August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 14:32:08 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Working in the security detail of a singer was difficult.
[break][break]
But it sure did pay good, he kept a mask on his face to cover the lower half as if he was holding off a cough. He looked over his shoulder; the singer was in that room, right? He was a Rocket, but putting in nice with the rest of the world was beginning to grow more important, he was an extension of ‘em.
[break][break]
But before that, he needed to get water; the room across from him was open, and it was the one behind he needed to protect…Or maybe it was the other way around, he wasn’t quite sure about it.
[break][break]
He walked in, but it was in fact the wrong room to walk into it; he looked around before his eyes landed on Eve.
[break][break]
”Ah crap, sorry. Mind if I grab a cup of water.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 20:52:06 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“At least you are not walking in on me changing,” she replied somewhat dryly, eyes still fixated on the mirror. That also meant that she could see the man, of course, meaning that despite her presenting her backside to him in the moment, nothing was hidden from her view. Which was an awfully convoluted way of saying that she was not as surprised as she could be about the intrusion, of course.
[break][break]
Though, obviously, what she snarked about was not something that could happen anyway. She was way too conscious of herself regarding this event that she would ever let this happen. This was the first time she was going on a proper stage in ages, after all. A return to a life she was not yet ready to return to, it seemed. Heck, just having any security at all around was anathema to her journey of self-discovery. Yet, it was necessary. She had promised. One had to make concessions after having been cut off from the rest of the world alongside the rest of Hoenn for a while.
[break][break]
She sighed, watching her own reflection in the mirror more than this man. Odd, how familiar this all felt, yet did not at the same time. “I don’t mind, though. I don’t feel like drinking any of it right now, anyway.” Probably not a good thing since her throat was feeling a little dry. But she just did not feel like it for some reason.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 18:01:28 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Taking it as an invitation, more so than he really should have; Kouji went to grab the water; he felt parched afterall.
[break][break]
”Stages are pretty damn hot, y’know? You’ll end up dehydrated, or some crap like that. But it ain’t my job to preach to you.” He said prior to putting away the water, backing it down, and feeling it’s soothing coolness run down the back of his throat, it was just what he had needed.
[break][break]
”What’s got ya anyway? Feeling some stage fright? Got bitten by some rapid dog or fan?”
[break][break]
Frankly, it wasn’t his business; but he felt curious. It was a world completely different from his own, but one he occasionally looked into.
[break][break]
But that didn’t make it any less alien, so he sat down; just to watch and listen, maybe there was some wisdom here that he could make some use of.

NOTES

Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 19:22:59 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Odd. For him to sit down, really. Taking the water, striking up some kind of cursory conversation? That was nomal, common even. Yet at the same time, sitting down in someone else’s room, even a temporary one like this? That was different. He seemed a bit too at ease with that, too. Not quite acting like he owned the place, but sure as heck not as if she did. Granted, she didn’t either. But it still struck her as odd.
[break][break]
“I had enough in preparation. Drinking too close to an event just makes it riskier, for bladder reasons.” Being a bit parched and sweaty was perfectly fine. But needing to run off to the restroom was not a good feeling to have. Hence, she tended to prepare sufficiently, ahead of time. If nothing else, her training ensured that she could handle this professionally.
[break][break]
“And I guess its not stage fright. I’ve gone out before in the past few months without issue. I guess I am not used to bigger, scheduled events anymore. Kind of does not feel like Hoenn to me, if that makes any sense.” In fact, she felt much more as if she currently was in her home region, not this one.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:03:21 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji nodded without really understanding.
[break][break]
”Shit sure has changed, ain’t it. Battles happen all the time, and no-one knows when their city is the next one. Must be hard to perform during those times, but y’know what?” He didn’t get her kind of music, he hadn’t listened to her before, but there was a charm to music, something unique only to it.
[break][break]
”Those guys won’t care about any of that when you start playing your music.” He said as he looked up at the ceiling. ”Dead parents, terrible job, bullying, moving, any kind of drama one has in their life. If there’s anything that makes it better for a couple of moments, ain’t it a song?”
[break][break]
But then again, the hell did he know, escapism had never worked out for him, the moment he tried to look away, there was a hand to make him look back at that which he tried to ignore.
[break][break]
”Not like I plan to preach, just the words of some random security guard, Kouji by the way.”

NOTES

Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 21:23:44 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

He sure had a high opinion of her. At least that was the impression she got from his words, wrong or not. At the very least, he seemed to believe that her music could have soothing effects. That was a nice sentiment, though she was not sure she was quite good enough in that regard. Or rather, not really unique. That was probably the issue. “Not just about any song, though. If any would do, then what I do has no meaning beyond interpretation.” She sighed, mostly to herself. Hence she also continued that thought a bit more quietly: “I still have not found my song, my way to do it.”
[break][break]
Her musing saw her briefly lost in thought, gazing at her countenance in the mirror. At the end of the day, she was mostly working with her own versions of the music others provided or those written for her. Eve had the knowledge and handiwork to get something done herself, yes, but she was never satisfied with anything she produced. That was what she had set out to find in the first place, after all.[break][break]
But mulling over that got her nowhere. Blinking briefly, taking a conscious breath, then another, and she managed to still herself. “But I guess what I can do right now is enough, else people would not show. Could do better, but perfect is the enemy of good, after all. Though you can’t really be all that random now, can you?” She chuckled to herself. “You did just upgrade yourself in your mind from ‘some random security guard’ to ‘Kouji the security guard’. Well, ‘Kouji the philosophical security guard’ at the very least, right?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 2:40:44 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji ran a hand through his hair as he sat there, putting down the water, there was some sense in this conversation, more than anything.
[break][break]
”Well, I’m more of a dunderhead; so don’t expect this to happen all too often, I just like to see people doing what they’re best at.” It wasn’t strength, but strength might come from it, Kouji wanted to see that at play. Plus, there were some times he could bring himself to enjoy music.
[break][break]
”Still, you’re right. No-one’s gonna show up for a washed up singer, so that ain’t you. You just have to walk on stage, grab a mic, and see what you can find on it. Might just be like a battlefield, there’s things you can only figure out when you’re standing on one. At least, Kouji the Philosophical security guard thinks so, Miss Evette.”

NOTES

Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 21:26:23 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“So you are saying you only apply yourself in that regard when you feel that’s helpful to someone else? Not sure that makes you a dunderhead, but if you want to talk it down, be my guest,” she replied, shrugging. By now she had found her groove again and decided to be more casual with this person. It wasn’t like she had cried her heart out on his shoulder or something. But he had said enough nice things to warrant her not insisting on the usual guard-client denominations.
[break][break]
Then, she turned to face him proper. “I am way too young and pretty to be washed-up, so that can’t be the case anyway. And honestly, once I get on stage it all works out anyway. That’s when instinct takes over. Kind of like on a battlefield indeed, but I reckon no one will get hurt out there today. Well, that is your job anyway, right?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 4:39:11 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji smirked before he put a fist to his chest, smacking it.
[break][break]
”Aye, leave the protection to me, that’s why I’m here.” He gave a wink as he said that, it was cooling down, and she was a lot more energetic than before he came in; so maybe that was just fine.
[break][break]
He stretched out, feeling his muscles stretch, his joints crack before he stood back up. ”And I better get started on just that, I’m sure you don’t need someone holding ya hand on stage.” He didn’t even feel the need to wish her good luck, that wasn’t something a proper professional needed.
[break][break]
”Make ‘em go wild.” He said as he went for the door.

NOTES

Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 21:23:49 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“If I made them go wild,” she started, tapping her lips, “then wouldn’t that just be more work for you?” She chuckled, though there was some truth to it. She had seen crowds go out of control before. But usually, there had been a lot more alcohol involved and maybe a Pokemon or two instigating chaos. This venue was a bit classier than the last one she’d sung at, at least.
[break][break]
Ugh. She hated constructing sentences with two of the same word in succession, even in her mind. Briefly grimacing, Eve swiftly caught herself again. Still though, she watched the man leave for now. This was not the time for conversations, after all. What little there had been had been nice -ugh, again, she always got like that when agitated – but for now, she needed to calm down and prepare. This was just a concert. The kind she’d had a dozen time over in the past two years alone. It had been a while, but she would do well enough. There was at least person that she could not disappoint today. Not after they just expressed their belief in her.
[break]
Which was stronger than her parents just expecting success of her. It felt more motivating, really. With her parents, she was of half a mind to just stick it to them even though she wasn’t even angry. But random strangers that expressed confidence in her?
[break][break]Could not disappoint those.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Catching Notes
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 1:57:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: