played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
blue wave rolls nightly on deep galilee [c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 4:38:42 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

There's blood on his hands. The delightful jingle of elevator music failed to soothe the agitation that arose from the stickiness.[break][break]

Desmond breathed. “This was an embarrassment,” and his handkerchief was stained beyond redemption. It would do little to remove the stain... so, he smeared the mess against the closest grunt. The black of the uniform would not show the stains. His hand delivered a hard press, not subtle, as he lorded his height over the man. He wanted him to smell the mint on his breath and feel the tremor of his voice as he spoke low and slow.[break][break]

In a crowded elevator, there was nowhere for the grunt to hide; his fellow comrades ranked close to the back wall, cramming themselves against it, as they let him suffer through Desmond's lecture and let him act as his personal towel. “Clean up. You have fifteen minutes until the boss arrives. Try to redeem yourselves.” If they valued their lives, they would listen.[break][break]

There was a ding. His hands were clean as the men vacated the square space, leaving Desmond to sit and stew as the music began to play once more; the metal box dropping down the shaft to the lower levels of this storage facility, to the foyer, to the exit.[break][break]

Shifting focus from Kanto had come with its challenges. Resources had to be imported. Boats could easily smuggle the necessities, so long as they were indiscreet and the right paperwork was in order. Small batches; irrelevant junk to the eyes of the League officials that may have felt curious. It was not Desmond's job to handle these operations; but, he certainly benefited from them. On a cold night, he came to collect.[break][break]

And what did he find? A mess. Their cover had been blown. Someone, somewhere, had felt ballsy and had asked too many questions. The grunts got twitchy. By the time Desmond had arrived, he found himself partaking in the fun. He sneered to himself, trying to tuck the incident from his mind. It was not supposed to happen. Everything had been carefully crafted and yet, someone, somewhere, had managed to ruin it.[break][break]

The goods were shoved in the back of a van with the bodies. They cleaned their mess at the docks and drove to the nearest place–a call was made to the closest cleaner and the boat was driven out of port. Records of its arrival were stripped clean from the books. Three dead men in bags would soon find themselves disposed. If the League were to investigate, it'd be impossible to tell what had happened... but, they would guess. Their guess would be correct.[break][break]

The Hoenn League was twitchy. They had seen what had happened across the waters.[break][break]

Stepping out from the storage facility, he'd let the men unpack. Desmond felt the cold air, felt the blood that caked the side of his face, and stared out at the moonlit waters as they rolled; a force that was indifferent to the desecration that had taken place.[break][break]
tags

[attr="class","meulk"]MADE BY MEULK

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth b]font-family:georgia;font-size:8pt;color:#965353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth i]font-family:georgia;color:#965353;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2018 9:40:46 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
[GoogleFont=Old Standard TT]
{}
FOREVER, FOREVER.

[attr="class","monsterexo1"]the dark clouds beckon an inevitable downpour; a crack from the heavens is all it takes for tears to pour. it dampens the soil, taints the pavement, and washes away the sins of those who dare defy the natural order of the universe; no amount would ever be enough for the infamous rocket boss: the rightful king of blackwell.

"explain." 

his voice commands as it halts all in their tracks. his eyes undress those called upon for judgement; the one shaking and stuttering is who he deems guilty. a step closer prepares him to smite, but curiosity gets the better of him.

maroon-stained clothing fills in for what words can't, telling the unspoken tale of their blunder. "was it you?" he knows but still asks; he wants to hear the admittance of guilt. desmond stands not too far behind them, still unacknowledged for the time being.

electricity sparks and cracks in the air as luxray emerges from the shadows, stepping into the murky light the overhead bulbs cast. deux's SCARY FACE freezes the grunt in place. excuses fly, hoping to reason but instead they fall on unyielding ears, for he has his mind set long before.

people break; that much hasn't changed.

whistle.

a single CRUNCH rips the grunt's neck open; the attached body drops to the floor and it's remaining sole purpose is to bleed. "carry on." they waste no time to scatter like flies. his eyes fix on rocket's head scientist.

"desmond."

tags

MADE BY ★MEULK

[newclass=.monsterexo1]line-height:14px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass][newclass=.monsterexo1 b]color:#60495a;[/newclass][newclass=.monsterexo1 a]color:#60495a!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2018 6:34:12 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

He knew the verdict.[break][break]

The grunt's final words were inaudible. The gnashing of claws against the cement–the whistle–foretold the results of the trial. These sounds were the same as the cocking of a gun. The intentions were clear.[break][break]

Desmond does not watch; he has seen it before. His eyes were staring out to the sea, hearing the crunch as it greeted his ears with a tinge of familiarity. His hand scratched at his cheek, trying to flake off the dried blood. It was as thick as a scab; crunching and splitting beneath his fingernails.[break][break]

The body dropped. More blood pools, following the downpour of rain and staining the ground beneath their feet. The bleeding became gratuitous with the water to spread it. It flushed from the body, sloshed over the ledge to the depths. The Sharpedos would come to the baited waters.[break][break]

It was over. “Sir,” Desmond greeted, turning to regard the Rocket Boss. “I'll notify the cleaners,” they would need an extra bag.[break][break]

There was silence as the older man retrieved the flip-phone from his suit; the burner. "Were you inconvenienced?" He typed out his message. With similar cruelty, he hit the send button and decapitated the device with a quick twist of the wrists.[break][break]
tags

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 10:44:55 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
{}
FOREVER, FOREVER.

[attr="class","monsterexo1"]murky red stains the regal fur of the luxray; licking doesn't help cleanse, but deux doesn't do it to clean. the electric-type looms over the dead body, soon lying down next to it as if to claim it as his own.

"only slightly." 

desmond kelley: a man of many talents; once underutilized, now allowed to flourish. with no more restrictions, his research is allowed to cross boundaries no one dared to. rocket needs to be at the forefront, and aided by desmond's research, that possibility becomes very likely.

turning to look at desmond, he sizes up the man before him. "what happened exactly?" his voice doesn't falter. not even once. "i couldn't hear past their rambling. why do they always make excuses?" sighing, he turns away to look at the two remaining grunts, who have no qualms about unpacking; in fact, they seem to love it.

"do they think i care?"

tags

MADE BY ★MEULK

[newclass=.monsterexo1]line-height:14px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass][newclass=.monsterexo1 b]color:#60495a;[/newclass][newclass=.monsterexo1 a]color:#60495a!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 23:50:32 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

“They do not know their place,” they wished to be treated uniquely; they did not want to see themselves as disposable. “They want to be spared. They want their second chance,” so they could continue to disappoint.[break][break]

Desmond crossed his arms behind his back, keeping them tightly laced, as he came to Silas' side. He played the viscount –the adviser–with an ease that came from being associated with Rocket for so long. “When I arrived, the situation had already gone volatile. They failed to explain themselves when I questioned the matter. Fear of their failures, perhaps?” He hummed. These grunts were like children. They would always try to hide the mess that they had made.[break][break]

The scab itched. He refrained. “As I understand the situation, they had felt pressured. Two officials had arrived and demanded a surprise inspection. They presumed that their mission was compromised,” the scientist shrugged. “Regardless, both officials are dead... along with the third,” the witness. A dock worker. The reason Desmond was stained with blood. [break][break]

The tension was building in Hoenn, ready to overflow like the blood that seeped to the waters. The conflict would come. The League would continue to mount their efforts. Desmond eagerly awaited it. War was good for his line of work. It always spurred his muse. “I imagine this will not be the last surprise inspection. They're trying to slow our operations. They don't want us to secure a foothold,” but efforts were being made to secure a more permanent residence.[break][break]

“These interruptions will be costly if they continue. I will have to change my methods. Not now, but soon. I'll discuss it with the others--they're eager to meet your expectations,” because they wanted to cement themselves in this new Rocket and earn Silas' favor. Desmond had no need to play such games. He was comfortable where he stood. He knew what was wanted of him.[break][break]

tags

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 12:39:25 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
{}
FOREVER, FOREVER.

[attr="class","monsterexo1"]the league is an annoyance; like a pest that won't fucking leave, they won't surrender themselves to their inevitable fate because their egos won't allow them to. but if only they could see past that then maybe everyone's team could be saved.

they've seen what happened in kanto; the exact same will happen to hoenn. that much he knows.

their attempts at slowing down operations don't affect silas directly, but he can't afford loose ends. "three dead—" he turns to luxray. "four. we can't afford to be sloppy. that's not how we work. that's not how we'll take hoenn." 

there's nothing that angers him more than incompetence.

"not eager enough." 

he's shorter than desmond but they feel equal. silas eyes the scientist carefully, analyzing him. "we need to strike by next week. the league knows something's coming and they'll prepare themselves for it." they know because of him, but he keeps that to himself.

"can that be done?"

tags

MADE BY ★MEULK

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2018 5:53:44 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]
“Of course,” Desmond felt a smile grace his lips–it was time to fulfill his position.

[break][break]He had a deadline to meet. Some would have crumbled beneath the responsibility–staging an invasion was no simple task. One week would not be enough time for a lesser man. The tasks that awaited him would be countless; but, Desmond had experience. He knew what had to be done.[break][break]

Silas would watch the glint return to the Scientist's eyes; his muse was rekindled. “You know what they say about idle hands,” and he would gesture back to the warehouse. The white van had arrived. The cleaners were here. That is not what he wished to show.[break][break]

“Tell me what you've visualized,” and they could inspect the shipment that had arrived; they could overlook weapons as if they were swatches.[break][break]

Hoenn needed to be redecorated. [break][break]

tags