[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
MANTINE SURFING COMPETITION

[attr="class","aname2"]
INTRODUCTORY POST / GUIDELINES

[attr="class","ipad"]
[attr="class","freiwantpkmn"]
WELCOME TO SLATEPORT BEACH! on this sunny day, the coast is lined with saddled mantine and cheering spectators, an the atmosphere's summery current is electrified with the anxiety and adrenaline of the gathering surfers.[break][break]

this post is the introductory post. here, you may roleplay your characters and the events leading up to the start of the competition. the setting is slateport's beach. feel free to coo at the cute mantine, trash talk the other participants, or throw up on a sandygast because your character can't handle their nerves.[break][break]

if you would like to join, but have not signed up, feel free to post in this thread despite the sign-ups having been closed! as a note, we will deduct the pokedollar entry fee from your accounts at the end of the event![break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GUIDELINES
[break][break]

alongside exposition, mod posts will prompt your characters to perform their tricks with rolls! each trick has a range of numbers you must roll within to successfully score points. should you fail to roll within the number range required for the trick, your character will wipeout and receive zero points! oh no! thankfully, failing a trick does not mean you're out of the competition, for the mantine will bring you back to surfing speed in no time.[break][break]

in summary, your posts must include the following information:[break][break]
  • the trick your character will perform (chosen from a list below)
  • a roll using the dice command
[break][break]

this event will have four rounds of tricks. afterward, there will be a mod post celebrating the victor(s). remember, this is a casual event and prizes will be rewarded to every participant.[break][break]

after the first round, there will be a 48 hour posting period until the next round begins, meaning you may be skipped. however, if you find yourself with little to no time, all you need to post is the chosen trick and a roll. so feel free to write super short posts![break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]REWARDS
[break][break]

[break]
male/female - static[break]
nuzzle / discharge / slam / surf / wild charge / volt tackle
[break][break]

the monetary jackpot will be split between first, second, and third. other prizes such as premium gachapon tickets, berries and more may be awarded to participants![break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]MANTINE SURFING TRICKS
[break][break]
[break][break]

GOREBYSS/HUNTAIL SPIRAL - 100 POINTS[break]
roll between 1-100.
[break]

the safest trick one can attempt. in the air, one must roll three times with their mantine. as a note, a gorebyss spiral consists of three left rolls while the huntail spiral consists of three right rolls before finishing with a double barrel roll.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

LANTURN 360 - 500 POINTS[break]
roll between 25-100.
[break]

this trick is often used by surfers on the highest of waves. in order to perform the lanturn 360, surfers must do a back flip and front flip before transitioning into a full 360 flip in the air.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

PRIMARINA TWIST - 1000 POINTS[break]
roll between 50-100.
[break]

conversely, the primarina twist if often performed on low waves. to execute this trick, surfers must front flip two times before personally back flipping on to the gliding mantine's wide wingspan.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

STARMIE 720 - 1750 POINTS[break]
roll between 75-100.
[break]

a nausea-inducing trick for the inexperienced, the starmie 720 features three rolls before spinning around fiercely in 720 degrees.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

OVER-THE-GYARADOS - 2500 POINTS[break]
roll between 85-100.
[break]

this notoriously difficult trick requires the surfer to back flip, right roll, and front flip before being launched mid-air to land on the flipping mantine's back.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

MAGIKARP SPLASH - 5000 POINTS[break]
roll between 95-100.
[break]

the most difficult of tricks. although deceptively simple, the form and precision required to perform this trick is almost impossible.[break][break][break]

[newclass=.freiwantpkmn]background-color:#222222;border:solid 1px #191919;padding:1px 1px;float:left;margin:0px 5px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MANTINE SURFING COMPETITION EVENT
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 14:23:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","nashh"]
First on the beach. Nash whistled as she took her seat in the sand, looking out onto the beach with a brilliant grin. She was ready to catch some waves on a Mantine-- oh shit speaking of which, she should probably reserve one. Gotta do this thing right, after all.

Getting up from her seat, she made her way over to the sign up sheets, beginning to write her name down. Instead of 'Nash Alcott' she was sure to just put 'Thunderclap.' Why?

Because image is everything, isn't it?

No mostly she just has an ego to feed.

[newclass=.nashh] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.nashh b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.nashh i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.nashh a]color:#DEA20C;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]Y_eyEJUy
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 14:49:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Theo was far from thrilled to be here. Even though the sun was shining, the skies were clear, and the ocean was beyond beautiful - Theodore couldn't appreciate any of it.

Currently his anxiety was eating away at what little courage he had just to be standing there. A hand on his shoulder nearly caused him to jump out of his skin, but the familiar voice that accompanied it soothed his near hysterics.

"Son, cheer up! You'll do just fine!"
The words of his father shone as brightly as his megawatt grin. Which let the blond trainer relax a bit.

"You'll do fine sweetie! Now, chin up and go and have some fun. Remember, this is for you dear." His mother's kind words resonated with him as he nodded albeit shakily as he felt some of his fears begin to melt away.

"R-Right... Thanks, mom, dad. I'll do you proud." He smiled shyly as his father chuckled. "You're making us proud just by being here. You're strong son, you just don't realize it yet. Now go out there and mingle!" Turning his son towards the bustling crowd he gave the young man a playful shove as Theo stumbled forward.

"E-Erm... okay..."

With that Theodore scanned the ever growing crowd with trepidation.

'Now what do I do...?'

notes; Here's to Theo not totally embarrassing himself! Yet.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 19:48:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"So, how about after this competition you show we around town? You show me where the fun is and I'll show you how we get down in Johto." There was always time to flirt and 'shoot' the proverbial 'shot'—Chancelor McQueen was a firm believer in this 'philosophy' and always grabbed the bull by the horns—always attempted to dunk the goddamn ball into the goddamn hoop. With that being said, the bombshell with the 'bazoonga's' he had been talking to seemed to be with it, she was all for the act of fun and seemed to dig the energy radiating off of the overly confident martial artist; though it did also help that he was apart of this little surfing competition as well, but that is a technicality that mattered very little in the grand scheme of things. "I'll let you rub my trophy when I win, don't trip." He continues to lay down what he dubbed 'The Johto Special' on this girl while his Pokémon played in the sand—Pikachu had been burying Jangmo-o in the sand up to the neck and the both of them seemed to be enjoying the nice weather and the friendly atmosphere.

✝ tag(s) - @deeznutz
✝ notes - priorities are in order
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 22:12:35 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

She could hear the competition from a block away.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper held a hand to her brow, trying to cut the sun's rays as she stared at the rolling waves that washed onshore; the beach already overcrowded and spilling into the street—it was the most amount of activity this city had seen in months.[break][break]

It felt strange to wander back into Slateport after everything that had happened, but this wasn't the time to think back on that bullshit. No one wanted to be a debbie downer—not when they were serving margaritas in fishbowls with salt on the rim.[break][break]

The woman stretched, trying to ease her mind into the moment and forget all the stupid baggage. It was time to have fun. Time to soak up some rays. Time to eat shit on camera for an entire region to see—her bubblegum bubble burst when that thought crossed her mind.[break][break]

Fuck. Don't look like a fool, Cooper.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

surf's up

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:05:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fun is subjective and fernando's idea is fun is what bores to death. the alcoholic robot will abstain from the sinning today, if only because there's a public image to uphold.

like everyone else, fernando approaches the beach with a shitty disguise. his hair is damp and combed back due to the ocean's humidity. he wears some plain, blue swim trunks, with a light grey tank top. his options in clothing are simple, easy to overlook, and conservative. behind the physique is a childhood trauma of scars and no one wants to see that.

fernando is unafraid of being ugly in many ways but letting the rest of the world see them so freely is the last thing he's willing to do.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 6:45:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it is important to keep up public appearances. it boosts the spirits of people more than one might realize; it is part of the reason why people seemed to have adored talia. she might have stepped down during a troubling time, but there's no denying the way the public felt about her before.

the current champion doesn't disguise himself because there's no reason to. it's a safe and family-friendly event. the only dangerous thing there are the towering waves.

he's already in the shallow parts of the beach, water up to his knees, tending to the rented mantine. trust is the most important factor, and so he wastes no time in familiarizing himself with the rented water-type. 

the sun shines down on his bare back. the waves move against his knees, water splashing up to his black swim trunks. he waits for the others, smiling and occasionally waving at the civilians. 

@event

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 15:15:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] As others flock the beach, Cecilia has already engaged with the water. She sits on her mantine drinking a cocktail because if she's even a little tipsy, it's bound to be more fun and she's less inclined to be angry if she loses. Her hoard of cats all scramble across the beach, harassing both each other and anyone they come across: for example, a pikachu and jangmo-o. Abraham de Lacey the Shinx makes a point of kicking dirt over the jangmo-o's head because he's helping.

Her purrloin, meanwhile, helps himself to whatever he can find whether it be someone's wallet or a small child's lollipop.

Cecilia tips her head back and pounds the rest of her drink. She'll find some way to discard it later or maybe it will simply never be mentioned again.

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 2:20:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the amount of times he has been on slateport even before the liberation happened dulled the same excitement that others held upon stepping on the sands of the beach for the first time in months.

he arrives atop his manectric, leaned forward so as to rest his head on his manectric's. it was crowded, with people from all over the region visiting to celebrate the event. bringing a large-ish pokemon was the only way to make space without looking like a prick by demanding space from everyone.

kyle guides his manectric through the crowds, weaving through them as they subconsciously moved aside when the large canine came through.

he wears nothing but dark-colored trunks and an unbuttoned alolan shirt. he starts questioning his decision as his legs start to get numb from being in contact with his manectric's fur for some time now.

@tags
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 4:41:56 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

olivia was the mistress of the waters, follower of the great sea basin, and a water sports enthusiast. all abbiati are expected to be able to swim and dive with ease, but olivia took it further, sneaking away to surf and ride the waves. when she heard tell of competition, she couldn't resist; plus, there was the publicity.

she slipped into the salty waters, bear with nothing but a bikini of pearl cream and silver detailing. while it was a public event and there was supposed security, olivia was still one edge. last time she had been at this beach she was assaulted, kidnapped, and forced to fight her way free. this time she had her own security, the crown, mingling through the crowd as well as meara in her water form hidden in the waves. while olivia wasn't entirely sure where the vaporeon was exactly, the gym leader felt safer knowing she was with her.

a familiar face caught her ocean eyes, one the whole of the region surely knew. olivia still wasn't sure what to make of her last encounter with , and honestly hadn't been expecting him soon. so instead of dealing with the matter, she turned to face the rented mantine. the water type nuzzled against olivia in the water and she let out a girlish giggle.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-spinner"]
[attr="class","ooc"]@tagged
+ Olivia is ready to surf!

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 6:40:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
MANTINE SURFING COMPETITION

[attr="class","aname2"]
FIRST ROUND

[attr="class","ipad"]
[attr="class","freiwantpkmn"]
THE WHISTLE BLOWS! pokemon and trainers who have been playing in the waters are instructed to come back to land in order to make space for the competitors. the waves are great today. tall, full and looming, they stretch across the wide expanse of slateport's neighboring sea.[break][break]

[break][break]

a man, obviously proud of his summer body, heralds the participants, raising his arms to draw them closer to him, "mates! haaw haaw haaaaw! name's angus! welcome to slateport beach! surf's great--"[break][break]

he gestures to a participant who is sneaking away:[break][break]

"hey whaddya doin' mate? y'can't be leavin' the scene. don't worry 'bout it! me mantines are trained to catch ya if ya fall. we're here to have fun, alrighty then?"[break][break]

[break][break]

the mantine are lined up on the shore, awaiting their riders. angus speaks again, "mates, you got me frothin here. when i blow me whistle, jus' surf out, make yer tricks and come back to good ol' angus!"[break][break]

once everyone's prepared, the whistle blows!
[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GUIDELINES
[break][break]

alongside exposition, mod posts will prompt your characters to perform their tricks with rolls! each trick has a range of numbers you must roll within to successfully score points. should you fail to roll within the number range required for the trick, your character will wipeout and receive zero points! oh no! thankfully, failing a trick does not mean you're out of the competition, for the mantine will bring you back to surfing speed in no time.[break][break]

in summary, your posts must include the following information:[break][break]
  • the trick your character will perform (chosen from a list below)
  • a roll using the dice command
[break][break]

@nash @sloane @valdis @theodore @mrtm87 @madison @cecilia[break][break][break]

PLEASE POST BY 7/18 - 12:00AM PST FOR THIS ROUND
[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]MANTINE SURFING TRICKS
[break][break]
[break][break]

GOREBYSS/HUNTAIL SPIRAL - 100 POINTS[break]
roll between 1-100.
[break]

the safest trick one can attempt. in the air, one must roll three times with their mantine. as a note, a gorebyss spiral consists of three left rolls while the huntail spiral consists of three right rolls before finishing with a double barrel roll.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

LANTURN 360 - 500 POINTS[break]
roll between 25-100.
[break]

this trick is often used by surfers on the highest of waves. in order to perform the lanturn 360, surfers must do a back flip and front flip before transitioning into a full 360 flip in the air.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

PRIMARINA TWIST - 1000 POINTS[break]
roll between 50-100.
[break]

conversely, the primarina twist if often performed on low waves. to execute this trick, surfers must front flip two times before personally back flipping on to the gliding mantine's wide wingspan.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

STARMIE 720 - 1750 POINTS[break]
roll between 75-100.
[break]

a nausea-inducing trick for the inexperienced, the starmie 720 features three rolls before spinning around fiercely in 720 degrees.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

OVER-THE-GYARADOS - 2500 POINTS[break]
roll between 85-100.
[break]

this notoriously difficult trick requires the surfer to back flip, right roll, and front flip before being launched mid-air to land on the flipping mantine's back.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

MAGIKARP SPLASH - 5000 POINTS[break]
roll between 95-100.
[break]

the most difficult of tricks. although deceptively simple, the form and precision required to perform this trick is almost impossible.[break][break][break]

[newclass=.freiwantpkmn]background-color:#222222;border:solid 1px #191919;padding:1px 1px;float:left;margin:0px 5px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 13:02:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","nashh"]
Maybe it's the excitement of the day, or perhaps she's just carried away by the excitement of being able to ride a mantine again.

Nash doesn't waste time mounting her Mantine. She's not careful in the move she decides to try and execute anyway. She wasn't a champ of the water, more a figher than a swimmer, but she does decided to try and execute the Primarina Twist.

vq|Yio_r
[newclass=.nashh] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.nashh b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.nashh i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.nashh a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 13:16:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

When the whistle went off Theo nearly jumped out of his skin, the shrill sound throwing off his thoughts as he frantically watched the other competitors rush to their mantines. Getting as much composure as he can the blond haired trainer quickly makes his way to the water and mounts his Mantine, patting it's head lightly cooing slightly as he tried steeling his nerves. "Let's do our best okay?" He mumured to the pokemon as it trilled happily. Gaining momentum as the waves began to rise Theo decided to start off with a simple technique: the HUNTAIL SPIRAL.

YtL3hBDJ
notes; Let's goooo!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 13:54:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia's general feelings for a competition like this are go big or go home. Playing it safe is dull. It is better to try and fail than to succeed and gain nothing.

She readies herself on the mantine, hands gripped tight to the handles. The others take off but she does not look at them.

She performs the starmie.

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]

pbrQ2Ayr
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 14:06:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
catching a glimpse of a familiar face, alexander decides it best to approach. his intentions are pure but hidden; the one glance he does to shore to make sure people are watching is his tell.

"i counted on you to be here. it is lovely to see you again." 

the whistle blows, both signifying the start of the competition and the end of their conversation. he notices the few cameras on the beach before mounting his mantine. he turns to look at her, smiling.

"see you out there, olivia." 

the champion surfs away and approaches the first wave to perform a MAGIKARP SPLASH.

GZQ38nhQ

@event //