November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
HEADLINE EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Speed Demon Gym Leader[m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 18:56:47 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Sierra steadied the weight of her bulky equipment case, slipping through the sliding doors of the lively Mauville Gym. The expansive blend of racing tracks and battle arenas unfolded before her, leaving her in sheer awe. It had been a while since she set foot in a Pokemon gym, yet the electrifying charm never failed to captivate her.[break][break]
"I've forgotten how massive Mauville is," Sierra murmured to herself, her gaze sweeping across the swirling crowd of trainers and Pokemon enthusiasts. Her blue eyes navigated the vibrant surroundings, searching for any hint of the renowned Mauville Gym Leader, Josh Devlin.[break][break]
A quick glance at her watch reassured her. She wasn't running late, a relief. Missing such a significant opportunity due to oversleeping would have been a regrettable misstep, and Sierra couldn't afford that – not again.[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"] [break] [attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]
[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e3834b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass] [newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass] [newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass] [newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 8:34:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Upon entry to the Gym and its waiting room decorated with a thunderstorm motif, Josh's secretary would have directed Sierra to Sector 1 for her appointment with the Gym Leader. Provided she followed the signage, she would have seen him near the SURFACE SLIDE course's starting line, surrounded by an entire pride of Pyroar. There were six of them total, four males and two females, the largest male boasting a golden, Shiny mane.

If had done much research into the Mauville Gym Leader, she would have known this lion by name: Aslan. It was one of his Gym's most well-known Pokémon and Pokémon species. His pride of Pyroar was one of his Gym's attractions, often used to teach students attending his riding and racing classes. Every single one of them wore saddle and bridle, an indicator of just how loyal and well-behaved the savannah predators were. He was so busy at play with his pride that he didn't notice Sierra immediately.

{WC: 167}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Rani          Pyroar         Good
Kion          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 16:43:35 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierrabenoit"]
[attr="class","top"]

Navigating the lively gym atmosphere, Sierra's eyes lit up as she spotted Josh Devlin alongside the majestic Pyroar, Arlan. The fiery Pokemon held court like a regal monarch among the pride, and Sierra couldn't help but slip into a more jubilant mood for the occasion.[break][break]
"Well, well! Not only do we have Josh," she exclaimed, the excitement reverberating in her voice. "But Arlan too! I didn't know we had a special guest for the interview." Her eyes sparkled with a delightful mixture of surprise and joy.[break][break]
Approaching with an enthusiastic stride, Sierra extended her hand in greeting. "Sierra Benoit, News Reporter Extraordinaire. Pleased to make your acquaintance and thrilled about the opportunity to chat today. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything." Her words were delivered with a blend of professionalism and genuine excitement, setting the tone for the engaging conversation to come.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[newclass=".sierrabenoit"]--accent:#e66b19; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit blockquote b, .sierrabenoit blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .sierrabenoit blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .sierrabenoit blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .sierrabenoit .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .sierrabenoit .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 3:41:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Aslan let out a gentle purr upon Sierra mentioning his name. As gentle as a Pyroar's purr could be, anyway; it was still noisy and may have been intimidating. "His name's Aslan, named after a lion god in a popular Unovan fairy tale about a witch and a magical wardrobe."

The Gym Leader accepted Sierra's handshake, Rani sniffing the reporter. "Gym Leader Devlin and Elite Ranger Devlin, but Josh is just fine by me," he introduced himself, two of his Gym trainers sparring with potential challengers in the background. "You weren't at all! Challenger volume has been low recently, so it's been easier to take time out to speak with the press. What can I help you with today?"

{WC: 119}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 17:02:02 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

As Sierra's hand met Josh's in a firm handshake, she couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement. Aslan's gentle purr added a unique soundtrack to the encounter, though Sierra quickly realized she had fumbled the name.[break][break]
"Ah, Aslan! Of course!" she exclaimed, a hint of embarrassment coloring her cheeks. "My apologizes, Aslan. I hope you can forgive me." She gave the grand Pyroar and apologetic look hoping to recover from her mistake. "This morning has been.... a bit hectic."[break][break]
Despite the slight hiccup, Sierra beamed with enthusiasm. "Josh, then!" she said, acknowledging his preference. "My, I don't think I've met Pyroar so friendly as these." She offered a friendly hand to the Pyroar, who was now curiously inspecting her, so they can sniff to their heart's content.[break][break]
"Challenger volume low, huh?" Sierra replied, her curiosity piqued. "Well, I'm glad to catch you in a more relaxed moment. I'm here to dive into the world of Mauville Gym, your strategies, and, of course, the dynamic battles. Any insights you'd like to share? Maybe a sneak peek into what makes your Gym stand out?" Something seemed to strike Sierra as she perked up, "I am getting ahead of myself though. If you'd be okay with an interview, perhaps there is a place you would be most comfortable in doing one?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[newclass=".sierrabenoit"]--accent:#e66b19; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit blockquote b, .sierrabenoit blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .sierrabenoit blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .sierrabenoit blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass] [newclass=".sierrabenoit .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .sierrabenoit .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .sierrabenoit .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 19:12:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was no stranger to "hectic". Between his Gym Leader duties, Ranger duties, and restitution, he was quite busy. "They're the pride of my Gym, and of the Mauville Rangers. Any time there's a large rescue operation I have to head, all of my Pyroar come with me for other Rangers to use." Aslan sniffed, purring loudly but affectionately. It was a sign of how powerful yet gentle the great cat was.

Nala, the smaller of the two females, was the one to approach Sierra. She sniffed the reporter's hand, even lightly bumping her if she were to allow it. "Certainly! We could meet in my--"

After sniffing Sierra, the great cat crouched in front of her before sitting down, letting the newsperson cuddle with the lioness if she wanted. The red saddle on her back may have beckoned Sierra, too. Josh didn't know what to say, particularly after Aslan did the same, even going as far as to sidestep in such a way to have his own saddle bump into his trainer's outstretched hand. "A run, now, Aslan?" he asked before turning toward Sierra. "Sorry. I don't know what's gotten into Rani. She's friendly, yes, but usually not this friendly with people."

{WC: 203}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 20:33:49 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[break][break]

Sierra found herself enchanted by Josh's tales of his busy life, juggling Gym Leader and Ranger duties. The bond he shared with his Pyroar pride was evident in the way Aslan and his pride interacted with him. As Aslan purred loudly, Sierra couldn't help but feel the power and gentleness that radiated from the majestic creature. As a much smaller female approached, Sierra couldn't contain her delight. The smaller female Pyroar sniffed her hand and even lightly bumped her, earning a warm smile from the news reporter. [break][break]
"Well, hello there! You're quite the friendly one, aren't you?" Sierra said, allowing the lioness to nuzzle against her. The unexpected invitation to cuddle caught Sierra by surprise and she couldn't resist the allure of the lioness's soft fur. She crouched down, giving the lioness an affectionate scratch under her chin and letting her hands run through her soft fur. "You're such a sweetheart."[break][break]
Despite Josh's apology, Sierra shook her head, still engrossed in showering the smaller Pyroar with affection. "No need to apologize, Josh. Pokemon have a keen sense about people, I think." She flashed a sheepish smile. "I can't say I'm anything special, but I think I'm enjoying the attention just as much as she is."[break][break]
Her gaze shifted to Aslan, a thoughtful expression crossing her face. "Riding on Pokemon must be such a rush," Sierra mused, her voice taking on a reminiscent tone as she looked at the red saddle upon the lioness's back. "I haven't attempted it since I was a girl with my first Ponyta." She shifted slightly, "I don't have much else planned for the day, so if you want to indulge him, I don't mind. After all, the king gets what the king wants." She grinned, acknowledging the regal presence of Aslan with a playful nod.[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"] [break] [attr="class","pkspr pkmn-na"]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:06:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh couldn't help but coo at Nala and Sierra cuddle with one another, the reporter perhaps able to feel a refreshing warmth course through her. "Pyroar have a reputation for being tough to raise, but they're as friendly as a house Skitty when you get past their hunting instincts." She may have been able to feel the vibration of a powerful purr reverberating through her skin.

Nodding, Josh tapped Aslan's back, the Shiny jungle king crouching to let the Gym Leader aboard. He may have looked like a much more imposing figure holding the normal-type's reins, but was still friendly as ever. "It's what inspired me to become a trainer in the first place when I was ten. It's fed into a dream I've never been able to give up: befriending the fastest Pokémon on land." If Sierra was familiar with Johtonian mythology, she would have easily been able to know that Pokémon as Raikou, the god of lightning and speed.

Nala purred toward Sierra, noticing the attention toward her red riding gear. "I think she wants you to hop on! Just try to be careful with her. She's even faster than Aslan is." Though he didn't explain it, there was also the issue of felines' backs flexing far more than a Ponyta's. While their saddles were designed to mitigate that motion, the bounciness of the predator's running stroke would still be more pronounced than an equine's.

{WC: 239}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 16:05:01 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Sierra hesitated for a moment, awestruck by the scene unfolding before her. The cooing between Nala and herself created an unexpected warmth, and she marveled at the power of the Pyroar's purr vibrating through her skin. Josh's words about Pyroar's friendly nature, hidden beneath their formidable exterior, resonated with Sierra.[break][break]
As Josh tapped Aslan's back and climbed onto the Shiny jungle king, Sierra felt a mix of honor and nerves. The invitation to ride Nala was generous, but the idea of mounting a Pokemon known for its incredible speed was both thrilling and intimidating. Yet, having built a rapport with Nala through pets and scratches, Sierra couldn't bring herself to turn down such a unique opportunity.[break][break]
"I-I'd love to," Sierra stammered, her voice betraying a hint of nervous excitement. "But, uh, Nala, could you go easy on me? I'm not exactly an experienced rider."[break][break]
Nala responded with a purr and a nuzzle. Had she understood her, or? [break][break]

The red riding gear beckoned, and Sierra cautiously climbed onto the Pyroar's back. However, as soon as she settled into the saddle, Nala unleashed her powerful hind legs, propelling them forward with surprising force. [break][break]
"Ahhh!" Sierra yelped in surprise as she floundered to stay atop Nala.[break][break]

Sierra's grip tightened instinctively, her legs clinging to the speeding feline. For a moment, it felt like she might be flung off, but determination set in. She steadied herself, finding a rhythm amidst the jostling motion. The initial unease turned into a sense of exhilaration as the world around her blurred into a high-speed adventure.[break][break]
The wind tousled Sierra's hair, and her heart raced with the thrill of the unexpected ride. Her form might have been a little sloppy, but the sheer joy of the experience overshadowed any initial nervousness. As Nala raced through the terrain, Sierra couldn't help but feel like she was part of something extraordinary, an exhilarating dance with a powerful partner beneath her.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 6:42:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Nala indeed understood Sierra, doing her best to keep her acceleration as smooth as possible. It didn't make the initial leap any less intense, Aslan keeping pace with the faster lioness holding her true speed back in the interest of keeping her guest rider safe. It may not have felt like holding back to Sierra, as her shout indicated to the Gym Leader. Her form looked surprisingly good for someone claiming to have little experience. Even with the racing-trained feline holding back a lot of her speed, it didn't change the reality before her.

Pyroar were just plain fast.

Josh reined Aslan along, Simba on the lioness' other side to keep Nala straight as Sierra seemingly adapted to the bouncy running stroke. There was just something special, something magical about sitting astride a mount capable of ripping anything in its path to shreds.

The excited Rani, not to be outdone by her pridemates, snarled before bolting forward, three images of herself trailing behind her in a blazing fast DOUBLE TEAM. It was a common racing technique for Pokémon not capable of more conventional, and often more stamina-efficient, Quick Attacks.

"Oh, Rani, always wanting to one-up your sister," Josh sighed, all six lions going fast enough to leave dust clouds behind them. "Holding Nala's reins can help with your balance, too," he turned toward Sierra and raised his voice some, though he was uncertain how much he could be heard over the wind ripping around them. "She's all yours to control! If you pull on her reins with one arm, she'll turn in the same direction, and if you squeeze her sides, she'll go faster! It's just like riding horseback!"

{WC: 280}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 21:21:31 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Gripping onto the reins as Josh had suggested, Sierra felt a new sense of control. The wind whipped around her as Nala's powerful strides carried them forward, and Sierra couldn't help but marvel at the exhilarating rush of the experience.[break][break]
With a newfound confidence, Sierra steered Nala with gentle tugs on the reins. The responsive lioness adjusted her course accordingly, the coordination between them becoming more harmonious with each passing moment. Sierra's initial nervousness melted away, replaced by a sense of empowerment atop the speeding Pyroar.[break][break]
Feeling a bit bold, Sierra squeezed Nala's sides with her legs, urging her to pick up the pace. The lioness responded with a burst of speed, and Sierra couldn't contain her excitement. The landscape blurred around them, and the dust kicked up by their rapid movement created a mesmerizing trail.
"Come on, Nala! Let's show Rani what we've got!" Sierra called out, her voice carried away by the rushing wind. The thrill of the chase, the exhilaration of the speed, and the unique connection with Nala combined to create an indescribable joy. Sierra's smile widened, and a contagious laughter escaped her lips as they raced alongside the double teamed Rani.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 6:18:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
For someone who didn't have a lot of experience, Sierra sure was a natural. Though her motions were not as precise as those of a racer, the confidence and trust she had in Nala was higher than many of the applicants he had hired to be Gym Trainers. They were already going faster than legal highway driving speed, and Nala's guest rider seemed to be having the time of her life. Josh, likewise, jabbed at Aslan's sides to keep up, the lions' backs bouncing the duo about. With every expansion of their running stroke, it felt like the saddle fell from underneath their rumps; with every contraction, their backs caught them from a tiny fall.

As Rani pulled ahead of the pride, Sierra had goaded Nala into going all-out. The prideful lioness roared, her rider perhaps getting feedback from her mount's powerful lungs before lunging forward into a full, DOUBLE TEAM-fueled gallop of her own. The move forced Aslan to try to keep up with a DOUBLE TEAM use of his own, the older lion king chasing Nala at speeds needed for the many police chases the Gym Leader helped with. If not for his injury from the Meteno operation, Aslan would have been able to keep up easily. On his synthetic leg, though, that speed simply wasn't there. "Wheeeeeee-haaaaaaa!!" Josh screamed perhaps loudly enough for Sierra to hear over the resounding wind as Nala pulled away from the remainder of the dashing pride.

{WC: 244}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 22:40:24 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]

The wind roared in Sierra's ears as Nala surged forward, responding to Sierra's playful encouragement. The exhilaration of the race was intoxicating, and Sierra couldn't help but revel in the newfound confidence she felt atop the speeding Pyroar.[break][break]
With every rhythmic bounce of Nala's powerful strides, Sierra's laughter echoed in harmony with the wind. Her trust in the lioness was unwavering, and the thrill of the ride surpassed any preconceived notions of what her first Pokemon-backed race would be like.[break][break]
As Rani pulled ahead, Sierra couldn't resist goading Nala into unleashing her full speed. The lioness roared in response, a powerful sound that resonated through Sierra. The rush of the wind, the echoing roars, and the pounding of lion paws against the ground created a symphony of exhilaration.[break][break]
Sierra's eyes widened with excitement as Nala initiated a full DOUBLE TEAM-fueled gallop, leaving the world around them in a blur. The sensation of speed, the rhythmic rise and fall, and the sheer power beneath her were awe-inspiring. Sierra's laughter blended with the triumphant roars of the lioness, creating a cacophony of joy that echoed through the racing landscape.[break][break]
Josh's distant scream of delight, perhaps loud enough to cut through the wind, added to the joyous cacophony. The prideful Pyroar had surged ahead, leaving the Gym Leader and Aslan in their wake. The competitive spirit, the exhilarating speed, and the unexpected thrill of the race turned the interview into a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.[break][break]
Sierra couldn't help but join in the collective chorus of excitement, her heart pounding with the thrill of the race. The world around her blurred, and for that moment, she was not just a news reporter but a daring racer atop a magnificent Pyroar, embracing the extraordinary magic of the Pokemon world.
As the race neared its end, Sierra could feel the powerful strides of Nala gradually slowing. The wind's roar softened, and the world around them gradually came back into focus. The pride of Pyroar gradually settled into a slower pace, their breaths harmonizing with Sierra's own rapid heartbeat.[break][break]

With a gentle nudge from Sierra, Nala gradually eased into a trot before coming to a stop. The abrupt stillness after the exhilarating run left Sierra's legs feeling like jelly, and her heart pounded against her ribs. The landscape around her swayed as she dismounted the lioness, her movements a touch unsteady.[break][break]

Falling to her knees, Sierra couldn't suppress the radiant smile that graced her face. The contentment in her expression spoke volumes, the joy of the extraordinary race etched across her features. The rush of wind and the blur of the race still echoed in her senses as she caught her breath.[break][break]

"That was... incredible," Sierra gasped between breaths, her voice infused with awe. She looked up at Nala, gratitude and admiration shining in her eyes. "Thank you, Nala. That was... I don't even have words."
[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".sierra"]--accent:#e66b19;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 5:29:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even Josh had to catch his breath after the two completed a lap around the concourse. Sierra had talent to withstand a redlining, DOUBLE TEAM-fueled sprint from a great cat. They had gone faster than many older commercial vehicles were capable of moving with the gas pedal all the way to the floor. "Are you okay?" Josh asked, sliding off Aslan's back and offering the interviewer a hand in standing. "You're a natural racer and quite the athlete, Sierra. You could make a lot of money doing this even semi-professionally." He continued to shower the reporter with compliments of her great skill, instinct, and reaction time; all were important for a racer to have.

Sierra's gaze was met with a smile between the lioness' own breaths. It was not often she got to let loose at full speed with a guest in her saddle, and she enjoyed every bit of it. She walked toward the reporter, letting the two cuddle if the blonde so desired.

With both of them a little shaken up after the wild and fast ride, Josh led the way back into his Gym's office. "Sorry we got so distracted," he apologized, the air conditioning refreshing after working up quite the sweat. "I'm sure you still have all kinds of questions for me. My office is on the third floor if you want to use that to take all the notes you need."

{WC: 236}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 21:24:14 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
As Sierra caught her breath, the world slowly steadying around her, she felt the lingering exhilaration of the race. The words of praise from Josh echoed in her ears, and she couldn't help but beam with a mix of exhaustion and pride. The rush of wind, the roar of the lions, and the sheer speed they had achieved left her in awe.[break][break]
Josh's concern reached her as he offered a hand, and Sierra gladly accepted the help in standing. The compliment-laden words continued, showering her with praise for her unexpected talent as a racer. Sierra chuckled, her fatigue giving way to a grateful smile.
"Thanks, Josh. That was... indescribable. And I appreciate the compliments. I'm going to be tempted to consider taking up a second passion job at this rate.," she replied with a light laugh, her athletic abilities clearly catching even herself by surprise.[break][break]
As Sierra turned her gaze toward Nala, the lioness reciprocated with a smile of her own. Sierra couldn't help but appreciate the unique bond forged in the midst of their high-speed adventure. The lioness approached, and Sierra, feeling a sense of camaraderie, offered a gentle hug into Nala's side.[break][break]
With both adrenaline and exhaustion coursing through their veins, Josh led the way back into the Gym's office. The air conditioning was a welcome relief, and Sierra appreciated the chance to cool down after the wild ride. Josh's apology was met with a dismissive wave from Sierra.[break][break]
"No need to apologize, Josh, I should be the one singing praises and thanks. That was an experience I won't forget. And, yes, I still have plenty of questions for you," she said, her enthusiasm undiminished. "Let's head to your office, and I'll get everything noted down. Maybe we can chat about the finer points of Gym leadership at a slightly slower pace." The exhaustion was evident in her voice, but the sparkle in her eyes showed that the adrenaline-fueled adventure had left her invigorated, ready to dive back into the world of interviews and reporting.[break][break]

[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".sierra"]--accent:#e66b19;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]