August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 6:19:34 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The rocket break room, it was a place to connect with one’s fellow rockets, but he could hear a song blaring in the background, wasn’t this ? He couldn’t believe he had met her and didn’t realise how he could call himself a proper idol fan.
[break][break]
But he threw it in, tomato hit the bottom of the blender, then his cooked sausages and bacon, then toasted bread, and finally he put the eggs in there before he turned the blender on high. Eating his meals like this might have seemed insane, and it probably was, but it was just another Kouji Matsubara timesaver.
[break][break]
He didn’t care about the taste of food to begin with, as long as it provided him nutrients, his tastebuds had been ruined by years of eating like this to begin with.
[break][break]
Still, the loud whirring brought some simple comfort, his hand hovered over the button, the contents mixing, the sound changing from a struggling cut, to that of liquid being mixed up, slowly becoming more and more mixed together into a singular slush.
[break][break]
Dinner was served.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 19:34:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The Team Rocket breakroom was not the happiest place on Earth. Howard wasn't even sure if you could quantify it as a 'place'.

The breakroom existed wherever you wanted it to. It was simply a state of mental being. It could be in the laundry room, behind the third washing machine. It could be the cleaning closet next to the labs, where Head Scientist was rumored to give illegal and dubious substances to grunts who knew the password.

That password is 'Bones over Soup' by the way. Tell them Howard sent you. Make sure you leave 500 PD next to the Windex and come back for your substances later. Who cares if none of the grunts who tried this actually got their fix? Howard's wallet certainly had.

Obviously fake rumors aside, the actual breakroom was a cesspit. Whoever had put a blender into the same room with a television and stereo set was a monster who deserved to be shot. Howard looked up from Brycen Man 4: Extreme Escapade, featuring music done by Desiree Blooms. Excellent music, only enjoyable by the most cultured of demographics. Howard glared at Kouji, only for his glare to turn into utter disgust and contempt as he saw what the grunt was doing.

Why was everyone in Team Rocket completely fucked?

"Are you okay?" Howard asked the man slowly.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 21:45:19 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji nodded his head in time to the beat, moving his feet, it was a subtle shuffle, or what he considered to be subtle in the first place. A hum rolled from the back of his throat as he continued to blend, the cacophony of sounds was enough to almost allow him to miss the voice calling out to him.
[break][break]
Almost.
[break][break]
But he had heard it, and looked over his shoulder at Howard, he didn’t recognize this man, was he new? Or was it just the magical moment in which different patterns coincided, Kouji had been late to making his meal, but at the same time.
[break][break]
”Doing great, got done with a heavy day of training, and now I get to have a nice and filling meal.” He smirked, his eyes then went to the T.V, was there something wrong with it?
[break][break]
”Did someone change the T.V settings? You can’t enjoy id-, T.V properly like that.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 22:35:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"A nice and filling meal." Howard blinked once, then twice, then thrice as he looked towards the blender, then towards Kouji's grin. "Okay."

This had to be a prank. He was getting his chain yanked, as the kids said. That was fine. Howard was rarely at Team Rocket's headquarters, he just happened to be here now for a slew of different reasons, meaning he was rarely in the breakroom to begin with. It was like arranging a college schedule. You put all your classes into one or two miserable days so you could spend the rest of the week relaxing.

Team Rocket was essentially just another four years of college, if Howard thought about it.

"What's wrong with the T.V? Did you know that we've got cable now?" Howard said excitedly. "I've been watching reruns of Brycen-Man for the past few hours. You a fan?"

The idol music grew louder as the scene from the film began to reach its highest point. Howard began to sweat as the music grew louder and louder. Anyone with a brain would recognize this music for what it was, especially Kouji Matsubara of all people.

Arceus above, this guy probably thought Howard was so fucking lame.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 16:30:29 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Don’t knock it till you try it, ki-”
[break][break]
He stopped himself and his eyes went straight up to the T.V, his eyebrow rose, Cable in a breakroom? ”We coulda used that for something else…” He could hear the song, now was it on purpose that this man was listening to it?
[break][break]
Kouji didn’t know, but he looked at Howard, his eyes narrowing just a little bit, before his eyes went back onto the T.V, and then back to Howard. Then he returned to neutral with a shrug, his blended meal in a cup, he went to sit down near the man, and drink it down.
[break][break]
It definitely smelt like a full-english breakfast, but at the same time, no-one could consider it to look like one, and it was certainly too late for one. ”The hell is Brycen man about? Is it one of those shows that just exist to show off Idol music?” Shit, he showed his card far too early, now this guy would think he was a freak.
[break][break]
So he leaned back, put his arm on his armrest, and then took a big gulp of his drink, it rolled down comfortably, and he found himself staring at the T.V
[break][break]
”Seriously, what the hell is Brycen Man?”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 6:27:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You've never seen-" Cutting off his outburst, Howard took a deep breath and stood up. Not only was a fight to the death in the breakroom unacceptable, but Howard was confident that this guy could kick his ass in thirteen different ways. Only insane gym jockeys drank their meals, and this guy was the king of gym jockeys, given solid food was a myth to him. "Brycen, the famous movie star from Unova? You've never heard of him? Or, like, Desiree Blooms?

Howard stopped suddenly. He was not a degenerate. He did not like idol music. He was a normal person, having a discussion about the Brycen-Man franchise. He wasn't going to be bullied by a guy who probably mixed gasoline into his food.

"Her music is pretty whatever, I guess. Really compliments the themes of the movie. Watch a video essay about it or something."

No matter what Kouji claimed, his drink did not smell like the breakfast he claimed it did. It was a breakfast in the same way that aspirin and alcohol was considered a meal; by the deranged.

"Sit down, we're watching this movie. It's about this evil mastermind named Brycen-Man kidnapping a bunch of idols. Plot's pretty lame, but Brycen-Man is cool and this is the only thing on." Howard said standoffishly. He began sweating harder.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 6:36:16 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji did sit down, and sipped at the green-red monstrosity in his hands.
[break][break]
His eyes were glued to the screen, and yet they glazed over almost straight away, but his ears were listening attentively. ”Desiree Blooms huh? Ain’t she touring Hoenn at the momen-Is what some guy in the break room said earlier.” But at the same time, he couldn’t believe the plot of this movie.
[break][break]
Some evil mastermind kidnapping idols, he couldn’t accept something like that, he was almost gnashing at the teeth. If someone sto…”le, my pre-” He almost spoke his words aloud. ”Preposterous, this plot. Seems like absolute garbage.” Instead, he used a word he otherwise would never have used to cover for himself, his eyebrows rose up as if challenging it.
[break][break]
He wouldn’t be branded as soft, fraternising with the enemy, nor a degenerate fan of idols, no way in hell.
[break][break]
”Can’t you just watch the news or some shit, maybe some documentary, I hear the Mel-” No, he couldn’t point it to some Melody Meroe documentary, there was simply no chance.
[break][break]
And so the dance continues.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 7:03:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Of course, of course." Howard nodded along with Kouji's excuse. He had been in this breakroom for a few hours and nobody had come in, but who was he to judge? Team Rocket had a lot of people, and Howard was barely here. Who was he to make a claim without supporting evidence? That wouldn't be very academic of him. "I agree, what a stupid plot."

Yet he did not change the channel. The two simply stared at the television for several seconds as Brycen-Man was kicked in the stomach by an idol. They watched, obviously entranced.

"Total garbage. Trust me, none of the other movies in the series are like this." Howard continued on. Despite that, he didn't change the channel to the news. "Pokestar Studios has gone down the drain, I swear to Arceus."

The news? Seriously? This idiot wanted to drink his meal and watch the news? All that blending must've blended this guy's brain as well. Howard was going to beat him over the head with the breakroom's blender.

"I would, but it's like, almost over. I've sat through it already, so I just want to finish it. Catch the after credits scene for Brycen-Man 5, y'know?"

Howard didn't mention the fanservice scene at the end. Perhaps that was for the best.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 9:42:54 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
It really was a stupid plot, wasn’t it?
[break][break]
But saying it aloud for the fourth time was even beneath him, so he considered against it, instead watching it as if it were the best thing in the world; eyes locked to the screen, the soundtrack was worthwhile.
[break][break]
”Pokestar studios sure ain’t what it used to be, guess they pissed away all their money tryna come up with good fake pokemon.” The phenomena of fakemons was indeed cringe, but T.V had to be fantastical, and strange. Who knew that’d fall so flat in a world where monstrously powerful creatures could be curled up right next to your feet.
[break][break]
”Seems lame, waiting that long for a single scene. Especially if the next movie’s gonna be as bad as this one, at least it has a good sou-” He coughed aloud to interrupt himself.
[break][break]
”An alright soundtrack, idol’s are way too overrated. Just look at that , overrated. Her latest album was absolutely middle of the road. Should have called it Mid Melody.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 6:21:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Her new album just dropped? Seriously?" Howard asked, surprised at the grunt's knowledge. He'd have to pick it up later. "I hadn't noticed. Did she seriously name the album MM? Like, her initials? What a fucking narcissist."

Yeah, he was definitely going to order that album later.

"It's a really good scene. It's like how people will sit through a shitty album to get to the one good song. Trust me, it's a solid scene." Howard insisted, despite the fact that the scene was whatever. It had a lot of idol shots in it, though. Including several that could even be considered fanservice.

Man, Brycen-Man 4 was the worst one in the franchise. It was bad, but its lack of quality made Howard focus on this new grunt. What was he mumbling about? Was he hopped up on some of those drugs that were allegedly hidden in the supply closet? Was he insane? Both seemed likely.

"Pokestar Studios still has a couple zingers. I heard they've started doing live-action adaptations of popular cartoons and all that shit." Howard nodded, thinking of the adaptation of Two Pieces that was coming out soon. "Those'll be pretty good."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 6:29:04 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”What kind of self-respecting adult still watches cartoons, that’s almost as embarrassing as being into idols. I think they’ll be as good as a foamy crap.”
[break][break]
Kouji answered without removing his eyes from the Television screen, the scene was good, but what was more interesting was something else. ”Well, back to the narcissist, yeah, a new album. M.M is what it was called, not sure why she’d release it after a battle to the death for Dewford, but stranger tastes.” He thought back to that day, really, he doubted he’d feel adrenaline like that for a good while.
[break][break]
”Don’t go there, that place is terrifying, it has this creepy mist, and all kinds of weird pokemon walking around inside of it…But at least it’s not Brycen Man 4, the idol edition.”
[break][break]
Kouji managed to laugh just a little at that before he refocused his attentions, he didn’t know what else to do consider when it came to a movie like this. ”That’s a lot of idols, that’d have cost them…22,325,565 pokedollars for all of those na- I’m guessing.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 6:44:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Who releases a new album after the Battle of Dewford? That's so insensitive." Howard grumbled and shook his head in anger. That was the vibe Howard was projecting, at least. Internally, Howard was cheering. So brave! So controversial! That was the Melody Miro that Hoenn needed! Someone who was confident enough to drop an album despite a war going on.

It was obscene that some people thought idol culture was dead. It was anything but! It made sense that Howard hadn't heard of the album, though. He had spent the battle crying in a corner and shitting himself. That was something the interdream mist was capable of doing, too.

"It's pretty weird, I'll give it that. Been doing some research on it for the upper brass, recently. I ended up inhaling some, not a fun experience." Howard shuddered to himself. "Still more fun than Melody's album, though. Who listens to idol music? Seriously?"

Probably the same people who drank food from a blender. When you were willing to do that in public, you abandoned shame from an early age.

"That much? No way, man." Howard pointed a finger at the screen. This guy's guess was close, but he was off by 500 PD? Hadn't he read the newest idol contracts? Poser. "It's gotta be like.... 600000 less. No way idols go for that much."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 6:50:03 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji clicked his teeth.
[break][break]
”600000 less? What are you smoking? Do you have a tree trunk stuck in the right side of your noggin or something?” He answered without really thinking about it, an instinctual response to the statement the man had given. ”Even with the new contra-”
[break][break]
Did he know?
[break][break]
”Whatever, yeah, let’s talk about real men stuff, like…Whatever the brass has been feeding ya about the mist. You've been studying it, yeah? Anything special come out? Did you ever huff it and end up meeting an idol? I only got to see bits of my past.” He said as he looked over it, and that of others.
[break][break]
He sought the resolution to that strange thing. ”I guess there might be other weird uses.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 7:07:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'll shove a tree stump up your ass and kick you into the ocean..." Howard muttered under his breath so Kouji couldn't hear. This motherfucker knew something. Howard wasn't sure what, but this random grunt reeked of degeneracy. Howard knew from experience. Real recognized real, as the saying went.

But at least they had successfully traversed the minefield that was idol culture and Brycen-Man. If it had gone on any longer, one of them would've tripped up, and it would've resulted in a fight to the death. A fight to the death that Howard was confident he couldn't win.

Anyone who drank from a blender was a monster.

"Nah, man. No idols." Howard grunted as he kept watching the movie. Man, he wish he had some popcorn right now. Unfortunately he was far too comfortable to move. "Nothing useful, anyway. I can't say much. Y'know how those science-types are. Say anything that 'breaches confidentiality' and my ass will be floating in the ocean."

Wasn't that the truth. Upper brass within Team Rocket was filled with assholes who were loyal only to an arbitrary concept. Power. Knowledge. Money. The most interesting thing to stem from the higher members of the organization were the rumors, such as spending several thousand dollars on pop culture figurines.

"But honestly? Not much. We're working on it."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 7:30:08 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji stared at Howard for a moment, a long moment before he clicked his teeth again.
[break][break]
Nothing huh?
[break][break]
”Not like there’s anyone else here to hear you, you might as well spill the beans, but I won’t force ya.” He looked over his shoulder for a moment to see if anyone else was coming in. ”Guess that’s how that kinda shit crumbles. Lemme tell ya, it feels like we’re playing with something we can’t know.”
[break][break]
There it was, here it was. The cinch he wanted to get a better mind on, Kouji’s picked up a fair amount of experience in a small amount of time, back to back tasks, missions, and strange happenings. ”We’ve been playing with dreams a tad too long, how do you feel about it as a smarty pants.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]