Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
stone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 7:53:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Did you know the ancient Hezradians are believed to have some of the most advanced healthcare in the world, even by modern standards?" Howard said as they sat in a clinic's reception area, waiting on the bill. Howard wanted to run away screaming about free healthcare, but he didn't want to leave Eris behind.

With her small legs, she'd be tackled before she made it to the door. Howard, meanwhile, would be home free. It was an unjust world, but it was the world they lived in.

Unjustly.

It had been fairly easy to fix Howard up. The nurse had looked at him, prodded him, before zapping him with a halfhearted Heal Pulse and leaving the room. He had been wrapped with some bandages and to 'avoid putting pressure on it'. Howard had looked at the nurse like she was deranged. What, was he supposed to stop breathing?

Idiots.

Howard's Cleffa sat in the corner of the reception room, reading a magazine while Howard lectured Eris on the intricacies of ancient healthcare practices. To Howard, it was an artform on how much humans could be wrong about the human body.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
stone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 10:47:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Out of necessity? Or boredom?" She asks, idly kicking the air as she waits. Advancements didn't usually come from nowhere. Even ones that were stumbled upon by sheer coincidence could only be built upon when someone had enough interest to replicate and reproduce those results.[break][break]

Underneath the bench dwells a sleepy creature, a Crocalor getting all cozy whilst Reiner eyes him with perhaps, a rather intrusive thought brewing in his mind.[break][break]

"And if it's that advanced, why don't we do what they did?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 10:15:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Out of a need to prove themselves smarter than their neighbors. Wisdom only comes when your ancestors have killed enough people to ensure peace." Howard chuckled as he flipped open a newspaper and began to fill it out. "The irony is that most ancient societies actually knew very little. Blood letting, leeching, humors, yadda yadda. Most of it was superstition pretending to be knowledge."

The Cleffa lowered its newspaper and glared at Reiner and the Crocalor. Something malicious was afoot.

Howard, meanwhile, worked on his crossword. He tore through it with surprising speed as he spoke about healthcare. Of course the poor person would be interested in healthcare policy.

"We do, sometimes. They practiced quarantine and cleaning tools beforehand. They disinfected their surgical instruments with flame." Howard flicked his newspaper down and smiled at Eris. "It's why when you get sick, you could stay home from school. You didn't get very far, admittedly, but that's how it works."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 11:39:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Who were their neighbours?"[break][break]

Why not pick at his mind if he's offering the opportunity? She's listening to the many, many gruesome practices with only a very basic grasp of what they entail. Hell, she's even impressed by how easily he does the crossword while he talks. The last one she had tried had ended up in a whole adventure into another world, and many other... strange things.[break][break]

Shaking her head, she looks down to Reiner and ruffles his mane. For a moment, the Luxray is placated but he soon notices the way the Cleffa glares at them.[break][break]

"I don't think we disinfect with flames nowadays. More like... heat? Some kind of radiation?" She wonders how that came about. "Would they cool those instruments down before they used it? I know you can burn flesh and veins, and the side effects can be pretty bad."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 17:22:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Far, far away. I believe they were neighbored by Emulia and the Orre Kingdoms." Howard frowned as he hit a ten letter word for 'an expression of contentness'. He checked where the phrase intercepted and groaned. A space?

This crossword puzzle was a bitch.

"We do, sometimes, when we're in a hurry. If we were stranded in the wilderness, I'd disinfect with a burning knife to cauterize. Typically, they're disinfected between surgeries and left to cool. To them, it was a ritual. Surgeries took a long time to prep and they treated each one as a special occasion. Their doctors were their priests, and surgeries were miracles."

The Cleffa flicks up her magazine. Ominous, and not of the wind variety. Malicious. Disturbing.

"Miracles because of the mortality rates, anyway. Didn't know they taught kids biology that early. Howard flicked down his magazine and exhaled, blowing air towards the ceiling. "What's a ten letter word for 'an expression of contentment'? Happiness is nine letters."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 6:08:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Never heard of any of those places before..." She can read maps and work with the pieces she's given, but if asked to memorise geography? Only places of interest would stick. "I guess it really would be a miracle if you kinda saved someone who was supposed to be dying? Did they not have pokemon to help?"[break][break]

Between the abundance of medicines that pokemon provided, and the almost magical healing moves some possessed, it came across as weird that pokemon hadn't been mentioned in the whole topic of healthcare. His comment of learning biology early isn't exactly right, but trying to correct him would bring up a rather awkward topic.[break][break]

"Ten letters? Synonyms of happiness..."[break][break]

Right now, Reiner would be the very opposite of whatever the answer is, his fur bristling as he squints at the Cleffa.[break][break]

"Cheeriness? Joyousness? Exuberance? Jubilation?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 8:51:55 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"They don't exist anymore, and they're hardly taught in school anymore. It's better to teach you kids about taxes and other boring things. Dreadful thing, taxes. Hopefully you never need to do them."

Man, how did he explain taxes to a child? He'd shelve that until Eris was older.

"It was a lot harder to garner the help of Pokémon back in the day. We didn't have Pokeballs way back in the day. The ones we did have were unreliable and powered by steam, if you can believe it." Howard chuckled as he looked towards Eris with a smile. "It was hard to get the help of certain Pokemon. Besides, what if the healing Pokémon grew ill? We can't just rely on them alone."

The Cleffa flicks down the magazine again, and waggles a finger, mimicking Reiner's irritation with a flawless Copycat. The magazine flipped up again. Malicious. Ominous. Dubious.

"Hmmm, no. I need a space... Ah, I've got it!" Howard snapped his finger, beaming as he scribbled his answer down. "Hunky dory!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:05:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Well, in a sense... But it's fun learning about history." A quiet sniff, she scrunches her nose as she finally notices how intently Reiner stares at the Cleffa.[break][break]

"Steam powered pokeballs seem... man, how would that even work?" Wrapping her head around such a concept is a struggle when she doesn't have a real example before her very eyes to pick and pry apart. "How did we even get around to the idea of catching pokemon? Nowadays, everyone has a pokemon of their own... When do you think it changed?"[break][break]

Would it tend to change again? She can't help but wonder if there'd ever be a time where pokemon would abandon them once more. Just like they had done on the dawn of the darkest day.[break][break]

Her gaze snaps up to look at Howard, her eyes mismatched in colours with her left being far paler than it'd once been. Mild annoyance prickles at the ends of her lips, the girl squinting at the other.[break][break]

"Hey... You asked for a ten letter word! Not two!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 8:00:43 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Haha! Don't worry about it. If it passes the crossword, it doesn't matter!"

The newspaper folded in on itself as Howard tucked it under his arm. Steam-powered Pokeballs were something that Howard struggled to imagine, but they did exist. Maybe they'd be able to reproduce them someday. Howard wasn't a mechanic, but he did vaguely understand how they worked.

And wasn't vaguely understanding something the mark of a good historian?

"Aw, I'm glad you enjoy learning about it. I enjoy teaching it." Howard gave Eris's head a comfortable pat, before going to fill out his paperwork to leave the clinic. "That's a good question. When we figured out it was easier to catch Pokemon then to truly befriend them."

The Cleffa raised an eyebrow, before disappearing into its Pokeball. A malicious fiend.

"Well, let's go!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 14:26:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Something malicious brews, but just what might it be? Neither she nor Reiner can tell just what this Cleffa might be up to, but the Crocalor that's been sleeping under the benches doesn't seem worried in the slightest. It's already been recalled, unable to pull any tricks whilst kept in its ball.[break][break]

Siddling up to the counter as Howard signs the paperwork, she wonders just what the nurses are busy doing - Tapping away at a calculator, trying to sum up the cost of his treatment. And they seem to be waving a card around, ready to use it for payment... one embossed with the name...[break][break]

?[break][break]

Uh oh sisters.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
stone [M]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:19:55 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: