6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Burn That Fat [M][C/Elliot]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 21:59:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
No matter what therapy or medicine Josh tried, it wasn't helping Craggro get better faster. The constant howling when the Hisuian Arcanine thought he was hungry wasn't helping matters, either. There were times when he just wanted to return the big dog to his Poké Ball, but that would simply make the process of working off that fat, and the side effects of the medicine, take all the longer. Even Josh's pride was at times annoyed by the whimpering. "I know it's painful for you, Craggro, but you'll start to feel a lot better over time. The start of it is the worst, but you'll be back in full form before you know it. Don't you miss being able to EXTREME SPEED?" It was true; the fire-type simply no longer had the stamina to initiate, let alone hold, the move. He would need to rebuild his stamina.

Another Pokémon Josh looked to build the stamina of was Aslan, his Pyroar. Having never fully recovered from the surgery, he had lost quite a bit of speed that had warned him not to try to train him to reclaim. Rather than speed, he would train the lion for distance running and rough terrain. He would have several partners with him, too: his Gym Trainers, ACE SHEEKE, ERON IUNIS, and ARAVAN ESCHER. He also had @elliot , whom he was also giving lessons to. Where was he? Did Josh give him the right time to show up?

@elliot

{WC: 245}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Craggro         H!Arcanine        Obese
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good 
Simba           Pyroar            Good 
Kovu            Pyroar            Good
Nala            Pyroar            Good
Rani            Pyroar            Good
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:28:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Sorry for the wait!" Elliot hollared as he ran up to the Gym Leader. Hands on his knees he heaved in a deep breath. As sweat dripped from his pores. His eyes were slightly blurry from the sweat pouring from his body. And his shirt looked somewhat damp where the armpits and chest were.

His hair was tied in a high ponytail but it looked rather frazzled due to the humidity and the amount of traveling he had done. To put it simply, he looked like a wreck. Wiping his brow he stood up to his full height of 5'6".

As he breathed in once again. His lungs felt like they were on fire. And burning like a furnace. And yet he tried to not let it show. And despite everything he still had the gall to smile, if somewhat tiredly. "I got caught up in some things." Tilting his head slightly he noticed Josh's expression as the brunette looked at his Hisuian Arcanine. "Is something wrong?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 20:50:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh turned around to greet Elliot and immediately looked concerned. "You okay, man?" he asked. "You could have asked one of my Pokémon to give you a ride! This place is huge and not really meant to be traveled on foot." He would have laughed, but there was nothing funny about how the person he was supposed to be training with had run himself ragged. Without another word, the Gym Leader whistled for Mastema, the Togekiss flying high above the Gym. In a swift dive, the summoned Pokémon appeared before the two of them, patching Elliot up with a dose of LIFE DEW at the trainer's command.

Elliot drew Josh's attention to Craggro, the rotund Hisuian Arcanine. "It's a long story. The tee-el-dee-arr is that his body chemistry got messed up where he has low metabolism yet always thinks he's hungry. It's... made him a few hundred pounds overweight, and I'd like to fix that. It's going to take a long time, but we'll get through it." He sighed as Josh's lions approached to greet Elliot, the Gym Trainers following suit. "But you were here for a riding lesson, correct?"

@elliot

{WC: 192}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 12:28:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The somewhat sickly young man simply gave an awkward chuckle at Josh's admonishment. Thankful for his Togekiss's ability to heal. Feeling a lot better he stood up now perfectly fine. The absolute wonders of Pokemon! "I'm fine, thank you Josh, Togekiss!" Turning his attention back to the Gym Leader. Elliot nodded as he smiled. "Yes! I've road some Pokemon before. But I guess riding my family farm's Mudbray doesn't count, huh?" He explained somewhat bashfully.

They didn't even add that they had a lot of help and guidance at all times as well. It wasn't exactly an amazing achievement. Especially when they were only around eight years old at the time. He remembered being so scared too. He remembered crying after he got off the small horse pokemon. It wasn't his crowning moment that was for sure. "I'm all for learning properly, though!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 4:47:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh smiled toward Elliot as the sweet but intimidating-looking lions converged their gazed upon him. "No need to be modest! I've had plenty of students sign up with no experience at all." Admittedly, his pride of Pyroar wouldn't be the easiest to learn with, but they were as gentle and obedient as the species would get. Their saddlery would mitigate some of the power behind the predators' flexing backs, but it would still be bumpier than even the wildest horse Pokémon.

Josh would gesture toward the two females and two males expectantly looking at Elliot. "These two are Nala and Rani," he introduced the ladies, "and Simba and Kovu," the same for the large males. All the lions were bigger than Pyroar usually were, but not uncomfortably large; they stood a little taller than Josh did. They were just the right size that one could comfortably hop on without feeling like their thighs were burning from their legs being spread too far apart. "Any of them would be great to learn with." If he were to ask Josh more about each one, he would find out that Nala was the fastest of the lions, Simba was the best distance runner, and Rani was the most agile. Kovu was the most well-rounded of the four.

Whichever Elliot chose, Josh would start by taking a diagnostic. "So how much experience do you have? Do you know how to make a Pokémon speed up and slow down, and how to steer them?"

@elliot

{WC: 251}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 16:00:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Elliot hadn't seen Pyroar in real life before. However, he did see them in textbooks, on tv, and the internet. He studied about them before too. On an essay of gender-specific evolution. But seeing them in real life... They were truly as majestic as he always saw them as. His gaze focused on Kovu, the large lion Pokemon looking at him expectedly like the other male, Simba. Turning back to Josh, he nodded before thinking a bit.

"Well, I was being guided, my father held the reigns while we moved around." Elliot looked a bit bashful since it was basically just a guided pony ride. "But he did teach me the basics while riding." He looked a tad nervously at the pride of lions. "It's been years so I'm not sure how well I'll do." He gestured towards Kovu. "But. I think I decided which one I want to try and ride. Kovu. If that's okay?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 5:06:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Some experience was better than none. Even if wasn't controlling the Pokémon firsthand, every bit of knowledge was helpful. "He's a great choice for a beginner," Josh tried to reassure the worried-looking Elliot. "Kovu doesn't have quite the speed the others do, but him being more responsive means you won't have to pull so hard on him to get him to turn. Not saying he isn't fast, though!" They were all still Pyroar, some of the most deadly ambush predators in Hoenn. In the wild, these lions were capable of putting on some real speed. Under the guidance of a Gym Leader focused on speed, Josh's Pyroar were fast enough that they could get ticketed for running on a public highway at full gallop.

Kovu crouched next to Elliot to make it easier for Elliot to climb on. One of the first things he might be able to feel after being seated was the lion's reverberating purr, a sign of just how powerful the cat's lungs were. They not only served as the source of the species' deafening sonic attacks, but the added oxygen flow let them maintain their breakneck pace far longer than many other feline Pokémon.

If there was a big cat that was ideal for racing, it was a Pyroar.

"Alright, let's see what you can do. I just want to give you a warning that Pyroar's backs flex a lot more than a Mudbray's does. It'll be a bit bouncier than you're used to. His saddle mitigates as much of it as possible, but just be aware you'll get a little more feedback. I'll keep pace with you." Elliot would find the controls, particularly using his knees or legs to control speed, to be much more sensitive than that of a Mudbray. A firm squeeze would send the Pyroar into a run faster than most equine Pokémon could run with little effort from the regal reline.

@elliot

{WC: 323}
{PC: 4}