Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
RKS: BARNABY & ANYA #1
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:55:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in the Hoenn desert. However, upon scrutinizing the area, you realize this is not the Hoenn of modern day. The people around you look like they belong to an old civilization. Busily, they work at constructing what appears to be a temple or tomb among the great dunes of this place.[break][break]

When asked, a worker says, "We are creating a great protector. Eons ago, a great star fell from the heavens and landed here. We are finally able to harness its power. Go. Take a look!"[break][break]

You enter the incomplete tomb to see a large chunk of some unknown purple material. Red veins pulse throughout it like blood—or poison. It emanates a great power. Before it, several boulders are set against each other.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Touch the purple chunk.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Disturb the boulders.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
snake-eyed with a sly smile
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:13:04 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

the stripping of her title has not deterred her. she has had to be more careful with her letters, and she'd warned not to send anything in return. he hasn't made a move for her extraction either. so she remains vigilant, staying true to the mission. 

like all others, she has poured over barnaby's file. his name hasn't yet surfaced in her notes. she's been busy digesting and cataloguing information missing from the silph database. 

when they load in, she absorbs the information with an avarice that surfaces only in these rare instances. her cold eyes cut to admin bee and then she reaches for the chunk of 'material.'

touch da chunk
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 20:50:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

TOUCH THE PURPLE CHUNK
[break]

Barnaby wasn't entirely sure what to make of . A recent head scientist quickly demoted, she left more questions than answers in her wake. He found her aloof and mysterious air fascinating, but her work within ROCKET... dubious. What was the reason for her demotion?[break][break]

Not a lack of scientific curiosity, obviously, otherwise she wouldn't be here in this simulated realm with him. Moreover, she wouldn't be attempting to clutch at the poisoned stone before them.[break][break]

"Careful," He warned, knowing that it wouldn't stop her.[break][break]

Barnaby was perfectly content to let touch the chunk of luminescent rock, anyway. It was eerily familiar to him, reminiscent of a ruined timeline. Best she take the brunt of whatever was to come.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 50 pts

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 20:51:05 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You touch the purple chunk. Suddenly, you and everyone nearby is overtaken by a horrific vision of a skeletal dragon soaring above the planet, its ribs and claws as sharp as its tendrils. From a nearby meteoroid, a DEOXYS shoots outward. It attempts to attack the ETERNATUS.[break][break]

In the process, a fragment from the ETERNATUS' BODY falls toward the earth...[break][break]

All of you come to and see that the mysterious material is pulsing. With every pulse, the purple chunk begins to manipulate the spatial elements of reality around it and yourselves. Paranoia begins to settle in... before the scenario shifts.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Shift to the next scenario.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 22:00:15 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

is this the skeletal creature mentioned of some reports she'd read? a deoxys, without its human shackle, chases after it. and the rest of it plays out, teasing paranoia out of her. it's an alien, foreign feeling, and it does not sit right in the back of her head. 

so it's ineffectual and easily ignored. she gazes over at her companion.

"what do you make of this so far, admin bee?"
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 21:26:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

SHIFT TO THE NEXT SCENARIO
[break]

Once the vision subsided, Barnaby turned to face Anya, his expression contemplative. [break][break]

"Like Deoxys, that skeletal dragon is not of our realm..." Given its otherworldly power and abilities, Barnaby could have guessed that himself. It was interesting to confirm it within the simulation, though.[break][break]

"By why attack it?" The DEOXYS' hostility seemed odd to him and reminded Barnaby of a fragmented memory. A weathered tapestry, a battle between titans...[break][break]

"Necrozma did as well..." He added, though this statement was mumbled behind a thoughtful finger pressed to Barnaby's lips. [break][break]

Before he could continue, their reality shifted to the next scenario.

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 50 pts

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 3:29:32 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]significant figure event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]FARHAN 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The Hoenn region has plunged into war. Battles are waged between Team Rocket and the League throughout the land. From this high on MT. CHIMNEY, you can see the destruction taking place. Cities groan as earthquakes raze buildings. Flames burn through forests and fields.[break][break]

Farhan, a Kindler, stands before you. He seems to be protecting the volcano's mouth for whatever reason. As a bead of sweat rolls down his cheek, the man says: "do you come in peace, or to violate this sacred mountain?"[break][break]

He waits, pokeballs in hand. His gaze rests on a peculiar device you have hauled up here. It looks like a bomb of some kind.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Defeat him.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Aid him.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 21:36:24 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

the digital world leaves them, pixel by pixel, and builds itself back up around them. anya looks out over the burning region, its warm glow making her eyes look almost green. they flicker down to the device that's manifested in her hand when he speaks and anya weighs their options. 

their choices drift eerily by his side.

"fascinating. are these simply eyes into other dimensions?" their choice does not matter. from what she's read, the pathways can be rerun. they'll divulge all of the data, sooner or later. 

so she examines the device and tosses it to barnaby, nodding toward their option above farhan. 
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 22:33:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

AID HIM
[break]

"It's difficult to tell." Barnaby responded once their new reality solidified around them. It was a familiar scene, showing a devastated Hoenn below their perch on Mt. Chimney. [break][break]

"Are these scenarios showing our own universe? Or others? Past, present, future? Who's to say?" Though there were hints if you paid close enough attention.[break][break]

Even now, facing a reoccurring character. The admin knew Farhan from the Fleur Tea Atelier, the Rondez-view of Luv game... he kept popping up.[break][break]

"I suspect the DRK Triad is watching us here..." But he wasn't sure why. [break][break]

The only way to find out, reasoned, was to continue running through each simulation. The more data the better.[break][break]

"Let's see what happens if we help him."

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 100 pts

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 22:34:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]significant figure event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]FARHAN 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You decide to aid him. Farhan sighs in relief and his fellow Kindlers take the heavy device, ready to deploy it as a defensive mechanism against any intruding forces. As they haul it away, Farhan is quick to offer gratitude:[break][break]

"thank you... ever since our moltres' cousin sided with rocket, the volcano has been a site of great contention." Farhan wipes sweat off his brow.[break][break]

His Torkoal mews, alerting them to trouble ahead.[break][break]

"quick. we must set up defenses."[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Prepare defenses.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 3:04:28 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

the decision matters little to anya. she'll run through these simulations over and over again, read reports from others (if she can get her hands on them), and decode the information to binary. store it in the recesses of her brain and make deductions so that it makes sense

so that it can be compartmentalized and delivered neatly, in shorthand, to the father of her child.

what barnaby says, though, gives her pause. the simulation waits for their decision. farhan sways in a loop of shifting weight. behind the veil, are they watching? 

she's not used to being the lab rat. 

they set up the defenses and she stands off to the side. little defenses can be made save for calling forth their own pokemon so she does just that. shiva and kain emerge from their pokeballs, fangs bared. 

anya turns, looking out into the digital abyss. 

"moltres' cousin," she muses. "unless one of our own isn't sharing something with us, it's not our present, at least."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 21:20:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

PREPARE DEFENSES
[break]

MOLTRES' cousin. Perhaps it had been searching for family, as had once proposed.[break][break]

"Caught that, did you?" And with Farhan here, it meant that this wasn't in the past. So, how far into the future did this particular scene take place? [break][break]

"Perhaps we're due for a windfall here soon."[break][break]

It was something would keep in mind, even as the digital landscape pixelated around them.

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 100 pts

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 21:20:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]arceus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]1000 HANDS 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves on an advanced space ship. Around you stars and space debris sprawl out in incredible kaleidoscopic vistas. Upon investigation, the ship's notes and instruments seem to be seeking the "ascended hall of origin".[break][break]

Eventually, your out of world experience is interrupted by a violent rocking of your vessel and blaring alarms. A large hand-like being crushes a part of your ship as if in search of you and your friends.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Fight back.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Let one of you be taken.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 22:39:59 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

she could care little the whims of legendaries that wish to make themselves known to rocket's underlings. however, a new piece on the board might be just the thing she needs to pull the spotlight off of her. declan's kept up his promise of keeping a watch on her. 

so far, she's passed his judgment with flying colors. if she hasn't, she doubts she'd be standing here right now. 

"perhaps," she says. the scene reinvents itself and she raises a hand as the side of their impromptu ship is blasted apart. white fingers crawl through the opening, snatching at constructs. their options present themselves and she raises a hand, summoning the effects of the first choice. 

shots are called around them. units straighten up and release a fresh wave of pokemon. 

anya paces and watches the scene unfold with newfound interest. 

"if not our present, is it theirs?"
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 3:10:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

FIGHT BACK
[break]

The "Ascended Hall of Origin."[break][break]

Barnaby puzzled over this apparent destination of theirs as Anya paced around the control deck, uninterested in the blaring alarms that now rang throughout the space ship.[break][break]

He'd been here before. He knew the outcome of surrender. It'd be interesting to see what happened if they fought against the God hand pursuing them.[break][break]

"Theirs?" He questioned, turning in his seat to hear her explanation.

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 200 pts