lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cannonballers [m] [gracidea]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 22:16:23 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]A chat after the race at Fortree with had prompted his visit that day to route 117. Timing had made the immediacy of their meetup to do some training a bit difficult, but soon enough schedules and time frames had aligned well enough for Lam to be well on his way out of his apartment in Slateport to head in the general direction of Mauville.[break][break]

Not the racing grounds, though. That had been a stipulation made, though Lam didn’t mind that any. There wasn’t anything wrong with working out in the natural terrain in his opinion. It was how he’d grown up, after all. Out in the wilderness while his father studied the world and the flourishing Alolan ecosystem around them.[break][break]

His corviknight drifted in a lazy spiral down to the ground below–touching down just off the beaten path onto the grass beside. Lam patted the rough feathers atop Butternut’s slate gray head in appreciation before sliding off of the bulky corvid’s back. Butternut squawked loudly–obviously pleased to have done a suitable job, though the trip itself wasn’t all that long and hadn’t taken much time at all.[break][break]

From his bag, he produced an apple–handed over to the corviknight who gobbled it up happily as they waited for any sign of Josh.

[break][break]

// m: super training[break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 7:20:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With Josh's work schedule as tight as it was, what with him working tons of overtime to try to get as much of his community service as frontloaded as possible, it was rare for him to have a day where he had the energy to do something as strenuous as practice with his Pokémon. Today was one of those rare days. While he brought a flying mount or two, most of his Pokémon were land ones he needed to do more work with to get them ready for a return to his position as Gym Leader in September.

He felt like a new man. Taking the advice of Fern, Navy, Kyle, and many others, he had at last bottled up his dream back to what it should have been from the beginning: a dream. A wish. That meant being the best he could be not for a deity that didn't even know him. It meant being the best he could be for Hoenn, but most importantly, for himself.

Returning to the grove where he once fought in bitter yet friendly battle, there was a large bud where Josh planted his Gracidea. It looked like it was going to blossom and flower any day now. He slowly guided his Zeraora mount along the edge of the grove before coming across in the near-distance, a roosting Corviknight giving his position away. Squeezing the thundercat's sides, Josh sped toward the fellow racer. The electric-type kicked up quite a bit of dirt and grass in his slide to a stop. "Whoops, sorry I missed you! Congratulations on your strong finish, by the way. Almost podium is nothing to scoff at." Raikiri shot Lam a curious greeting.

{WC: 286}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Raikiri         Zeraora            Good
Oberon          Sceptile           Good
Moosh           Ursaluna           Good
Rime            A!Ninetales        Good
Pazuzu          Pidgeot            Good
Suzaku          Talonflame         Good

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 20:03:53 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"Oh, it's no problem. Think it's probably kind of easy to get turned around in this area." It wasn't too terribly far away from the Petalburg Woods, after all. In the back of his mind, he recalled the effort it had taken to get out of the very place with when they'd been at the whim of some mischievous fairy types.[break][break]

Plus, he wasn't super familiar with the eastern side, himself. He should probably change that all around if he wanted to up his training that much more - a sharp reminder that being a trainer wasn't just battle. Awareness of one's surroundings was just was important, among other things. Butternut cawed again, and hopped down from his perch. Curiously, his head tipped to the side sharply as he observed the gym leader and his zeraora.[break][break]

Lam, meanwhile, remained casual. His posture slumped as he grinned. "Oh, thanks! I was just glad some of our strategies worked." Our, being him and his talonflame, Ziti. They'd started out slow, but the more they worked through things, the better it had turned out. "Maybe I'll make more of a habit in racing. I actually really enjoyed it."

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 5:58:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was certainly vast, with few landmarks. "I could see it; normally I would do this at my Gym, but I can't have it there. This is almost as good, though; these lush plains go on for miles in every direction. Can hardly ask for a better place to saddle up and practice for the next big event." The Pokémon Josh would be working with, though, was not legal to enter in the Hoenn Racing Federation. Outside of exhibition races where rare and even legendary Pokémon were allowed to compete, Zeraora were forbidden from being entered on account of safety for the rider. The level of INFINITY ENERGY within them would not only put the rider at an elevated risk of complications in the event of a crash, but competitive balance would be greatly upset.

"You should!" Josh encouraged Lam. "You've got a real talent for it. I know you already challenged Mauville Gym once, but if you enjoyed the Silph Cup so much, feel free to drop by! We have pickup races happening on site more often than you think." That wasn't why he was here, though. "So what brings you out here? I'm going to be practicing with Raikiri. My duties as a Gym Leader put me on the front lines against Team Rocket more than I'd like, and I want to learn how to truly handle Raikiri here. Not just to battle alongside him, but to truly fight as one, as mount and rider." Lam may have been able to notice a sheathed blade of significant size at the Gym Leader's hip.

{WC: 267}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 22:21:27 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“It’s pretty gorgeous out here, honestly,” Lam remarked in turn, hand lifting to shield his eyes from the sun as he surveyed the expanse. “Reminds me of some of the places I stayed as a kid with my dad when he was out doing field research.” Granted, it was a little less tropical than the Alolan islands he’d grown up on, but there was nothing quite like being out in nature all the same. Though he’d arrived with his corviknight, Butternut wasn’t the primary focus of his training that day. Though he’d only recently evolved to full stature a handful of months prior, the dark, steel bird had been a companion of Lam’s nearly as long as his altaria and decidueye.[break][break]

No, today was for a more recent catch–and one he’d only managed by chance in the deep sea. He still didn’t care to think of the events that occurred there, or the violent loss of his quaquaval, but the two strange pokemon he’d come across were probably one of the few good things to come out of that day.[break][break]

Temporarily, though, his attention had shifted more specifically to racing. “You think so? That feels like high praise coming from someone who focuses on racing for a living,” he replied with a laugh. Still, his grin stretched wide–he had been proud of his placement during the Silph Cup, and this only furthered that feeling. “Thanks.” And as Josh suggested racing more, Lam found himself nodding. “I might have to! I’m not too sure how I’d do on land compared to flying–that’s what I know best, but I’d be curious to find out.” He palmed the pokeball that had been resting in his pocket. Tapping the release, a large Slither Wing sprang free to shake large golden wings that took on a sparkling sheen in the right light.[break][break]

“Came across this when I was stuck in the interdream zone. Moth Man is kinda feisty, so I’ve been working to figure out how to connect with it best.” So far, the answer had been cheese puffs.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 7:12:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had a lot of memories of the Mauville-Verdanturf rural road that expanded into a huge field. His first was with . How much had the troubled Rocket learned from his experience on the Dragonair? He longed to rein up the flying serpent and take people into the air with him... though that required a certain level of bravery. Dragonair were not easy to ride, and they could put on blistering speed matched by very few Pokémon in the sky. Extreme Speed was quite the move, wasn't it? "When I feel the need for speed, I often come out here or to 111. Both of them have wide open fields just built for the very fastest Pokémon in the world. Especially since Shawn died... I just want to go back to my Gym." The Leader's suspension still weighed heavily on him, and the thought of losing his Gym again would forever strongly reinforce his ability to keep his emotions in check.

Josh's remarks were genuine compliments, far from the flattery he interpreted thought it was. "Remember, that was a Gold Class race. You were not far from punching a ticket to the pros. There's a lot of money to be made there if you're willing to put in the work." Overland races and aerial ones were so different that surprisingly few skills overlapped, so the young man's apprehension was understandable. "I know it sounds funny, but I actually enjoy riding a Pokémon over land more than through the air. Being able to feel every stride lets you connect with your Pokémon more. That's how I feel, anyway."

Josh gasped in half-horror, half-awe when the Paradox Pokémon appeared before his eyes. "I've never seen anything like that before. The one I have looks like a Salamence, and I've been trying to break him to the bridle for weeks now. Almost six weeks, and no luck. The Pokémon from the Interdream Zone are so different." He guided Raikiri around the Slither Wing to take a look at the unusual Pokémon. "Wow, they're big, too."

After idly observing the bug-type for a while, Josh slid his hands down Raikiri's reins, the Zeraora rattling his rider with a purr. "I think he's looking to run. Speaking of running, how familiar are you with Z-Power?"

{WC: 388}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 19:23:18 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“I can understand that,” well, maybe not to a full extent that Josh suffered the burden of being away, but Lam could imagine the difficulty in being unable to return to a place you felt comfortable or secure. He’d often had similar feelings, being away from Alola when the dome barrier had first come down—given how new he’d been to Hoenn at the time. The return to talk of racing soon distracted him, though. “I’ll have to keep that in mind—thanks! I think it would only be a bonus to routinely do something that’s so enjoyed.” He was sorta still figuring out where his own passions rested, though.[break][break]

Lam, nodded in understanding, a chuckle slipping free moments later. “Funnily enough, I feel similarly, but about aerial pokemon. Being suspended in the air, and at those speeds? It definitely requires way more trust and connection with your team than I think most would assume.” Plus, there was really nothing quite like it—in his opinion. The open air provided both the exercise and range for skills like precision and control, sure, but there was nothing he’d found that felt so freeing, either.[break][break]

That said, though, he was still curious to try overland. If anything, it would at least teach him the tools for future use, if or when needed.[break][break]

Another laugh escaped him at the mixed reaction Josh had to the slither wing. “This guy’s definitely a bit of a brute—if I manage to ride him, I definitely don’t think he’ll take to a saddle.” That was okay, though. Even if Lam never managed, it’d be fine. It felt monumental enough that the behemoth allowed him the ability to get close enough to lean against its fuzzy flank, or rub it under the chin. “A salamence sounds so cool! I also found another, but it’s more like a metal delibird? So just a tiny guy.”[break][break]

As Lam gave it chin scratches, the slither wing cooed, wings flattening out lazily in the sun. At the mention of z-power, Lam hummed in thought. “I’m only somewhat familiar—I recently grew a passho berry, but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten.” He perked as he talked about it, clearly curious to figure out more once he’d started up some. “I started working at the Rustboro gym as a gym trainer recently, so I’m really hoping to round out my awareness of different styles and movesets.” Along with the enhancers that sometimes came with.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 7:27:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Lam's positivity was contagious, getting Josh's thoughts away from his Gym and back to what he enjoyed doing: going fast. "Life is a lot easier when you do something you enjoy. It's why I've kept working as an Elite of Mauville's Rangers. I don't do it for the pay; it's a labor of love. If I can use my talent of raising ride Pokémon to help save lives, I want to keep doing so. Obviously my restitution has kept me busy, but at least they're letting me count Ranger tickets toward my community service requirement, as long as they're unpaid."

It seemed Josh's initiative to move Pokémon racing to Hoenn had sparked others' interest in the thrilling sport. "Absolutely - flying is a blast. I've ridden on the backs of every common Pokémon capable of learning the move Extreme Speed. Dragonair, Dragonite, Togekiss, and Arcanine." Because of course he could name them all. "There's truly nothing like it. Dragonair was the first, and Resheph is still one of my favorite ways to fly. There's something just amazing about being able to jump from sea to sky in one motion."

It seemed the Pokémon from the Interdream Zone weren't exactly as friendly as standard ones, even after being captured. Ao wasn't an anomaly, after all. "Tell you what - once I can get Ao under control, want to go flying together? I think it would be fun. He's a big boy, more than capable of seating two!" The report of a metallic Pokémon was intriguing to him. "That's fascinating. I spent quite a bit of time in the Interdream Zone that day, and I didn't run into a single Pokémon made of metal. I might have to head back there and take a look." would probably be interested, and if he needed to research Ultra Deep Sea anyway, he might as well go there, too.

At least Lam had a passing familiarity. "There's a particular Z-Move I discovered months ago, and it has become synonymous with Mauville Gym. I am confident that it is the second fastest Pokémon move in the world. Second only to the move Rayquaza used to smash the meteor." Josh had firsthand experience, having ridden on Rayquaza's back during that move. "I've taught it to many of my Pokémon with Quick Attack, especially electric Pokémon. It's called Hypersonic Plasma Charge. The thing I brought Raikiri out here to do was to go riding during that move. It's unfortunate that it's so difficult to practice. As you might know, a Pokémon can only use a Z-Move once per day."

{WC: 440}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 3:00:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Lam grinned— “I’ll bet! I moved all the way here thinking I was going to do something I really enjoyed, and it didn’t turn out that way at all.” As much as he loved painting, he was quick to realize that working in art galleries as the unappreciated assistant drained his creativity more than aided it. All that time, wasted. No pieces (in his opinion) had been worth presenting. They had accepted none of his work as well. “It wasn’t until I took up the gym circuit that I actually figured out that’s what I love.”[break][break]

He was still learning the hardship of battle and combat in the real world. The after effects of the deep sea had taken their toll on Lam, but he was still captivated by the sport of battle itself—racing included. He let out a low whistle as Josh enlightened him. “Can’t say I’d enjoy being out on the open water, but taking to the air like that still sounds incredible.”[break][break]

The offer to ride a roaring moon was met with enthusiasm. “Yeah? I’d enjoy that! I’ve seen a couple roaring moons that other people have—they’re insane!” He didn’t do much dragon riding apart from his altaria. But she was far more birdlike, and nowhere near the size. As talk turned back toward the robotic creatures, he nodded. “I haven’t come across any others yet, but it looks sorta like the one in that game?” The weird sim game everyone was playing for a while.[break][break]

“What sorta Alolan would I be if I didn’t know anything about z-power?” he added as a belated afterthought. Passhos had, after all, originated from his home region. But quickly enough, he was nodding along in interest with Josh’s explanation. “Second only to rayquaza, huh? That sounds more like a roller coaster than I can imagine.” Lam regarded Raikiri with a curious glance, green eyes blinking at the yellow feline. “Yeah, I’m aware. Awful lotta power to be dealing with—Have you used it with them before?” Or was he about to witness this firsthand?[break][break]

He looked over at the slither wing and gave it a short pat. Mercifully, it allowed him to lean on its fluffy body as his arms folded. “Let’s see it, then, Master of Faster!” he could wait to engage his big ol’ bug until after this.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 23:51:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's smile grew; he was going to get Lam hooked on the adrenaline rush that was flying on a Pokémon, and a very powerful one at that. It would be some time before Ao would set aside his pride and allow himself to be bridled, though it was something for Josh and Lam to look forward to. "Fantastic! When I get him fitted, I can call you or shoot you an email, and we'll make a day out of it." The mention of Macro Cosmos' game briefly soured Josh's mood. "Ugh, don't get me started on it. Now every soul on Hoenn knows I want to be Raikou's Avatar, and the class action lawsuit against them has stalled. As if I didn't already have enough of a target on my head for being a Gym Leader..."

He stopped rambling to get his head back in the game, as he was going to need every bit of his strength and concentration to withstand what Raikiri was about to put him through. "This is not my first time seeing him use it, but this is my first time riding him doing so. I'm confident that it's faster than Raikou using Extreme Speed." His skin tingled in anticipation, and nerves visibly grew on his face. When he rode Raikou last December, the great speed had caused his skin to flatten against his muscles and bones. While this would only be a short burst, it would be even faster than that. Descriptive to a T, the move involved a discharge of Z-Power so great that it propelled the user beyond the sound barrier. In Raikiri's case, well beyond it. "Gonna need a lot of space for this one. Might want to cover your ears, too. HYPERSONIC..."

With that, Josh crossed his arms to begin his Z-Pose, the QUICKINIUM-Z in the Zeraora's possession glowing an electric yellow. In a sudden motion, he uncrossed them and pulled back sharply with both his arms, squeezing his mount's sides hard to finish executing the pose.

"...PLASMA CHARGE!!!"

Gym Leader and mythical thundercat zipped forward at speeds that made them an unrecognizable yellow blur, a shockwave tearing up grass around them from the violent air disturbance. The unprecedented acceleration, at least by Josh's experiences, forced him to almost lay on top of the Zeraora... at least as much as his cocoon would allow him. He had ridden with his Manectric before using this move, and several times at that. When all went silent from passing his own sound waves, the electric wolf ceased speeding up, and it was rare for them to be at peak speed for more than a second or two.

With Raikiri, that was not the case. Even after no sound reached Josh's ears, he felt the sting of his skin rippling against his body. To Lam, the Mauville Leader and his mythical Pokémon may have looked like an electric comet making a slow circle around the gigantic field.

When the Zeraora sensed Josh's posture starting to fail, he began pumping the metaphorical brakes. The rider's hearing returned to him in a headache-inducing sonic explosion, taking more time to burn off his speed than building it. They overshot Lam once before circling around and coming to a stop next to him. Josh looked flushed and quite dizzy. Even Raikiri's breaths were heavy, which was to be expected after the use of a Z-Move.

{WC: 569}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 0:20:20 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

It wouldn’t be a stretch to figure out that Lam was already decently hooked on flying. The few races he’d participated in were enough to grab his attention. Prior to, he’d already loved flying–but adding the speed and maneuvering only added to something exhilarating. He shot Josh a thumb’s up. “Sounds good! I’ll look forward to hearing from you.” And who knew, maybe his slither wing would have cooperated by then and allowed Lam to fly with it as well, rather than just demanding snacks and belly scratches.[break][break]

Lam grimaced– “Yikes, I can imagine. I only know of a few routes that were floating around of me, and they were weird enough without being, you know, kind of a recognizable face.” It was definitely a level of being perceived that qualified as weird. So hopefully it was all smoothed over eventually. His brows lifted as Josh went on to explain the z-move. He saluted him as they got prepped to go. “Well dang, tally-ho to you then!” He did as he was told, hands lifting to his ears as they geared up and took off.[break][break]

It was obvious once the pair took off, the slither wing seemed to feel outdone. The massive moth clicked its mandibles in annoyance before a buzzing squall erupted from it. Lam leaned away from its large, fuzzy side as its wings started a slow flap. It shifted and shook itself out. “Ha. Good luck with that,” Lam muttered to it dryly as he stepped away to give it more space before it launched into the air. It hurtled in the wake of Josh and his Zeraora, as if Moth Man truly thought that it would catch up to the gym leader’s lightning fast feline.[break][break]

The slither wing, simply put, did not stand a chance. Even from the air, it showed up ages after Josh and Raikiri slowed to a halt near Lam again. Lam, meanwhile, had simply watched the bug’s showboating with an edge of amusement along with the interest that came from seeing the sheer speed that the zeraora had moved with. He let out a low whistle, arms folded. “That’s some move,” he chimed after the pair seemed to regain their bearings.[break][break]

His amusement finally broke into a laugh as the slither wing touched down with annoyed, buzzing rumbles. “Nice of you to join us again.” Lam stepped over to it again, hand smoothing over the downy fur above the its ahead as its wings flattened out again. “Maybe next time.” But also maybe not. For all of the paradox pokemon’s power, it lacked nimble speed.[break][break]

As he soothed the creature’s sore pride, Lam looked over at Josh. “Packs a punch, huh? You ever get used to that?” His head tilted, “Actually– you all good? You look like you might drop.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 0:52:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"No... kidding..." Josh huffed after Raikiri had come to a stop, the feline's heart thumping fast enough that a human heart would burst if it beat at the same speed. Riding during the Z-Move had suppressed many of his senses at the same time. His hearing was gone mid-run by way of riding at supersonic speed. His sight was gone mid-run by virtue of his environment becoming a soup of greens, browns, and blues from that same speed. His sense of touch had been impaired from absorbing the shock of a gallop so rapid that it, too, would have produced its own sound had the speed itself not masked it.

Without the cocoon on Raikiri's back, Josh would have fallen and suffered a grievous injury. Josh's body as it was simply did not have the strength to fully withstand and control the fastest known Z-Move. "N-n-no..." Josh stuttered, still recover from being flung about in the saddle with force that had every right to crush his legs. And yet, if there was one soul in Hoenn that could conquer this kind of speed, it was him.

It took Josh significant time to respond to Lam's concerned question, which perhaps would make him more worried. "I... should be okay..." he replied between breaths. "It'll take a lot of... getting used to. But it will be... second nature... before long..." It may have been for the best that the Zeraora could only use the Z-Move once per day under normal circumstance; he doubted he could handle the whiplash-inducing acceleration any more frequently. "I can confidently say it's faster... that anything I know Raikou... to be capable of..."

It took him a few minutes to catch his breath, but he already looked better than he was. The red spots on his skin may still have been a concern for Lam, but those would take more than a few minutes to heal. Perhaps bringing Pokémon healing to future training sessions would be a good idea. "I don't think I can handle any more today. It was great to see you and your new Pokémon; perhaps I'll be able to return the favor and help you with them later on. For now, let's head back to Mauville." Raikiri started a much more relaxing run that almost any Pokémon would be able to keep up with.

{WC: 393}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 16:09:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Despite the kickback, seeing the pair move as fast as they did spurred curiosity in Lam. Perhaps he should test it sometime, if he could gain more access to z-power. Maybe he should buy some more passhos for his garden…[break][break]
“Yeah? You sure?” Lam grimaced. It definitely seemed like a new limit had been tested with that run.,, er, sprint… speed of light dash. “You’ve definitely got grit if you’re willing to do that again enough times to get used to it,” he joked with a laugh. Honestly, he had it now, because Lam was fairly certain if he’d just done that, he’d be upchucking—even with his enjoyment of flying at high speed. [break][break]
But it was evident that Josh needed a recharge, and perhaps Raikiri did too. Though the fact that using z-power was limited could prove to be beneficial in preventing them from overdoing it. “Faster than Raikou? Huh…that’s a big feat.” He mused aloud, head tilting in consideration. He didn’t know as much about the thunder cat as he did about Alolan deity, but the speed at which Raikou supposedly traveled was pretty well known. If Josh could outpace it on the zeraora, then that was no small thing.[break][break]
Lam continued to watch Josh carefully for a moment, prepared to heft the gym leader up if he needed the extra hand or started to stumble. “Yeah sure, man. Take it easy,” he replied, waving a hand easily. “I’ll catch up with you later, I’m gonna stick around here for a bit and test some more tactics with this one.” He jerked a thumb over at the Slither Wing. “Make it back okay!”[break][break]
Once he knew that Josh had successfully retreated without collapsing off of the zeraora, he turned back to the giant bug and released his corviknight again to pair them off against one another.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 16:03:34 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: