August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Secret: Barnaby & Kouji [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 15:01:53 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Barnaby Finch.
[break][break]
A higher up in Rocket that he hadn’t gotten to work with yet, but now they were delivering information between battle lines. Kouji’s job was to protect a person that by all rights didn’t need protecting by him, he could just tell.
[break][break]
”Looks like we’re in for a rough shift.” He said with a wry smile, his joke riled a small snort of amusement from him. It was an understatement, but even knowing that he couldn’t wipe the smile from his face. The battlefield was where guys like him lived, he had sought something like this for a while, ever since his first day on the job.
[break][break]
Travelling from the guts of the battlefield back to their lines was going to be difficult, the landmass was barren, yet rocks jutted out from it, some natural and others from Pokemon, Kouji put his back to it regardless, keeping an eye around to watch for enemy trainers.
[break][break]
”We should be good to go, but there's a battle not far from here.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

60 (Participation, 1 post)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 20:00:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

. A grunt that Admin Bee had yet to interact with before now, though he'd heard whispers of positive praise through the grapevine.[break][break][break]

"No kidding. There's not much cover here."[break][break]

Conflicts like these always seemed to drive collaboration between those in differing spheres. While usually Barnaby remained in the shadows of their organization as the head of intelligence, when called to arms all were thrust onto the battlefield.[break][break]

Now was no different. He and Kouji had scouted ahead, looking for valuable information to take back to their larger squadron. That information came in the form of pressure plates — apparently used as a means to enter the large mountain at the center of the landmass. They'd seen LEAGUE personnel attempting to utilize the mechanism, to no avail. But it was only a matter of time.[break][break]

"On my signal. You go left, I'll go right. We'll try to skirt around the battle if possible." It was better if they didn't travel too close together. Aerial attacks were common on this sort of open terrain.[break][break]

Peering out from behind the jutting stone, Admin Bee gestured for them to continue once it seemed like the coast was clear.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]

TOTAL: 170 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for secret mission[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP for incorporating faction race obstacles[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 190px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 1:00:25 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

It made sense, doing it on foot. A pokemon that could be rode upon was something that could be seen, seperating made sense.
[break][break]
It didn’t make his blood pump, but he wasn’t here for fun. Kouji gave a curt nod as he looked out into the battlefield, staring out at the group. ”It’s really dangerous in there, ran into some Heatran with Flint back in the caves.” It was why they had to pull back, the challenges wouldn’t stop so easily.
[break][break]
Kouji waited, waited, and when the sign was given, he gave a sprint towards the nearest rock, and then to another, and then finally to another. But, it wasn’t just the eyes of people one had to watch out for, but for the other sights that Pokemon were capable of, being able to sense vibrations beneath the earth, the earth itself began to shake heavily.
[break][break]
Earthquake
[break][break]
”Nothing can just be simple, can it.” He said with a sigh before a dugtrio appeared before him. ”It might be time to fight, it should give ‘em time.” He said as he brought out his own Scrafty.
[break][break]
”I’ll apologize later.” Scrafty began with a beat up, shadow’d versions of himself appeared to push back the Dugtrio.

NOTES

60 (Participation, 1 post)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 19:22:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The ground beneath their feet began to quake and break into sheets of parched earth, prompting Barnaby to release his BRAVIARY, who whisked him into the air before the attack could do more than dirty his boots.[break][break]

"It can't be helped!" [break][break]

They'd been caught by the enemy and were now under fire — literally, as a small flock of TALONFLAME cloaked in flames charged in toward them (FLAME CHARGE). One directed itself at , the other two at astride his BRAVIARY.[break][break]

All that was left to do now was fight their way through.[break][break]

Seeing his subordinate vulnerable to attack, Barnaby directed his Pokémon to use ESPER WING; blades of psychic energy thrust forward, knocking the TALONFLAME off course and into the ground below, close to where Kouji stood.[break][break]

This left time for the other two TALONFLAME to act and, despite some aerial acrobatics on the BRAVIARY's part, they clipped his eagle's wing, causing them both to careen out and almost hit the ground themselves.

[break]

TOTAL: 190 MP[break]
+ 10 MP for assisting another character[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 190px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 14:32:02 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji ran a hand through his hair as the attacks didn’t want to stop coming, they’d been found but they had important information to deliver. Well, it was just the way the cookie crumbles, and so he’d see it out.
[break][break]
Still, he had to watch his back, and it seemed with the impact of a Talonflame into the ground, Kouji gave a thumbs up to Barnaby as Scrafty beat back the dugtrio, feeling a rise in energy, he landed a large kick before the earthquake could be properly launched.
[break][break]
”Let’s clean it up, hit the talonflame with another Beat Up.” and so he did, switching towards Talonflame with a Beat-Up, shadowy versions of his other pokemon appeared, to cover multiple angles.
[break][break]
Strike after strike, Scrafty's pokemon move landed multiple hits with varying levels of force before they disappeared, trying to cover multiple angles but then they disappeared into nothing. There came a pair of new pokemon to worry about, as a Steelix and Aggron pulled up, Kouji had to consider changing plans rather quickly.
[break][break]
”Let’s create an opening and fly out, the ground’s looking a bit too dangerous.” He said as he withdrew Scrafty, and brought out Iron Jugulis.
[break][break]
The dark type pokemon gave a mechanical roar as Kouji held on.

NOTES

60 (Participation, 1 post)[break]
Scrafty finishes of Dugtrio with high jump kick[break]
Uses Beat Up again to cover a couple angles before getting switched out.[break]
An Aggron and Steelix arrive to take 'em down.[break]
Kouji brings out Iron Jugulis

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 0:45:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

managed to hang on and right himself on the back of his BRAVIARY — but just barely. The roiling earth had been mere inches from his face, so close was he to crash-landing into the ground.[break][break]

Once recovered, he saw finishing off the rest of the TALONFLAME, only for more Pokémon to step in to fill their combative role. Things weren't looking good for them here.[break][break]

"Got it." Kouji was right; they weren't here to win any particular battle. They needed to disseminate their learned intel as quickly as possible, even if it meant a strategic retreat from confrontations like this.[break][break]

To this effect, BRAVIARY conjured up a volley of undulating TWISTERS to stymie the AGGRON and STEELIX's approach — and to give time for Kouji, astride his IRON JUGULIS, to put distance between them.

[break]

TOTAL: 210 MP[break]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 20:28:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji knew full well that if they needed to get away from here, then it’d need to be fast. Leaving someone behind wasn’t what he wanted to do, but he got onto the back of his Iron Jugulis with the time that Barnaby had bought for him.
[break][break]
”Heat Wave.”
[break][break]
The pokemon did as it was told, heat vents carried scorching air forward over his enemies, to create some room for Barnaby. ”Can’t be leaving ya behind, Sir. Let’s take it to the sky.” He wasn’t the important one here, Barnaby was. It was important to keep that in mind for himself.
[break][break]
So he struck again, using the leverage that being in the air gave him. Striking at their weaknesses, Dark Pulse was next, aimed at Aggron. ”Reckon ya can keep up in the air? I’ve got a pretty fast ride.”

NOTES

Kouji gets on Iron Jugulis[break]
Iron Jugulis uses Heatwave[break]
Kouji talks some[break]
Iron Jugulis uses Dark Pulse.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 2:52:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Melting steel and agonized roars faded into the background as the pair of ROCKETs blasted off into the sky above. The STEELIX and AGGRON had no means to follow, let alone the drive — they were half-dead now, thanks to Kouji's IRON JUGULIS.[break][break]

"Not bad, Matsubara!" He yelled out over the roaring wind. The man was young, but not ineffectual. His grit here was impressive.[break][break]

Hearing the grunt's taunting question, smiled behind his mask and urged his BRAVIARY onward with a swat to the shoulder. If it was a race Kouji wanted, then Barnaby was more than happy to take up the challenge. The sooner they got to their destination the better, anyway.[break][break]

"That's my line." He goaded back, his Pokémon's wings beating furiously to take the lead.[break][break]

"I'll make it worth your while if you manage to get to the outpost first!" Something to sweeten the pot. Competition always tasted better when rewards were involved.

[break]

TOTAL: 220 MP[break]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 4:10:30 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji couldn’t keep the smirk off his face as he looked down to Barnaby, eyes focused on the other man before he looked forward.
[break][break]
”Sure thing, but if you beat me to it; I’ll cover your drinks for when we get back. Hate one sided bets.”
[break][break]
Plus, he couldn’t help but agree, he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible, and into the next fight; this was the kind of place Kouji could flourish in, the type of battlefield that he enjoyed.
[break][break]
So he raced forward, dodging pokemon moves on the back of his Iron Jugulis.
[break][break]
Wait, could he afford to pay for non-stop drinks?
[break][break]
”Please tell me you’re a lightweight.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 2:01:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Urging his BRAVIARY on, the ROCKET admin pulled ahead at the last minute with a well-timed DOUBLE-EDGE to boost his bird's speed.[break][break]

He took the win with a humble nod as the two men dismounted at their destination.[break][break]

"Of course not." A lie.[break][break]

would never admit he was a lightwight. It was something would have to find out for himself once they got off this damned island.

[break]

TOTAL: 430 MP[break]
+ 200 MP for "winning" an RT battle/mission[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 22:02:37 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: