awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Wyvern Riding Course [Gym]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:35:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

These Charizard weren’t out to play; they were here for serious business.

What made this section of the entire thing even worse was the fact that the further in they flew, the more… obscured their field of vision would get! It was like there was glitter hanging in the heat hazes—mirages were prone to appearing if they weren’t careful…

Much like the illusion of safety that Miss Elise had found herself in.

(This is what heat does to your head, everyone!)

While it looked like there were next to no Charizard flying around in her area, truth of the matter was that there were two flying low that suddenly took an aerial rise in the middle of wrestling with each other! The two Charizard were also breathing fire like it was nobody’s business; and one stray tongue of flame would catch on her Noivern’s wing.

Up ahead, even he was also having problems; coming to a very rare stop near the edge of the course to better figure out that he wasn’t seeing things either.

Back to where Miss Elise was…

The other Charizard’s tail would then come swinging wildly upward towards the rider; and if she wasn’t fast enough to dodge, she may get knocked off Minerva’s back!

7zK7jVzT

part 2: welcome to the flaming aerial valley! match exactly one of the rolls to proceed; otherwise dare you want to know what happens if you miss?

·
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:01:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The two Charizard around the fiery aerial course were not playing around as they would try to stop the Noivern and her rider from getting through the gauntlet itself. Elise had to bet her own coins on this round that she would be able to get through the obstacle in one piece or she’ll be in really bad danger from the fires. Feeling the heat coming from the tongue of flames hitting her Noivern’s wing, the rider in her pilot’s gear uses the reins to have her Noivern push back the fire with her flapping wings while looking up to see the other fire type starter try to knock her off her mount. [break][break]

Minerva veers away to try to avoid the attack from the other Charizard and with a hiss, she goes to join up with Alex and his own Noivern. Well, hopefully Elise wouldn’t be knocked off her ride at the time that they can catch up with the gym leader and his flying mount. [break][break]

MoGTiBGD

[break][break]

NOTES

- I need this luck right NOW

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:09:46 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The next obstacle that was waiting for them up ahead—while it looked clear, fact of the matter was that there was a certain Toucannon at the helm today.

For yes, the entirety of the evolved part of the Toucannon Mafia™ was out and about; flying around under the heat of the blaring sun while firing, on constant repeating cylinders…

Bullet Seed mortar fire.

Thankfully, the other rider would be able to catch up with them—at the cost of being a little disoriented due to one of the Charizard angrily roaring at her before flying off in a huff.

“Yeah… welcome to Bullet Hell, in more ways than one,” he cackled once the other was close enough.

“You know how it goes. Try to get past this entire stretch in one piece; if you get hit, minimize the damage you’ll get!”

And off he flew straight into the thick of it, the angry recoiling noise of hard-shelled seeds literally pinging like bullets in mid-air.

They were small, fast, and damned hard to see! Eye protection would be a necessity this round.

DDC5kkKS

part 3: mortar rounds, featuring the Toucannon Mafia™: roll higher than the total of Birddad’s rolls to proceed, do you want to know what happens if you roll lower?

·
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 20:17:52 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Not being knocked off her Noivern through the fiery gauntlet was a boon, but she had gotten an angry roar from a Charizard at her face. Alex calls out to her that the third obstacle was what he called the Bullet Hell which was a series of bullets shot at by his Toucannons. After getting past the disorientation, she replied back to the gym leader. “I’ll make sure that I’ll be careful through the bullet hell.” When the blond man and his Noivern flew through the hail of Bullet Seeds, she has her Noivern follow them through the bullets. [break]][break]

Like machine guns, the Bullet Seeds fired from cylinders shot at them would have the Noivern try to weave through the Bullet Seeds. Because while they did survive the Charizards and their fiery gauntlet, having a rain of Bullet Seeds on them would not make them safer from harm! If there were stray Bullet Seeds pelting at them, Elise would cover herself with her arms to ensure that some wouldn’t hit her eyes though her pilot’s goggles protected her eyes from being shot at. [break][break]

7G0kuvOR

[break][break]

NOTES

- This isn't Touhou's Bullet Hell, isn't it

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 20:29:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Good thing for Miss Elise…

Despite the earlier setback they’d encountered at the previous obstacle, things were starting to look up for them this time around! While most of the ricocheting noises meant that a vast majority of the Bullet Seed mortar ‘shells’ whizzed past by her harmlessly—

Over where he was flying, though, was going to be a bit of a problem.

“Oh, come on, Fen, don’t stall on me now!” he wailed as the Noivern, for all that he was—was still a big-ass baby at heart. The moment some of the ‘mortar rounds’ hit the Noivern’s eyes, though, he’d almost gotten bucked off; which caused him to fall behind and have the other rider take the lead for now!

However, being up ahead wasn’t always a good thing… was it?

The ‘rounds’ continued in intensity as even the heat haze caused by the glaring sun from above caused the shimmering air around them to distort—oh, boy…

5e|0bi23

part 3: mortar rounds, featuring the Toucannon Mafia™: roll lower than the total of Birddad’s rolls to continue; do you want to know what happens if you roll higher?

·
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 20:59:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Thank goodness that the bullets from the Bullet Seed whizz past her harmlessly and they would be able to continue toward the other flying pair. She watched the other Noivern and his rider struggle a bit though they didn’t have time to stand there. Through the Bullet Seed, Minerva flies through the bullets as the ricocheting noise fills the ears of both the rider and the Pokemon. In spite of the course being dangerous for an inexperienced rider, she actually had a lot of fun with riding her Noivern through the obstacles. [break][break]

On getting closer to Alexei and his Noivern, it appeared that the rider was struggling with his mount. “Are you doing alright?” The female royal called out to Alexei before she’s able to catch up with him, but he probably can handle what his Noivern did since he was the gym leader himself. [break][break]

KVpk6ZMd

[break][break]

NOTES

- Going through bullet hell

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 17:08:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It wouldn’t take long before the final obstacle for this obstacle course would appear—however, it would not come easily.

For our fair-haired challenger, a ricocheting blast of last-minute Bullet Seeds that had been fired would snag on her Noivern’s wings, and cause their flight pattern to list off towards the left before another rebounding ricochet would very nearly strike her close to the face should she not be careful!

After wind, and scorching heat—the final obstacle would be…

Rain.

Lots of it, a centralized thunderstorm brewing across the home stretch—but what made this different from the other variation of his non-trad course was that the rain would be coming down, along with mud to obscure vision!

Hope you brought a change of clothes…

y86NKlR7

part 4: Thunder Plains™: roll exactly one of Birddad’s rolls to pass through the first half safely; do you want to know what happens if you miss?

·
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 20:17:03 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Her Noivern unluckily didn’t dodge most of the Bullet Seeds as they would ricochet off her wings and cause the bat wyvern to be out of balance in the air. “I’ll pull us through this, don’t worry.” Her gloved hand pats the back of her Noivern as the wings of the wyvern flap through the hell that the Toucannons put them through. If one didn’t have the will to go through this bullet hell, that person may have to give up on getting through this obstacle in the course.[break][break]

But not her and her Noivern.[break][break]

After the royal ambassador in her pilot’s gear gains the balance she needs on her Noivern to fly through the Bullet Seed hail, the final obstacle between them was the rain coming from the threatening grey clouds above them in the open air arena of the Fortree gym. What made it the main threat to her and the Fortree gym’s badge was not the rain, but the mud that would come towards them if she couldn’t see through the droplets. [break][break]

Directing her Noivern with the rose decorated reins, the flying dragon tries to avoid the mud as she glides through the rain with Elise putting on her pilot’s goggles to guard her eyes from the raindrops.[break][break]

kaDNzFBR

[break][break]

NOTES

- We're not singing in the rain this time.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 20:14:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Trouble would come for Miss Elise not even a few moments into the final home stretch.

While the rumbling thunder and lightning flashes would provide illumination through the torrential rain, the fact that not only rain, but mud would be raining down the both of them as well!

A rather powerful splattering of mud would obscure the Galarian royalty’s flight goggles; which would force them to come to a stop in mid-air while the rain and mud continued to pour down.

The longer they delayed, though, the more the mud would obscure their view of the course ahead—along with the ominous rumbling of thunder up ahead, would alert them to get a move on and not stay idle too long!

LldEBzdE

part 4: Thunder Plains™: roll exactly both of Birddad’s rolls to pass through the next half to clear the course; do you want to know what happens if you don’t make it?

·
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 1:16:33 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

This was the home stretch that she had to cross through the rain and the mud. Unluckily, both the rider and her Noivern had to stop mid-air due to the mud reaching the flight goggles that the woman had on. An annoyed huff came from the ambassador as she wipes off the mud with her leather gloves before using the reins to have her Noivern fly up to where Alexei and his own were a little away from them in the air. Imagining that Josh himself would have the same problem in his non-trad, she focuses on getting through to the end of the obstacle.[break][break]

Her Noivern flies through the rain while the mud is still raining down on them. Minerva screeches as she flies out of the mud’s way and feels the rain pour on them though Elise doesn’t mind the rain making her pilots’ gear wet. Their victory will come soon, she was sure of it.[break][break]

in18jLGE

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pls give me good luck.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 18:12:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The last stretch, the long haul, before—

A sudden blob of dirt and muck struck both the Noivern and rider the longer they delayed out there—because the more the wind began picking up, the stronger the rain would become.

And the rumbling would be a cue for them to get the fuck out of there!

He’d already cleared the final obstacle and was waiting for her to catch up when he squinted back towards the torrential downpour—and saw that she’d run into a smidge more of bad luck!

“Come on, Miss Elise! You can do it!” he cheered from his own Noivern, who was now coasting on an updraft while he waited for her to emerge.

When she would finally emerge from the downpour, he would immediately call for blankets and hot chocolate—as well as tea, knowing her—before pointing her downwards towards the very same waiting shed where he’d taken the younger Josh after the other had gotten struck during his challenge.

“I’ll meet you down there!” he called as his Noivern then took a tight turn; several in fact, before finally coming to a landing and letting him slide off, before shaking his wings once he was out of splatter range.

The blankets and the hot drinks were waiting for them in the waiting shed once she would arrive, and he was already holding something small, and cold in his hands.

“One thing’s for sure: you had a better success rate than little Josh did. He literally drew a big, fat zero when he completed his run of the obstacle course! I mean, you’ve seen the replay reel, right?” he cackled.

(Love you, !)

“Another thing, you didn’t give up, even in the face of the odds stacked against you. For perseverance, keeping calm and not losing your head… hold out your hand.”

Once she would do so, he would drop the special something into it.

“Congratulations! You’ve won the Skyrider Badge.”

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 18:34:40 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She hears the gym leader call out that he would meet her down there before she directs her Noivern to make the same turn and finally, the dragon lands near where Alexei and Fenrir were down on the ground of the arena. Getting off of her saddled Noivern, the Galarian royal comes over in front of Alexei who tells her that she did better than did. “I did see the replay before we started, yes. It’s a bit hard to believe the Master of Faster himself could do any less.” A little laugh came from Elise since Josh was more into speed types of challenges than having to go through obstacles.[break][break]

As he talked about her demonstration of not losing her cool and persevering in the face of bad odds, she held out her hand and sees a sky blue badge in the shape of a wing on the palm of her gloved hand. “Thank you, Alex. I do feel reinvigorated now during the challenge even if I had some bad luck with the other obstacles.” A smile came on the ambassador’s face as she gives him a wave of good-bye. “I think I should have an appointment at the embassy happening around the late afternoon, so I’ll see you later.” [break][break]

Turning on her heel and holding the reins of her Noivern to have her walk out with her, she would go outside to mount her dragon and fly off towards Rustboro City.

[break][break]

NOTES

- And that's a finisher!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 6:26:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: