Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 23:34:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

By now, Thomas was used to the heat that was the norm in the Hoenn Region. But today seemed to be a particularly awful day. The Kalosian had long since removed his shirt, leaving only a pair of jeans, and his usual boots.

Some of the Pokemon, however, were clearly having a terrible time with the heat. Despite being given extra water, several of them were slumped over in the shade, laying on the cool soil in an attempt to stay cool.

The Kalosian knew what he had to do.

"Rufus, I need you to herd all the Pokemon that aren't taking to the heat well, and get them into the tunnels.", he'd tell the Arcanine, who'd bark eagerly, and start on his task.

He'd then spot one of the guests on the Ranch. "Would you like to check out the tunnel network?", he'd ask her.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 0:27:36 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

Out around Verdanturf Town, Yuina was slowly but surely exploring more of the region little by little, branching out to different areas and staying out from Petalburg at longer and longer intervals. She was getting more confident, more comfortable, really if only just so, but hey, anything was a start?[break]
There was a ranch that she'd heard about out in the outskirts, and it sounded like a good way to see some Pokemon and learn about them without the chance for something wild to happen, just an opportunity to take it easy for a little bit. She'd made her way that way, and had Kano out with her, but goodness if it wasn't exceptionally hot that day...[break][break]
"It's a good thing you're a fire type Kano... Maybe today wasn't the day to come outside," Ina huffed, leaning up against a fence then as she wondered if maybe she should come back another day... When someone called out to her, a man who definitely looked like he worked here at the ranch. He asked about looking at the tunnel network? She wasn't quite sure what relevance that had, maybe it was part of the tour of the ranch? But tunnels had to mean shade, and right now, any excuse to get out of the sun...[break][break]
"Oh, uhm, yeah, that sounds great! It's a little too hot out, it'd be nice to get out of the sun for a second," she replied with a smile, though a tired one.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#c51000; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#c51000; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 2:14:42 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

It wouldn't take the Arcanine long at all to rally up all of the Pokemon that needed to be rallied up, even giving the smaller, or more exhausted one rides on his back.

Thomas could tell that the woman was not comfortable in this weather. Though many wouldn't be able to take the heat, he could tell who was less acclimated than others. "If you need them, I've got coats at the entrance. The part of the caves we'll be going into will be cold.", he'd warn her.

The Arcanine would dash back to the two humans, carrying several Pokemon on his body, with several more trailing him.

"Good boy!", Thomas cooed, as he petted the Arcanine affectionately. Rufus would gently nudge Thomas with his head, briefly lifting Thomas off of his feet, causing the tall man to hug the Arcanine's head, nuzzling him.

Once the Arcanine got his fill of his master's affection, he would greet the woman, and her Growlithe. Despite his size, it was clear that this Arcanine was extremely friendly.

Thomas would open a hatch leading to the underground. All of the Pokemon would eagerly rush into the entrance to the tunnels, gladly getting out of the sunlight.

tags:

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 2:53:12 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Off to the side coming towards them as Yuina had approached the man who worked for the ranch, an orange and black Pokemon that looked oddly familiar padded along with a whole slew of Pokemon in tow, some draped along its large back. The Pokemon were varying levels of tired and exhausted, and it was all due to just how hot it was outside. The man mentioned potentially grabbing a coat for going down to the tunnels, was it really going to be that cold when it was so hot outside? She thought about it, but didn't immediately feel like it was necessary as she looked out to the scorching heat.[break]
"It's so hot out... I think I'll see what it's like, it should be fine," she returned, not sold on grabbing a coat yet.[break]
The large canine Pokemon moved earnestly towards what she had to assume then was its trainer, watching the way he praised the Pokemon for doing a good job, and she smiled fondly. It was always good to see such an enthusiastic relationship between a person and their Pokemon. He then turned his attention on her and Kano, and she was just as delighted as his trainer was as he sniffed at her, she laughed a little at his large huffing breaths moving her hair as she pet and stroked the large mane of his fur. Kano barked and pawed up at the canine, sniffing just as eagerly and already enjoying the company of the other Pokemon.[break][break]
"Are these tunnels for the Pokemon that can't be out in the heat for long periods of time," Yuina questioned as the man opened a large hatch, and the Pokemon eagerly began to file in. Surely even something like a standing structure wasn't enough when it was this burning outside, and some Pokemon just weren't suited for higher temperatures than others, they had to have some reprieve.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 19:58:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"The section of the tunnels we'll be moving towards will get cold, especially as we get closer to it.", he cautioned her.

As the Hisuian Growlithe raised a paw at the Arcanine, Rufus let out a cheerful Bark, nuzzling the smaller dog affectionately. His tail wagged back and fourth excitedly as he interacted with the Hisuian Pokemon.

If the Growlithe chose to join his mistress, he'd find the Arcanine would stay behind on the surface. Someone had to stay behind to guard the Ranch, after all.

Once they got underground, she would notice that the temperature in the tunnels was indeed cooler than that of the surface, though as one would expect of an underground corridor. The tunnel itself was well lit, and more than wide enough to accommodate large Pokemon, as well as the many smaller ones who joined them. A rack of coats of various sides hung from a wall-mounted rack near the hatch.

Thomas put his button-up shirt back on, before picking up a large coat for himself.

"Actually, these tunnels lead to underground biomes, for Pokemon that aren't meant to live in the fields.", he would explain to her.

The group of Pokemon, after taking a moment to acclimate to the tunnel, would immediately begin rushing off down the tunnel. They would go in the direction marked with a snowflake symbol.

tags:

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 16:50:26 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

At the mouth of the tunnel, Yuina waited for all of the Pokemon to file in while Kano yipped back at the larger canine that stood with them. Kano looked back and forth from the tunnels to the large Arcanine, and barked back at Yuina, sitting on the ground.[break]
"It's okay Kano, you can stay out here. Help him keep an eye on the other Pokemon maybe? We'll split up the work to help," Yuina encouraged, she wanted Kano to have a good time out on their little day time adventure today, and if he didn't want to into the tunnels he didn't have to. The Growlithe barked and stood again with a wagging tail, going to join the other Pokemon. Yuina in kind moved down to follow the man who was taking the rest of the Pokemon out of the heat, and she watched him grab a coat off of a rack... Fine, that was enough for her to warrant grabbing one too.[break]
"Underground biomes? Are there more Pokemon down here than what were already up in the fields," she questioned, rather confused? She'd never heard of such a concept before as a biome?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 4:44:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Kano decided to stay above ground, Rufus barked eagerly. The Arcanine wanted to play with the Hisuian Growlithe. Soon, they'd be joined by another Hisuian Growlithe, this one wearing a green collar to mark him out.

Thomas smiled as the woman grabbed a coat off the rack. "We take cleaning the coats very seriously.", he assured her.

"Oh yes, Duvet Ranch is host to many different Pokemon. Many of which don't survive too well on farmland. So for that purpose, underground biomes were built in order to give these Pokemon their ideal climate.", he'd fill her in, walking as he talked.

When they would finally catch up to the group of Pokemon, they would end up in an icy cavern. A Sneasel and Weavile pair were skating along slick ice, while one of the Audino was cuddling up to a Cubchoo. A Glaceon pounced Pulse, giving the fluffy Audino an affectionate lick on top of his head, much to the delight of the healer.

"Not many areas in Hoenn accommodate Ice-types. So to make sure they can thrive, we dedicated this chamber to our icy friends.", he'd remark, smiling.

tags:

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:55:07 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Needless to say, as skeptical as she had been about it in the beginning, Yuina was sure glad that she did grab a coat as they ventured further into the tunnels. She listened to the man explain that Hoenn just wasn't a great place for Pokemon like ice types and others, and so they made a special place just for them to be comfortable.[break][break]
"Oh wow, you weren't kidding," Yuina shivered, and all of a sudden they were in a space filled with ice, and snow! It was beautiful, she'd never seen snow before, the way it sparkled and seemed so fluffy as the Pokemon ran around.[break]
"This place is incredible, are there other places that try to help these ice type Pokemon that have trouble in the region? Where can ice types exist naturally if the region doesn't accommodate them," Yuina wondered, gripping the coat rather tightly now, but she was too enthralled to have anything to say about being too cold.

notes[break]
Heat Wave Event Mission in Verdanturf Town[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 18:10:43 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas looked over the Pokemon, it was clear he was comfortable in the cold. The man didn't even button up the coat, but was clearly not shivering.

"I would hope other places that house Ice-types take a similar approach. I know this is a more - costly way to do it, but I would hope the others would find a way.", he'd begin. "There is the Shoal Cave near Mossdeep City that houses them. And after we prevented 99943 Meteno from wiping us all out, the Silent Icelands emerged near Oldale Town, but that area is rather hostile.", he'd explain to her.

Being able to successfully create the underground biomes, in order to house such Pokemon, and more, was one of Thomas' prouder accomplishments.

"Of course, this isn't the only biome. Other sections of the tunnel lead to an underground lake, a hot cave, and a wider cavern for Rock and Ground-types to thrive in.", he'd reveal to her. "Just as the path to this biome was marked with signs bearing a snowflake, you'll find the paths marked accordingly.", he'd continue.

"My name is Thomas, by the way. I'm the owner of this Ranch.", he'd finally introduce himself to her.

tags:

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 19:12:17 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Not quite sure what he meant about something getting ready to wipe them all out... Yuina nodded along at least with the explanation of how ice types generally didn't have many places in Hoenn to exist, and so facilities like this were a way of helping that. He also elaborated on the series of tunnels housing so many more species of Pokemon and Biomes for them to live in, it really was like an entire sanctuary it seemed.[break]
"Wow, thank you, Thomas, for the tour around here, this place is really great," Yuina thanked, though she was certain it was probably about time to try and find Kano up above so they could make their leave.[break]
"And thank you for getting us out of the heat, hopefully it doesn't stay too hot for too long around here," she said too, having been very thankful for the temporary reprieve from the scorching sun outside.

notes[break]
Heat Wave Event Mission in Verdanturf Town[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cool Off (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:24:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: