6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
HEADLINE EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Speed Demon Gym Leader[m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 6:12:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's experience with had come full circle. Last year, he had the opportunity to experience what it was like riding Raikou, the fastest Pokémon on land. He had echoed many of those same points Sierra was making now. It made him feel warm inside - like he was being a true Leader, helping inspire those around him to be the best they could. It didn't make her feats any less impressive, though. A Pyroar's Double Team was well above legal highway driving speed. To withstand the amount of pressure on one's lower body, not to mention potential motion sickness from bouncing up and down so rapidly and harshly, was no small feat.

"Let's." With a nod, Josh led Sierra to the third-floor elevator. At the end of a long hallway was a double-door leading to a spacious office filled with shelves containing Raikou memorabilia. There were plush, plastic figures, posters, and the like. The crown jewels of the collection were a case containing a slabbed copy of one of every Raikou card ever printed for the official card game, and on his desk, a well-worn Raikou plush about a foot tall. Outside its north wall of windows was a breathtaking view of the Racing Grounds they had just sped across. "It's no secret that I've loved Raikou since I was a kid," Josh said as he rest a hand on the doll and took a seat behind his monitor.

{WC: 240}
{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Rani          Pyroar         Good
Kion          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 18:04:24 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
Sierra followed Josh to the elevator, still feeling a residual buzz from the exhilarating race. The anticipation of the upcoming interview stirred within her as they ascended to the third floor. The double doors led to a spacious office adorned with a plethora of Raikou memorabilia. Sierra couldn't help but marvel at the collection, the plush figures, posters, and the impressive array of Raikou cards.[break][break]

Setting up her equipment on a clear spot on the desk, Sierra glanced at the well-worn Raikou plush. Its presence seemed to hold a certain sentimental value beyond its status as part of a collection. The view outside the windows offered a breathtaking panorama of the Racing Grounds, a reminder of the dynamic world they had just raced through.[break][break]

"I can see Raikou holds a special place in your heart," Sierra remarked, nodding toward the plush. "It's fascinating how Pokemon can shape our lives and interests. Do you think Raikou played a significant role in your love for racing and in shaping who you are as a trainer?"[break][break]

The question hung in the air as Sierra adjusted her microphone, the room settling into a comfortable ambiance. The Racing Grounds stretched out beyond the window, a vast expanse that seemed to echo the untold stories of battles and victories. As she prepared to delve into the interview, Sierra couldn't help but wonder about the intricate connection between Josh, Raikou, and the world of Pokemon racing.[break][break]

[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".sierra"]--accent:#e66b19;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 3:42:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was no secret that Raikou was very special to Josh since he was young. There were some aspects of his wishes it was best to keep to himself, such as his desire for an Avatarship with the Johto Beast. As much as he wanted to spill his guts about the full extent of his wants, some details were better off secrets kept to those he truly trusted.

"When I was younger, I dreamed of meeting, befriending, and riding on Raikou's back," Josh answered Sierra's question. "In Johtonian mythology, Raikou is the fastest land Pokémon in the world. That speed is what led me to choose an Electrike as my first Pokémon. It was the closest I felt I would get to Raikou. Together, we chased Raikou for years, and nothing came of it. But that's a whole different story." It was a chase that Josh had to put on hold not only because of his restitution, but for his own mental health. As he had learned from his conversations with other Avatars, one does not chase the gods. The gods seek out those they deem worthy. Even so, his role within AQUA's SAPPHIRE division gave him the opportunity to keep tabs on legendary Pokémon. In his eyes, it would only be a matter of time before the Beast of his dreams made their presence known.

"Long story short, Raikou's had a big influence on me, as a trainer, a Gym Leader, and a racer."

{WC: 248}
{PC: 9}

Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Rani          Pyroar         Good
Kion          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 18:10:24 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
Sierra listened intently as Josh shared his childhood dreams and the profound influence Raikou had on his journey as a trainer. The Johtonian mythology, the pursuit of speed, and the connection between the legendary Pokemon and his choice of Electrike all painted a vivid picture of Josh's deep-rooted connection to the world of Pokemon.[break][break]

"Raikou truly seems to be a driving force in your journey," Sierra remarked, her eyes reflecting a genuine curiosity. "It's incredible how childhood dreams and mythologies can shape our paths in unexpected ways."[break][break]

Sierra's gaze shifted to Josh's mention of Electrike, recognizing the practicality of starting his journey with a Pokemon that embodied the speed he admired in Raikou. "Electrike as your first Pokemon must have held a special significance, bridging that gap between aspiration and reality."[break][break]

As she adjusted her notes, Sierra's curiosity led her to the present. "In your current team, is there a Pokemon that holds a similar importance to you? Whether it's a connection to your past or a companion that has become an integral part of your journey as a trainer and Gym Leader?" The question aimed to uncover the personal bonds that shaped the dynamic leader before her, transcending the mythical allure to explore the practical companions that walked alongside him in the present.[break][break]

[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".sierra u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 23:52:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"He is. I want to befriend him more than anything else in the world," Josh answered, drawing his plush to his cheek and cuddling it like a child would their favorite toy. Its red, embroidered eyes and long, soft front teeth were almost as majestic as the real thing to him. Many of its black, thunderbolt-like stripes had faded some, showing just how loved the stuffed Pokémon was.

"It was," the Gym Leader answered, "and still is. Even in the... oh, year and a half or so that I've come to Hoenn, we've been through hell and back together. And it's only made us stronger together." If only he knew the true hell that Manectric was about to put him through...

Sierra's question took Josh by surprise. "It's a bit difficult to pick from the... oh, over one hundred Pokémon at my Gym, but... how about I just bring him in here." Holding a special Poké Ball with yellow decorations covering it, Josh stood up from his desk and clicked a button on the back wall, opening an electronic sliding door that led to a balcony overlooking the Gym's Racing Grounds. Waving toward a Zeraora in the distance and whistling toward him, he got the mythical cat's attention. The Pokémon bounded and leaped toward the building at blistering speed, leaping into the capture beam of the device.

Seconds later, Josh stepped back inside and released the electric Pokémon, the quadrupedal Zeraora making himself comfortable on the carpeted floor much like a common Skitty would. "It would be him. This is Raikiri. You might notice how similar his name is to Raikou's. That's because... I used to think he was Raikou." The most prominent feature on the cat was the cocoon saddle on his back, usually reserved for flying Pokémon. If Sierra had seen the mythical cat before, she would be aware that most of them stood on only their hind paws. This one was different, moving more like a feral cat. He was perhaps one-of-a-kind among his species.

{WC: 343}
{PC: 10}

Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 16:10:19 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
Sierra observed with keen interest as Josh cradled the Raikou plush with a tenderness that spoke volumes about the connection he held with the mythical Pokemon. The faded stripes and well-loved appearance of the plush hinted at the countless moments of solace it had provided.[break][break]
The revelation that Electrike remained a steadfast companion through the challenges of Hoenn added a layer of poignancy to the Gym Leader's journey. The bond forged in the face of adversity resonated with Sierra, and she couldn't help but feel a deep appreciation for the unspoken camaraderie between trainer and Pokemon.[break][break]
When Sierra's question prompted Josh to introduce another Pokemon, her anticipation heightened. The electronic sliding door revealed a balcony overlooking the Racing Grounds, and as Josh whistled and waved, a streak of lightning responded. Zeraora, a mythical Pokemon Sierra had only encountered through online information and stories, bounded toward them with breathtaking speed.[break][break]
As Josh released Raikiri, Sierra couldn't hide her awe. The quadrupedal Zeraora made himself comfortable on the carpeted floor, a sight that contradicted the typical bipedal stance of his species. The cocoon saddle on his back and the feral, cat-like movements set Raikiri apart, making him a unique specimen among his kind.[break][break]
"I've only seen Zeraora in pictures and read about them online," Sierra admitted, her eyes filled with wonder. "But seeing one in person is something else entirely. Raikiri is truly remarkable, and I am sure our watchers will feel the same when this airs. How did you come to believe he was Raikou, and what's the story behind your first meeting?" The mythical aura surrounding Raikiri intrigued Sierra, and she was eager to unravel the tale that bound this enigmatic Pokemon to Josh's journey.
[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 7:27:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
What a question. The simple presence of the mythical cat provoked such a loaded inquiry. "If you think he's remarkable here, you should see him on the track. Ever seen a Pokémon run faster than a race car before?" he asked, his smile growing as Sierra's interest continued. That smile melted into a quizzical, almost bewildered look as she asked about their meeting.

"Wow... where do I even begin..." Josh sighed. "In short, I got him from Top Champion . You see, when Rocket invaded Kanto and tried to take over Johto, Suicune and Raikou repelled them at great cost. Suicune died in the war, and Raikou was believed to be dead, but we have not been able to confirm Raikou's death. My recent travels led me to believe Raikou died in the war. Raikiri preferring to run on all fours, plus his incredible speed, led me to believe the soul of that Raikou rest inside him. There's a lot more to that story, too, if you want to hear it."

{WC: 172}
{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 17:28:49 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
Sierra couldn't help but feel a mix of awe and empathy as Josh shared the intricate tale of Raikiri's origins. The revelation of Suicune's sacrifice and the uncertain fate of Raikou in the wake of Rocket's invasion added a layer of somberness to the narrative. The mention of Kyle Lopez, the Top Champion, and the connection to the war-torn history of Kanto and Johto painted a picture of a world shaped by both triumphs and losses.[break][break]

"Running faster than a race car? Now that's something I'd love to witness someday," Sierra exclaimed, her eyes reflecting genuine excitement. The prospect of seeing a Pokemon surpass the speed of modern technology was nothing short of thrilling.[break][break]

As Josh delved into the story of Raikiri's acquisition, Sierra's curiosity deepened. The tragic backdrop of Suicune's sacrifice and the lingering uncertainty surrounding Raikou's fate heightened the emotional weight of the tale. The belief that Raikiri carried the essence of Raikou, with his distinctive preference for running on all fours and incredible speed, added a touch of mystique to the narrative.[break][break]

"I would love to hear more," Sierra replied, her voice gentle yet eager. "The intertwining of history, myth, and the unique traits of Raikiri makes for a captivating story. It's like a living legend, carrying the legacy of Raikou." The personal connection between trainer and Pokemon, woven into the fabric of such profound stories, intrigued Sierra, and she was eager to unravel more layers of Raikiri's journey alongside Josh.
[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:03:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh grinned upon hearing Sierra's enthusiasm for witnessing great speed. "If you ever become a more skilled rider, I may be able to oblige you," he teased her. "Raikiri can carry two people at a time." The only other person he had ever let on the Zeraora's back with him was , and she was quite worse for wear once they had reached top speed. At the mention of his name, the feline stood up and walked next to Sierra, letting her get a good look at the great cat if she wanted. The Gym's tall ceilings handily accommodated the electric-type's great size.

"It all started back in July of last year. To the northwest of Fortree is a small shrine dedicated to the legendary Pokémon Raikou. Through some painstaking legwork, I was able to learn that Top Champion was on friendly terms with Entei, one of Raikou's two cousins. We battled in his Battle Arcade, and Entei overwhelmed me. Not long after that, when I had to go into space to help stop the meteoroid from crashing into Hoenn, I found out that he was also on friendly terms with the Great One, Ho-oh. After we licked our wounds from that, we met up again around the week of my birthday, and he got me the best birthday present I could have asked for." The Gym Leader's excitement reached a fever pitch, ready to share the most blissful memory he had ever made during his entire stay in the war-torn region. It was a memory that kept him going no matter what calamity befell him.

{WC: 268}
{PC: 13}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 19:29:57 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
Sierra couldn't help but be intrigued by the prospect of riding alongside Josh on the back of Raikiri, the promise of incredible speed tempting her adventurous spirit. The mention of Julia Davis and the playful tease about becoming a more skilled rider added a layer of camaraderie to the conversation.[break][break]

As Raikiri approached, Sierra marveled at the majestic presence of the electric-type. The tall ceilings of the Gym provided ample space for the formidable creature, and Sierra took a moment to appreciate the sleek, powerful form of the Zeraora.[break][break]

The narrative of Josh's journey continued, weaving a tapestry of encounters with legendary Pokemon and the pursuit of a connection with Raikou. The Battle Arcade, the space mission to stop the meteoroid, and the revelation of kyle lopez's friendship with both Entei and Ho-oh added layers of excitement and wonder to the tale.[break][break]

As Josh's excitement reached a peak, Sierra leaned forward, eager to hear about the pivotal birthday present that had left such a lasting impression on the Gym Leader. The anticipation hung in the air, and Sierra couldn't help but feel a shared sense of joy in the recounting of a memory that seemed to light up Josh's spirit.[break][break]

"That present being Raikiri?  That is surely a present many could only dream of!" Sierra asked, her voice filled with genuine happiness. The prospect of a gift tied to legendary Pokemon and the heartfelt enthusiasm in Josh's expression hinted at a moment of profound significance.

Sierra transitioned to her final set of questions, her tone shifting to reflect the forward-looking nature of the interview. "It's truly an incredible journey, Josh. As you and Raikiri continue forward, what new heights do you have in mind? Are there specific goals or challenges you're aiming to conquer together? Whether in battles, races, or any other aspect of your journey, what lies on the horizon for the Mauville Gym Leader and his formidable Zeraora companion?" The inquiry aimed to capture the aspirations and ambitions that fueled Josh's path, providing a glimpse into the exciting future that awaited both trainer and Pokemon.
[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 4:37:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Heh," Josh's smile grew into a grin with Sierra's interest. "Perhaps if we get to know each other better, you'll get to find out about Raikiri's speed firsthand." It took a lot of trust for Josh to be willing to let a passenger aboard his most prized Pokémon. On top of that, riding so fast was physically demanding.

"The present actually wasn't Raikiri," the Leader clarified. "It's fairly well-known at this point that Kyle's connection with Ho-oh lets him command... familiars... of Raikou and Suicune. Not the real thing, but... that's the best word I have. He let me go for a ride on his Raikou familiar." He went on to describe what he felt that day. While he did not have full control over the legendary familiar, he had enough control to experience the uncontrollable speed of the fastest Pokémon on land. "Being on Raikiri's back gives me that same feeling. While it's not quite as intense - nothing can match that of the Johtonian god of speed, after all - it's very similar to what I felt that day."

With the interview wrapping, Josh's thoughts shifted from the past to the future. "For quite some time, I've had the title of Champion in my sights. And I have Raikiri to credit for a lot of my success. Other than that, be the best Gym Leader I can be, the best Ranger I can be... and follow leads on Raikou when I can. Responsibly, of course." He didn't want to say anything more; if the public was able to piece together his misdeeds involving , the backlash to both himself and the League as a whole would be catastrophic.

{WC: 280}
{PC: 14}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 16:43:00 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sierra absorbed Josh's words with a mixture of excitement and appreciation for the layers of his journey that unfolded during the interview. The prospect of experiencing Raikiri's speed firsthand lingered in her mind, a thrilling invitation that hinted at the potential adventures to come.[break][break]

As Josh clarified the nature of the birthday present, Sierra's intrigue deepened. The connection between Kyle's Ho-oh familiar and the exhilarating ride on Raikou painted a vivid picture of the profound experiences shared between trainers and their legendary companions. The echo of that intense speed in Raikiri's movements resonated with Sierra, creating a bridge between the mythical and the tangible.[break][break]

With the interview transitioning to the future, Josh's aspirations for the title of Champion and the continued pursuit of excellence as a Gym Leader and Ranger unveiled a path of ambition. Sierra admired the commitment to responsibility in the quest for Raikou, recognizing the delicate balance required in such pursuits.[break][break]

Seizing the opportunity to capture Josh's final thoughts for the audience, Sierra posed her closing question. "Before we wrap up the broadcast, Josh, do you have any final thoughts or messages you'd like to share with the audience watching? Anything you'd like them to know or take away from our conversation today?" The stage was set for Josh to impart his wisdom, share insights, or convey a message that would resonate with the viewers and leave a lasting impression.

[break][break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 2:28:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Moving his hands away from his keyboard, Josh knew he had to leave a lasting impression with his final words. And leave one he would. That final impression would be some of the greatest self-taught wisdom he had learned from the ups and downs in his life. They were lessons he learned when he nearly sacrificed the lives of every Pokémon he had just for Saber, the Manectric that was the Pokémon he most closely resonated with. Lessons learned when his Absol nearly gave her life for him. Twice. Lessons learned when he nearly took the life of a child over his obsession with an electric deity he had never met. And most recently, lessons learned in his humble experiences in combat with Hoenn's Elite Four.

"Don't give up on your dreams, but don't let them control you, either. If you let your dreams control you, you will do horrible things you never thought you would ever do. Some of my dreams have already come true. I'm racing Pokémon for a living now, and using that career for helping the next generation of trainers be ready to confront Team Rocket. Some dreams will forever be dreams and may never come true. It's the hardest thing I've had to accept. But all you can do is pursue them without becoming a slave to them."

{WC: 226}
{PC: 15}

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 16:30:48 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]

As Josh's profound words hung in the air, Sierra felt the weight of the wisdom he had shared, each sentence a testament to the depth of his experiences and the lessons etched into the fabric of his journey. The sincerity in his voice resonated, creating a poignant moment that transcended the confines of a simple interview.[break][break]

"Thank you, Josh, for sharing your remarkable journey and the invaluable lessons you've learned along the way," Sierra expressed, her tone reflecting both gratitude and admiration. "Your words serve as a guiding light for all those watching, a reminder to pursue our dreams with passion and determination, yet with the wisdom to navigate the complexities that may arise. It's been an honor to delve into your story, and I'm sure the audience will carry these insights with them as they embark on their own adventures."[break][break]

With a final glance at the camera, Sierra offered a warm smile. "To our viewers, thank you for joining us today. Remember, the journey is as important as the destination. Keep chasing your dreams, but never lose sight of the path that leads you there. Until next time, this is Sierra Benoit, signing off."[break][break]

Sierra leaned back in her chair, the weight of the interview lifting as the broadcast concluded. With a casual smile, she turned to Josh, the transition from the professional interviewer to her more laid-back self seamless.[break][break]

"Phew, that was quite the interview, wasn't it?" she remarked, her blue eyes reflecting a mix of satisfaction and relaxation. "You've got quite the story, Josh, and I'm sure the viewers are going to eat it up. Now, speaking of consuming things, I've got a bit of a tradition after a job well done. Know where the closest bar is around here? I'm thinking a nice shot of whiskey to celebrate, what do you say?" Her tone held a playful edge, a touch of camaraderie as she sought to unwind after the intensity of the interview.
[break][break][break]
TAGS [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,004 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 18:41:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh breathed a deep sigh of relief as the long but engaging interview ended. He cuddled the Raikou plush on his desk closely with one hand, shaking Sierra's hand with his other if she allowed it. "It's been a long... almost year and a half. I'll say that much. And I get the feeling it's only going to get longer from here." A degree of professionalism remained with the Gym Leader at almost all times, but there was a noticeable change in him when they came off the air, as well.

Sierra suggested going to a bar. While Josh wouldn't take her up on a shot of whiskey, he would take her to his favorite place to eat. "I don't drink alcohol. Ever heard of the phrase, 'Don't drink and ride'?" He waited for Sierra to laugh first before joining her in laughter if she thought it was funny. "There is a wonderful sports bar a few blocks down the road from here. My regulars go there a lot. It's called the Checkered Flag. Could get lunch there if you're up for it. There should be a postseason baseball game on, too, if you're into watching sports."

After they had packed up, the two would head to the Racing Grounds, saddle up two of the Leader's Pyroar, and take a leisurely ride to the sports bar. It was a lot more relaxing when they had to stay within municipal speed limits!

{WC: 241}
{PC: 16}