gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
You will die with a kiss on your lips and a lie in your heart.
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
The Old Man and the Boy [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 23:36:14 GMT
Nikolaj Volosenkov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikolaj1"]
[attr="class","text"]

The ocean surrounding Pacifidlog Town was calm; Nikolaj's fishing boat rocked gently with the waves. Occasionally, a cloud in the sky provided brief respite from the harsh summer sun.[break][break]

The man did not get to spend much time fishing — or being away from his responsibilities in Oldale Town, for that matter. But upon receiving the offer of promotion to Ranger Captain of Oldale and Littleroot, he'd decided he'd earned a small vacation.[break][break]

And so he had rented a little boat and pushed off from the pier at Pacifidlog for some much-needed rest and relaxation. His Lapras swam a short distance away, careful not to disturb his fishing line. Meanwhile, his Magnezone hovered nearby as defense.[break][break]

Who knew what dangers lurked in these peaceful waters?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Duo Wild (water/flying/dragon)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]--accent:#6C8FE5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 15:47:19 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
An invite from the Ranger Captain of both Oldale and Littleroot would have seemed like a formality to anyone else. Though Sven knew Kolya for years. The man was more like a second father than an authority figure -- not that he didn't feel the man deserved respect. He was just a lot less formal with him than most. Maybe that's because the Volosenkov patriarch was really just a big old teddy bear deep down around the right set of people.

"Hey, papa Kolya," he greeted at an even volume as not to disturb any potential pokemon that swam in the radius of the man's fishing lure.

Sven raised his hand as he balanced on the back of his Dewott. He seemed to remain rather carefree about the waters -- nothing had popped out at the pair yet, so there was reason to be at ease for the scientist. With careful precision, he maneuvered onto the boat with careful steps as not to upset it. He was quick to approach the larger man and give him a quick hug from behind, arms looped loose around the shoulders.

"Thanks for the invite, how have you been holding up? Sasky told me about your recent promotion, congrats."

He released his careful hold on the captain and took a seat on the opposite end of the boat and carefully dug his own fishing rod from his bag before he began to snap it into place and cast his own line.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 22:58:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY POLIWAG APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LOW KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIND READER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOGEKISS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SUPER LUCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOLLOW ME
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AFTER YOU
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SKY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 23:57:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nikolaj raised a hand in greeting as Sven approached on the back of his Dewott. Lapras trilled softly, too, when she saw the boy and his Pokémon, and bent her head to nudge Sven as he climbed onto the boat.[break][break]

"Hey, kid," the old man greeted his companion for the day.[break][break]

Saskia had been spending a lot of time with Sven recently — understandable, considering how they'd basically grown up together — and he wanted a chance to catch up with Sven, too.[break][break]

"Thanks. It's been the same, really. Life doesn't change much in Oldale." Which was simply not true, considering all that had happened recently. "Still trying to figure out what's going on with the Icelands."[break][break]

Just then, a Togekiss swooped into view, skimming the surface of the water. Nikolaj watched her fly for a moment before nodding at his Magnezone. The Steel-type cut off the Fairy-type's advance with a quick DISCHARGE.[break][break]

Nikolaj threw a Pokéball. Then, as nonchalant as can be, he flipped open the lid of the cooler he'd brought and pulled out a bottle of beer, which he handed to Sven.[break][break]

"What about you? How've you been?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Duo Wild (water/flying/dragon)[break]
Catching Togekiss

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 13:15:47 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"I'm good!"

It wasn't exactly the truth, but it wasn't a lie either. He found himself buried up to his neck in research tasks that he'd taken on and tenaciously held onto because he was stubborn. But that was work, this was a day to relax and enjoy the Volosenkov patriarch's company. (Maybe he was jaded from knowing Kolya for so long, but he didn't see how some people found him to be so gruff and intimidating. Sven had no qualms about greeting the man with a hug.)

Before he could even register it, Nikolaj had both taken down and attempted to snag the Togekiss that swooped down. That split-second reaction must've been the power of a ranger captain. He found it admirable and flashed a wide grin at the Magnezone that floated above the water. Kolya always had an array of interesting pokemon. But before he could say anything, he felt the Lapras nudge at his arm again an he let out an earnest laugh before he reached up and gently stroked the pokemon's head.

"I know what you want," he said with a chuckle.

Sven dug into his bag before he pulled out some granola that he'd kept for pokemon. As he offered it out, the Lapras happily began to nibble it out of his hand as he reached up and stroked a palm against the top of its head as he mentioned for the Lapras to be gentle with its eating. Thankfully it seemed to have an easy temperament as it listened. With the treat gone, Sven turned his attention back to the water. Though when he saw his bag begin to squirm, the brunette turned his attention to it and peered inside.

"Hey!"

The Poliwag stopped its rummaging and looked up at Sven with crumbs from the granola around the corner of its lips as it stared at the younger man in surprise, its mouth drawn into a circle and eyes wide. With the sight unfolded, he couldn't help but laugh. Sven simply dug the creature out of his bag and held it just above the water.

"You're cute, but I think Marco will get jealous if I--"

The wild Poliwag shot at his face with Bubble and caused Sven to drop it back into the water. Face now thoroughly drenched, he looked over at his Dewott, Marco, who snickered at the sight of its trainer. Sven wiped his face and soon gathered his focus back on Kolya.

"If you or Saskia ever need a plus one for the icelands though, you know where to reach me," he offered with a thumbs up. "Kyurem right? It might seem impossible to revert the land back, but I personally believe there's never a zero probability if you're determined enough."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:40:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HAXORUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RIVALRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BREAKING SWIPE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LASER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NINJASK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SPEED BOOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE TOGEKISS!
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 19:08:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Everything that happened with the Poliwag occurred behind Nikolaj's back. He focused, instead, on the fishing line that he'd cast, hoping to see the bobber dip below the water's surface. Nothing happened, of course.[break][break]

"I appreciate that," the old man said of Sven's offer. "With everything that happens in his region, there's definitely a way to reverse all that snow and ice. But how is the big question."[break][break]

But now that the boy had brought up Nikolaj's daughter…[break][break]

"You and Saskia have been hanging out a lot lately," he observed. It wasn't a question, but Sven should be used to Nikolaj's way of speaking. "I'm glad to see you're still close after all these years she's been living in Sinnoh with her grandfather."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Skipping

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 16:57:53 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"It's a long shot, but Kyurem was the cause, right? Unova also has a fire dragon in its collective. It wouldn't hurt to try and locate Reshiram for its assistance in the matters."

Little did Sven know that Reshiram was already within reach. He wasn't familiar with the ranks and members of the Rangers other than those he'd crossed paths with. Naturally Nikolaj and Saskia were within that select few. With the pondering of a dragon within theoretical reach, he felt a sense of frustration. It was in that moment Sven realized just how very little he knew about Hoenn and the legendary beasts that had granted their favor to humanity. He sunk his teeth into his bottom lip. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to inquire more about it at another time.

But his thoughts were completely thrown out of focus the moment Kolya mentioned the two had been spending a lot of time together. A thrilled smile bubbled across his features as he gave an eager nod. Then an awkward laugh.

"I mean it's so great to have reconnected with all of you," he began. "She didn't tell you that I cried the first time we saw each other again, right? I was just so overwhelmed with everything during the bubble going up that seeing a familiar face shortly after it was dropped came as such a shock. I didn't realize how much I missed her until she was right there."

In the midst of his talk, his Dewott swam back to shore to make an attack on the Haxorus that stalked its way around on land. The two took to battle in a furious flurry and the only thing that pulled Sven out of his reprieve was the cry that his Dewott let out to let its trainer know it weakened the dragon enough. Sven quickly stood up and haphazardly dug through his bag to grab a pokeball and fling it as far as he could. Somehow the pokeball managed to reach the Haxorus in an attempt to catch it.

"I'm sure I didn't miss her anywhere near as much as you and Camila did though," he partially joked. "It's been tough being separated from my family so I can sort of sympathize with you both. But it's been easier, you and your wife have been like a second family to me."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 3:46:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUMINATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYWAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSE RAY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARAVIA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WING ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE TEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE HAXORUS!
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 16:46:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Reshiram. Perhaps Sven was onto something. Since becoming a Ranger Captain, Nikolaj was privy to the information that Head Ranger was an Avatar of Reshiram. Perhaps he should reach out to request a special expedition into the Silent Icelands with Razz's patron.[break][break]

Avatarship was something Nikolaj still did not fully understand, but as long as the Legendary Pokémon was on their side, that was only a good thing — right?[break][break]

"Not a bad idea, Sven," was all he said about it, however.[break][break]

The conversation turned to Nikolaj's family. He couldn't help but smile at Sven's enthusiasm for Saskia. "She didn't say that, but it's good to know she has someone who loves her that much."[break][break]

There. A careful deployment of such a powerful word.[break][break]

"We think of you as family, too. You know, I've always wanted a son. Saskia is a wonderful daughter, and she's very much like a boy sometimes, but it's not the same as having another man in the house."[break][break]

The implication was, of course, that Sven had stepped up into that role over the years — and that Nikolaj would be prouder still if Sven joined the family properly.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Skipping

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 16:28:41 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Had Sven had any further foresight to give, he would have realized the game Nikolaj was trying to play. No shock that he seemed utterly ignorant however. The idea of love wasn't really something he thought long on -- it was normal to love family and friends, right? But the following words Kolya offered caught Sven completely off guard. He nearly dropped his fishing rod from the shock that came. Had Kolya just said that his family viewed Sven like a son? A hand came up to cover his mouth.

It wasn't until that moment he realized just how lonely he had been. How he wanted so desperately to have someone to fall back on, that safety net of family, that there was something akin to it right then and there. His eyes burned but he didn't dare to let any tears slip out. Because he wasn't sad. If anything, he was elated. A shaky breath shook his body as he attempted to calm himself down.

"I'd love to be the son you never had if you'll have me," he offered admittedly shakily.

At least his tone of voice came off as even. No sense of his own inner turmoil. He didn't want to burden Nikolaj with those feelings, the man had enough on his plate as it was. Sven shifted just a bit to turn around to say something to the older man, but he was nearly flung out of the boat by a violent Staravia. Sven was quick to hold his arm up to block the sudden swoop of the quick attack the creature offered.

His body teetered just over the edge, but he managed to keep himself steady. Hands clasped the edge of the boat as he pulled himself up and eyed his Dewott with a nod. The otter like pokemon hopped out of the water and onto the edge of the boat where it pulled out one of the shells it kept to throw at the Staravia. The Razor Shell attack managed to make contact and brought the cocky bird down. And as it began to plummet, Sven took out another pokeball and threw it at the bird.

"These wild pokemon are getting a bit bolder, make sure to watch yourself."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 8:41:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PRINPLUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLPOOL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TURTONATOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAMETHROWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL TRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"] RAPID SPIN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE STARAVIA!

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 14:48:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"You have my blessing, then."[break][break]

A rare, pleased smile split Nikolaj's face at Sven's words. He assumed, of course, that the boy completely understood what he was saying: to marry his daughter.[break][break]

Just because Sven had been somewhat dense as a child didn't mean he was that way as an adult. Right?[break][break]

Nikolaj nearly jumped out of his seat when the Staravia attacked, ready to retaliate in order to protect his companion and their rental boat. But Sven had a handle on things, it seemed, and quickly captured the wild Pokémon.[break][break]

Settling back into his chair, Nikolaj returned his gaze to the sea. He and Sven continued to fish and catch Pokémon for several hours, enjoying the peace, conversation, and each other's company.[break][break]

But eventually, it was time to go home.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Skipping

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 0:34:19 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Brows knit together, quite baffled at the Volosenkov patriarch's words. His blessing? For what exactly? But nonetheless, his expression softened as he turned to look at Nikolaj, met with the back of the man's head. He was too focused on fishing to really bring the topic up again. So he didn't. Instead, he accepted such a blessing in a reassuring silence. While he hadn't reeled it in, the Prinplup that swam up to the boat seemed rather interested in the fishing rod. Even enough to give it a gentle tug. Sven's eyes widened in surprise to see such a dapper pokemon making its presence known.

A hand offered out to the penguin as he felt excitement bubble in his chest. It seemed that like Sven, the Prinplup would be a new addition to the evergrowing family. The Prinplup offered its flipper to Sven and he flashed the creature a look of surprise before his features softened once more.

"You're so polite," he mused. "Did you want to join the family too? There's plenty of room."

He offered one final pokeball out to catch the Prinplup and relaxed back into the boat. Maybe when they weren't so entangled in the ambience that the waters offered, he could ask Kolya exactly what he meant with his words. For now, he'd just live in ignorant bliss.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 23:08:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]SVEN CAUGHT THE PRINPLUP!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLPOOL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!