1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2019 6:59:51 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Her brows furrow because in some way she feels he just said exactly what she was saying but in a way that wasn't what she said. "so, thorough blanket training and numbers to compensate weaknesses rather than teaching the pokemon to overcome it themselves?" she asks to clarify, pen tapping at her lip while she thinks, just as much about what he aaid as the paper in front of her.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 3:27:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] well, she's not wrong. kind of. maybe?

"something like that. there's a reason public education has a textbook curriculum for a large population instead of teaching students individually. it's more effective at a high level." fernando squints at her, eyes narrowed, probing her curiosity. "there's a reason why trainers fail where they should succeed."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 6:59:57 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"We're not talking about school. Just because the tactic works for humans that will never see battle doesn't mean it applies to pokemon who's entire co-existence with humans at this point hinges on battling and a status as pets."

She looks away from him and scrunches her eyebrows, not because she has a problem with what he said but because she' just flabbergasted she even has to point that out to him at all.

"And that method leaves a gap. Isolate and exploit."

She says nothing else, waiting for his response.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2019 1:07:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "they still undergo the same principles that are applied to a general system. fields may differ but lateral logistics don't." fernando crosses his arms, defiant. "but, if you think there is flaw in how i train, feel free to prove it. i'd love for you to show me."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2019 2:44:17 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"And the variables and context influence the outcome." she narrows her eyes at him, determined as ever. "Is that a challenge to battle fernando?" though her face is stern her tone is almost more playful about the idea. She's neither for or against it really, but she's willing to prod at him all the same.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2019 9:38:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "rarely," he corrects. "not enough so to make a difference over a large sample size. consistency proves value, the results make it true." fernando smirks at her probing and he pushes back. "only if you think you can win."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 7:34:08 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Attitudes like that are how giants fall flat on their faces." she retorts because if she doesn't say something different they will end up talking in circles that she doesn't feel like falling into. "I do." Isra doesn't even know why she feels the need to be huffy about it but she does- and she blames fernando entirely for it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 8:03:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"yet here i am, tall and proud, never brought to my knees." fernando sneers in both contempt and absolute arrogance. the way he values himself is a cut above others but there's some merit and proof behind his words. while his methods may be unorthodox and inhumanely cutthroat, the objectiveness behind it is something he vouches for time and time again.

"but if you truly think you can win then i'd love to knock you flat on your face."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 6:20:11 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

she almost snorts in response, reigning herself in just in time. It's almost hilarious how he gets some times and she cant decide if its a good or bad thing. Probably bad but the rest of her life gives her nothing better to do with her time than be entertained by him.

"Even if someone did knock you down you wouldn't admit it." fact. She's doesn't bother with clarifying because it's every bit a part of his demeanor.

"and sucks for you, these heels are taller than your attitude and if they can't put me flat on my face you definitely can't either."

She sticks her tongue out at him like a child at play. No part of her it taking the challenge seriously even if she should. It's not even really to prove the point now, now it's just fun.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 20:29:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando balks at the accusation, knowing full well that Isra is both wrong and right. "The day I find someone who can is the day I devote myself to a true challenge." That's why the Ultra Beast are so frustrating to deal with. His whole life has culminated to conquering anything that stands in his way. Now he faces something that defies all odds, laughs in the face of the rules Fernando has based his life around.

He doesn't show a hint of weakness nor contemplates his next choice of words. Time had proven him the victor time and time again and he knows to stand by his own answer, thrusting himself head first as the pioneer of his own esteem. "Hope that you never have to test that statement, Isra." His warning gets offset by her own version of deescalating his taunting and Fernando settles down, for now.

"Whether it's you or those things, I'll handle you all in due time."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 20:21:03 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Nothing in his response surprises her, not even a little bit. It all reeks heavily of Fernando and his typical attitude and demeanor. Something Isra has grown used to and in some ways fond of. Others not so much.

"That sounds rather ominous, planning to take over the world next Fernando? No wonder these space beasts are so damning to you." the amused chuckle is likely a familiar one, laughing at her own joke. Something she finds herself doing only in his presence- likely in the hopes of annoying him because even when something should be giving her a red flag she doesn't take it to heart. Isra seems thoroughly unbothered by him at this point.

"I'll be waiting for the day you do then, so I can make sure to knock you off your throne." Isra is grinning, amused below the painted surface of her gestures. Perhaps because the idea of it makes it worth her while to follow him around until he gets there. There is little more satisfying than taking a king's crown and Isra would be more than willing to try. Though she thinks Fernando would take such things far too seriously.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 22:29:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Tch."

Take over the world? How melodramatic. His vision for the future is much simpler and far more manageable. Just the concept of entertaining such a cliche thought annoys him and his simmering down gets roused back up. "And they're not to you? I'm glad you can find something so damning so lightheartedly."

His frown is met with Isra's glowing smile and he finds the whole ordeal too tiring to entertain. With a huff, he shakes his head before pointing his finger at her, "You'll be waiting forever then. Perhaps when I'm frail and old, but by then none of that will matter."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 7:54:41 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra blinks.

Not at what he says but at the fact he dares to point his finger at her.

"Are you really doing that Fernando?"

She leaves the discussion of ferocious aliens behind because to her they are a threat on paper and in a vague space of reality that she had not witnessed. A distorted view that could only be brought into focus if she witnessed them first hand which she had not. She had seen the destruction but even then, until she sees what is left of mossdeep in full for herself it holds no true merit.

"I really hope that I don't have to wait that long, that means going to the same old people home together and dealing with you yelling when I shove you and your old man bones off that throne." she's half amused and half horrified at the idea.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
resurgence
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 4:54:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando misses what she's referring to completely. What may come off as uncharacteristic to her seems natural to him. He doesn't catch it and stares at her stupidly. "Doing what?" The question comes out more aggressive than usual but it makes sense considering his mood. There's room for him to mock her and laugh haughtily about how he'll crush her for eternity but he leaves it silent until he can connect the dots of her question.

But then she detracts from that statement and his face turns from one of mild annoyance into deadpan disgust. "In your dreams, maybe."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
resurgence
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 8:05:00 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Pointing at me, what else?" it's a bit more literal than she necessarily intends, her eyes never leave him. She's not entirely used to him doing something quite so... dramatic. Perhaps a slight show of character that is abnormal to her mostly confined interactions with him. Isra finds routine easy to be in if not boring and mundane and for Fernando to break out of it catches her off guard.

It doesn't last. "I had better not, I have way better things to dream about than you." she retorts, though with much less apparent disgust for the conversation than fernando sports.