August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 7:24:47 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji wasn’t sure when the last time he had seen @tempest was, in reality it was a simple span of a week, and yet at the same time it had been decades. Time was strange, and that dream even more so. Yet he couldn’t muster the usual excitement that came with seeing his buddy.
[break][break]
It was obvious why, but he didn’t want to think about it too much. But then again, this was the best place to be, the training room on the sub. It was a large room, mats placed across the ground. ”Thought I’d catch you here.”
[break][break]
There was some energy he managed to push into it. ”How about that spar we promised each other? I’m not in a cast this time.” The smirk on his face faded just as quickly as it had arrived.
[break][break]
He still struck a stance, hopping from leg to leg, eyes poised forward, his focus was fixed.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Post-GG Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 19:28:24 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest was in the training room of the Sub. As was his duty, his job.[break][break]

But Tempest was absent in mind. When would come inside, spot and speak to Temp, he would be sitting on one of the benches at the edge of the room. A sad look, deep bags under his eyes and the start to fuzz growing on his chin from ignoring to shave. A little silver hairclip in hand, which he fiddled with idly. Lost in another world, a lost memory of twenty years.[break][break]

"Hm?"[break][break]

He seems to come out of his daze, slightly. Sees Kouji already sidled up and he feels like he missed part of the conversation.[break][break]

"It's nice to see you feeling better."[break][break]

Tempest does offer a smile, a more forced one but he does try. Whatever true happiness shows at seeing his friend is muted by the deep and lingering sadness in his chest.[break][break]

Kouji bounces and waits on Tempest. Tempest loved little more than a good fight- it made his blood sing. But right now, right here, he just... doesn't have it in him. Whatever round he could give the other would be underwhelming and half assed.[break][break]

"Sorry. I don't, uh... I don't have it in me today."[break][break]

His eyes fall back down to the silver hair-clip.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:07:26 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji sighed, it was a long, deep sound that came from the very depths of his lungs; it rumbled for a moment before he put his hands on his hips. ”I can see that, you look like shit. I was just hoping against hope, y’know?” He said with some mirth before he allowed it to die in the dour atmosphere that took over the room.
[break][break]
”So your lil’ trip was pretty shitty huh? Or did something else happen while we were knocked out?” He was being nosy, he was aware of it; did he care really? He considered Tempest one of the very few people he could consider a friend, and he didn’t want to let that just burn.
[break][break]
Or was it just the fact he wished to speak of his own troubles, that he was trying hard to not seem depressed unlike other people? Kouji wasn’t sure, he couldn’t be sure, and so he didn’t speak his thoughts into life.
[break][break]
”Thought you’d be able to kick anything that’d risk dragging you down.”

NOTES

Post-GG Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 17:03:30 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You were there, too?" That did perk Tempest up. While he had a general grasp of who was there and who wasn't, being the King of Circhester had trapped him mostly to the one city. It didn't help that certain parts of the memory had already started to fade. It was only thanks to him furiously writing what he could down in Journals that helped stave off a bit of the memory loss.[break][break]

But, it does give Tempest a bit of encouragement to speak. was his friend. It wouldn't be too much of a burden to tell the other man, right?[break][break]

"I have.... had a daughter. She, uh... in the final battle..." Temp's voice cracked a little. He cleared his throat, keeping the thickness from his words. "... this was all I could find of her, after."[break][break]

He extends the piece he's been fidgeting with, to allow the other a look at it.

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:12:24 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
What was he supposed to think, and was he supposed to hate himself after feeling anger towards his friend during a time of need? The realisation that Temp had gone on to live a happy life, but yet…
[break][break]
Kouji crushed it, as he allowed himself to fall onto the bench. ”Fuck.” Kouji had been happy to convince himself it had been a dream, even if it was shared; but that item, the silver hair clip definitely existed.
[break][break]
What could one say to it, Kouji knew he was the kind to put his foot in his mouth. ”So she never existed, and yet you’ve got that of her, all those memories, hopes, dreams, all those other things parents have for their kids.” He didn’t know how to console people, but he placed his hand on Temp’s shoulder.
[break][break]
”So, the hell’s the plan? We break back into the dream somehow? We…Shit, I ain’t helping at all.”
[break][break]
Afterall, this wasn't an opponent one could fight and defeat.
[break][break]
"What was she like?"

NOTES

Post-GG Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 17:49:47 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I think that's the worst part of it." Temp sounded miserable. There was a dry laugh that cut from chapped lips, but it was empty and sad. "It wasn't real, was it? But we're still hurting from it."[break][break]

He wasn't stupid. was hurting too.[break][break]

Temp did sniff, once, and rubbed his red eyes before anything like a tear could leak from his eye. Kouji's hand was something of an anchor at the moment. Strong and sure.[break][break]

"She was... she was more like Cil than she was like me. Lots of fire and ambition in her but she was real smart. I was really proud of her. She was going to make a good leader." His voice wobbled on the last line, so Tempest cleared his throat and took a deep breath to center himself. It was still pretty raw, being without her. "I can't... I can't remember what she looked like. Other than... this bright red hair. Diot was her name. We called her 'Dottie'."[break][break]

But Temp just shook off whatever he was feeling, or tried to, and glanced up at his friend.[break][break]

"You said you were there, too, right? What was your story like?"

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 0:43:07 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji let loose a long breath, he could hear the pain there, but it was not another thing he could just punch. His first instinct to rush into that hell had been abated, because that was the sad truth of the whole of it.
[break][break]
It wasn’t real, but yet.
[break][break]
”Dottie huh? She sure sounds like a hell of a kid, I’d have been proud too.” Not that he expected anything less of that kind of parentage, being raised by Temp and Cil was going to create a child like that. He even let a small smile begin to grow on his face right before the question was posed to him, his expression fell, replaced by a rictus of anger.
[break][break]
”Can’t say there was much of one, spent half the time in a torture dungeon, by the end of it, I lost an eye, one of my legs was useless, and even the air touching my skin felt like I was on fire.” Quite simply, he had been torn down, and he spent the last five years trying to build himself back into a shadow of his older self.
[break][break]
”Formed a criminal group, and guess the ol’ kings didn’t like that much, funny how rockets forget their core, ain’t it?” It was a voice that dripped with venom before he reeled it in.
[break][break]
"Others had it worse, I just had fuel added to my engine." Whether that was the good kind of fuel, well that was best left to the future.

NOTES

Post-GG Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 18:08:51 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

tells his story. Tempest thinks of what he can remember of his own, in fleeting memories. Tempest had been King. He had built up his people, took care of those who couldn't take care of themselves. Respected and loved, he had ridden a purple bird of psychic power and did his best to teach her to love humanity as much as he did.[break][break]

But Kouji had been torn down and tortured. His friend had been ripped to pieces for... what?[break][break]

It all felt very distant now, even if it still hurt.[break][break]

"You didn't deserve that." [break][break]

They might have been aged and changed, but at their core they were all still the same people. Kouji didn't deserve a slow torture of an end. No one deserved that.[break][break]

When you killed, you made it quick. Tempest might have loved a good fight, but gratuitous violence when it came to murder wasn't his style.[break][break]

"What do you think it all meant?" Quiet, a question he had only breached with the other. "Do you think it did anything? Other than make us all unhappy?"

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 21:41:26 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
That was really the question that sat beneath all of this, wasn’t it? The time in galar, the prophecy and legends that surrounded them, and finally the battles…None of those really meant anything to Kouji, it was the time inbetween that led to the most change, for everyone.
[break][break]
”Almost feels like a cruel joke, there’s only one person I saw that walked away happy from there.” But then again, there might have been more, Kouji knew that but what was the difference between the two?
[break][break]
He couldn’t tell, he didn’t know, but in this moment, he chose to settle on one thing, a singular thought. ”Maybe dreams aren’t meant for bad people?” His voice was low, almost as if he were speaking to himself, there was a wistfulness in there before he steeled himself again.
[break][break]
”Or maybe, we were just entertainment.” He really couldn’t hide the disdain that leaked into his voice. The memories of that place, it had left him with way too many thoughts.
[break][break]
”Either way, I don’t plan to let it happen again.”
[break][break]
Still, in the end his attention turned to Tempest, his upcoming question might have been tone deaf, but he felt as if he needed to ask it. ”What do you plan to do now?”

NOTES

Post-GG Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 2:52:52 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Maybe dreams weren't meant for bad people?[break][break]

For the first time in a while, Tempest had a very visceral reaction. He scoffed, not at himself but the idea behind it. It was dulled but there was a still a fire in his eyes.[break][break]

"Even people trapped in the gutters look up at the stars." But Tempest never thought of himself as the philosophical type, so he just let the statement lay between them as Kouji continued.[break][break]

The last question did leave him a bit quiet, though.[break][break]

Tempest took a deep breath and stared down at the hair-clip. It was so simple. But he remembered how she loved them. It had been crafted from a corviknight feather. Her favorite pokemon, which she took after far more than him.[break][break]

Something resolved in his chest. Clicked back into place.[break][break]

Tempest clipped the little silver piece into his own hair, keeping some hair pushed out of his eyes.[break][break]

"Persevere."[break][break]

With that, Tempest pushed himself to his feet with a grunt.[break][break]

"I'm fucking starving." He hadn't been eating since they came back. Tempest hid it better than his husband did, but Kouji might notice the echo of gauntness on Temp's cheeks.[break][break]

"Pick somewhere and I'll treat you. But you're trapped listening to some theories I have about shit. Sound like a deal?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 11:08:02 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Preserve.
[break][break]
It was a good word, Kouji closed his eyes and nodded, it was really the only option left to the people who had endured it. To continue to endure, to preserve, and to eventually…
[break][break]
”I ain’t gonna say no to some free food.” He gave a toothy smirk as he finished speaking. ”But don’t expect me to not call ya stupid if it’s some crackpot theory.”
[break][break]
Kouji took out the handle of his old walking stick, the thing that had kept him up and standing, which concealed his weapon, his only way to strike out against that cruel and cowardly world. He didn’t need it here, but he gripped it tightly before nodding, making up his mind, and looking forward.
[break][break]
”Let’s grab some Paldean food, feeling like eating something spicy. A good Paella will do the trick.”
[break][break]
”You’re looking as thin as a stick of bamboo anyway, feel like I’d be able to throw you around real easy around now.”
[break][break]
The thing they all needed, after losing so much, and gaining a few things along the way, was time.

NOTES

Post-GG Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,831 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Callous Drive[M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 6:54:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)