Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,666 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 2:54:02 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Night lengthened the shadows upon Mt. Pyre. Zev stood among the tombs, overseeing the work of his Nidoking. The Drill Pokémon's blackened scales camouflaged him in the gloom as he moved spade-sized clawfuls of dirt using DIG.[break][break]

Nearby, Zev's Cofagrigus hovered, waiting. She held a corpse in her body, kept frozen with HAZE.[break][break]

Eventually, Nidoking stopped, the grave unearthed. He lifted the lid of the coffin, uncovering a stranger's bones.[break][break]

Zev nodded at Cofagrigus. She floated over to the grave and opened her doors. Her four hands reached inside her depths to extract the victim stored within.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 12:38:50 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
They say when people got to close to a flame, they'd get burned. It's a shame for Schuyler, he was an ever persistent moth that found a light to be drawn to. Mt. Pyre had so many mysteries that were just itching to be uncovered. And from the proper vantage point, you could see just about anything. As the Cofagrigus unveiled the corpse within its coffin-like body, Schuyler began to scratch the pencil in his hand against paper. The body seemed pale, bloated, and most importantly, lightweight. He'd never seen a dead body other than funerals, so to see it displayed so viscerally before him was a treat.

Then his pencil's point had to go and break.

Maybe it could have been written off as a wild pokemon. Schuyler's body stiffened before he began to relax again and carefully rose to full height. Tucked in between a few rocks upon the mountain, he kept his hands raised to show he meant no harm as he began his approach. He was brave enough to meet the grave digger's eyes if he chose to look back at him. Not necessarily a challenge, but an insistence on the fact he meant no harm.

"Livor mortis," he spoke finally, a nod to the corpse. "Recent work, am I correct? What's your method?"

Schuyler took a small pocket knife out and began to carve away at the pencil to sharpen it once more. Once he was ready, he lifted his notebook again and readied himself to take any notes that the dark haired man had for him. But then it hit him. Maybe he should reason why he was there. The stranger's purpose was obvious. But Schuyler's? Absolutely not. He acknowledged this detail and opted to speak once more.

"I'm just here to take notes. I'm fascinated by this sort of stuff, you see. I want my writing to be as accurate as it can be."

He had no qualms to show the man the notes he'd taken already. They seemed organized, like a science project of sorts. Then words spewed out, itching with curiosity.

"Say, do you mind if I touch it? I've never seen a corpse before."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,666 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 13:11:19 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The sharp crack of wood breaking cut through the heavy silence of the graveyard. Zev's eyes snapped to the direction of the noise, narrowing as a figure emerged from behind some rocks.[break][break]

The man held a pencil and notepad in his raised hands. Something like apology lined his face, but still, Zev did not relax. Not even as the man explained his presence, as if anticipating the question.[break][break]

"Your writing?" the hitman echoed, suspicious. There was no curiosity in his tone, only caution. He peered at the proffered notes. Incredibly, they were indeed about the corpse and its physical state.[break][break]

Zev regarded the stranger again. He knew better than most how easy it was for people to lie. Yet the blonde man stared at the corpse with such fascination that his interest could have only been genuine.[break][break]

"Sure, you can touch it."[break][break]

At her master's consent, Cofagrigus extended the body toward the stranger.[break][break]

"You aren't supposed to see me here," Zev added, his voice cold and edged with danger. "I can't let you leave." In the darkness, Nidoking rumbled.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 13:52:47 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
Morbidly curious fingers trailed against the exposed arm of the corpse and his eyes flew open. It was freezing. A gentle nudge showed any lack of resistance. A pick up and drop of the arm. Everything he experienced was soon jotted down. The only thing that broke him was the rumbling sound of his Nidoking. Schuyler backed away from the corpse, a little surprised. But he could understand the trepidation the man had in regards of Schuyler's own presence. As much as he could understand it, the author attempted to reason with the man.

"Rather than resort to violence, hear me out," he implored. "Sounds like a battle are likely to draw further spectators. While the probability that others are around is highly unlikely, it's not an absolute zero."

The way he spoke seemed fluid, like he expected the man to doubt him. Schuyler attempted to be the voice of reason in the moment as well as an attempt to save his own ass. But if Zev felt so inclined to battle, who was he to refuse? The blonde withdrew his Pangoro and allowed the panda to take its stance. The Cofagrigus was occupied with the corpse, so unless it closed or dropped the body into the grave, it posed no threat.

"Though otherwise, I don't plan on telling a soul of what transpired here. I could be considered an accomplice in this mess. That corpse has got my fingerprints on it, too. So how about I help you take care of the rest here?"

A simple suggestion that weighed heavy in the air. But he didn't seem to flinch at the idea one bit. Hell, he'd already touched the corpse, what was burying it in comparison?

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,666 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 23:15:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Despite the stranger's words against violence, he still summoned his Pokémon. From where he stood, Zev assessed the situation. He had no doubt that his Nidoking could take on the Pangoro. And if push came to shove, he'd brought other Pokémon with him, too.[break][break]

But then the stranger offered to help Zev, promising not to tell anyone else. He had a point: who was to believe the kind of man who skulked around graveyards at night for creative inspiration?[break][break]

"Then what? Let's say we get rid of this body together. How do I know you won't go to the police in the morning and lead them to what we've done?" His eyes narrowed. If there was anything he hated, it was being in another person's debt.[break][break]

Then a thought struck him.[break][break]

"You said this stuff fascinates you," Zev recalled. "It must be difficult to gain access to fresh corpses, unless you're a coroner. And I doubt you are one if you're this unfamiliar with corpses. Am I right?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 1:51:30 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
The man offered a fair point. What if he were to go squeal after the body was disposed? The only proper answer Schuyler could give was a simple one. He withdrew his Pangoro and instead opted for a much simpler option. The Ditto of his party oozed out of its pokeball, its beady eyes a dead stare as it looked upon its trainer. Schuyler glanced from the Ditto, to the corpse, and cocked his head in direction of it. It was almost a wordless command as the slime-like creature began to inch its way towards the body.

"We can dismember it and split it up among the both of us," he offered. "That way we won't know where the other buried the rest. If you so desire, to save the effort of breaking bones, this little guy can slip into any orifice and began to disconnect them."

How did he know that? It wasn't exactly a secret he was keen on revealing. (Had this actually been his first dead body? It was hard to say. The way he reacted and spoke so calmly about the situation seemed suspicious -- he could understand Zev's hesitation.) Though rather than continue to be all talk, he figured it best to shoot the man a question that would hopefully break the ice:

"Or better yet, how about you tell me what you want me to do to prove that I won't say anything? Besides, I think everyone's a bit occupied with whatever's happening near Dewford Town to really give a shit about one dead body."

The sudden land formation from the tectonic shift became a war ground for either side to fight for. Part of him remained eager to see which side would win, but he wouldn't hold his breath. The League had been falling behind. Maybe they were too focused on rehabilitating some of the criminals that fell into their hands rather than actually giving two shits about the place they called home? Schuyler didn't care much for the kumbaya power of friendship bullshit that some of them tried to pursue. Once a criminal, always a criminal.

At least he could respect the idea of Team Rocket. They knew and acknowledged they did wrong, and didn't try to cover it up by claiming the idea of the greater good or some high-road morality spiel.

"Name's Schuyler. Schuyler Tate. So then if you've gotta come after me, you know who you're looking for."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,666 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 12:32:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Understandably, this man named avoided answering Zev's probing question, focusing instead on surviving their encounter. The hitman eyed the Ditto as it inched toward the body still cradled in Cofagrigus' arms.[break][break]

The blonde was being way too cooperative—more than the average person faced with the possibility of death at the hands of a stranger.[break][break]

"We'll dismember the body," Zev agreed. "You bury half of it here. I'll take the other half elsewhere."[break][break]

At a nod of his head, his black-scaled Nidoking started tearing the corpse into pieces.[break][break]

Ignoring the gruesome actions, Zev regarded Schuyler again. "So, why the interest in dead bodies?" He had mentioned writing, but why writing?

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 13:45:12 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
Unfortunately the Nidoking took to dismembering the body. As Schuyler witnessed, the more cooperative veneer he'd held up seemed to vanish as he simply stared as flesh and bone became malleable. His pulse quickened, whether out of fear, excitement, or something else entirely. He could hardly hear the way tissue and muscle ripped and tore over the beat of his heart like a drum in his ears. Even with the lack of resistance from a corpse, he noted it still took plenty of force. Bones snapped like twigs under the Nidoking's might, popping and twisting from their respective connective tissue. It was almost a shock to his system when Zev spoke up once again. The blonde felt himself snap back to reality and looked to him with a chuckle to attempt to ease the tension in that moment.

"Right, my interest," he acknowledged finally. "I guess the topic of death just leaves me curious. Lives are kind of like books to a degree -- they end eventually. Some are longer than others. The only difference is that we can't go back and re-read a life. But after all we experience, is that really it? Does that story truly end?"

The way he spoke reflected an interest in what possibly lay after death. Everyone has wondered it at some point. Maybe Schuyler was just a bit more obsessive on the topic. Once the work was done, he looked down to his Ditto and jerked his head in the direction of the Nidoking. The Ditto complied and transformed to carry some of the remnants of what used to be a living, breathing person.

"Besides, I write a lot of horror. I want to make things realistic and challenge people to read beyond what makes them comfortable."

Life had a way of throwing uncomfortable and devastating situations without warning at others. To the author, it was the way of weeding out the weak. If they couldn't manage through it, then the universe would cull them respectively. The notepad still gripped in the palm of the writer's hand fell closed so he could pocket it. The spiral of it stuck out of the top of his back pocket but otherwise fit. Without another word, Schuyler followed his Nidoking-transformed Ditto (which notably lacked the dark aura that the other pokemon carried -- maybe it was the bulbous eyes or something more.)

What portions they carried were buried deep. Notably the pair focused on burying the half they took among already dug graves. (In all fairness, they'd already witnessed the dismemberment. What was defiling a couple graves along the way? Besides, what kind of do-gooder would want to dig up another grave in case there might be traces of a fresh murder there?) As the pair worked, Schuyler kept his focus to himself and his Nidoking-Ditto. He'd keep his end of the bargain and give Zev the opportunity to bury his half elsewhere.

In the meantime, he removed the silver watch off of the bloodied limb and gave a hum. It looked expensive, the victim must've been someone of opulence or importance. But it wasn't his to keep. Besides, the thing already looked broken, as the clock face was cracked in a variety of places and the hands had come to a complete stop. With a shrug, Schuyler threw it into the open maw of his pokemon and allowed it to crunch down on the jewelry.

With their part of the work complete, Schuyler returned to where the two had first come across one another. His back turned to the opposite direction as he attempted to pick the dirt from under his fingernails that had accumulated.

"Since we're sharing details about ourselves, I don't think I ever got a name for you," he mentioned in a laissez-faire fashion.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,666 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 22:38:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Schuyler's philosophical answer did not interest Zev in the least. He listened in stony silence, recalling the look of feverish interest in the other man's face while watching his Nidoking work. The blonde was like him, Zev realized. 'Sick' according to social norms.[break][break]

How convenient.[break][break]

After burying his half of the body elsewhere, they reconvened at their original meeting place. The hitman regarded Schuyler thoughtfully as his Nidoking filled the first grave with dirt again.[break][break]

"I'll tell you my name on one condition. You work for me and keep everything we do a secret. In exchange, you can study all the different ways people can die."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 19:29:33 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
His brows raised in slight surprise, slight intrigue. A simple request by the sounds of it. There didn't seem to be any cons to the arrangement. The hitman had a lackey and the writer had the opportunity to play mortician with no need to go poking through things that didn't concern him. Teeth flashed in a broad smile as a hand reached out for a shake.

After all, that's how all devils cemented their deals, was it not?

"I can't say I see any problem with it," he reasoned. "You've got yourself a deal."

While he seemed pleased with the deal, the sneaking suspicion dawned on him that the work wouldn't be as simple as torture and kill. Thankfully Schuyler wasn't one for easy work. That would make the arrangement dull.

But it made him wonder: was it appropriate to exchange contacts in that moment? With a shrug, Schuyler pulled out his phone, unlocked it, and offered it out to Zev, should he take it. He seemed a little too cooperative. When it bubbled down to it, it was just the fact he seemed enthralled on the promise of inspiration for his work, to study death in any form that came his way. It would help make his writing all the more gripping, he could feel it.

"I figure it'd be easiest on the both of us if we exchanged numbers. For business purposes."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,666 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 14:16:58 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev shook Schuyler's proffered hand and finally introduced himself. "I'm Zev."[break][break]

He also accepted the phone the other man extended toward him. After exchanging information, he pocketed his own phone—a burner he often used for Team Rocket work—and took out a pack of cigarettes.[break][break]

"Welcome to Team Rocket."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
GHOST STORY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 5:49:05 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: