awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 20:12:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]fernando finds a break in her departure, however short. readjusting his mental aptitude does him well and he leaves the turmoil when he runs his hand through his hair. a silent groan is kept within his throat as he redoubles his effort into his previous task. there's still an equation to solve and he's yet to crack it. he just needs time, he reassures himself, delusional but resolute.

when she settles next to him, he looks at her, curious. "open room?" the way he questions her shows he understand the implication but he wants her to say it. he wants clarity, to be offered it whole and without pity.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 8:18:02 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

She's busy with her papers, cramped by sitting beside him instead of using her own desk but she'll manage. "Yup." she nods, confirming for him that that is indeed what she just said. "Me and the housekeeper are usually the only ones around, more than enough room for you too."

If he's digging for something she either doesn't catch on or is ignoring it. "Well and the pokemon of course." she takes a moment away from her work to grab the sticky note again, adding a couple more pokmeon to the party, complete with confetti and hats before sticking it back to his computer screen, this time in the corner and out of the way.

There's a subtle sort of expectancy when she looks back up at him, waiting for his to brush her off which is what she's anticipating.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2019 8:52:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "oh." fernando answers her with a plain, apathetic tone. that was surprisingly straight forward and the added tidbit about the housekeeper is enough to temper his misplaced expectations.

"i don't think mine will fit." not because any one of them is too large but because the number he carries on him is much more than anyone else. his style of carrying reflect onto him as a person and their vast numbers paints fernando for what he is, prepared, selfish, and prone to mistrust.

"pass. this office is room enough."

and unsurprisingly that answer is right in more ways than one.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2019 9:01:04 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

There's a notable frown followed by a single word. "Disappointing."

She's not even sure why but it is. "Maybe I'll make room for some of your pokemon to visit instead then."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 23:01:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] her frown brings a smile to his face. he's not sure why but it feels instinctive, as if her displeasure brings him a great satisfaction. he account it to teasing while answering with a mildly mocking tone. "did you want me to, isra?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 7:08:19 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Not anymore." she's quick to retort, because she's going to refuse to give him the satisfaction of her saying it straight out.

"You're welcome to leave your pokemon on my front porch though, or the garden wall. It's lovely during the night and I'm sure'll they'll enjoy it."

Because if he's not going to someone might as well, and Isra is already a fixture in her garden on a regular basis anyway.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 7:59:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] her retort tells him more than enough. her attempt to cull his satisfaction only compounds upon it and he laughs to himself. "you're so stubborn. i didn't mean to hurt you feelings." his tone says otherwise. he reeks of a need to antagonize her but that's nothing new. the banter is the basis of his position as her boss.

"you can take whichever ones you want with you. i'm sure they'll enjoy it as well. gives you a chance to give them a chance at something new, hopefully."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:05:43 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The laugh doesn't even surprise her and she continues with her would-be-pout. It's hard to say how much she means it if only because it could go either way. "It takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings. It's your loss anyway."

Isra pauses in conversation, eyes scanning a paper that has something of interest to her and taking a pen to jot something down on it and underline several lines. "Careful, you ever know which ones might decide they like me better and choose to stick around." she's joking of course, she'd hope he can be reasonable with his pokemon if nothing else.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:14:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "yeah, yeah. i'm already regretting my decision." his sarcasm is almost as thick as his ego. almost.

fernando frowns at isra's change in actions and puts the pieces together. he assumes she's making a list and actually dead set on picking some of his pokemon. interesting. "if they want to stay with you then that's their loss anyway." he tries to match her tone but it comes out more crude. "i don't want pokemon that value another trainer over me."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:22:46 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"You should be, my home at least has some character." an obvious jab at how extremely bland fernando's home seems to be. Something she still doesn't quite get.

She peaks over the paper at the one behind it, something lines up and she underlines it too. "Or maybe you just need to handle that specific pokemon better." or something like that.

#silph

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:28:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "you see character. i see needlessness." fernando's home is lacking by design. it's intentional and his minimalism isn't something he's ashamed about. he's quite indifferent to it in general.

"handle them," he repeats mockingly. "you can domesticate them but they have their own personalities too. some don't mesh and i have no use for those that don't follow what i need. there's already too many of them as it is."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:34:47 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Ira look up at him like he might have ground a second head. "Or maybe you're just bland."

"They do have their own, and if you learn how to handle them they'll be just as strong a member of a team as any other. Treating them all the same means missed opportunities and you'll always be the lesser for it."

His comment doesn't surprise him though. It sounds stiff, like many other things about his personality seem to be.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:38:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "probably."

he allows the minor conversation about decor to die. there's not interest in the subject. it's the other talking point they have that he dives into.

"they adjust or they're replaced. they work hard and are rewarded handsomely for it, like any other job. taking time to accommodate one means sacrificing time that could be spent on three. in a numbers game, more is better."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:48:33 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Until the more doesn't have the skillset to address a situation because you left a huge gap in their training by treating them all the same. Just because numbers are capable of overcoming a challenge doesn't mean they are the correct response and are always capable of giving you what you need. Having pokemon with training designed for them and their specific strength or to compensate a specific weakness accounts for that. " she returns to her papers amidst the conversation.

If he's content to keep talking about it then so shall she.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 11:10:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"then don't let there be a gap. i train them thoroughly and most situations can be broken up to simple curriculum." his smile widens if only because he knows he's right. "if they overcome the challenge then that's the correct response. people and pokemon should be used for their strengths. we work with others to overcome our weaknesses. no one is good at everything, isra. not even me."