Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 6:24:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

…if I am, then you’re sure one-upping the distraction.” The growl of Navy’s stomach is mightier than Dialga’s roar of time. Famished, he looks to his own Machamp, Cassius, with pleading eyes.[break][break]
Win this. They plea. Win this, my champion.[break][break]
…or maybe it’s something as simple as come on, man. I’m hungry. Let’s go.[break][break]
Either way, Cassius waits for his senior Machamp to take the ring. Cassius is a creature of smiles and peppy energy. Today, there is no smile – not because he isn’t happy, but because his opponent is one that demands great respect. Every Machamp is a champion, but this specimen is a champion of champions.[break][break]
Four hands meet. Four arms clasp together. Cassius closes his eyes and lowers himself in a bow of deep respect. Honoring Cobra with this gesture, he rises and falls into a battle stance. A bell sounds. The smile returns.[break][break]
He rushes Cobra. To give this Machamp anything less than his all would be the height of disrespect. His left arms clench into two fists. Winding up, they launch forward into a dynamic punch. This is a reckless punch, prone to missing. A younger man’s punch before an older, wider Machamp.[break][break]
Go, go, Cassius! That’s right, go on the offense!” Navy shouts in support of his Machamp.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Machamp uses Dynamic Punch!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 1:28:49 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"i know a good pizza place, sure. like, not too greasy. cheese that stays. crust perfect. amazing leftovers." with several pats from his palm, noah suppresses a gurgle from his stomach. he cocks his head to the side, amused look coloring his face. "you're trying to distract me aren't you?"[break][break]

noah's MACHAMP, cobra, enters the fenced ring first. out of retirement just for this battle, the resurrected pokemon's footfalls possess the calmest grace despite its size. quietly, noah hides the smallest frown.[break][break]

"alright, navy! this is the second go around for you, ya?" the stagelights intensify as broiling suns paraded across the ceiling. "let's see if i can get you to come up for a third."[break][break]

his machamp huffs and assumes a martial stance. its arms flex. fists tighten and stare from various angles.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
TL;DR: can start the battle with a wrestling bell sound etc. / or i can "move" in the next round / me flexible!![break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/6FLfHdJ/noah1.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 19:00:25 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

…if I am, then you’re sure one-upping the distraction.” The growl of Navy’s stomach is mightier than Dialga’s roar of time. Famished, he looks to his own Machamp, Cassius, with pleading eyes.[break][break]
Win this. They plea. Win this, my champion.[break][break]
…or maybe it’s something as simple as come on, man. I’m hungry. Let’s go.[break][break]
Either way, Cassius waits for his senior Machamp to take the ring. Cassius is a creature of smiles and peppy energy. Today, there is no smile – not because he isn’t happy, but because his opponent is one that demands great respect. Every Machamp is a champion, but this specimen is a champion of champions.[break][break]
Four hands meet. Four arms clasp together. Cassius closes his eyes and lowers himself in a bow of deep respect. Honoring Cobra with this gesture, he rises and falls into a battle stance. A bell sounds. The smile returns.[break][break]
He rushes Cobra. To give this Machamp anything less than his all would be the height of disrespect. His left arms clench into two fists. Winding up, they launch forward into a dynamic punch. This is a reckless punch, prone to missing. A younger man’s punch before an older, wider Machamp.[break][break]
Go, go, Cassius! That’s right, go on the offense!” Navy shouts in support of his Machamp.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Machamp uses Dynamic Punch!

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 8:23:38 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
still in its pose, cobra bows back. an honorable incline that allows the stage light to pool in between the reverent ridges atop its head. the peace is brief. the tension must give way.[break][break]

and so it does; the battle erupts in a collision of fists.[break][break]

"match it!" noah says, his own hand thrown toward the ring in excitement. "mano a mano!"[break][break]

his machamp swings toward cassius: fist like a meteoroid. the muscular arm: its searing tail.[break][break]

the punches land with a resounding thwack. dusty air erupts away from their knuckles as their first contest of strength replaces the ring bell's chime.[break][break]

"that's more like it!" noah says. "rush in! SEISMIC TOSS"[break][break]

the other arms of noah's machamp mobilize, attempting to grapple cassius for a gravity defying throw.

[break][break]

TL;DR: dynamic punch vs dynamic punch / cobra attempts seismic toss[break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/9sVMxMx/100.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 8:42:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Wind rushes past the trainers watching the battle. There’s power in the many fists of the Machamp. Gripping the bars of the cage for support, he mutters a quiet word.[break][break]
Holy…” If every blow the two toss at one another in this match is as spirited as the first, then it promises to be a memorable match indeed! Steadying himself, Navy shouts orders. Anything to keep up the momentum.[break][break]
Sometimes, you just gotta be hit! Make the most of it, Cass! You’ve got four arms!” Cassius nods, as much as a man who’s been grabbed by a much more experienced combatant can nod. Trying to move the arms that have been caught by the tight grip of the older Machamp, he finds little quarter. It’s like trying to swim against the tide.[break][break]
Best to simply go with it, then.[break][break]
As gravity is defied, Cassius steadies his breathing. He prepares for the pain to come. Two hands shift into the flat, sideways hands of a karate master.[break][break]
Yaaaaaah!” Cassius shouts, the word resounding like a war cry. He brings down the two arms in a cross chop!

[break][break]

+ [break]
Machamp uses Cross Chop![break]
Machamp is caught in the seismic toss!

[/quote]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 9:35:48 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
As the SEISMIC TOSS resolves, the CROSS CHOP unfurls from Cassius' hardy arms. Noah's MACHAMP is struck mid-toss, though gravity forces their course toward the canvas.[break][break]

A groan leaves Noah's Machamp as it rolls away from Cassius. Where the chop has landed, the skin burns as if the strength of the other continually rages upon it. Still, the gym's Machamp has suffered worse; the muscle has been tempered by the torch of sudden death.[break][break]

"get right back in there!" Noah shouts.[break][break]

His Machamp barrels forward aggressively. After it attempts to close the gap, right before the Machamp would seemingly throw another series of punches, it hardens its stance for an abrupt COUNTER.

[break][break]

TL;DR: cross chop hits / machamp rolls away from cassius before lunging back with a counter[break]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/9sVMxMx/100.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 9:52:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The older warrior reads the younger like a book. Perhaps he himself once played the starring role in the story. Cassius is up, full of vinegar and easy smiles. Laughing, his smile so omnipresent as to be painted on, he’s back into the fray. His blood boils for this: to fight. It’s his nature. They call him and his fellows fighting types. What, then, are they to do but fight?[break][break]
Four fists coil like serpents. His body glows with sheer fighting spirit. Golden energy gathers around each of the fists as they launch into a reckless barrage of dynamic punches. Too late does he realize it’s his own strength that will soon prove his folly.[break][break]
The counter rocks his world, even if he gave as good as he gets.[break][break]
Cassius!” Navy shouts from outside the ring. “No harm in tappin’ out, but I’m good to keep going if you are.”[break][break]
Even then, he smiles. Four thumbs shoot up. Although he can speak no words, his very spirit shouts words for all to hear.[break][break]
Never fear, for I am here!

[break][break]

+ [break]
Machamp uses Cross Chop![break]
Machamp is caught in the seismic toss!

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 3:49:06 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Noah's Machamp's arms settle into their practiced forms. The lower limbs tighten their fists, while the upper set remain open-palmed, seeking opportunities to grapple.[break][break]

The Machamp does not push the advantage. Not yet. In honor of its opponent, it waits for Cassius to dive into the fray once more.[break][break]

"better not throw in the towel." Noah shouts. "there's so much more i wanna see."[break][break]

So much more he wants to ascertain. The League is in need. In need of trainers like Navy who can metamorphose learning and loss into stunning possibility. As Noah matches his fiery gaze with his challenger, he swears he sees Gabe's figure in the corner of his eye.[break][break]

"get in close!" His Machamp swerves toward Cassius. "THROAT CHOP!"[break][break]

An upper palm suddenly swings for the other's neck.

[break][break]

TL;DR: machamp attempts to use throat chop on cassius[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 20:15:00 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

You’re not the only one, Faber!” Navy shouts with a grin on his face. Cassius gives a respectful nod and prepares to dive back into the fray. Their spirits burn. They fight in honor of one long past, one that Navy prays watches him from the next life.[break][break]
I wanna see everything you’ve got to give! You’re my best friend’s husband! That means you’re strong as hell. I sure ain’t heard no bell, and neither has Cassius!”[break][break]
His Machamp builds up momentum in short order. Step by step, he starts to streak gold with fighting spirit. Four arms prepare to grab Cobra, eschewing defense in favor of an all out offensive barrage.[break][break]
By the time they meet, Cassius looks like a shooting star. Powerful legs grab the older Machamp, taking the throat chop for all that it’s worth. His laughter gives way to a heave as he launches skyward, streaking up towards the top of the cage. It may as well be Navy in there, flying up into the atmosphere of the world.[break][break]
Remember, Cassius! It’s like I always tell you! If you gotta fall, fall from high! Fall from somewhere so damn far up that most men’ll never reach that point!”[break][break]
And so he does.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Cassius is hit.[break]
Cassius uses seismic toss.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 4:23:35 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
best friend's husband. the gym leader laughs and wonders when he got so "old".[break][break]

when scything in so close, strikes make constant purchase. cassius' SEISMIC TOSS is no exception despite the chop jabbed against its thick neck.[break][break]

"good shit," noah mutters under his breath. to fight tooth and nail in the closest of confrontations, in spite of the immediate pain, riles up equal parts inspiration and battle thirst in noah.[break][break]

noah's machamp is launched into the air and from that incredible height, both pokemon fall.[break][break]

the canvas resounds with a deafening thud.

[break][break]

TL;DR: noah's machamp struck by seismic toss / feel free to decide if that faints the machamp or not and i can follow up![break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 23:40:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Holy…”[break][break]
…shit.” Someone in the crowd finishes. Several someones. Dust settles. Cassius has fainted on his own terms, burning out the last flicking embers of his energy to take Cobra with him. Even after being knocked out cold, two of his arms are raised high. Their thumbs are stuck high. His lips are spread in a wide, reassuring grin.[break][break]
Big guy.” It’s enough to make Navy’s chest swell with manly pride. Cassius doesn’t get much occasion to come out and fight. The Battle of Dewford showcased he didn’t have it in him to really, truly hurt others. He’s meant for these sorts of fights – fights that bring smiles to the faces of the weak.[break][break]
It makes him think of Gabe. The ache in his chest doesn’t feel so sweet as the thought passes.[break][break]
Well, it’s your rodeo. What next, Noah?” He asks. Shuwen hasn’t blinked once throughout this exchange, as far as Navy can tell. Only a stoic nod at the proceedings marks him as living flesh and not a statue.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Cassius faints. Assuming I read your meaning in the OOC notes right, Cobra faints too.[break]
The confusion that can arise from a mirror match, amirite?[break]
Navy feels manly feelings.[break]
Urshifu gives a stoic nod.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 0:37:37 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
as his machamp is recalled, noah recites grace against its pokeball. he has uttered gratitude many a time; however, since the pokemon's return, each quiet prayer carries the incomprehensible weight of sootopolis salt, sea, and stone.[break][break]

"shouldn't be a surprise to you." noah says.[break][break]

he throws his final pokeball against the cage. it cracks open, unsheathing his single strike urshifu from its cardinal light.[break][break]

"don't go easy on me." the gym leader says. "just you. me. and our urshifu."[break][break]

noah's urshifu lunges forth, paws out for a test of strength should the other desire it.

[break][break]

TL;DR: noah's machamp struck by seismic toss / feel free to decide if that faints the machamp or not and i can follow up![break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 11:45:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy’s never known Shuwen’s age. The two met under extreme circumstances. Close as they’ve become since their paths crossed in the interdream mist, he’s never asked the bear. Stepping into the ring, the Urshifu has the bearing of an older fighter. Cracking his knuckles, he gives a respectful bow to his counterpart.[break][break]
Oh, this is gonna be good!” Navy grins. “Shuwen here? He’s one of the best damn fighters I’ve ever met. Give ‘em hell, Shuwen!”[break][break]
Navy swears he sees the Urshifu smile. Shuwen falls into a fighting stance and rushes forward. A handful of quick steps, like a stone skipping on a pond, and his fists are within reach of the opposition.[break][break]
Ora!” Shuwen screams, a bellow screamed with every ounce of air in his lungs. He opens with a surging strike, a short series of jabs meant to prod at the single strike Urshifu’s defenses.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Shuwen the Urshifu joins the fight![break]
Shuwen uses surging strikes!

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 1:23:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
brackish blows collide against NOAH'S URSHIFU. each punch is like the sea throwing itself against barnacled, burly cliffsides. however, no matter how strong the rockface may be, water erodes and wears.[break][break]

"watch closely!" noah growls. "find an opening!"[break][break]

pained grunts leave noah's urshifu's throat with every blow. but the strained expression it bears suddenly tightens. brows tighten. it glares with scrutinizing focus to DETECT an opening before launching a WICKED BLOW against SHUWEN'S gut.

[break][break]

TL;DR: noah's machamp struck by surging strikes / detects -> wicked blow[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Battle Bears [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 11:49:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

If Shuwen’s fists are the water that erodes mountains, the other Urshifu’s fist is the explosion that wholly levels them. Air is knocked from Shuwen’s lungs. An unseen fist moves past his defenses, knocking him back with resounding force against the cage holding them in the ring.[break][break]
Navy feels nostalgic. It reminds him of when and he fought in the caves beneath Dewford. One strike versus many. Relentless speed versus powerful precision. Both Shuwen and his trainer have grown since that day. They’ve learned how to take hits.[break][break]
Shuwen stumbles up. A hint of blood drips onto his jaw, quickly wiped away. The bear does the only thing he knows how to do: march back into the fight. See this through until the bitter end.[break][break]
ORAAAAAAAAAAA!”[break][break]
Shuwen’s fist surges up in an uppercut, an aerial ace meant to send his opponent heavensward. Jumping up, one fist cascades into many, overflowing with fighting spirit. Using one of Navy’s favorite tactics, he hopes to regain some of his lost vigor with a siphoning drain punch.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Shuwen is hit![break]
Aerial Ace - > Drain Punch[break]
Mechanically it's 1 drain punch but it's flavored as several punches.