TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Isaac Has IBS (Insanely Beautiful Soul)
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 6:08:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A needle punctures the thin membrane of the bottle. A reddish liquid drags inside the syringe, opaque with cruel promise.[break][break]

Chu-e taps the air out of the needle before placing it down carefully.[break][break]

Spinning around in their seat, Chu-e smiles sweetly at the man they had just invited into their home.[break][break]

"So. You want dinner before or after the poisoning starts?"[break][break]

A shiny skitty forcefully rubbed her face against 's legs, demanding pets and attention.
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— IBS

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 17:47:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]å°Žé€šęŠµęŠ—
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Not even a question. I'd like to at least taste the food before it starts coming out of both ends, thank you very much."[break][break]

Chu-e's cooking was amazing. Between his past visits to Chu-e and the little bits snuck him on the road, he'd had plenty of chances to see for himself. You know what wasn't amazing? Struggling to keep that cooking down because the poison was kicking his ass from the inside.[break][break]

It felt weird negotiating the terms of his own agony. It felt even weirder doing so while spoiling a cute little kitty with all the headpats she could ask for. Isaac didn't know if he could ever square Chu-e Choi, Rocket's most cunning Beast and host of an ultra-dangerous parasite, with Chu-e Choi, cat-loving goofball of an enby and master of the domestic arts.[break][break]

He'd have to soon. He'd be on the receiving end of both of those over the next few weeks.[break][break]

" 'Sides. Your cooking deserves the right appreciation. We can kick off the pain after that, yeah?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 20:26:14 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e hummed as if thinking over 's answer. Then they shrugged and hopped up from their chair.[break][break]

The basement addition for all the illegal shit hadn't started yet, so Chu-e was working out of their craft room. So, the room was filled with lots of things like cute fabric and yarn on one side. The other side looked like a chemical factory. The meet-up in the middle was perhaps the funniest.[break][break]

Wiping their hands off on a bright pink cloth, Chu-e motioned for Isaac to follow. Much of the house wasn't fully moved-in yet, lots of furniture missing. Chu-e also hadn't been able to bring many personal objects with them. But the kitchen was still fully loaded, the first thing they had focused on filling up for some shred of normalcy.[break][break]

It smelled amazing. A thick stew with lots of spices was removed from the stove. It was filled with veggies and some lumps of tender looking meat if Isaac took a peek inside. A giant loaf of crispy, handmade bread was pulled from where it was being kept warm in the oven. A simple meal that Chu-e had put a lot of effort into for this occasion.[break][break]

"It's ox tail, so watch for bones." Chu-e was already getting dishes out for Isaac to serve himself.[break][break]

"I think today we're going to go over recognizing some of the poisons by smell and taste. Then I'll put my juice in you and keep you stable."

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 1:08:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Chu-e's craftroom definitely set the stage for his strange, paradoxical nature. Isaac was honestly surprised he needed a basement lair. Here in Sootopolis, an off the grid land dependent on Rocket's law alone, they could probably be doing this out in the open without raising any questions. Maybe even Chu-e needed to separate their quirks (adorable) from their quirks (deadly).[break][break]

Which of those did calling the poisoning process "putting my juice in you" fall under?[break][break]

"Please never call it that again," Isaac said, because he was pretty sure would freak if another person put their juice in him without her consent. "The poison, that is. Not the stew. Though we could also call the stew 'delicious.' "[break][break]

It looked delicious. It smelled delicious. It would be Isaac's last meal that come out in a horrible slurry of Isaac juices. Bread and stew. It was a classic combination, easy to cook and filling as hell. Isaac wanted nothing more than to dig right in and savor what Chu-e brought to the table.[break][break]

Then, moments before he the spoon touched his lips, he froze.[break][break]

"Wait a minute," Isaac said, eye narrowed suspiciously. Chu-e's last words to him continued to echo through his head. The ones that didn't involve their juices, at least. "One trickster to another, this isn't another change-up, is it? The first of those little taste tests?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 7:09:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Juices." Chu-e repeated, a half mumble. They had already taken their seat and was busy chasing a soft chunk of carrot with their spoon.[break][break]

They have the audacity to look at with wide, innocent eyes. As if they had no idea what the other was talking about. It would have been a pretty good act is Isaac didn't know the truth about them.[break][break]

Instead of answering, Chu-e nibbles on their food and starts a story.[break][break]

"You know, one of the first times I met here in Hoenn, I almost poisoned him?"[break][break]

It's said more as if Chu-e had spoken of winning a board game or perhaps stunned Cillian with a cool trivia fact about Walruses. And not. Well. Killing him.[break][break]

"I invited him to my house to talk. I made a batch of sandwich cookies. Except one of them, I had cut out the frosting in the middle and placed a lethal poison powder. If he had bitten into it, the moisture from his saliva would have made it start to have a chemical reaction."[break][break]

A crust of bread is dipped into their stew and popped into their mouth.[break][break]

"But he was nice to me, so I didn't trick him into eating it."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 13:58:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As Chu-e told their tale, he glanced from the spoon to them, then back again. The utensil hung there, frozen, Isaac not daring move it an inch closer or further from his mouth.[break][break]

Finally, a smile spread across his face.[break][break]

"I ever tell you that you have beautiful eyes?" he asked. "And that, if you needed me to, I'd wash all the dishes after this dinner? Just wanted to make sure you knew."[break][break]

Isaac was pretty sure he'd been nice to Chu-e so far, but it never hurt to hedge his bets.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 17:39:41 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e just smiled back, sweet as ever.[break][break]

"You're cute, and I do like guys who make me feel tall, but you'll have to work harder to get into my bed, Isaac."[break][break]

Chu-e did a very exaggerated eyelash flutter at the other.[break][break]

They seemed to be eating it just fine. No adverse effects! But also knew the trick of who Chu-e was as a person.[break][break]

Their lips quirked upwards at the side before Chu-e could school it away.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:41:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A flustered blush shot across Isaac's face. Damnit, that wasn't what he was going for at all! "O-oi, that's not-" he stammered, before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. "You really had to punch below the belt, huh?"[break][break]

Ah well. Chu-e did warn him they were a snake.[break][break]

At least while he was trying to figure out what was going on here, he was able to see how Chu-e was reacting. They munched away at their stew without a care in the world, which would have normally been a pretty good sign that things weren't poisoned. However, Isaac didn't scoop out those plates, so who knows what Chu-e could've added between portions?[break][break]

Chu-e would know Isaac knew that, though, wouldn't they? Hell, if they were telling Isaac about 's near-poisoning, it was a sign that the game they were playing was pretty obvious. They wouldn't tip their hand if the stew was genuinely poisoned, right?[break][break]

Or would they? What if they just wanted Isaac to think that?[break][break]

Ugh. This was getting impossible. At this point, Isaac decided he'd just eat the food now and sort out the consequences later. He took a big old bite of stew, perking up at how tasty it was, and then washed it down with a nice, cool sip of water.[break][break]

See? That wasn't so bad, right? Clearly, he'd been all worried for nothing.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 18:53:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

eats. Chu-e's grin turns sharp and cheshire.[break][break]

"See, I didn't poison my stew at all." Chu-e eats in companionable silence for a few moments. They don't eat enough before they push their own bowl away, but that's just what sickness did. Too much food at once made them nauseous.[break][break]

Delicately blotting their lips with a napkin, Chu-e sits back.[break][break]

"But maybe you should give a little sniff of your water." Chu-e picks up their own cup and gives it a sip before sliding it over to Isaac.[break][break]

It Isaac sniffed Chu-e's glass, it would smell... like water! Normal. Nothing extra there.[break][break]

But Isaac's cup had a very very faint citrus scent. It could easily be mistaken for a splash of lemon juice to freshen up the water.[break][break]

Isaac's stomach might start to gurgle in some warning.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 20:08:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Shit, that's a relief. Why didn't you say s-"[break][break]

Oop. Chu-e wasn't done talking yet. They slid their glass over, inviting Isaac to do a sniff test on their perfectly clear, perfectly tasteless waters. Water! It looked near inpossible to tamper with. Nevertheless, at their invitation, Isaac shrugged and gave them a sniff.[break][break]

Chu-e's glass smelled as nothing as it tasted. Isaac's glass had the slightest hint of lemon. It was barely perceptible, as if Chu-e forgot to wash all the dish soap out before filling it up. Isaac's brow wrinkled a little further with each sniff, the gears in his head slowly whirring to life.[break][break]

Then he felt it.[break][break]

Isaac was damn lucky they scoped this house out together. He knew exactly where to run, one hand on his gut and the other primed to start thwacking at doorknobs. "This isn't Lacroooooooooix!" he pleaded, voice fading into the distance as he ping-ponged through the halls.[break][break]

It was the perfect start to what would be one long month.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 17:48:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

When was indisposed, they plucked up the contaminated glass and Isaac's spoon. Even if he didn't know it, Isaac should be thankful that Chu-e had also coated his spoon with a thin film of the antidote to this particular poison. While it might give him the runs, it wouldn't eat his stomach lining until it ruptured.[break][break]

But, when Isaac would return, the dishes would be cleaned and put away. A butterscotch pie on the table, which Chu-e was always tucking into with a thin slice on their plate.[break][break]

They would give Isaac a sweet smile.[break][break]

"Try and eat a bit more. You'll need a full stomach for the big test today."[break][break]

Another bite, then a hum, as if an afterthought.[break][break]

"No more tricks for today." And a vague hand-wave at the pie.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 22:35:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Eat more food" was the last thing Isaac wanted to hear as he staggered out from the bathroom. Nevertheless, the pie looked delicious, and Chu-e promised there would be no tricks. What was the harm in it? Flopping down into his seat, Isaac cut a slice of his own and prepared to dig in.[break][break]

Then he froze.[break][break]

That "no tricks" promise didn't come until after the pie hit the table. The pie that Isaac never saw Chu-e nick a slice off of. According to , they were a baker of renown. Who was to say that thin little sliver wasn't a leftover from a previous night's pie-ing, an equal sized slice knocked out just so Chu-e could avoid suspicion?[break][break]

It was all too perfect. A snake never showed their tail unless they stood to gain from it.[break][break]

"I'll try a bite soon. My stomach's still gotta settle a bit." Smiling softly, Isaac offered the pie slicer Chu-e's way. "But, c'mon, man. You make a pie this beautiful and have such a teeny little slice? C'mon, live a little. You should enjoy all that hard work of yours."[break][break]

If Chu-e wanted to play this game, then he'd be happy to play. At the very least, he'd show this little apprenticeship wasn't just some fluke.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 22:49:16 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Smile in place, amused, Chu-e's eyes narrowed at a bit. Oh? Was he learning?[break][break]

Well, Chu-e would pull the pie tin forward and slice themself a bit more a piece, which was squished against the other one on their plate.[break][break]

"I won't be able to finish all of this." A sigh, looking wistfully at the pieces. It was still not that much compared to how much, say, a man like Isaac would be able to eat....[break][break]

The fork punctured the wobbly custard middle, broke the crisp graham cracker crust. It hovered in the air between them for a moment.[break][break]

Chu-e flicked their eyes between the piece of pie and Isaac.[break][break]

Then kept full eye contact as they devoured it. A swallow; and Chu-e even had the gall to open their mouth wide and stick out their tongue and go 'aaaah' to show it had, truly, been eaten.[break][break]

"If I was going to poison you like that again, I would be sneakier about it." Chu-e lied, like a liar.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 0:20:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Is that how you showed her veggies were safe to eat, too?"[break][break]

The joke about Chu-e's goofy behavior slipped out before Isaac could catch it. He winced upon realizing what he'd said, hoping he hadn't inadvertently dredged up any bad blood.[break][break]

". . . Just make sure you find a way to write her, alright?" He knew he couldn't be the one to relay those messages. Where he was going at the end of this month, he'd never be allowed in Sootopolis again. "I dunno how, or when, but just . . . even just once. Just she knows you're okay."[break][break]

"Please?"[break][break]

Eris was why he was even here, after all. Chu-e was important to her, and she was important to him. That meant, by association, Chu-e was important to him, too, and so was their peace of mind. He'd gladly be a sorcerer's apprentice and guard Kanto's darkest secret, if just to grand them that slightest bit of relief.[break][break]

After that moment of sentimentality, their pie war seemed like the least of Isaac's problems. He ate up, making sure to take an extra large portion to respect Chu-e's earlier request. It was better to hurl up this delicious pie than it was to deal with poisoning on an empty stomach.[break][break]

"So. Juices aside, what's this first big test all about?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 18:05:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

' name makes the tension so thick a knife could cut it. It's not in what Chu-e's says or does, beyond a flicker of breath taken. But had peeked, even if just a bit, under Chu-e's mask before. It would be obvious when it slides back into place.[break][break]

"No." Chu-e smiles and this one hurts to look at. It's a little too perfect. "I had to hide them in her food." A laugh, mechanical, but Chu-e stands up from the table and takes their half finished pie and dumps it in the bin.[break][break]

They pause, staring inside of it for much too long.[break][break]

"I'm not okay."[break][break]

Reaching inside, Chu-e pulls out a white napkin. Aside from a few globs of uneaten pie, when Chu-e unfolds it...[break][break]

Red stains the whole thing. Thick and slimy, still wet in the middle, half dried blood that was still fresh enough to have a tinge of coppery scent. Chu-e makes sure Isaac can get a good look before tossing it with more force than needed into the trash.[break][break]

Chu-e stares after it a few more moments, pensive, before taking Isaac's offer at a subject change.[break][break]

"I'm seeing what your body has natural defense against. That way I know what toxins we need to be more careful of when raising your tolerance."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
šŸ”— notes