Isaac Has IBS (Insanely Beautiful Soul)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 16:17:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Lips twitch, almost a smile.[Break][break]

"You're right. You don't."[Break][break]

Chue smoothed out their pants, plucking off a piece of lint to drop in the floor. The small action felt like being put under a microscope. A discomfort apparent that even Chu-e couldn't hide with practiced indifference.[Break][break]

"I know what to work on now. You have a surprisingly high resistance to poison that rely on cortisol." Their eyes flick back over to Isaac, more stable now, more sure of themself. "Rough childhood?" It sounds almost like a joke. Doesn't taste like one.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 2:35:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]What was Isaac right about? The fact that he didn't want to know how this all happened, or the fact that he never gave up? Maybe it was both. Maybe it was one of those glass half empty, glass half full kind of thing.[break][break]

Isaac didn't really fit in that paradigm. Far as he knew, the glass was half empty. Far as he cared, life could fill that bad boy up way more, so why the hell should he have to settle?[break][break]

Maybe Chu-e was similar. The way the slightest disturbance to their immaculately-planned outfit wrinkled their brow was not lost on Isaac. It was an interesting contrast to the blood hidden within their napkin, a far more distressing sight handled with far more grace. Interesting, yet for the time being Isaac knew not what to make of it.[break][break]

Chu-e's own observation was both more relevant and more bluntly stated. "You could say that," Isaac said, a touch of disdain bleeding into his voice. Some roughness came from active hostility. Isaac's, instead, came from the void. Sometimes, a lack of something could be just as damaging as a more traditional threat. It was a slower, more insidious pain, the kind that sucked his soul piece by agonizing piece until something had to give.[break][break]

"Guess daddy dearest gave me something worth a damn after all. Yippee."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 2:49:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I do, too." Chu-e says after, when confirms their suspicions.[break][break]

"Have a natural resistance to cortisol poisons, that is." Is clarified, quietly. What that means Isaac can parse out on his own, but the other would already be able to guess based on context.[break][break]

It was as clear an answer as Isaac would get out of Chu-e without pulling teeth or fighting through a hundred layers of lies.[break][break]

"I won't put you under again next time we meet up." Promised, as Chu-e slowly rises from their chair. A hand is offered to the other; which was silly in it's own way. Even if Chu-e was taller, Isaac could snap them in two like a twig.[break][break]

"But next time, you need to bring some of your Psychic types. I'll need to assess them with you."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 3:16:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac didn't need to go digging for the intent behind that statement. Chu-e had already described the source of that resistance well enough. As peers in this area, Isaac did them the kindness of letting his quiet justification hang.[break][break]

He took their hand, not because he had to but to show that now they were in this mess together.[break][break]

"Don't worry about it. Do what you need to, yeah?" This was difficult work. Isaac wasn't going to sabotage it by being a selfish little jerk about it. "Just . . . give me a warning next time, yeah? Not that any warning could've done all that justice." The feeling of his brain being moved apart, fold by fold, was indescribable.[break][break]

At least the next part seemed like it'd be more appealing. "I've got a whole menagerie of 'em," he said, a proud grin on his face. At times, it seemed he was more proud of his Pokemon than he was of himself. "We can pick through the batch and grab the best 6 for the job, no issue."[break][break]

"Guess that's a see you tomorrow then, huh?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 16:04:14 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: