Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 7:51:38 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"There's always someone listening in." Howard said darkly. Was this guy naïve? There was always someone in the shadows. Someone listening in. With Team Rocket, there were no secrets. If even a whiff of betrayal was detected, it was quickly snuffed out. That extended to breakroom discussion, as well.

This guy could be a spy, and the drinking habits a deception. Howard trusted few in Team Rocket. Ironically, the crack addicts were the most trustworthy.

"I only have a few degrees. Not the smartest person on the team." Howard frowned, then scratched his chin. "Maybe like, top ten. Anyway, we're playing with something that's rocking Hoenn. We shouldn't have dug into Meteo. We shouldn't have dug into Ultra Space. Now, things are fucked. We weren't meant to understand any of that, but now we do, and it's only lead us deeper into the abyss."

Howard shrugged and blinked, though he finally looked away from the movie to glance at Kouji. The archaeologist was gaunt, his bandaged eye frayed, and he looked tired.

"We'll figure this out, but what will it lead to? More questions that we shouldn't answer? The data makes no sense. Pokémon are hopping out of our minds, man. Our minds! We are literally thinking these things into existence."

Shaking his head, Howard returned to the film. "How do you think that'll end?"

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 7:58:55 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji saw the exhaustion in those eyes and could almost feel the emotions the man was feeling.
[break][break]
This was the frustration of the intelligent, the struggles they had to face, and the continual arms race that was happening all around them. Kouji didn’t understand war in terms of the little nitty gritty details, but he could understand the broad strokes, any ol animal could. It just required a little bit of thinking.
[break][break]
”Terribly.” He said with a smile, a real, honest to god smile. ”Everyone will keep pushing it until they reach the point of no return, if it ain’t happened yet, it’ll happen at some point. We made new pokemon if they really are hopping straight outta our minds, and we’re still in a multi-pronged war, I wonder what the next scary thing around the corner is. Back in the dream, we ended up discovering Dynamax.”
[break][break]
It was growing more vague, but that was something that had existed at that point in time, a strange phenomenon that came into being.
[break][break]
”Super powered, super large transformation for any pokemon, not just those compatible with a unique ore, as long as you were near…Some place?” He wasn’t sure how well known that phenomenon had become.
[break][break]
Wasn’t he in charge of defence, he should have remembered more about this phenomenon, but he couldn’t recall much of it at all, not the details, but he remembered seeing a battlefield filled to the brim with them.
[break][break]
”It’s crazy, anyone can become a monster with that one.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 8:12:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's not ideal." Howard agreed. "But we'll discover it, we'll break it, and then we'll be asked to do it again for another subject. The interdream gas is one beast. Dynamax is another. Do people seriously not read the accounts of these things? Am I the only one who has read King Giage VII's account on the Darkest Day?"

Probably. It sounded like it originated from Galar, but it was a cringe text about a king who observed the Dynamax phenomenon centuries prior. The original copy was located in the Royal Library of Galar, of which Howard had gotten a chance to read and translate the original copy.

Man, he was a translator of arcane scripts. That was his calling. Not this research. Yet he did it anyway, because Team Rocket demanded it.

"There's a sense to it, but it's a foolish sense. Even if the area of effect is limited to certain locations..." Howard grunted and shook his head. It was a waste of time. He couldn't stop the march of progress now. Nobody could. The League and Team Rocket would race towards a better weapon. That die had been cast when they had taken Sootopolis, and long before.

"It'll be the invention of the firearm come again. Before, only a trained soldier could kill another. When we invented the gun, it got a lot easier. Now any nutjob with a full purse can have access to control over a concept of which he as no right." Howard's accept grew stiffer and more academic for a moment, almost sounding like a professor. Then, he shook his head. "Fuckin' mate, waste of time."

Ah, there it was.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 9:56:02 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]Kouji couldn’t help but agree, that it was in fact a waste of time.
[break][break]
But that didn’t mean it was meaningless, there was still a point to it, and regardless, he’d be one of the people who’d gain from it, so he saw no real problems…Other than it reaching the hands of the opposition.
[break][break]
”Well, we only have one city to defend, they have dozens, we can just hope that crap doesn’t show up here, don’t want that dome falling in us.” Kouji couldn’t help but put it into those terms, the most simplistic war terms, because that was what was comfortable. He knew how much was on the line for a lot of people in this conflict, he’d seen and heard it.
[break][break]
He just couldn’t bring himself to care at this moment.
[break][break]
”So, you’re one of ‘em historian types, huh? Did they ever figure out some kinda countermeasure? Or do the old books end with a weirdly large footprint next to the rubble it was found in?”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 21:07:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Sootopolis is an excellent city to withstand a siege." Howard agreed. "Not when dealing with forces of nature, though. It'll hold for a while, though. Hence why we're watching cable and not gnawing on hardtack."

Howard wasn't a soldier. He was no fighter. He was one of Rocket's weakest members, incapable of winning in a fight without overwhelming advantage. He was a scholar first, and a fighter second. Even so, he had studied history. They were surrounded, and that never went well. Unless Rocket somehow scraped up enough grunts to challenge the entire Hoenn region.

"Dogs." Howard answered Kouji's question with one word. Hopefully it'd be enough. "Records on ancient Galarian history are muddied at best due to the idiocy of certain kings destroying records and burning academics at the stake, and because giant Pokémon are pretty good at stepping on everything else."

Alternatively, you could fight fire with fire. Dynamax your own Pokémon to fight against others. That seemed to be the direction the League and Team Rocket were taking, for better or worse.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 2:51:01 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]Dogs?
[break][break]
Kouji thought of the dogs of the battle of the cave, in his case he remembered the dog of the shield.
[break][break]
Was it them?
[break][break]
”Fighting fire with fire will work, but we’re not the good guys, it works better for us that the other side starts flattening their own darn towns first.” He leaned back and finished off the rest of his green full english smoothie, and tightened up the lid. ”Let’s just be glad they’re burned, I’d wager more on our scientists than theirs, our smart guys are pretty good, and well, I ain’t know you so well, but you seem like you’re smart too.” Kouji said as he stretched out.
[break][break]
”I wonder what you’d make of those strange Ultra Wilds, the other dimensions. A guy who knows his books really well might be able to see the things we’re missing.” He sought the answer for a moment and then got up to his feet.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:02:49 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"There are no good guys, man." Howard shook his head in a bemused way. "We're all just people trying to get by. Do you think we're all being moved by some pedantic and arbitrary notions of good and evil? Fuck no. Something else moves us."

That something else was unique to each person. For Howard, it was his passion for history. He'd do anything to keep hunting artifacts. That was why he was in Team Rocket. It was leagues better than working at the Rustboro Pokemart with degrees he couldn't use.

Besides, Dynamax was fun and games until Kouji realized that they had far less space to smash then the League did. The League crushed Rustboro, and that left a dozen other major population centers. Team Rocket crushed Sootopolis, and they were out of their only city. They crushed their sub, they were out of a permanent headquarters.

"They're weird and fucky and I don't like them. I appreciate the chance to study the ancient civilizations that lived there, though. Lot of uncharted territory. Makes me feel like one of those older explorers. Academically, they're a mess. Aren't alternate dimensions a bit beyond our purview? Haven't we fucked this one up enough? You agree?"

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:17:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]”Mah, If you ask me. It ain’t been fucked up enough yet.” A small edge began to creep into his voice, he wouldn’t back down when it came to his goals, even when it was for appearances sake. He had spent a long time denying it, but he wouldn’t do so any longer.
[break][break]
”But if we’re gonna fuck it up more, I want it to be fucked up and still around.” The other dimensions, those wormholes, whatever else would come ot their Hoenn, Kouji wanted to witness it all. He wasn’t in a place where he could make choices on what would come, no-one could.
[break][break]
”Anyway, my meal’s done, nice chatting to ya. I’ll leave you with one thing, there are bad and good guys. You’ll know when you see them, and this lil’ group you’re now a part of is filled with bad monsters, in every corner. Guys that are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead.”
[break][break]
Afterall, he was one of them.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:27:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Probably." Howard shrugged. If he knew this guy better, they could likely have a bigger discussion about what drove people. Yet Howard didn't know him, thus he didn't have much of a need to care. You didn't need to invest effort into understanding the opinion of someone you would meet only once.

Yet because of that, their discussion was as honest as it could be. Those were the best kind. Discussions born of close friends and total strangers sparked the truest results. How strange.

"Drink some water! Your kidneys will thank you for it!" Howard shouted after Kouji as he left the breakroom. After the footsteps recided, Howard shook his head. "Fuckin' grunts, I swear. Everyone has something wrong with them, these days. Monsters? Heroes? Of course they exist."

Howard tipped his cap as the credits on Brycen-Man rolled.

"Heroes, monsters, and legends. That's the era we're in."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Twice as Nice
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 2:36:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: