, I mean. I know...emotionally, things have been quite hard."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 20:35:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: