1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
The Curse of Friendship (Funtasia/C)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 13:34:11 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

How long had it been since his failure? Long enough given that he had spent twenty years in another life. So when he heard that , and were going to be in the area for the carnival he figured he should show his face no matter how much had happened. Not to mention he figured they'd bring their kids, and for all his faults, Amor didn't want to let the little ones down. Of course he had bred two Dratini already for the children for when they turned old enough to have Pokemon of their own. Did he tell their parents? Absolutely not, at least not yet.

So when he saw a familiar spikey haired blonde amongst the crowd who took up as much space as he himself did. Amor approached, today he wasn't flanked by any pokemon, though they were still in pokeballs just in case. Draco himself refused to be parted from his master for any length of time considering every time he wasn't around Amor got into trouble in one way or another.

"Yo....I'd offer that we get some food, but honestly....Outside of funnel cake, the food isn't that great." Came the call out to his best friend. They were still best friends weren't they? Amor had a tendency to seclude, and isolate himself. Josh was probably his only friend who got that, or at least understood to some degree. "Is the rest of the troop here?" He asked looking around curiously for the little ones, and his friends wife.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 16:45:06 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dragomirpt"]

There had been a lot going on as of late, so Josh had been looking forward to the advent of Funtasia. Why? Mostly so that his kids could have some fun with their parents for once, after how busy they had been with universe-threatening events. Now this festival was finally here, and he was intent on making the most of it.
[break][break]
They had gone when it came to Lavaridge, but the kids had enjoyed it so much that when they came to Lilycove, Josh and Izumi had decided to take them again. For the moment, they had split into pairs so they could each see what each kid wanted. Josh, today, had gone with Zack. Brown hair, brown eyes, it was easy to see both his parents in him. But just as Josh took a picture to post up so Izumi could see what they were up to, a familiar voice caught his ear.
[break][break]
"Amor, hey!"
[break][break]
Much had happened the last time he'd seen Amor. The revelation that he'd been trying to revive someone, and not his parents, but a deceased lover who Josh didn't even know existed at that, had been a surprise. While Josh had tried to talk him down from it, Amor had refused to stop. And in the end, Josh relented and swore to stay and protect him, what come may. But the attempt had failed, and Amor had, obviously, not taken it well.
[break][break]
It was all that Josh could do to stay by his side for awhile, go for a drink, and remind him of what he had said in that cave -- they were family. Amor was the godfather of his children. The kids looked up to him as an uncle, and Josh thought the same, seeing Amor more as his sibling than his friend. And they needed him. Josh had made sure in no uncertain terms that Amor knew that.
[break][break]
But Amor had risked his life once more in pursuit of some desire that Josh was left without answers to, and he hadn't seen him since. He was used to Amor isolating himself, he knew he'd make an appearance eventually. And lo and behold, here he was. But when Josh got a closer look at Amor, he didn't know how to explain it... His friend looked weathered. Tired. More than he had seen him in his entire life. Had what happened in the caves done so much to him in so short a time? Had he failed so hard at trying to show Amor that he was loved and wanted, that he still had a family?
[break][break]
"Izumi's with Lyra. I'm with Zack today. How're you holding up?"
[break][break]
And Lightning, who in fact would not stay in his Poke Ball. That hadn't changed.

[newclass=.dragomirpt] width: 300px; margin-left: 100px; text-align:justify;font-size:12px[/newclass]
[newclass=.dragomirpt b] color: #426ea9; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

Prompt: Snap a photo for the gram

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:21:35 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Eh I've been better, and I've been worse. Perhaps I can let go a little, and enjoy today. Besides with all the rides around, I'm sure the kiddo is eager to try everything. I vote bumper cars, what about you Zack?" Amor smiled his usual smile, it was the same one he gave everyday. Whether his current weariness was from just going back to the office at such a breakneck pace, or picking back up his forging so that he could regain the skill he lost in Galar was anyone's guess. Stretching out, he felt the bones in his back pop a little, but it felt nice.

"Then after that we can all go eat funnel cake until we're sick." He gave the little one a wink, part of him was envious of , and . In some ways they were the pinnacle of love, Amor had known them for a long time. Before they were married. It was a situation where truth was stranger than fiction. Some people only got to experience that kind of love in books, but Amor got to see proof of it in front of his eyes. Perhaps one day he would have something like that himself, but he would wait. Romance wasn't his normal gig.

So without further ado Amor would lead their group to the bumper cars, and hop in one that was shaped like a Dragonair. Today he just needed to feel normal, and do something normal. Something that didn't remind him of all the awful of the world, and hanging out with his best friend, and nephew seemed like the best way to do that. For a few hours at the very least he could be normal, and manage that. And so the trial of the bumper cars began!

TLDR
Bumper Cars stamp earned!

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 19:01:52 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dragomirpt"]

Better and been worse, that didn't tell him much. But the idea he needed to let go a little... Hmm. Josh slowly nodded, unsure of what to make of that. Clearly something was severely weighing on Amor's mind, but he would just have to pick his brain over time today. When he mentioned bumper cars, Zack's expression spread into a wide grin. Obviously he had been wanting to play the bumper cars all day, and Uncle Amor had just given him an excuse.
[break][break]
"Well. Guess that settles it"
[break][break]
With that, they were on their cars. Josh took a car alongside Zack, letting him pick. Zack picked the Magikarp one, for some reason.
[break][break]
As soon as the ride started, Zack, who was allowed to steer, made a bumper car beeline for Amor.
[break][break]

[newclass=.dragomirpt] width: 300px; margin-left: 100px; text-align:justify;font-size:12px[/newclass]
[newclass=.dragomirpt b] color: #426ea9; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

PROMPT: BUMPER CARS

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:30:50 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Of course the little rugrat would make a beeline for the uncle that he rarely saw, but Amor seized that challenge, and just smiled widely as he bumped his Nephew back easily. Though Amor took far more hits than he dished out, he wanted to give the kiddo more fun, and so Zack relentlessly tormented his Uncle, but Amor was all smiles the entire way. Besides if he couldn't loosen up, and have fun here, and now then he wouldn't have a place to do this in the future. So they stayed in the bumper cars for as long as they were allowed. Even though it probably wasn't very long it felt like hours, and so the trio disembarked, and seeing a cotton candy machine nearbly, that had various Pokemon shapes, Amor had already seen Zack eyeing it. Of course he wouldn't tell him no.

"We own't tell your mom....Isn't that right ?" He teased his best friend as he wove them through the crowd to the front of the Cotton Candy line, and he got three bundles of the stuff, giving the small one to Zack, and then one to Josh, and keeping one for himself. If he ever got the chance to spoil his own child one day he hoped that it would be a similar experience to this.

TLDR
Eat a carnival treat stamp earned

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights